Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,386 members, 7,958,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:33 AM

I’m Only Answerable To Buhari, No Political Leader Can Stop Me - Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Only Answerable To Buhari, No Political Leader Can Stop Me - Keyamo (283 Views)

Wike Not Answerable To N’assembly — Falana, Adegboruwa / We Are Not Answerable To US, UK - Femi Adesina / "I Am Only Answerable To Buhari" - Daura To Osinbajo On NASS Siege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I’m Only Answerable To Buhari, No Political Leader Can Stop Me - Keyamo by MckenzieSkyBlog: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2020
Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo has send a strong warning to those political leaders interested in taking control of the on going recruitment of 774,000 public workers in the country.

The minister who stated that he is only answerable to President Muhammadu Buhari, said that he has been given the Presidential nod to proceed with the recruitment process and no attempt at blackmailing the programme by politicians or any influential person will make him back out from it.

During a joint Senate/House of Representatives Committee meeting held on June 30, the Senate President the senate President, Ahmed Lawan had called for a halt to the process due to the irregularities surrounding the selection process.

This burgeoning news platform, gathered that the committee members walked the minister out of the session after the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) Director-General Nasir Ladan, insisted that only 8 statutory members outs of the 20-man selection committee were known.

Keyamo said:

“In the past, it used to be that certain persons entrusted with this kind of programmes, would hand it over to the political leaders. There has been an attempt at blackmailing this programme too to make us yield it to political leaders and we have said no. Not while I’m here.

“I have the pedigree and background; I know where I’m coming from before I came into public office. I have a pedigree and what I stand for and as I said in a previous press conference and I’m saying it again, that except Mr. President who appointed...SEE MORE HERE

1 Share

Re: I’m Only Answerable To Buhari, No Political Leader Can Stop Me - Keyamo by BigBabyJesus: 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2020
Fool
Re: I’m Only Answerable To Buhari, No Political Leader Can Stop Me - Keyamo by ProfessorBerlin(m): 12:50pm On Jul 15, 2020
Nothing concern me,

My own b say make na patronize me

(1) (Reply)

I Did Not Steal Or Divert Or Convert Funds To Private Use- Ibrahim Magu / Edo Voters Will Resist Antics Of APC, Ize-iyamu At Guber Poll ― Labour Party / Akwa Abasi Ibom Commences EOC For Alternate 911 Calls...photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.