Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? (2768 Views)

Ballon d’Or: Evra Congratulates Messi Ahead Of 2021 Award Ceremony / Italian TV Station Bans Pundit For Racist Comment On Lukaku / Caption This Photo Of Ronaldo And Neymar At The Best FIFA Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
tfash96:
Like I said seriousness is important in the team.. Look at how Messy Suarez and Coutinho was last season @ Anfield.. Even if he's not saying Neymar he needs good player beside Him.. Age is no longer by his side anymore.... And u saying Neymar.. Pls where's Neymar without Messi in world rn.. Tell me if he's still relevant like before

Where's Neymar without messi?? I have no idea bro, but I'm sure he isn't at his club president's office beginning him to sign messi so psg would be able to compete in europe

1 Like

Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Andrew13: 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
Mess is the best
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Modric's performance was consistent throughout the 2018 WC unlike messi, bros sentiments aside, Messi was a passenger during the knockout stages of the 2014 WC... everyone knew messi did not deserve that award, even maradona criticized the decision afterwards.. that award was a mere consolation, same as in 2015..

Ronaldo won the euros, so there was no reason to give him a consolation prize
U see aw u keep contradicting urself ..
Messi didn't score in the knockouts.....but Modric who u claim was consistent didn't score in the knockouts too....wer exactly are u driving at... I've pointed it out to u dat it's not always about the goals.....

Now u claim competition awards are consolation prizes just because Ronaldo has never won one....
So, it was consolation prize for zidane, maradonna, pele, Ronaldo de lima, etc... because these people all won the competitions and still collected the best player of the competition awards
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Where's Neymar without messi?? I have no idea bro, but I'm sure he isn't at his club president's office beginning him to sign messi so psg would be able to compete in europe
Someone who's always among top 3 then.. After Messi and Ronaldo his name is the next. Who told u the prodigal son is not wishing to return back to camp nou if not that it's really frustrating.. From Messi's shadow to Mbappe's.. This life isn't balance oo
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

I never said ronaldo could do everything himself, but rather it was one of you Pessi fanboys who said Pessi can destroy teams apart without help from his teammates...
Is not you who just said he single-handedly did something...Not like that don't misquote he can just do numerous things more than his counterpart.. You know it's possible for you not to score in a match n still wins MOTM.. That's Messi for you
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 5:20pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

I don't think you watched Argentina during the k/o stages of the 2014WC.. he wasn't creating much chances and he wasn't even scoring.. their star player during those times was di maria which was one of the reasons why the final was difficult for them because di maria was injured

why do you think maradona criticized the decision to give messi the golden ball
Let us say you're right sef but someone that did some magic b4 k/o matches deserve to be encouraged.. It's world cup we call it.. For you to shine at all isn't Bread and akara.. For you to qualify 1st sef is not like eating biscuit..You too said much chances which means he created a little.. It's not easy in world cup fatigue can come in anytime it's not like champions league you can still rest very well... Even if Modric stopped performing @ quarter final he's won heart of many football fans
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

List TEN good teams in copa america, then I will take you serious..

Even if messi likes, let him win 100 individual trophy, as long as he does not win a single trophy, he will still remain a flop.. abi you think that messi who said he would exchange all his ballon d'or for a trophy with argentina is a fool abi
Highest holder in number of ballon d'or a flop.. I'm rolling on the floor.. Tell me that's a slip of hand while you're typing.. Dani Alves is better than Ronaldo then if that's the case... You're judging about popularity of a nation in Copa America.. If I bring out common Paraguay or Mexico sef.. Pls tell me how many teams that can beat any of these two in world cup from Africa especially in k/o stage... Any of these two countries sef your Portugal shouldn't dare them o.. We all know how he dragged with Iran and Morocco in last wc the 1 his fans considered as his best world cup so far
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
tfash96:
Highest holder in number of ballon d'or a flop.. I'm rolling on the floor.. Tell me that's a slip of hand while you're typing.. Dani Alves is better than Ronaldo then if that's the case... You're judging about popularity of a nation in Copa America.. If I bring out common Paraguay or Mexico sef.. Pls tell me how many teams that can beat any of these two in world cup from Africa especially in k/o stage... Any of these two countries sef your Portugal shouldn't dare them o.. We all know how he dragged with Iran and Morocco in last wc the 1 his fans considered as his best world cup so far

