Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall (19211 Views)

Abuja Court Reinstates Pondei-led NDDC Interim Management / INEC Adjusts 2019 Elections Budget To N143bn / BREAKING: INEC Budget: N/assembly Rejects N189bn, Insists On N143bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by tesppidd: 10:36am On Jul 15, 2020
Elineska:
[s]Zombie is programmed to think and act in a particular way...not surprised[/s]
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2020
omenka:
They system is rotten not just to the core, but to the atomic level!!

Buhari, you have lost the anticorruption war, the premise upon which some of us became staunch supporters of you!

All you needed to do from day one was show a few examples, making every subject under you understand there'd be no sacred cows. In the beginning, everyone was terrified to touch what wasnt theirs, but to their greatest surprise, you let them nibble without reacting. Seeing your aloofness as they nibbled, they turned their nibble to a mouthful bite, leading us where we are today.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement!

Bless you sir!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by Emenikeronatty: 11:14am On Jul 15, 2020
How I wished this country will go back to military regime because that's the only way to sanitise this country.
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by Jonathan39: 11:20am On Jul 15, 2020
Is too late to cry when the head is cut off shocked
omenka:

Buhari, you have lost the anticorruption war, the premise upon which some of us became staunch supporters of you!

All you needed to do from day one was show a few examples, making every subject under you understand there'd be no sacred cows. In the beginning, everyone was terrified to touch what wasnt theirs, but to their greatest surprise, you let them nibble without reacting. Seeing your aloofness as they nibbled, they turned their nibble to a mouthful bite, leading us where we are today.

Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by toprealman: 11:21am On Jul 15, 2020
omenka:

Even down to quark(google it) level bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by seangy4konji: 11:24am On Jul 15, 2020
gone with the wind.
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by Meteng: 11:24am On Jul 15, 2020
tesppidd:
Take it from me;

In our current Democratic structure and dispensation, it is practically impossible for any Nigerian President to go against their appointees and croonies.

Lol..

Imagine Buhari using the EFCC to go against Tinubu, Amaechi, El Rufai, Malami, Magu, Akpabio, Sylva, Wike, Oshiomole and hundreds of others.

And perhaps half of the Senate.. .

And half of the judiciary.....

(We all know how much corrupt elements we have in these places)

Now tell me sincerely; Will Buhari survive another 6 months on seat?
(It's a goddammn democracy not an autocracy)

What you guys ask of Buhari is practically IMPOSSIBLE.

90 percent of the politicians with any form of electoral value have been involved in one act of corruption or another.
The few Nigerians who could be "clean" have got little or no electoral value and they cannot win an election for Mr President.

Bro this is the sad fact in our country.

If Buhari has to go against his appointees and croonies he'd have to go against 90 percent of them.
They shall fight back! And He will not be President.

The only way that Buhari or any President can fight this fight the way you guys want is by becoming a military head of state all over again.

No President can emerge in the Nigeria of today without 70 percent of these corrupt elements on your side.
And I ask, was he not aware of this when he was crisscrossing the country, preaching to fight corruption to a standstill?
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by YenYo: 11:58am On Jul 15, 2020
Smh
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by Philipxxxx0: 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
tesppidd:
Damn!

RIP English.
English is a borrowed language.
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by shekauvsbuhari: 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
tesppidd:
I just knew that somehow you would tie this to Buhari.
But don't get me wrong, Buhari has got the responsibility to check the NNDC.

But is this probe not part of the checks and balances of the Buhari administration?

Or are you now going to divorce the Senate from Buhari?

The anti corruption war is not for Buhari alone.
It will take more than a man to fight corruption in Nigeria.
Buhari alone cannot fight the corruption in one state out of 36. Talkless of the entire country.

The anti corruption war is for the Senate, the Reps, the Judiciary, the presidency, you and me.

I had expected you to begin your rant from point A where you should begin but you jumped to point D.

Point A is the NDDC mangement and the Niger Delta leaders. Since we are talking abiut the NDDC specifically here.

The people of the Niger Delta have had all the wealth in the country but with very little developments.
And so the NDDC is created.

The leaders of the Niger delta which make up less than 1 percent of the population embezzle 90 percent of the funds.

A drive into Port Harcourt city and the GRA areas where these NDDC big shots live would prove it to you.
What you find are mansions, expensive cars, big generators, and all manner of affluence.

And when the Niger Delta people want to complain, first thing they say is Buhari Buhari.

I believe a fresh orientation is required. The primary injustice they face lives right with them.

Their own leaders are the major ones causing their poverty.
They say charity begins at home.

The Niger Delta must hold the NDDC and their Niger Delta leaders accountable first before holding the FG.
This cannot be allowed to continue. This is nothing but betrayal amongst siblings.
buhari is responible. He makes the appointment. Must he appoint people with political ties to him and his associates? There are good people all over de country but he keeps using political ties to appoint thieves. Apooint competent people, he will not. Its politics, ethnicity and religion that he considers. Nonsence!
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by evy800(f): 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
Government officials stealing with reckless abandon and a charade for a probe will be held for our benefit at the end they will be declared innocent...

