Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? (2770 Views)

Ballon d’Or: Evra Congratulates Messi Ahead Of 2021 Award Ceremony / Italian TV Station Bans Pundit For Racist Comment On Lukaku / Caption This Photo Of Ronaldo And Neymar At The Best FIFA Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 10:27am On Jul 17, 2020
Moura7:

I'm not sugarcoating anything, ok pls tell me how Messi didn't deserve that award. Pull up the stats of that competition and show. Also tell me how Modric didn't deserve the 2018 ballond'or too

Messi was not the highest goal scorer in that competition... messi missed a penalty and did not win the trophy.. yet you think he deserved the award... messi played well in that tournament, no doubt, but so did sanchez and his chile team mate...

I laughed really hard when you suggested that messi was not given the award because he 'reportedly' turned down the previous one, but yet it was okay to give him the fair play award

Tell me what modric did in 2018 that sneijder did not do and exceed in 2010
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Messi was not the highest goal scorer in that competition... messi missed a penalty and did not win the trophy.. yet you think he deserved the award... messi played well in that tournament, no doubt, but so did sanchez and his chile team mate...

I laughed really hard when you suggested that messi was not given the award because he 'reportedly' turned down the previous one, but yet it was okay to give him the fair play award

Sneidjer wasn't the player of the tournament....

U think it's an easy feat to be the best player of a world cup tournament
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 10:40am On Jul 17, 2020
Techiekingee:

So, it's true.... You've already counted the next 3 serie A trophies as juventus'.....wat a joke

boss, na wa for you oo..
you said if messi does not win anything for the next three seasons, he would still have more trophies than cr7.. so I simply asked a question, that what would happen if what you said came to pass and ronaldo won the serie a throughout those seasons?? And bro, unlike you, I have full belief in cr7 to win any competition he participates in.. barca is still in the ucl and yet you assumed that messi would end the season without a trophy.. have a little faith bro
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 10:51am On Jul 17, 2020
OfficialJayy:

boss, na wa for you oo..
you said if messi does not win anything for the next three seasons, he would still have more trophies than cr7.. so I simply asked a question, that what would happen if what you said came to pass and ronaldo won the serie a throughout those seasons?? And bro, unlike you, I have full belief in cr7 to win any competition he participates in.. barca is still in the ucl and yet you assumed that messi would end the season without a trophy.. have a little faith bro
Faith doesn't win trophies oga....hard work does...it doesn't matter if u believe in cr7 or not...pesin wey go go trophyless go still go am....cr7 in Madrid, there wer years Real Madrid went trophyless....So, it's not faith that will win juve trophies till 2023 neither is it cr7..
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 11:05am On Jul 17, 2020
Techiekingee:

I knew u wud later fall ur own hand by saying that Ronaldo deserved the balon d'Or over Modric...
Oya let me explain to u

Individual performance wise, Ronaldo wasn't the best....was he the top scorer in europe??....No
............was he the top scorer in laliga??......No
...........he was the top scorer only in UCL in which both he and Modric contributed and both lifted the trophy....

Was he the best player in the world cup......No....Modric was

Yet u want him to reap wer he didn't sow...lol

U said it urself, he won 2013 balon d'Or by being the best individually....2018, was he the best individually??

And u also claim Messi won the balon d'Or 2010 under similar circumstances...ok listen
2010, Messi was Europe top scorer, La liga top scorer, champions League top scorer....

Yes Sneidjer won the UCL, but messi also got to the semis and was also top scorer...

The only chance for sneidjer to win the balon d'Or over messi was to either win the world cup or world cup best player.....but did he win either of them??

