Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary (18175 Views)

Governor Umahi May Just Be The Favoured Candidate / Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by bolaayenimo: 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2020
*Says He Is Not Opposed To Akeredolu’s Re-Election

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Wednesday said he has no anointed candidate in the Ondo governorship election and he is not seeking to influence the outcome of the primary scheduled to hold on July 20.

In a statement made available to Daily Independent titled Re: Ondo Guber Poll May Lead to Crisis in South-West APC, Tinubu also said contrary to reports, he is not opposed to the re-election bid of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state but wishes him well in his aspiration.

According to the former Lagos state governor, all he desires is a free, fair and credible primary that is “is run according to the dictates of internal democracy and are devoid of bias for or against any candidate”.

“In the matter of Ondo governorship race, Asiwaju Tinubu has stated his impartiality. As a leader of the party, he has no favoured or disfavoured candidate in the race. Neither is he trying to influence matters behind the scene in any regard”.

“His hope is that all credible and strong party members who seek the nomination will be able to face each other in a fair contest. Let them compete for the party’s banner openly and without imbalance or slant in the contest”.

“Whoever reaches the finish line before the others, shall be the nominee of the party for the elections later this year. Asiwaju will gladly and actively stand by the party’s candidate to win the general election”.

“It is at that point that you will see Asiwaju in strong action in support of a candidate. When you see him in action there shall be no mistake as to what his objectives are. The APC candidate will have a formidable ally at his side”.

“Thus, the suggestion given by the report that Asiwaju has a favourite candidate is a fabrication of great falsity. Thus, he will not roil if a candidate is disqualified provided that the disqualification is based on a non-biased examination of the factual record”.

“Interestingly, the party’s Screening Committee led by Alhaji Tumsa has not officially stated that it has disqualified any aspirant. If any aspirant is disqualified, however, such an aspirant has the right of appeal”.
Speaking further, Tinubu said he wishes Governor Akeredolu well and he believes the governor should be given the opportunity to present his scorecard to party members who will then determine if they want him to continue in office or not.
“Those who try to pit Asiwaju Tinubu against Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu should also cease their fable rousing. Asiwaju holds good will toward Governor Akeredolu.
He believes the governor should have the opportunity to set out his record and resume before party members and let them determine if the governor or another one of our able candidates is the person they prefer to lead the state”.
“One would expect the governor to have a solid chance in the primaries. Yet, along with the governor, the party has the benefit of numerous capable candidates seeking the nomination”.
“Too many people incorrectly see a strong field of candidates as something wrong. They do not understand democracy and are thus behind the times. Allowing those who feel the civic duty free space to run for office strengthens the party and our overall democracy”.
“There should be a competition of ideas and programs. Such competition brings vitality. This does not connote disrespect to the incumbent. It merely exalts the democratic ideal”.
“In the end, Asiwaju is for the party and the candidate chosen by the party, who that will be, the primary will tell us” the statement reads.
https://www.independent.ng/i-have-no-favoured-candidate-in-ondo-apc-primary-tinubu/

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by chatinent: 4:43pm On Jul 15, 2020
NP: Khalid - Old, dumb and nasty

19 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by Sammy07: 4:51pm On Jul 15, 2020
Asiwaju, I know you guys will want to retain Ondo as apc, you wouldn't wanna loose it as Oyo.

Well, Akeredolu should not be the one to represent the party.
He shouldn't win the primary election, if another candidate wins it, Ondo MIGHT retain APC.

cos, we will send him back to ibadan, he should go and help Seyi Makinde with his audio governance.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by Charmingrascal(m): 4:55pm On Jul 15, 2020
bolaayenimo:
*Says He Is Not Opposed To Akeredolu’s Re-Election

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on Wednesday said he has no anointed candidate in the Ondo governorship election and he is not seeking to influence the outcome of the primary scheduled to hold on July 20.

In a statement made available to Daily Independent titled Re: Ondo Guber Poll May Lead to Crisis in South-West APC, Tinubu also said contrary to reports, he is not opposed to the re-election bid of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state but wishes him well in his aspiration.

According to the former Lagos state governor, all he desires is a free, fair and credible primary that is “is run according to the dictates of internal democracy and are devoid of bias for or against any candidate”.

“In the matter of Ondo governorship race, Asiwaju Tinubu has stated his impartiality. As a leader of the party, he has no favoured or disfavoured candidate in the race. Neither is he trying to influence matters behind the scene in any regard”.

“His hope is that all credible and strong party members who seek the nomination will be able to face each other in a fair contest. Let them compete for the party’s banner openly and without imbalance or slant in the contest”.

“Whoever reaches the finish line before the others, shall be the nominee of the party for the elections later this year. Asiwaju will gladly and actively stand by the party’s candidate to win the general election”.

“It is at that point that you will see Asiwaju in strong action in support of a candidate. When you see him in action there shall be no mistake as to what his objectives are. The APC candidate will have a formidable ally at his side”.