6 ballon d'or does not save messi from being a flop for his country.. so you think messi that said he would exchange all his ballon d'or for a trophy with argentina is a fool abi

I said copa america is less difficult to win than euros, you disagreed, so I asked you to pick ten good teams in copa america.. instead of you to list out teams, you are here saying trash... is it not the same copa america where they invite teams from other continent(eg qatar from asia) just to complete the number of teams in the comp

you even mentioned Paraguay n mexico.. what's their respective position on fifa rankings right now.. and tell me how many wc trophies they have.. oga if you have nothing to say, take a chill pill and rest.. goodnight
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
Techiekingee:

U see aw u keep contradicting urself ..
Messi didn't score in the knockouts.....but Modric who u claim was consistent didn't score in the knockouts too....wer exactly are u driving at... I've pointed it out to u dat it's not always about the goals.....

Now u claim competition awards are consolation prizes just because Ronaldo has never won one....
So, it was consolation prize for zidane, maradonna, pele, Ronaldo de lima, etc... because these people all won the competitions and still collected the best player of the competition awards

Modric is a midfielder, and you dont judge players like them based on goals, unlike messi who is a forward and should be judged based on his goals and assists..

unlike messi,,, zidane, de lima, pele n maradona all won the wc when they won the best player of the tournament and they performed consistently throughout the tournament.. you dont give consolation prizes to winners na..

but wait oo, are you seriously comparing messi to those guys in terms of international football??
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by tfash96(m): 7:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

6 ballon d'or does not save messi from being a flop for his country.. so you think messi that said he would exchange all his ballon d'or for a trophy with argentina is a fool abi

I said copa america is less difficult to win than euros, you disagreed, so I asked you to pick ten good teams in copa america.. instead of you to list out teams, you are here saying trash... is it not the same copa america where they invite teams from other continent(eg qatar from asia) just to complete the number of teams in the comp

you even mentioned Paraguay n mexico.. what's their respective position on fifa rankings right now.. and tell me how many wc trophies they have.. oga if you have nothing to say, take a chill pill and rest.. goodnight
Abeg baba forget that level I can bet my balls on it Portugal can't beat Mexico or Paraguay.. To hell with FIFA ranking jare.. Because you're in number 1 in FIFA ranking I'm number 25 does that make my country an easy prey for your team.. How do you think football like this? U just started watching ball.. Which flop are you saying jare just because of a trophy... So because of ucl Buffon can't be listed among Juve legends or what are you saying yi
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 8:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Modric is a midfielder, and you dont judge players like them based on goals, unlike messi who is a forward and should be judged based on his goals and assists..

unlike messi,,, zidane, de lima, pele n maradona all won the wc when they won the best player of the tournament and they performed consistently throughout the tournament.. you dont give consolation prizes to winners na..

but wait oo, are you seriously comparing messi to those guys in terms of international football??
Lol, dis guy u no wan gree... I'll keep giving u stats till u calm down..

Zidane, how come he won world cup golden ball in 2005 even afta losing d final??...tell me o...was it also a consolation prize for zidane??...

And pls explain to me, wat are midfielders judged by wen they give them the awards??...since forwards are judged by goals and assists

Ok, u said Messi is a forward and shud be judged based on his goals and assists.... it's obvious u didn't watch the world cup...

Semi finals, Messi setup di maria for the goal..
Quarter final, Messi orchestrated the early goal...

I know u'l doubt...the pictures below wil help u clear ur doubts..

"wait oo, are you seriously comparing messi to those guys in terms of international football??"

Yes I am...Messi's record for Argentina will take years before it's broken...

Just accept, y'all Ronaldo fans are pained that he has never won an international competition award and keep gving silly excuses for his misfortune...

How can u say that competition awards are consolation prizes...guy, don't say it outside o...

Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Oga listen, Messi said he'd trade his balon d'Ors for a world cup trophy....not just any international trophy ..
And last i checked, Ronaldo has never seen a world cup final.

