Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win (38346 Views)

US Bans China’s Huawei And ZTE Over Security Risk / US Government Bans China Telecom From Operating In The Country / Afghan Mother Hands Her Suckling Baby To A US Soldier (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by idahme(m): 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2020
OkhaiAsein:
why would they ban improvement. eh

Read you will see the reasons..
Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by martineverest(m): 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2020
Focusmind:
China will loose this war. Cross Atlantic alliance is still strong. Very soon, EU will join the ban when Trump puts much pressure or even sanction.

China is flexing too much muscle. They should have maintained but pride wont allow them.

China is cunning and will spy at anything. They have too much control on their companies.
china has lost the battle...china is creating more enemies than ever, especially it's neighbours: Korea,Japan,taiwan and india

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by martineverest(m): 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2020
Tyrone007:
What do you mean by "Democratic spy" and "autocratic spy"?
china is ruthless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by Tyrone007: 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
dario078:

The relationship US has with the UK is more than just trade. Have you heard about ''The 5 Eye"? Google it.

The truth is, there is a law that compels Chinese companies to spy for the Chinese govt on request.

The US isn't just paranoid.
True, US and UK are deeply tied together beyond what most people know. But check this out

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by Bandale: 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
fineboynl:
but the US is spying with Apple, Instagram, Facebook butcoin and WhatsApp. the same time way the use it at get down hushppopy

Yes USA can spy but not China. China should spy on themselves and African countries who are foolish enough like Nigeria(Yoruba and Northerners only).
The USA is Considerate in their approach but the Chinese are very ruthless. Just like we told y'all that Buhari was bad news and you paid us no attention is the same way we are now telling you the Chinese are up to something but you will still foolishly ignore it, claiming I too know.....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by martineverest(m): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2020
IpobAntidote:
How's this a US big win?

US doesn't even have the 5 G technology....they will all still end up with Chinese technology sooner or later.
EU companies like Nokia and Eriksson are the winners here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by cally10(m): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2020
Very good move. These Chinese are using Huawei to spy on everyone. There are no private company in China. Any CEO that doesn't do as he/she is told by emperor president Xi and the Communist party is dead, so is his family. China is a hostile hegemonic brutal imperial power led by emperor Xi by election. They're not to be trusted.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by Edojoma(m): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2020
southniyikaye:
Kilounsele gangan, shey dem go deny me us visa now cos of my huawei?

Nor kill me with laugh oo,, maybe dem go say make u nor use huawei phone wen u enter their country... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by Pr0cter: 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2020
Righteousness89:
They Have Finally seen was President Trump saw long ago...

Stop typing out of ignorance. What do you think President Trump saw?

You don't just come online to type gabbage

4 Likes

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 14, 2020
hotwax:

China have even deployed 10G in my villlage.

Asian leopard. Asian amotekuns with their substandard product.

5G is a technology standard any electronic company can build if they decide to invest in it.

That reminds me of HTML5 when it was first defined by w3c. Not all companies adopted it initially until it became popular.

African mumu dont even know shiit. African Gorillas

China want to take over the world. So what they do is build backdoor in their softwares and gadgets to harvest data from mumu like you.

But America is wise, lets say America and Mossads have done it before, so they know the secret.

Huawei 5G is not gonna shut down american economy. Imagine china trying to infitrate American predator drone or F35 network. Thats the end of america. Huawei spying is a major security issue for American military.

Nice comment. Some people are just ignorant. They don't know the length China is willing to go to dominate the world.

I'd rather have America as the world's sole superpower than China. America has its flaws, but it's still a democracy and people have the right to criticize the government and protest. This is not the case with China. They don't even allow other countries to criticize them.

I remember the mayor of Lusaka was forced to apologize because of a comment he made criticizing the ill-treatment of Zambians by their Chinese bosses. I was so angry when he apologized, I felt like shooting someone. All this happened because Zambia defaulted on a loan they owed, and the Chinese took over their airport. China now literally owns Zambia.