ronaldo in 2018.. won the ucl, scored 44 goals in 43 club matches and 4 goals in the world cup

messi in 2010.. won la liga, scored 47 goals in 53 club matches and 0 goals in the world cup

sneijder in 2010.. won all 4 club trophies(serie a , ucl, coppa italia, supercopa italia), got to the final of the wc, scored more goals and had more assists than modric

modric in 2018.. won the ucl and got to the final of the world

I'm not saying modric did not deserve the ballon dor but rather I hate double standards, for messi to have won the ballon dor with those stats, then cr7 should also have won.. and for modric to win the award with those stats, then sneijder should also have won.. simple
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 11:54am On Jul 17, 2020
OfficialJayy:

ronaldo in 2018.. won the ucl, scored 44 goals in 43 club matches and 4 goals in the world cup

messi in 2010.. won la liga, scored 47 goals in 53 club matches and 0 goals in the world cup

sneijder in 2010.. won all 4 club trophies(serie a , ucl, coppa italia, supercopa italia), got to the final of the wc, scored more goals and had more assists than modric

modric in 2018.. won the ucl and got to the final of the world

I'm not saying modric did not deserve the ballon dor but rather I hate double standards, for messi to have won the ballon dor with those stats, then cr7 should also have won.. and for modric to win the award with those stats, then sneijder should also have won.. simple
"in 2018.. won the ucl, scored 44 goals in 43 club matches and 4 goals in the world cup"

U're still not getting it.....
In this life, nobody recognizes u if u re second or third....likewise football....

As long as Ronaldo wasn't the best scorer, best player or best assister, he can't be recognised....The four goals he scored in the world cup, wat did he use it to achieve??.....he had only one good match in the world cup... it's just like saying Harry kane should av been a top 5 contender for the balon d'Or because he was world cup top scorer and scored 41 goals in 48 apps.... I keep telling u, It's not always about the goals

Messi with his goals was Laliga top scorer, ucl top scorer and Europe top scorer....wat did Ronaldo achieve with his goals apart from UCL to make it the same scenario as 2010?

Simple,
Messi's stats was the best in 2010... unarguably

Was Ronaldo's the best in 2018??....

Please, Sneidjer didn't win the supercoppa Italia..
........... Sneidjer won 3 trophies in club level...UCL, serie A and copa copa Italia...

And U think Modric won just the UCL in 2018??...Modric won the UEFA super cup, club world cup, UCL, supercopa de España.

And u are the same person who said forwards are judged by goals and assists, not midfielders.....why then are u judging Modric and Sneidjer by goals and assists...
Sneidjer had more goals and assists than Modric... yet, he cudn't win d world cup golden ball.....

I'm still telling u, It's not abt goals and assists...being impactful in a team goes beyond goals and assists....

There are alot of times when Messi doesn't score or assist in a match but still comes out as man of the match....can u say thesame of Ronaldo??

Any match Ronaldo doesnt score, he is always seen as the flop of the match by his rating.
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 11:58am On Jul 17, 2020
Techiekingee:

"in 2018.. won the ucl, scored 44 goals in 43 club matches and 4 goals in the world cup"

U're still not getting it.....
In this life, nobody recognizes u if u re second or third....likewise football....

As long as Ronaldo wasn't the best scorer, best player or best assister, he can't be recognised....The four goals he scored in the world cup, wat did he use it to achieve??.....he had only one good match in the world cup... it's just like saying Harry kane should av been a top 5 contender for the balon d'Or because he was world cup top scorer and scored 41 goals in 48 apps.... I keep telling u, It's not always about the goals

Simple,
Messi's stats was the best in 2010... unarguably

Was Ronaldo's the best in 2018??....

Please, Sneidjer didn't win the supercoppa Italia..
........... Sneidjer won 3 trophies in club level...UCL, serie A and copa copa Italia...

And U think Modric won just the UCL in 2018??...Modric won the UEFA super cup, club world cup, UCL, supercopa de España.

And u are the same person who said forwards are judged by goals and assists, not midfielders.....why then are u judging Modric and Sneidjer by goals and assists...
Sneidjer had more goals and assists than Modric... yet, he cudn't win d world cup golden ball.....

I'm still telling u, It's not abt goals and assists...being impactful in a team goes beyond goals and assists....

There are alot of times where Messi doesn't score or assist in a match but still comes out as man of the match....can u say thesame of Ronaldo??

Any match Ronaldo doesnt score, he is always seen as the flop of the match by his rating.