"I said copa america is less difficult to win than euros, you disagreed, so I asked you to pick ten good teams in copa america"

First offs, how many teams are in Conmebol?.... 12 teams only unless outsiders are invited...still, there are never more than 16 teams..out of those 16, ders Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia, Mexico, chile, peru, Ecuador, Paraguay, Venezuela, Ecuador....how easy is it to score against these teams??

Now, lets look at euro
55 teams play a qualifier, and 24 teams qualify ..
Out of those 55 are Faroe Islands, san marino, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Czechia, Bosnia, Malta, Montenegro, Albania, latvia. Check FIFA Rankings for the position of these teams

Common sense shud tell us dat the more the teams, the more the goals

Do I also need to remind u dat the above teams are Ronaldo's favourites for scoring hattricks....
So, wen I tell u scoring in euro is easier than Conmebol, don't argue with me.
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
Techiekingee:

Oga listen, Messi said he'd trade his balon d'Ors for a world cup trophy....not just any international trophy ..
And last i checked, Ronaldo has never seen a world cup final.

"I said copa america is less difficult to win than euros, you disagreed, so I asked you to pick ten good teams in copa america"

First offs, how many teams are in Conmebol?.... 12 teams only unless outsiders are invited...still, there are never more than 16 teams..out of those 16, ders Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia, Mexico, chile, peru, Ecuador, Paraguay, Venezuela, Ecuador....how easy is it to score against these teams??

Now, lets look at euro
55 teams play a qualifier, and 24 teams qualify ..
Out of those 55 are Faroe Islands, san marino, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Czechia, Bosnia, Malta, Montenegro, Albania, latvia. Check FIFA Rankings for the position of these teams

Common sense shud tell us dat the more the teams, the more the goals

Do I also need to remind u dat the above teams are Ronaldo's favourites for scoring hattricks....
So, wen I tell u scoring in euro is easier than Conmebol, don't argue with me.

I shouldn't really be responding to this post, I swear

All those european teams you mentioned, tell me which one of them that played in the last euros.. you only see those teams during qualifiers and not euros itself..

How can you really compare copa to euros sef in terms of difficulty.. first, you play lesser matches to win copa america compared to euros... and secondly the top teams in copa are brazil, chile, uruguay and argentina.. since you started watching football, tell me how many teams outside these four to have won copa america

Infact, check fifa rankings and tell me how many american teams you would see in the top 30..

When it comes to euros, I can list like 15 different teams that are favourites to win the competition and portugal would not be among them...
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 9:06pm On Jul 16, 2020
Techiekingee:

Lol, dis guy u no wan gree... I'll keep giving u stats till u calm down..

Zidane, how come he won world cup golden ball in 2005 even afta losing d final??...tell me o...was it also a consolation prize for zidane??...

And pls explain to me, wat are midfielders judged by wen they give them the awards??...since forwards are judged by goals and assists

Ok, u said Messi is a forward and shud be judged based on his goals and assists.... it's obvious u didn't watch the world cup...

Semi finals, Messi setup di maria for the goal..
Quarter final, Messi orchestrated the early goal...

I know u'l doubt...the pictures below wil help u clear ur doubts..

"wait oo, are you seriously comparing messi to those guys in terms of international football??"

Yes I am...Messi's record for Argentina will take years before it's broken...

Just accept, y'all Ronaldo fans are pained that he has never won an international competition award and keep gving silly excuses for his misfortune...

How can u say that competition awards are consolation prizes...guy, don't say it outside o...