“Thus, the suggestion given by the report that Asiwaju has a favourite candidate is a fabrication of great falsity. Thus, he will not roil if a candidate is disqualified provided that the disqualification is based on a non-biased examination of the factual record”.

“Interestingly, the party’s Screening Committee led by Alhaji Tumsa has not officially stated that it has disqualified any aspirant. If any aspirant is disqualified, however, such an aspirant has the right of appeal”.
Speaking further, Tinubu said he wishes Governor Akeredolu well and he believes the governor should be given the opportunity to present his scorecard to party members who will then determine if they want him to continue in office or not.
“Those who try to pit Asiwaju Tinubu against Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu should also cease their fable rousing. Asiwaju holds good will toward Governor Akeredolu.
He believes the governor should have the opportunity to set out his record and resume before party members and let them determine if the governor or another one of our able candidates is the person they prefer to lead the state”.
“One would expect the governor to have a solid chance in the primaries. Yet, along with the governor, the party has the benefit of numerous capable candidates seeking the nomination”.
“Too many people incorrectly see a strong field of candidates as something wrong. They do not understand democracy and are thus behind the times. Allowing those who feel the civic duty free space to run for office strengthens the party and our overall democracy”.
“There should be a competition of ideas and programs. Such competition brings vitality. This does not connote disrespect to the incumbent. It merely exalts the democratic ideal”.
“In the end, Asiwaju is for the party and the candidate chosen by the party, who that will be, the primary will tell us” the statement reads.

https://www.independent.ng/i-have-no-favoured-candidate-in-ondo-apc-primary-tinubu/

The only Jagaban of Africa
They will soon come and cry

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by madetej: 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2020
I don dey expect make u talk...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by WandaNara: 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2020
Jagaban

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by Jaxxbenn1(m): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2020
As if you still have much authority

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2020
You for anoint candidate now, make you see Akeredolu further relegate you to the IDP ( Internal Displaced Politicians) camp

Akeredolu wey no send you before grin grin grin cheesy

No more gra gra for Tinubu, he's mellowing gradually now that his power has been wittled grin grin grin

He's finally grabbing some lessons of life grin grin grin

Modified:
GBOKASINCHA:
baba no won disgrace himself... the idiot hate Aketi him just Dey pretend
No mind am, na now him dey play maturity

Where was this his maturity when he solely anointed Sanwo Olu as the governor of Lagos State

Did he allow the people to make their choice

Make him try am, na him radio station that one go first block!

When it comes to power, politicians dey pity one another

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by youngsahito(m): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2020
Pls who remember the date buhari announce the first lockdown? I want to calculate something, one girl won put lie for my HEAD OO...

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by Ruggedniggaone: 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2020
Na lie we know that segun Abraham is your candidate

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by Openbusiness3: 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2020
Ok. Check my signature to buy intelligent dispenser. Best quality North America product with warranty

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by Ipromote: 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2020
Ehya Jagaban, please restore your relevance

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by masterflowx(m): 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2020
R

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by Yeeyo: 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2020
Time will reveal what is in the darkness.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by kenzysmith: 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2020
Tinubu is right he did not ve any candidate at apc. His favour candidate is at pdp the deputy governor agboola. Politics u see is the more u look the less u see. If u kw u kw

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by mayklef(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
who cares we sha know u're going down with this monster of a party u created

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by obataokenwa(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
Seeking relevance. Such power is not with you anymore.

See the lazy man u put in Lagos without focus and direction.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by madamori9: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
Everyone is looking forward to 2023 already. Bullion vans are coming, no need for the talking. Just so you know Ondo is classified as a poor state in the southwest region. Yet, we would be seeing the money moves.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by Asgard13: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
This man and lies....

Wonder how gods lie.... typical Yoruba god..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by One0Random0Girl(f): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
Good. Though, I doubt any election in Nigeria can be free, fair and credible with our current electoral rules.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by murphyibiam15(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
Tinubu is learning in the hard way grin cheesy grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by kenzysmith: 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
WandaNara:
Jagaban
u mean jagajaga ?

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by biGwal(m): 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
The jagaban of bullion fan

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by sonnie10: 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
This is unlike him. He always does.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
Dirty man. See some people's hero. Drug baron.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by Iceberg3: 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
Charmingrascal:

The only Jagaban of Africa
They will soon come and cry

Local champion jagbajantis. grin grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
Baba keeping his cardz closer to his chest ni...

ee nor wan hear say him game do leg over!

grin
Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by GboyegaD(m): 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
At this point, it is better he allows the people to pick the candidate of their choice.
Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by nkwuocha1: 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
K

Okpolo eyes e no be open eyes grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary by DModeCntStopMe: 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
shocked

Shut up thief, like say you get choice.

When the cabals have handicapped you. After Magu, you are next in line, be prepared the movie is about to get horror.

World's best IDP

12 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Did Not Apply To Join BRICS, Says Shettima / ‘I Wrote It For History’— Soludo Defends Article Forecasting Obi’s Defeat / FG May Further Cut Petrol Price – PPPRA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.