Oga, go and sleep abeg... carry your arguments and go
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 12:02pm On Jul 17, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Oga, go and sleep abeg... carry your arguments and go
I will go o....But I will keep coming back if u keep dropping wrong stats and infos just to favour ur goat
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2020
Techiekingee:

I will go o....But I will keep coming back if u keep dropping wrong stats and infos just to favour ur goat

Wrong stats?? funny you mentioned that bro

anyways, sneijder won all the club competition he participated in that year, I dont know where you got your info from... and also, modric did not win uefa super cup nor supercopa de espana like you are claiming..

Have a nice day bro, one love
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Wrong stats?? funny you mentioned that bro

anyways, sneijder won all the club competition he participated in that year, I dont know where you got your info from... and also, modric did not win uefa super cup nor supercopa de espana like you are claiming..

Have a nice day bro, one love
Lol, see this man o.....av u forgotten that it was ur false stats that brought me here?

Don't argue with me......
First off, Balon d'Or 2018 was for players performances of 2017-2018 season likewise ballon d'Or 2010 was for performances of 2009-2010 season... everyone knows this.....unless you don't know.

In August 2017, real Madrid beat man Utd 2-1 to win the UEFA super cup...

And also, that same August 2017, Real Madrid beat Barcelona 5-1 on aggregate to win the supercopa de españa....Now u know..

Now, over to Inter Milan, August 2009, inter milan lost the supercopa italiana to lazio 2-1...season 2009-2010

But won the 2010 supercoppa italiana in august 2010 after defeating Roma 3-1....
But that was for another season entirely....it was for the 2010-2011 season and didn't count as a point for sneidjer.....I guess u never knew,.....now u know.....

Do you need picture evidence too??...
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
Techiekingee:

Lol, see this man o.....av u forgotten that it was ur false stats that brought me here?

Don't argue with me......
First off, Balon d'Or 2018 was for players performances of 2017-2018 seasons likewise ballon d'Or 2010 was for performances of 2009-2010 seasons... everyone knows this.....unless you don't know.

In August 2017, real Madrid beat man Utd 2-1 to win the UEFA super cup...

And also, that same August 2017, Real Madrid beat Barcelona 5-1 on aggregate to win the supercopa de españa....Now u know..

Now, over to Inter Milan, August 2009, inter milan lost the supercopa italiana to lazio 2-1...season 2009-2010

But won the 2010 supercoppa italiana in august 2010 after defeating Roma 3-1....
But that was for another season entirely....it was for the 2010-2011 season and didn't count as a point for sneidjer.....I guess u never knew,.....now u know.....

Do you need picture evidence too??...

Hahahahahaha... Ballon d'or are awarded to players based on their performance in the 'previous calender year' not the previous season.....

Always get your facts right next time before jumping into an argument
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Hahahahahaha... Ballon d'or are awarded to players based on their performance in the 'previous calender year' not the previous season.....

Always get your facts right next time before jumping into an argument
Lol, ok I'm wrong and u're right.....
Still,

Who was the best player of year 2010?
Who was the best player of year 2018?

I await ur answer before I proceed
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by OfficialJayy: 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
Techiekingee:
Lol, ok I'm wrong and u're right..... Still,
Who was the best player of year 2010? Who was the best player of year 2018?
I await ur answer before I proceed

Oga, bye bye... I'm tired
See you on the next messi/ronaldo thread
#respect
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Moura7(m): 6:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Now lemme ask you and please I want you to answer me honestly please.

You organized a tournament and two players stood out really well.

One played six games and had 3 goals and two assists and was really instrumental too to his team winning the cup. The other played five games and in those games he scored five goals and had 4 assists and he was also really instrumental to his team reaching the finals.
Now this guy missed a penalty in the shootout while the other was subbed during the game. Who would you pick as the best player of that tournament, pls and pls be sincere without sentiments to yourself....This is also open to other spectators on this thread. Answer me then I'd get back to you on the whole Modric issue... Thanks
Re: Why Does Almost Every Football Pundit Pick Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo? by Techiekingee(m): 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Oga, bye bye... I'm tired

See you on the next messi/ronaldo thread

#respect
No Wahala bro

#respect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ronaldinho Under Goes Surgery To Fix Protruding Teeth, Before & After PHOTOS / 10 Expensive Cars Owned By Footballers (photos) / Henrique Raposo The Striker Who Scored Just 1 Goal In His 24 Years Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.