Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? (2048 Views)

15 Items That Can Save Your Family’s Life / Family Networking: How To Determine How Much Time You Spend With Someone / How Much Time Do Nigerian Fathers Spend With Their Kids/ Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by ofala(m): 7:15am On Feb 05, 2011
There is a trend these days especially for us the youthful ones. Many of us forget that when one is married, he should be able to re-align his movements to accommodate his wife/kids at home. It doesn't matter the kind of job you do or your business schedule. How long do you stay and chat with them in any given day or a week. Do you get home late and still logon to your laptop while your helpless wifey looks at you from the bedroom?Are you ready to carry her along?
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by NAJALYN: 5:37pm On Feb 05, 2011
Working class Men and indeed women as well, should spend time with their kids. There is need for the family to spend reasonable time together daily, where possible. The kids need close monitoring always. The man who neglects his wife & kids is creating problem for himself. That constant drifting apart from his family may cost him his marriage.
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by ofala(m): 3:55am On Feb 07, 2011
The quality time you spend with your family can make all the difference. This is one factor many are over looking and are paying dearly for it.
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by iice(f): 5:23pm On Feb 07, 2011
Hmmm personally i'm more for quality time than quantity undecided
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by spyder880(m): 7:25pm On Feb 07, 2011
Well, it all depends on the type of wife you have, if you married a nagging wife singing nonesense into your ear every minute or a trouble maker that makes you settle case everytime you return, better look for a transfer from your home location. Some men I know hide to sleep in the hotel at night, while claiming the are working out of town. Just to prolong their lives!
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by ofala(m): 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2011
spyder880:

Some men I know hide to sleep in the hotel at night, while claiming the are working out of town. Just to prolong their lives!

Can this be true!? Its quite unimaginable.What kinda differences will be there between couples that one should hang out just to avoid the other. It boils down to one factor:the two aren't friends.NOT DATING PLEASE. Friends can quarrel but it wouldn't be that deep because there are things they must have shared together that will make one or two of them look back no matter how ugly the situation.
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by spyder880(m): 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2011
ofala:

Can this be true!? Its quite unimaginable.What kinda differences will be there between couples that one should hang out just to avoid the other. It boils down to one factor:the two aren't friends.NOT DATING PLEASE. Friends can quarrel but it wouldn't be that deep because there are things they must have shared together that will make one or two of them look back no matter how ugly the situation.

Welcome to Realityville, in some marriages, the trust and love of that friendship has been broken and fouled to the extent that they are only ready to wrong and revenge on each other. Some men take out their frustrations on their wives for living an expensive life which floored his business. Some women nag their husbands to death for putting on a rich front before the marriage and crashing financially afterwards. Dont even bring courtship, friendship, knowing her/him well before the marriageinto the equation, those factors are like eyeshadow after a nice soaking warm bath, impossible.
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by zayhal(f): 10:51pm On Feb 08, 2011
iice:

Hmmm personally i'm more for quality time than quantity undecided

Seconded

Not that he'll say he's home but will be busy with BB or laptop all through.
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by ofala(m): 11:24pm On Feb 08, 2011
zayhal:

Seconded

This boils down to issue of being friends with ones partner. Many are now in love with their BB instead of the person they are married to. I still believe that even if the couple discovers that something is amiss in their relationship, they should WORK ON THEMSELVES
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by spyder880(m): 9:41am On Feb 09, 2011
zayhal:

Seconded

Na wao! So the guy should not communicate just because he is married? Sounds like prison to me.
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by spyder880(m): 9:57am On Feb 09, 2011
ofala:

This boils down to issue of being friends with ones partner. Many are now in love with their BB instead of the person they are married to. I still believe that even if the couple discovers that something is amiss in their relationship, they should WORK ON THEMSELVES

Work on themselves just because the man uses his BB at home? Excuse me! So this man should stop making money just because he is married? Do you think its only FB and other fun sites that is accessible to BB. Please ease up your marriage, dont place restrictions on yourself just because you are married. Marriaage is very elastic and cn accomodate all aspects of life.
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by ofala(m): 2:39am On Feb 10, 2011
spyder880:

Work on themselves just because the man uses his BB at home? Excuse me! So this man should stop making money just because he is married? Do you think its only FB and other fun sites that is accessible to BB. Please ease up your marriage, dont place restrictions on yourself just because you are married. Marriaage is very elastic and cn accomodate all aspects of life.