China has locked up 1 million Uighur Muslims in so-called reeducation camps, but Muslim countries are afraid to speak out. Imagine if US had done same.

We all criticize the US on social media and get away with it even when we visit the US. If you criticize China on social media in your country, you would be prosecuted if you come to China. Isn't this crazy?

The people supporting China don't understand how authoritarian the Chinese govt is.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by Ezmans: 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2020
SpicyMimi:
Wow! And this keeps getting more interesting.
Huawei is a good phone anyways...

By the way, we have clearance sales for men's wears -50% discount off! Check my profile for pics and prices.
Huawei the biggest threat to Apple
Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by martineverest(m): 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2020
timesup234:
UK is a shithole. The poorest city in China is richer than the whole united kingdom put together.
u sound dumb tho....the income per capita of UK is almost 5x that of china.

UK is about 5 times richer than china

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by Kalifamike: 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2020
Contact mrs Kim for study in Germany programme mhizekim121@gmail.com fast process and its reliable

1 Like

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by IpobAntidote: 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2020
martineverest:
EU companies like Nokia and Eriksson are the winners here

Yeahp. Not the US companies that are still struggling with developing their own 5G systems.
Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by Jeromejnr(m): 8:14pm On Jul 14, 2020
Heavensent01:

I was expecting you to remind them of heavenly home but you always asslick a man that called Black race all sort of names

when Jesus was alive, did he discriminate? this Trump is a bloody racist and you called yourself Christian still supporting him

Please provide proof that Trump is a racist.

You just sat down and gobbled up the Liberal propaganda. You have no clue what is going on.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by idahme(m): 8:14pm On Jul 14, 2020
timesup234:
UK is a shithole. The poorest city in China is richer than the whole united kingdom put together.

According to?
Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by Tyrone007: 8:14pm On Jul 14, 2020
martineverest:
china is ruthless
Yes, but let's not forget that the US sometimes exaggerate the "ruthlessness" of China as a propaganda, thereby enforcing it in the subconscious of most people who follow US media religiously. This is not to downplay the way China behaves
Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by martineverest(m): 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2020
kestine:
UK is America puppet.. So I expect nothing less...
not really... UK already signed a contract agreement with Huawei despite Trump's pressure until coronavirus came in and worse one is china breaking agreement with UK on Hongkong independence

3 Likes

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by martineverest(m): 8:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
Tyrone007:
Yes, but let's not forget that the US sometimes exaggerate the "ruthlessness" of China as a propaganda, thereby enforcing it in the subconscious of most people who follow US media religiously. This is not to downplay the way China behaves
that doesn't mean....we all know how ruthless china could be irrespective of how American media try to paint them bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by martineverest(m): 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2020
IpobAntidote:

Yeahp. Not the US companies that are still struggling with developing their own 5G systems.
USA have never been a leader in network technology

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by Heavensent01(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Please provide proof that Trump is a racist.

You just sat down and gobbled up the Liberal propaganda. You have no clue what is going on.

propaganda? for restricting Nigerians in many things and calling Blacks all sort of demeaning names ?

You people that can lick Atiku anus, you're unpredictable

1 Like

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by Brenn594(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
lagdmark:

You better don't trust any, both America and China they are fighting only for their own interest, slave masters.
cool
lagdmark:

You better don't trust any, both America and China they are fighting only for their own interest, slave masters.
i don't trust both of em either-they'll suck!!!
Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by WelcomeToBiafra: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
Seerain:
I love China from d bottom of my hearts. wen u come close to me...