Let them continue angry
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by shekauvsbuhari: 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2020
tesppidd:
Take it from me;

In our current Democratic structure and dispensation, it is practically impossible for any Nigerian President to go against their appointees and croonies.

Lol..

Imagine Buhari using the EFCC to go against Tinubu, Amaechi, El Rufai, Malami, Magu, Akpabio, Sylva, Wike, Oshiomole and hundreds of others.

90 percent of the politicians with any form of electoral value have been involved in one act of corruption or another.
The few Nigerians who could be "clean" have got little or no electoral value and they cannot win an election for Mr President.

If Buhari has to go against his appointees and croonies he'd have to go against 90 percent of them.

The only way that Buhari or any President can fight this fight the way you guys want is by becoming a military head of state all over again.

No President can emerge in the Nigeria of today without 70 percent of these corrupt elements on your side.
Then your darling buhari is a deceiver and a hypocrite. He knew those guys are corrupt yet he rode on their backs to become president while at the same time promising to wipe out corruption. Let him take action against them. I dnt care if they fight him back. Afterall many governors rebel against their god-fathers. Your buhari is shit and stop defending shit.
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by Jeffyblaq(m): 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2020
Sirwallace:

you took the words out of my mouth bro.

The body language was very staunch when he came aboard in 2015.
I remembered NEPA giving up almost 20hrs of electricity daily.
people were scared not mess with a former general championing a corruption fight. i mean what are you fiighting when you have Tinubu, Amaechi, Gandollar, Akpabio and host of others as your inner room circles.

now its just a hoax, as there are more corruption going on under Baba noise than what we hear from NDDC.

he is a great disappointment as you said. 2015 was the perfect moment to change the country path for good. change of govt and party; now there is nothing we can do to change that narrative since illiterates and stupid people are the ones who decide election results.

now I don't see any redemption for the country from the crook politicians lining up for 2023 and beyond. best thing is get a marketable skill and get the hell out of the country.
Well said..
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by KunleyY19(m): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2020
Imagine the amount that keeps going to NDDC yet they still embezzle it themselves. No external forces Ooo...
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by erasmus101: 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
It is a pity,always getting bad everyday.
I'm dissapointed,why can't we build our legion,we have enough to be more than western world,our leaders has failed us.
This is the right time we have to come together and hold them accountable,and made them to pay for all the damages they have coursed us for years.
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by Mars16(m): 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2020
Hmmm, continue the probing.

Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2020
What is good for the goose is good for the gander. If you talk about dasukigate you mention Jonathan's government. Buhari's government should take the fall for these atrocities.
tesppidd:

But is this probe not part of the checks and balances of the Buhari administration?

Buhari alone cannot fight the corruption in one state out of 36. Talkless of the entire country.

The anti corruption war is for the Senate, the Reps, the Judiciary, the presidency, you and me.

I had expected you to begin your rant from point A where you should begin but you jumped to point D.

Point A is the NDDC mangement and the Niger Delta leaders. Since we are talking abiut the NDDC specifically here.

The people of the Niger Delta have had all the wealth in the country but with very little developments.

The leaders of the Niger delta which make up less than 1 percent of the population embezzle 90 percent of the funds.

A drive into Port Harcourt city and the GRA areas where these NDDC big shots live would prove it to you.
What you find are mansions, expensive cars, big generators, and all manner of affluence.

And when the Niger Delta people want to complain, first thing they say is Buhari Buhari.

I believe a fresh orientation is required. The primary injustice they face lives right with them.

The Niger Delta must hold the NDDC and their Niger Delta leaders accountable first before holding the FG.
This cannot be allowed to continue. This is nothing but betrayal amongst siblings.
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by tesppidd: 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2020
Meteng:
And I ask, was he not aware of this when he was crisscrossing the country, preaching to fight corruption to a standstill?
You got me there.

The only sensible response to my comment....

He is guilty therefore of deceiving Nigerians to get to power because no one can truly eradicate corruption in Nigeria. .

1 Like

Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by 989900: 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2020
tinsel:
What is happening with this government is what happens when you are not in control of your house. I believe this is the main reason the first family is always speaking out against the governmemt. Those in government and around the government are chopping while the first family is probable left behind and isolated. The corruption in the system is so massive because the man in charge is not in control.

Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by tundess: 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
Wait for it.
I wouldn't be surprised if his admin replaced Akpabio with Ibori at NDDC. It's the kind of bungling we have come to expect.
You put a known klepto in charge of the NDDC money spigot and are now acting surprised that all manner of allegations about his unbecoming conduct are emerging ?
That idiom about organising a two ticket raffle comes to mind.
PMB is unfit to lead. He physically cannot superintend over his admin. Can't work, can't travel, can't even contemporaneously address Nigerians on urgent issues. Add intellectual deficit and you have this omnishambles.
He had 16+ yrs to plan his presidency. And this is what we get.
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by yaki84: 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
omenka:
It is just pathetic. We seem to have gotten back to square one! All the rodents are out in the street with no cat to tame their nuisance.