It seems you don't quite understand. Nobody is saying anybody should throw away his or her BB just because he or she is married but some men or women will go "HUNTING" and soon as they get back home, they will just shower and hold their BB as if their lives depends on it. Its just damned deceitful sometimes.
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by iice(f): 10:43am On Feb 10, 2011
I don't think that being on the phone is always going hunting. Person could just be still catching up/finishing work or gisting with friends. Which just means that talking to the spouse/children at that particular time is not the priority.
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by ofala(m): 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2011
iice:

I don't think that being on the phone is always going hunting.  Person could just be still catching up/finishing work or gisting with friends.  Which just means that talking to the spouse/children at that particular time is not the priority. 

I didn't mean that one shouldn't interact with his or her pals once married. If you read my last post, i said AFTER, that is when some persons must have come back and feeling a kinda guilty, they will hide their faces infront of the BB or lappie. Do you understand? This isn't trying to generalize because i a m always doing one thing or the other with my laptop(either writing or checking up with my partners very late at night because of different time zones ) but whoever that is with me then will understand the work schedule. This is just the case with lots of young men/women these days but THERE ARE STILL SOME THAT HIDE INFRONT OF THE BB/LAPPIE AFTER SCOUTING, I maybe wrong but i have seen one or two cases. Anyway the issue is that many people are getting married today just because they want to answer MR or MRS. I don't subscribe to that at all!

1 Like

Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by iice(f): 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2011
I was commenting on spyder's post / zayhal's post.
As for hiding infront of BB (apparently the only phone in the world)/Lappie, what do you want them to do? Someone whose aim is to scouting really has more energy for scouting as opposed to spending it with family. That is a given. He/she could expend more energy to convince the family that all is fine and dandy. But that still is a continuation of a farce. I don't see what the confusion is about since it's a human thing. . .deceit/greed/cowardice and all that jazz.

Hmmm i just read what you said about friends.
True for the most part but that's pertaining to me. I don't have shallow quarrels with friends. Waste of my time. Deeper ones. . .yes and the outcome ain't always pretty.
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by spyder880(m): 5:54pm On Feb 10, 2011
ofala:

It seems you don't quite understand. Nobody is saying anybody should throw away his or her BB just because he or she is married but some men or women will go "HUNTING" and soon as they get back home, they will just shower and hold their BB as if their lives depends on it. Its just damned deceitful sometimes.

Most 'hunters' as you call them are very smart. They dont need to hide their face behind a lappie because they are in control. They have it all planned out to the minutest details as not to arouse suspicion. They have the cash/energy to maintain their deciet, pleasing the wifey and girlfriend at once. They can amuse, buy gifts,gist, bang the hell out of the 2 or 3 women in their lives like nothing happened. The wife will always be happy, what you dont know wont hurt you.
Re: How Much Time Do You Spend With Your Family? by NAJALYN: 8:06pm On Feb 10, 2011
Agreed some women do a lot of nagging, etc. that make their husband stay away from home. But no matter the problem, the man & woman must try to work out things, especially when it seems to be getting out of control. Shying away from problems & leaving them unsolved spells doom for that marriage. Where kids are involved the couple must try extra hard to make their marriage work, at least for the sake of their kids. Trying to apportion blame at this stage will only prolong the cold war & aggravate the situation.

(1) (Reply)

In This Situation, What Will You Do? / Pls Help: My Girlfriend's Boss Is Seriously Asking My Girlfriend Out. / Back In The Days When Mom Shared Rice And We Chose By Seniority (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.