Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,711 members, 7,831,224 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak (20648 Views)

Saul Niguez: Chelsea Agree Loan Deal For Atletico Madrid Midfielder. / Fernando Torres In Uyo For Atletico VS Super Eagles (Photos) / Super Eagles Squad For Atletico Madrid Friendly Announced [see Full List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Sonfethopia: 9:51am On Jul 15, 2020
Armstrong34:
The glory of that mumu oblak is just so visible because of the kind of defensive football athletico Madrid are known for.....

Those people are damn too too difficult to score a goal against... Their defensive tactics strong pass wall of jericho

Despite their defense oblak is good. He makes saves you don't expect a goal kepper to make.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by espn(m): 9:58am On Jul 15, 2020
aniblue:

Don't put all the blames on Kepa,
Our defense line is very porous. Buying keeper without Manning a solid defence is a waste of millions of cash
If KEPA was LIVERPOOLS number one. Trust me they may never win that league...KARIUS should come to mind.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by marti198(m): 9:59am On Jul 15, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Liverpool Allison is 26
alisson is turning 28 by october.....oblak just turned 27
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Ihavesuccess: 10:00am On Jul 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

There is absolutely no wisdom in paying 100 million for a keeper at 27... He probably has not more than 2 good seasons left in him.

He is a goalie for God's sake
Most goalkeepers flourish well above 30
For example Man utd bought Van Der ser when he was above 30years old.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Angelfrost(m): 10:01am On Jul 15, 2020
Yeah, for all them quoting me... I concede that goalkeepers can outlast their fellow footballers.

Still, 100 million for a goalkeeper who will still struggle to keep clean sheets behind a shitty defence is beyond dumb. Except the deal will not truly be Chelsea parting with all that dough.

That defence is your biggest worry and priority... Matter of fact, it will cost you more than a 100 million to fully transform that back line (Ask Guardiola and Zidane how far)!!!
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Ihavesuccess: 10:02am On Jul 15, 2020
Humanoid01:

Unfortunately, the board doesn't see this. £60M - £70M for Koulibaly would have been better.

Someone that is 29 years old?
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Farki: 10:15am On Jul 15, 2020
The fact that they are doing this shows the uselessness of Kepa. Chelsea has the weakest goal difference of the top 4 contenders and watching his repeated mistakes would be sad if it wasn't directly benefiting my club.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by johnnychuks(m): 10:20am On Jul 15, 2020
those it mean that rashford and martial , Bruno, greenwood will not score Chelsea again?
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Farki: 10:43am On Jul 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

There is absolutely no wisdom in paying 100 million for a keeper at 27... He probably has not more than 2 good seasons left in him.

Keepers play longer than regular outfield players. Buffon is past 40 and still playing.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by dumininu01(m): 10:47am On Jul 15, 2020
In as much as they need a good goalkeeper... Their defence is bad... They should get 2 solid defenders and get a decent keeper... It's not a must they waste money on oblak na... Wetin do nick pope of burnley?? And he won't even cost half of dah money..
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Dreyton36: 10:51am On Jul 15, 2020
[color=#000000][/color]if Chelsea like make them sign Jesus, I go still they flog their yansh anytime I catch am
Manchester for life
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by phemmyfour: 10:55am On Jul 15, 2020
Let them buy defenders
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by C141: 10:57am On Jul 15, 2020
Chai! Chelsea no get sense
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by barthmew(m): 11:01am On Jul 15, 2020
€100m for a goal keeper. Thats outrageous!

Kepa may have performed below expectation but the defenders too have their share of the blame.

A porous defense equates more goals. Period!

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Fragility6: 11:04am On Jul 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

yen yen yen yen. See who get football sense. Goalkeepers can play up to 32-33 bfor thier age starts calling. 100million for goalkeeper at 27 big but koulialy at 29 going at same 100milion price no big.mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Fragility6: 11:04am On Jul 15, 2020
dumininu01:
In as much as they need a good goalkeeper... Their defence is bad... They should get 2 solid defenders and get a decent keeper... It's not a must they waste money on oblak na... Wetin do nick pope of burnley?? And he won't even cost half of dah money..
Pope? Anytin english beta stay far
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Bahamas95(m): 11:08am On Jul 15, 2020
Not only Kepa.

Alonso, Christensen, Emerson, Abraham, Batshuayi, Jorginho and Barkley should be shipped out.....While Mason mount, Tomori and Hudson-Odoi should go out on loan.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by dumininu01(m): 11:09am On Jul 15, 2020
Fragility6:

Pope? Anytin english beta stay far
loll bro it's not about hyping I have seen his matches... He looks really good... That will save them more by splashing money on oblak... Well na dem sabi
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Fragility6: 11:12am On Jul 15, 2020
dumininu01:
loll it's not about hyping I have seen his matches... He looks really good... That will save them more by splashing money on oblak... Well na dem sabi
Same way we all saw Pickford,Maguire, Rashford,Hudson-odio,Loftus cheek n d rest.Now all of of d mentioned players are average bunch of mofos.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Slynation(m): 11:15am On Jul 15, 2020
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by anungangampu: 11:30am On Jul 15, 2020
dapsoneh:
100million euro for a 27year old �
its a keeper, age hardly matters