I'm deeply appalled by the torrent of corruption related news coming out daily. The sleaze is unprecedented!
You see why we should build strong institutions and not promote strong men?
Even if we bring in an assassin to be president of naija, he won't be able to kill one corrupt politician
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by Judgesledge(m): 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2020
tesppidd:
Take it from me;

Lol..

Of course they'll fight back, but Buhari will be assured of the support of majority of Nigerians, including those from the eastside. Most Nigerians are yearning for good leadership irrespective of it's primordial source.The so called electoral value of these corrupt elements, I can assure you will be meaningless when confronted with the mass movement in support of good leadership
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by yaki84: 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2020
[quote author=tesppidd post=91727710]I just knew that somehow you would tie this to Buhari.

This cannot be allowed to continue. This is nothing but betrayal amongst siblings.[/quote
The president said he alone has the ability and capacity to fight corruption to a stand still in Nigeria.
That is why he won the election, the buck stops on his table to deliver on the mandate given to him. We shouldn't just praise him when few rail tracks r laid on the forest, we should also knock him when his appointees go haywire with our common patrimony.
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by yaki84: 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2020
tesppidd:
Take it from me;

Lol..

This is so because every Nigerian leader thinks of himself, family and the next election.
Once a leader resume office and thinks of reelection and successor, he will work with all manner of crooks and thieves so his agenda will be achieve.
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by obyrich(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2020
omenka:

Really?
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by Pumpido75(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
tesppidd:
Take it from me;

Lol..

God bless you for this naked but bitter truth. Indeed Buhari is willing but his failling health and the prevailing circumstance of Nigeria politics/ politicians impeed his loafty ideals and principles.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by Atlanticfire: 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
omenka:

It is good to live long to see people like you who refused to listen previously come to their senses.

It is quite unfortunate that you have still not realised your mistake in supporting Buhari to come to power.

When you realise that you were sold a dummy, fooled by the sw controlled media into believing that Buhari had something to offer to the nation then and only then will you not be disappointed in Buhari.

Buhari has been very honest in his words and actions. He told you that he will split the populace into 5% and 97% and he did that faithfully in his appointments and projects. He told you that a fight against boko haram is a fight against the north, he has since declared boko haram technically defeated and left them to do what they like.

He belong to the group that says Nigeria is their estate and you wonder why he should be bothered about stealing from Nigeria.

Guy wake up. Do not misplace your patriotism next time. Lots of you that supported Buhari were very patriotic unfortunately you were too naive to understand Nigerian politics, religion, nepotism and tribalism and your patriotism was used in fooling you into supporting the wrong candidate.
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by omenka(m): 4:52pm On Jul 15, 2020
Atlanticfire:

It is good to live long to see people like you who refused to listen previously come to their senses.

It is quite unfortunate that you have still not realised your mistake in supporting Buhari to come to power.

When you realise that you were sold a dummy, fooled by the sw controlled media into believing that Buhari had something to offer to the nation then and only then will you not be disappointed in Buhari.

Buhari has been very honest in his words and actions. He told you that he will split the populace into 5% and 97% and he did that faithfully in his appointments and projects. He told you that a fight against boko haram is a fight against the north, he has since declared boko haram technically defeated and left them to do what they like.

He belong to the group that says Nigeria is their estate and you wonder why he should be bothered about stealing from Nigeria.

Guy wake up. Do not misplace your patriotism next time. Lots of you that supported Buhari were very patriotic unfortunately you were too naive to understand Nigerian politics, religion, nepotism and tribalism and your patriotism was used in fooling you into supporting the wrong candidate.
Let me guess, rooting for or supporting Jonathan or PDP would have been the way forward?

God forbid.

I'm not a fool not to know my right from my left. That Buhari has turned out this way doesn't negate the fact Jonathan wasn't an option, and if you think criticizing Buhari makes me sympathetic to pdp or any of their candidates, then you're sorely mistaken.

PDP still remains a useless entity to me. Make no mistakes about that.
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by lexy2014: 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2020
tesppidd:

U are here making flimsy excuses for d failure that buhari has become. Pre-2015, buhari was touted by people like u as d antidote to corruption but now u are saying he can't fight it alone. NDDC is a parastatal under d supervision of president buhari & his finance minister allocates funds to that parastatal. If they can't account 4d funds, then buhari is doing a very lousy job as president
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by tesppidd: 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2020
lexy2014:

[s]U are here making flimsy excuses for d failure that buhari has become. Pre-2015, buhari was touted by people like u as d antidote to corruption but now u are saying he can't fight it alone. NDDC is a parastatal under d supervision of president buhari & his finance minister allocates funds to that parastatal. If they can't account 4d funds, then buhari is doing a very lousy job as president[/s]
Re: NDDC Interim Management Fails To Explain N143bn Budget Shortfall by Bekool(m): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2020
The nddc should be scrapped it has become a harbinger of corruption in the niger delta where politicians easily go to fraudulently enrich themselves and later come out to vie for elective offices.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdulaziz Yari: I’m Not Ill, Only Have Leg Dislocation / Fact-Check: Did The Nigerian Govt Approve AK47 For Katsina Security Outfit? / Dino Melaye Celebrates Birthday With Kids At An IDP Camp (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.