Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,526 members, 7,816,284 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Can A Wifi Only Iphone Be Made To Use Sim - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can A Wifi Only Iphone Be Made To Use Sim (4452 Views)

Can My Iphone Be Tracked If Switched Off / How To Use Sim Cards To Browse On A Laptop Without A Modem / Apple iPhones May No Longer Use SIM Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Wifi Only Iphone Be Made To Use Sim by Faithti(m): 10:41am On May 25, 2021
saw a listing on jiji for an iphone 6s going for a cheap price.but the problem now is that it's wifi only,so wanted to ask b4 i proceed can i make it use sim again and how or it will be stuck on wifi like that.thanks in advance
Re: Can A Wifi Only Iphone Be Made To Use Sim by sholikay(m): 11:01am On May 25, 2021
@OP...Google should have given you an accurate answer..but nonetheless,from my little research about iPhones using WiFi,two things might really prompt the cause for wifi usage...1. network hardware or software of the phone is bad and likely irreparable..2. an iCloud locked iPhone...but I learnt you can bypass an iCloud locked iPhones by communicating with the original owner(that is if it is not listed already as a stolen phone)..,or contact apple,or using imeidoctor,DNS bypass, ibypasser(you will get a trial version from their website to know if it can be unlocked,before purchasing the real software,which will be downloaded to a computer,where you will connect the iPhone to and then unlock)...
Re: Can A Wifi Only Iphone Be Made To Use Sim by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:14am On May 25, 2021
Faithti:
saw a listing on jiji for an iphone 6s going for a cheap price.but the problem now is that it's wifi only,so wanted to ask b4 i proceed can i make it use sim again and how or it will be stuck on wifi like that.thanks in advance
sim chip no longer working .
But they can unlock it with software, I think 8k in ikeja.
I will advise you and the person go to ikeja and unlock the phone because in some cases, the phone might be faulty and software unlock won't work
Re: Can A Wifi Only Iphone Be Made To Use Sim by stupidmod3: 11:40am On May 25, 2021
sholikay:
@OP...Google should have given you an accurate answer..but nonetheless,from my little research about iPhones using WiFi,two things might really prompt the cause for wifi usage...1. network hardware or software of the phone is bad and likely irreparable..2. an iCloud locked iPhone...but I learnt you can bypass an iCloud locked iPhones by communicating with the original owner(that is if it is not listed already as a stolen phone)..,or contact apple,or using imeidoctor,DNS bypass, ibypasser(you will get a trial version from their website to know if it can be unlocked,before purchasing the real software,which will be downloaded to a computer,where you will connect the iPhone to and then unlock)...
ur answer no even relate to the question
Re: Can A Wifi Only Iphone Be Made To Use Sim by Tccomms: 12:54pm On May 25, 2021
Faithti:

You can simply ask the seller what's wrong with the sim slot.
Wifi Only iPhone could mean any of the following:

1. The Sim slot is damaged/bad.
2. The phone is network locked.
3. The phone is iCloud locked(clean IMEI) ... Which means it has iCloud on it and the phone is not reported stolen or lost
4. The phone is iCloud locked(Lost Mode)... Which means the phone is stolen or it's on lost mode.
5. Rarely the case but it is a software issue
Re: Can A Wifi Only Iphone Be Made To Use Sim by sholikay(m): 2:00pm On May 25, 2021
stupidmod3:
ur answer no even relate to the question
you are the one here that had comprehension issue bro...I gave him the possible cause of an iPhone using WiFi,and some possible solution...I am not encouraging him to just buy...he needs to know what he is buying...

1 Like

Re: Can A Wifi Only Iphone Be Made To Use Sim by Faithti(m): 2:37pm On May 25, 2021
Tccomms:

You can simply ask the seller what's wrong with the sim slot.
Wifi Only iPhone could mean any of the following:

1. The Sim slot is damaged/bad.
2. The phone is network locked.
3. The phone is iCloud locked(clean IMEI) ... Which means it has iCloud on it and the phone is not reported stolen or lost
4. The phone is iCloud locked(Lost Mode)... Which means the phone is stolen or it's on lost mode.
5. Rarely the case but it is a software issue
thanks leeme just leave d wahalla one time
Re: Can A Wifi Only Iphone Be Made To Use Sim by Faithti(m): 2:40pm On May 25, 2021
Faithti:
thanks guys.have told him am no longer intrested

(1) (Reply)

Lithuania Urges People To Throw Away Chinese Phones / Multilinks CDMA Will Shut Down Finally This Morning / If Anybody Compare Glo With Mtn Again Eh! Wtf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.