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Seunfretty: 11:31am On Jul 15, 2020
if Chelsea can make the deal happen it won't be so bad.....I see pple talking about Chelsea defence ...yes...I tink if. Chelsea wana be a strong contender next season then they have to change almost all the personel...in there back line....now listen is nt only because they ave conceded so much goals this season....but also cos they don't have the skillset to set up the kind of fast ball moving and attacking football frank wana ...play....if u look at Chelsea so well from the back u will see they don't ave that fluidity from the back....every player is passing the ball to someone behind to be safe and the center backs keep cycling the ball around them...the midfield is also very rigid and they keep shooting the ball back to the defence cos they ain't creative "inadequate quality".... talking about kepa...Chelsea should ship him off of need be.....fine u need s good defence to keep cleanshit but ave seen kepa sometimes this season. and I I can tell u he sint really a top goal keeper...sometimes things get wrong and ur center backs are been caught unaware as a good keeper u ave to step in and clear the mess...then shrug off and blast the hell out of the two men...I see kepa shout on this called men most times ofcourse but that must ave been after he had picked the ball from the back of the net....to win the league u need crazy defendersvto win u at least 15points but also a keeper to win u nting less than 12pounts
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Afroban(m): 11:31am On Jul 15, 2020
Chelsea once as the best defensive system in Europe.

They called us " park bus" due to the style of football we played then

Yes, Kepa is absolutely wack! But Lampard style of play is offensive football, his team concede as much as they score both in Derby and Chelsea.

We know Lampard want to be entertaining but he needs to find the Ballance.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by SlyCharlie(m): 11:38am On Jul 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

how old was van derser when he joined United??

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by flyingpig: 11:39am On Jul 15, 2020
SmartProf:
Let them replace that basket abeg...but before one blames the goalkeeper, how did the opponents get past the strikers, midfielders and defenders? Behind a good goalkeeper is always an empty net.

That is it. Chelsea should first fix their defence before thinking of replacing Kepa. Oblak seems so good because of the defensive abilities of the atletico madrid midfield and center backs. Makes the job so easy for jan oblak. He would be ridiculed and belittled, made into a laughing stock if he was put behind that chelsea defence. At that point Chelsea would think they were cursed for luring even arguably the best keeper but yet he flops. Fix your defence Chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by flyingpig: 11:39am On Jul 15, 2020
SlyCharlie:

how old was van derser when he joined United??

Late 20s. But not at 100million. Not even up to a quarter of 100million
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by SlyCharlie(m): 11:45am On Jul 15, 2020
flyingpig:

Late 20s. But not at 100million. Not even up to a quarter of 100million
Young man Van Der Sar was 35 years old when he joined united yet he still had about 6 solid years
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by flyingpig: 11:53am On Jul 15, 2020
SlyCharlie:

Young man Van Der Sar was 35 years old when he joined united
yet he still had about 6 solid years

Old man I said he no cost
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by SlyCharlie(m): 11:55am On Jul 15, 2020
flyingpig:

Old man I said he no cost
K
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Angelfrost(m): 11:58am On Jul 15, 2020
Fragility6:

yen yen yen yen. See who get football sense. Goalkeepers can play up to 32-33 bfor thier age starts calling. 100million for goalkeeper at 27 big but koulialy at 29 going at same 100milion price no big.mtcheew

Why on earth would any sensible club sign Koulibaly for 100 million??! Huh??!

Yeah... I have accepted the goof on the age of goalkeeper thing. So, keep your pants on!!! grin

Still, I maintain that 100 million for Oblak is just unwise!!! There is no guarantee he will replicate or maintain the same form, or that he won't even go the way of Kepa.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Angelfrost(m): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2020
Farki:

Keepers play longer than regular outfield players. Buffon is past 40 and still playing.

Thank you sir... I completely understand now.

I still question that price tag nonetheless.
Re: Chelsea Ready To Pay €100 Million For Atletico Madrid Goalkeeper Jan Oblak by Fragility6: 12:11pm On Jul 15, 2020
Angelfrost:

Why on earth would any sensible club sign Koulibaly for 100 million??! Huh??!

Yeah... I have accepted the goof on the age of goalkeeper thing. So, keep your pants on!!! grin

Still, I maintain that 100 million for Oblak is just unwise!!! There is no guarantee he will replicate or maintain the same form, or that he won't even go the way of Kepa.
Kepa isn't that bad as Chelsea are making it seem.D guy is just a victim of terrible defending.Chelsea no get defense at all.Remember hw ajax score 4 against Chelsea in first half. Dat aside sef.Cech was a goalkeeping legend at the bridge with good defenders.Bros went to Arsenal we saw anoda cech entirely. If dem like dem sign goalkeeper for 400m dollars if dey dont fix dat defense den dat money is a total waste

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mikel Denies Being Punished By Chelsea For Playing For Nigeria At Rio. / Oluwseyi Joseph Signs 4 Year Deal With Rangers / It’s Sad My Mother Couldn’t Witness My Glorious Moments In Super Eagles — Akpeyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.