Pls, I'm tired of arguing with you, stay off my mention till messi wins an international trophy for Argentina
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 9:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
tfash96:
Abeg baba forget that level I can bet my balls on it Portugal can't beat Mexico or Paraguay.. To hell with FIFA ranking jare.. Because you're in number 1 in FIFA ranking I'm number 25 does that make my country an easy prey for your team.. How do you think football like this? U just started watching ball.. Which flop are you saying jare just because of a trophy... So because of ucl Buffon can't be listed among Juve legends or what are you saying yi

I can also bet my balls on it that argentina cant beat switzerland, netherlands, Croatia and the likes

I never said messi is a flop but rather I said he's an INTERNATIONAL FLOP because he doesn't have a single trophy for his country... buffon is a club legend, no doubt, but when they are talking about legends in UCL, you wont hear buffon's name unless you're talking about number of appearance.. infact you wont hear names like de lima nor ibra because they never won the trophy... same way you will never hear anyone mention cr7 and messi as legends in the fifa world cup despite being among the best ever
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

I shouldn't really be responding to this post, I swear

All those european teams you mentioned, tell me which one of them that played in the last euros.. you only see those teams during qualifiers and not euros itself..

How can you really compare copa to euros sef in terms of difficulty.. first, you play lesser matches to win copa america compared to euros... and secondly the top teams in copa are brazil, chile, uruguay and argentina.. since you started watching football, tell me how many teams outside these four to have won copa america

Infact, check fifa rankings and tell me how many american teams you would see in the top 30..

When it comes to euros, I can list like 15 different teams that are favourites to win the competition and portugal would not be among them...
Lol, u were d person who brought up Ronaldo's international goal scoring ratio...av u forgotten so soon?...
Now I'm explaining to u y he has those goals and u are vexing..
Below is the FIFA Rankin as of june dis year...and six out of the 10 conmebol countries are in top 20...lol...u see urself now?

Imagine 10 strong teams are fighting for a trophy and 55 teams comprising strong and weak also fighting for a trophy....reason am na...

"since you started watching football, tell me how many teams outside these four to have won copa america"
Simply because it's very difficult

Don't all euro countries play qualifiers before advancing to d main competition??...or do they exclude Portugal from qualifiers??

My point still remains, it's easier to score in euro than in conmebol

Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 9:31pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Pls, I'm tired of arguing with you, stay off my mention till messi wins an international trophy for Argentina
Typical Nigerian, are u vexing already....u are now clueless abi??....

Day's wat happens when u don't av facts to back up ur argument
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 10:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
I feel bad for all these Messi fanboys right now.. you guys must be in severe pain right now knowing that there is a huge possibility thar your GOAT might finish the season without a single trophy....
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by maisauki: 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2020
Madrid won league, juve will follow, Messi will watch them receive medals
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Moura7(m): 10:33pm On Jul 16, 2020
Fastestmanalive:

Exactly

This post is right smiley, finally someone who sees that Ronaldo is better than Messi.

It's just the facts.

Messi has always been a phenomenal player I'll admit, but he will never be as good as Ronaldo.

The reason being that Ronaldo is taller and more physical, a luxury that Messi will never be able to afford, no matter how much he trains (Ronaldo trains longer than him btw).

That is why I think that Ronaldo is the best player of all time. After all, 450 goals in 438 matches is no easy feat.

And @OP if Ronaldo isn't a good creator, explain why he has the second most assists of all time (you can Google it if you don't believe me).

Seun

Lalasticlala

Abeg let this thread reach FP

Pls cry

haha haha....joke. So Ronaldo is a better player because he's taller and more physical? lol.
And pls 450 goals in 438 games?...pls which stat is that?
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 16, 2020
Moura7:

haha haha....joke. So Ronaldo is a better player because he's taller and more physical? lol.
And pls 450 goals in 438 games?...pls which stat is that?

Those are for all his games under Zidane

And yes he is the best player in the world
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 11:03pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:
I feel bad for all these Messi fanboys right now.. you guys must be in severe pain right now knowing that there is a huge possibility thar your GOAT might finish the season without a single trophy....
Lol, it's not a new thing.....even if Messi goes trophyless for 3 more seasons, Ur goat wud still not av as much trophy as he has
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Moura7(m): 11:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Tell him to win a trophy with argentina first, then I will be willing to listen to you

