Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem (4974 Views)

Can A Wifi Only Iphone Be Made To Use Sim / A Modem Device / How Do I Use My Android Phone As A Modem To Browse On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by Veiniously: 1:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
How To Use Sim Card On Your Laptop To Browse And Send Messages
have you Ever wished your laptop acted — well, more like your phone, especially when it comes to data connections? While you can still hop on the internet outside the home using your phone as a hotspot, the setup process is annoying sometimes.

This is one of the most searched keywords online about how to make use of your sim on your laptop. most laptops nowadays come with a sim slot space and some people don’t even know it or recognise it, it has been asked on quora nairaland and searched on google with no straight forward or let us say a reasonable answer, I once asked a friend what that space (sim space on his laptop) is made for he was like I don’t know, I know we have different brands of laptops with different configurations and all that which might make it difficult to get a good answer or solution to you using your sim to browse or send a text message from your computer.

Ok, let us be clear here if you’ve not used a computer with a sim slot space available you won’t understand what this article is all about, new models of laptops available now come with a 4g mobile band in them this means you don’t need to look for a modem or a router, wifi and the rest to browse your favourite website or do some work online all you need to do is just a simple click and you are connected.

I want to make this article brief and simple so you understand and follow the procedures correctly on how to use sim cards on your laptop.

Things you need to check out for
these are things you need to check out for to be sure your computer is fully equipped with this feature before proceeding to how to use sim cards on a laptop

Check if you have a space available for sim placement

to check if your computer has a space for sim card placement you can check on the two sides of your computer you will normally see a logo which has the shape of a sim card attached to it or remove your laptop battery, check the space between your laptop body and battery usually most brands do put sim card space there, as I have used a dell 3330 latitude and Toshiba Tecra m10 which have sim card space there.sim card space on my toshiba tecra m10
Check information online you can do this by googling or check your laptop manual if it has any information about how to use sim cards on it.
Check your device manager ( go to my pc or file manager right click on this pc click on properties then device manager) if you have any pre-installed driver for sim card support it is usually written this way mobile broadband if you see the driver be rested assured you are 80% ready to use your laptop to browse the net but if you don’t see it but you passed check 1 which is checking for sim slot space not to worry I will soon get there on how to fix this
Toshiba mobile broadband
4. Check if your mobile broadband is intact

Some brands like dell do sell their computers with not included models like the dell 3330 does not come with a broadband module pre-installed in it you need to get one for your self on like the Toshiba Tecra m10 which come with it pre-installed for you to be able to check if it comes with it you can contact your manufacturer or simply go to bios setup if you are using dell I don’t know for the rest but it should be displayed there, after booting to bios setup enter...............

view all information and images
https://9jatide.com/2020/07/how-to-use-sim-cards-on-a-laptop/

1 Like

Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by flex04(m): 1:53pm On Jul 14, 2020
Guy my latitude, exactly your model came with a sim slot but i can't access the sim when inserted
Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by Veiniously: 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2020
flex04:
Guy my latitude, exactly your model came with a sim slot but i can't access the sim when inserted
did u check my article dell do not include the module when selling it you need to buy the module b4 you can enjoy it unlike Toshiba that comes with it
Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by Adewale1603(m): 8:12pm On Jul 14, 2020
Simcard slots are optional in the same laptop models, that is in laptop of the same models some will have space for simcard slot while some will not, the same thing with webcam cameras, wlan/wwan card modules, even bluetooth too are optional.
Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by Kennyking1234: 9:21pm On Jul 14, 2020
Help I just did it it swallowed my sim.

1 Like

Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by sajmark(m): 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
Kennyking1234:
hahaha laptop don turn ATM machine wey dey swallow card, 2020 na one hell of a year abeg.

7 Likes

Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by Kennyking1234: 3:10am On Jul 15, 2020
sajmark:

hahaha laptop don turn ATM machine wey dey swallow card, 2020 na one hell of a year abeg.
Am serious No joke my sim card is stuck.
Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by MemoriesAndMe: 5:26am On Jul 15, 2020
No need shopping around for a laptop that allows sim cards, a simple USB sim reader will work for every laptop. Like one here https://www.ebay.com/itm/392342192070

1 Like

Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by Veiniously: 6:18am On Jul 15, 2020
MemoriesAndMe:
No need shopping around for a laptop that allows sim cards, a simple USB sim reader will work for every laptop. Like one here https://www.ebay.com/itm/392342192070
nice
Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by Veiniously: 6:18am On Jul 15, 2020
Kennyking1234:
Am serious No joke my sim card is stuck.
maybe u didn't put it well or your laptop doesn't support sim
Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by Adewale1603(m): 7:40am On Jul 15, 2020
Kennyking1234:
are you sure it was a slim slot you inserted the sim
Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by Veiniously: 8:06am On Jul 15, 2020
Adewale1603:
Simcard slots are optional in the same laptop models, that is in laptop of the same models some will have space for simcard slot while some will not, the same thing with webcam cameras, wlan/wwan card modules, even bluetooth too are optional.
like what adewale said is true you need to check properlly same brand and model have different spec which are quite different from each other like this dell 3330 am using is core i5 1.8ghz i saw same dell 3330 with core i3 1.3ghz and celeron proccesors please check well b4 inserting sim
Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by Adewale1603(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2020
Veiniously:

like what adewale said is true you need to check properlly same brand and model have different spec which are quite different from each other like this dell 3330 am using is core i5 1.8ghz i saw same dell 3330 with core i3 1.3ghz and celeron proccesors please check well b4 inserting sim
That one is still different, because processors can be changed, even motherboards can be changed. someone using that dell 3330 with core i3, 1.3ghz intel celeron can be upgraded to core i5, even core i7.
Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by Emenike101: 11:29am On Jul 15, 2020
Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by veevictor: 1:43am On Jul 16, 2020
I hav Hp ProBook 640 g2 with a sim slot, bt the sim laptop didn't dictect the sim
Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by Veiniously: 6:46am On Jul 16, 2020
veevictor:
I hav Hp ProBook 640 g2 with a sim slot, bt the sim laptop didn't dictect the sim
did you click on that link?
check if you have a driver for it ( details is in the link)
check if the hardware is installed on it ( details in the link)

if you dont fix this 2 it wont detect anything
Re: How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem by Veiniously: 6:47am On Jul 16, 2020
Adewale1603:
That one is still different, because processors can be changed, even motherboards can be changed. someone using that dell 3330 with core i3, 1.3ghz intel celeron can be upgraded to core i5, even core i7.
true

(1) (Reply)

How I Got Ruined By Buying A Gionee Phone That Don't Have 3G (F103 Pro) / Incredible Mysteries Hidden Underneath The World’s Oceans…#8 Is Quite Scary! / Whatsapp Free Browsing On Your PHONE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.