Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

My Soybean Farming Dairy - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Soybean Farming Dairy (3864 Views)

My Cucumber Farming Dairy (pilot Phase) / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2020
Good evening everyone and welcome.
Nairaland has given me a lot and that's the truth so this is me saying thank you by giving back a little.

Click on follow and let's all go on this beautiful journey together
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:15pm On Jul 15, 2020
Soybean can be successfully grown in many states in Nigeria But am gonna be growing it in benue state

Soybean cultivation in Nigeria has expanded
as a result of its nutritive and economic importance and diverse domestic
usage I for one love the milk drink. It is also a prime source of vegetable oil in the international
market.
The rapid growth in the poultry sector has also
increased demand for soybean meal in Nigeria. It is good also for soil fertility
improvement and Striga control.

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2020
First step in planting soybeans is land selection, it's the most important factor to consider followed by seed selection and that's why the whole of last week was used in analysing and viewing potential lands for cultivation, finally a Heactre was selected and paid for at a price for a 1 year farming season..

Pictures will be uploaded tommorow as work starts on site, measuring, clearing and killing of non economic trees

1 Like

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2020
In Agriculture as is in Life you learn daily I ain't no expert as stated earlier it's actually my first time cultivating Soybean so your contributions, criticism, advices etc is all welcome and would be very much appreciated.. let's ride together

2 Likes

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by amani337(m): 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2020
Make I drop my mat here grin
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by Hallams(m): 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2020
amani337:
Make I join you
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2020
amani337:
lol
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by Wiseking00(m): 11:01am On Jul 16, 2020
Ready to learn
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by Liodins: 11:07am On Jul 16, 2020
Following
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
Good evening all, today not much was carried out, land was supposed to be cleared but the labourers had promised another client they would be working for him today, I kinda wanted snatching them but it's all good we all settled so my clearing starts tomorrow instead of today...

Time planned for cultivation is a week and 3 days that's by next weekend our seeds would be in the ground...
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
Below are pictures of the 1 Heactre land before clearing.. Some non economic trees would be killed also, the land has been farmed on for the past 10 years only once.

1 Like

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
And yes the farm is motorable to a certain degree... It's gonna be exciting loading lots of bag of soybean and driving off using this road

1 Like

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2020
NOTICE
Please anyone with info on where I can buy quality improved soybean seeds should do well to halla, I'd really appreciate, actually the person I planned buying from I heard a lil bad news about him and the quality of seeds he sells, so a second option might come in handy..
the seeds can be bought from anywhere and transported to me
Thanks..
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by benzion72(m): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2020
Opposite IITA Ibadan
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
benzion72:
Opposite IITA Ibadan
thanks but sadly I ain't in ibadan
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
Good evening fam
Update from the farm today... Actually I was shocked today but was later made to understand it's normal, imagine 5 persons clearing a Heactre of land perfectly in a day... I planned for a higher number of days but am very glad cause a little cost has been saved..

Pictures below

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
More pictures

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
Sorry couldn't get a picture of the land after clearance has been completed that would be tomorrow.. from the pictures posted I hope you all observed the presence of trees.. soybeans loves the sun so they have to go.. killing of trees with chemical starts tomorrow...

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by halimzytohfresh(m): 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
willybaby:
Sorry couldn't get a picture of the land after clearance has been completed that would be tomorrow.. from the pictures posted I hope you all observed the presence of trees.. soybeans loves the sun so they have to go.. killing of trees with chemical starts tomorrow...

yeah...get rid of the tree...soybeans doesn't like sheds....

your land looks fertile...
make sure your Soybeans shouldn't be the one harvested during raining season last year...such is only good for oil production not as seedlings.. it won't germinate well...

I grow soybeans too
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2020
halimzytohfresh:

make sure your Soybeans shouldn't be the one harvested during raining season last year...such is only good for oil production not as seedlings.. it won't germinate well...

I grow soybeans too
thanks so much your advices are duly noted
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 10:06pm On Jul 17, 2020
A little side story while on my way to the farm to observe the work been done I came across a neighbor harvesting and had to help out with a little bit of happy loading

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by dedons: 8:53am On Jul 18, 2020
halimzytohfresh:

I grow soybeans too
Hello Boss. How many tonnes of soybean can one get from an acre of land?
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
halimzytohfresh:

I grow soybeans too
hello sir please which pre emergent herbicides is best farming soybeans and I just sent you a pm too.. Thanks
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by halimzytohfresh(m): 10:02am On Jul 19, 2020
willybaby:
hello sir please which pre emergent herbicides is best farming soybeans and I just sent you a pm too.. Thanks
if you are ploughing it,after ploughing, sunphosate,sunsate mixed with little 2,4 D will do.

I believe you know conditions for measurement and applications?
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by halimzytohfresh(m): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2020
dedons:
Hello Boss. How many tonnes of soybean can one get from an acre of land?
lol.

seriously, I have been having hard time on how best to answer this your question.
it is really dependent on some conditions oo,
like how fertile your land is
weed management
spacing and lots more.
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by NAGR: 10:20am On Jul 19, 2020
Do you sell herbal or agricultural-related products?

Take advantage of the opportunity to register on *https://community.agrobeam.com/* and upload your products to
have an online presence and connect with millions of buyers globally.

Also buyers can click on *www.agrobeam.com* to browse through, compare and select from a list of products of interest.

Be a part of the Online Agricultural Community.

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:08am On Jul 21, 2020
Good morning house hope you all fine, we about stepping out to manually rake up and gather dead grasses since the sun has refused to shine and heat them up..
More updates coming up..
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
We make plans as human but nature has its plan too.. anyway our soybean must be in the ground this week...
Update
Today actually wasn't wasted, a senior brother here gave an advice on shade and how soybeans hates it and that advice is been taken seriously. Chemical was used in killing the big trees today

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2020
Now see step by step how it's done.
Cut or peel of the back of the tree to it's core round about it

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
Now using your brush apply your chemical to the exposed insides of the tree

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2020
If it's foaming it's dieing

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2020
If the rains let up tomorrow, raking of grasses and making of ridges starts simultaneously.. keep viewing,keep dropping ur advices, criticism etc all needed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

>>the Hidden Business Opportunities In Agriculture << / Clean Polished Local Rice For Sale / Finally Started My Poultry Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.