Tell him, tell him....I hope you know that national trophies are won by a team and not an individual.
It's an award given to a team and not a single player. Now these tournaments also have awards for individuals that were really outstanding in that tournament of which the golden ball is the highest of these individual honours. Now Messi has four due to the recognition of his individual brilliance in these tournaments despite his team not winning any of the team trophies. Ronaldo and Portugal have won some of these trophies but he hasn't won any golden ball even in the tournaments his team won..and in one case sef his teammate was picked over him. Messi might not have been that effective in the knockout stages of the 2014 WC but we all know that that Argentine team wouldn't have been there without Messi. Also before you advance to the KO you have to pass the groupstages which Messi dragged his team through, the same groupstages I'm not sure Portugal qualified from....You said he was compensated with a golden ball in the Copa 2015 which I'm very sure you didn't watch at all because if you did then you'd have seen Messi's brilliance in that tournament, even in the final, dude was the only Argentine that scored his PK in the shootout, the rest missed all....now even in the Copa 2016 there was no other outstanding player there than Messi, he was given the golden ball again because he snubbed the one he was given in 2015
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 6:15am On Jul 17, 2020
Moura7:

Tell him, tell him....I hope you know that national trophies are won by a team and not an individual.
It's an award given to a team and not a single player. Now these tournaments also have awards for individuals that were really outstanding in that tournament of which the golden ball is the highest of these individual honours. Now Messi has four due to the recognition of his individual brilliance in these tournaments despite his team not winning any of the team trophies. Ronaldo and Portugal have won some of these trophies but he hasn't won any golden ball even in the tournaments his team won..and in one case sef his teammate was picked over him. Messi might not have been that effective in the knockout stages of the 2014 WC but we all know that that Argentine team wouldn't have been there without Messi. Also before you advance to the KO you have to pass the groupstages which Messi dragged his team through, the same groupstages I'm not sure Portugal qualified from....You said he was compensated with a golden ball in the Copa 2015 which I'm very sure you didn't watch at all because if you did then you'd have seen Messi's brilliance in that tournament, even in the final, dude was the only Argentine that scored his PK in the shootout, the rest missed all....now even in the Copa 2016 there was no other outstanding player there than Messi, he was given the golden ball again because he snubbed the one he was given in 2015

Alexis sanchez won the best player award in 2016, not messi... no outstanding player?? eduardo vargas was the highest goal scorer with 6 goals and he also won the trophy, plus those chile guys were really good... your dear old messi even missed a penalty in the shootout, the first penalty sef, baba was leading by example...

Infact the only senior individual international award messi has with argentina is the controversial 'consolation prize' 2014 WC golden ball
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 6:24am On Jul 17, 2020
Techiekingee:

Lol, it's not a new thing.....even if Messi goes trophyless for 3 more seasons, Ur goat wud still not av as much trophy as he has

Oya clap for yourself, you have said something very funny...

Messi has won 34 trophies compared to cr7 31.. 4 serie A trophies this season and 3 more seasons is enough to surpass messi...
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 8:25am On Jul 17, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Oya clap for yourself, you have said something very funny...

Messi has won 34 trophies compared to cr7 31.. 4 serie A trophies this season and 3 more seasons is enough to surpass messi...
Lol, i thought u wer clueless and ran away...

And wer did u see that Ronaldo has 31 trophies... Who dash am....av always told u to make the right findings...or are u also counting friendly cups??

I advise u, always use Wikipedia or whoscore.... those guys are reputable or better still watch football as a fan, not as a Ronaldo asslicker..

Ronaldo has 29 trophies....and please name the four serie A trophies that he has won this season??...are u sure u watch football

He has lost one trophy already...his only certain trophy for now is the serie A trophy..... it's obvious u are already counting his chickens before they hatch....
This shows aw weak serie A is....if their fans can count trophies before winning them.....

This is the same serie A Ronaldo fans claim he went to for a new challenge...

Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Moura7(m): 8:42am On Jul 17, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Alexis sanchez won the best player award in 2016, not messi... no outstanding player?? eduardo vargas was the highest goal scorer with 6 goals and he also won the trophy, plus those chile guys were really good... your dear old messi even missed a penalty in the shootout, the first penalty sef, baba was leading by example...