1 Share

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by lemonys(m): 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2020
Nice one from the UK, Nigeria should follow suit, riggers/installers now dey hungry because of chinese cheap labour and bulky tasks
Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:22pm On Jul 14, 2020
If I were to pick between Apple and Hauwei. I will pick Hauwei. It's certain Apple iphones have spy technology that's difficult to detect. It was US that created the spy technology on phones and because they were exposed, they don't want others to create same technology and gadgets.
USA is the biggest threat here not China. All other countries are too dull to see these.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2020
I strongly agree with the UK on d banning of China's telecom giants, the Chinese has always been known not t play by the rules especially during war, this move may push back d UK digital race a step backward but in d long term and in d event of a war with China , this may be UK's saving grace! UK should listen to d US. The FBI director once said that China has threatened the US ability to remain superpower and d US wouldn't fold its hands and watch China share its position with the US as the US would never let that happen and this is exactly wat is playing out, theres this power play among US and China for global dominance and I think US should remain d sole superpower in d world for as long as possible, there can't be two captains in one ship, but China as dictatorial as they are shouldn't be allowed to be superpower, The world has experience stability and growth under d US led Government First policy and US ability to protect the world and call others to order, the Chinese hasn't shown any responsibility or ability to be responsible in cases of protection of basic human rights and animal rights, even in freedom of speech, movement and journalism, xin jinping vision of China global dominance should be frustrated by any means necessary till China learns to be responsible and a big brother like d US! The Chinese taking world power is like taking us backwards in all the world fought for in terms of human rights and freedom of life and properties, I hear in China there isn't any internet, no permanent residences even if its ur inheritance the govt snatches it away from u, if u talk like d doctor that announced Covid 19 in China, u would be taken care of(silenced or killed)_ that's not or who we should fold our hands and let take over the world, please, the UK should understand that the Chinese are after the west, and they are made their stance pretty clear and is boldly written for all to see, the UK should proceed with caution in terms of d Chinese!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by timesup234: 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2020
martineverest:
u sound dumb tho....the income per capita of UK is almost 5x that of china.

UK is about 5 times richer than china
This is a classic example of how to remain a fool forever even with all the information out there.
Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by ospido: 8:24pm On Jul 14, 2020
IpobAntidote:

US DOES NOT HAVE INDIGENOUS 5G TECHNOLOGY.
ALL THE ONES CURRENTLY DEPLOYED IN THE US BY ATT, TMOBILE, ARE IMPORTED FROM CHINA, GERMANY AND SOUTH KOREA. THE US IS STILL WAY BEHIND OTHERS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF 5G TECHNOLOGY
PLS POST FOR US TO SEE IF YOU HAVE CONTRADICTORY PROVE THAT THEY DO.

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by timesup234: 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2020
icuminpiss:

No sane person should quote this biccch!
You are a top rated mumu. Now listen I am the most intelligent person in the whole world. When I speak dont even bother searching bullshit western propaganda. Now sing my praise
Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by joyandfaith: 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2020
tolexy007:

well He just won the first round, let's see what China will up to in 2nd round..

lalasticlala

your head is correct.

US stance
Washington believes the private Chinese company could either spy for Beijing or shut down rival countries' 5G networks in times of war.

this is what will happen during war.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by timesup234: 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2020
idahme:

According to?
because you lack knowledge it will be very difficult for you to know the chinese economy is more than 12 times bigger than that of the UK. This is how someone can be blind forever. Now pay me for lecturing you

1 Like

Re: UK Bans China's Huawei From Its 5G Network, Hands US Big win by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
If I were to pick between Apple and Hauwei. I will pick Hauwei. It's certain Apple iphones have spy technology that's difficult to detect. It was US that created the spy technology on phones and because they were exposed, they don't want others to create same technology and gadgets.
USA is the biggest threat here not China. All other countries are too full to see these.

Me too, Apple is an overpriced commodity that doesn't want to be brought down aside its top security details it isn't worth anything! US has spy software everywhere but d difference in the spy program of the US and China is completely different, US spy's for certain things which include identifying threats to the US govt and protect Innocent lives, can that be said about the Chinese, I much rather the US spy on me than the Chinese cause even criticizing the Chinese president Xin jinping is enough for me to be shot dead! But the US to some extent don't abuse people's human rights!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Egypt Palm Sunday Service Bombing: Blast Kills 21, Injures Dozen / Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister / Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.