Infact the only senior individual international award messi has with argentina is the controversial 'consolation prize' 2014 WC golden ball

Would you give someone something again after he snubbed the first one you gave him before?......pls be truthful. And pls I'll like to know how Messi didn't deserve the 2014 golden ball and tell how it's different from Ronaldo's ballondor in 2013
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 9:39am On Jul 17, 2020
Moura7:

Would you give someone something again after he snubbed the first one you gave him before?......pls be truthful. And pls I'll like to know how Messi didn't deserve the 2014 golden ball and tell how it's different from Ronaldo's ballondor in 2013

Oga, stop sugarcoating anything, messi did not deserve the award that was given to sanchez

ronaldo won the 2013 ballon d'or because of his 'individual performance'( he scored 60+ goals that year), same way messi won the ballon dor last year because of his individual performance....

If there's any thing that needs explaining... I think its the reason why cr7 lost the ballon dor to modric while messi won the same ballon dor over sneijder despite being under similar circumstances
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 9:52am On Jul 17, 2020
Techiekingee:

Lol, i thought u wer clueless and ran away...

And wer did u see that Ronaldo has 31 trophies... Who dash am....av always told u to make the right findings...or are u also counting friendly cups??

I advise u, always use Wikipedia or whoscore.... those guys are reputable or better still watch football as a fan, not as a Ronaldo asslicker..

Ronaldo has 29 trophies....and please name the four serie A trophies that he has won this season??...are u sure u watch football

He has lost one trophy already...his only certain trophy for now is the serie A trophy..... it's obvious u are already counting his chickens before they hatch....
This shows aw weak serie A is....if their fans can count trophies before winning them.....

This is the same serie A Ronaldo fans claim he went to for a new challenge...

The pic attached to this post is from Wikipedia, read carefully and you will see how many trophies cr7 and messi have..

About the four serie a, I was just replying to your statement where you said 'even if messi does not win any trophy for three years, he would still have more trophies than cr7'... so if that was the case, and cr7 won the serie a this season and three more in each of those seasons that you mentioned, who would have more trophies??

Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Moura7(m): 10:03am On Jul 17, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Oga, stop sugarcoating anything, messi did not deserve the award that was given to sanchez

ronaldo won the 2013 ballon d'or because of his 'individual performance'( he scored 60+ goals that year), same way messi won the ballon dor last year because of his individual performance....

If there's any thing that needs explaining... I think its the reason why cr7 lost the ballon dor to modric while messi won the same ballon dor over sneijder despite being under similar circumstances

I'm not sugarcoating anything, ok pls tell me how Messi didn't deserve that award. Pull up the stats of that competition and show. Also tell me how Modric didn't deserve the 2018 ballond'or too
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 10:07am On Jul 17, 2020
OfficialJayy:

I knew u wud later fall ur own hand by saying that Ronaldo deserved the balon d'Or over Modric...
Oya let me explain to u

Individual performance wise, Ronaldo wasn't the best....was he the top scorer in europe??....No
............was he the top scorer in laliga??......No
...........he was the top scorer only in UCL in which both he and Modric contributed and both lifted the trophy....

Was he the best player in the world cup......No....Modric was

Yet u want him to reap wer he didn't sow...lol

U said it urself, he won 2013 balon d'Or by being the best individually....2018, was he the best individually??

And u also claim Messi won the balon d'Or 2010 under similar circumstances...ok listen
2010, Messi was Europe top scorer, La liga top scorer, champions League top scorer....

Yes Sneidjer won the UCL, but messi also got to the semis and was also top scorer...

The only chance for sneidjer to win the balon d'Or over messi was to either win the world cup or world cup best player.....but did he win either of them??
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 10:13am On Jul 17, 2020
OfficialJayy:

The pic attached to this post is from Wikipedia, read carefully and you will see how many trophies cr7 and messi have..

About the four serie a, I was just replying to your statement where you said 'even if messi does not win any trophy for three years, he would still have more trophies than cr7'... so if that was the case, and cr7 won the serie a this season and three more in each of those seasons that you mentioned, who would have more trophies??
So, it's true.... You've already counted the next 3 serie A trophies as juventus'.....wat a joke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Week 25 Pool Result For Sat 24 Dec 2022 – UK 2022/2023 / Guinnessvip Premier League Fantasy Game / 100% Sure Football Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.