Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

My Soybean Farming Dairy - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Soybean Farming Dairy (3895 Views)

My Cucumber Farming Dairy (pilot Phase) / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 10:40am On Mar 07, 2021
happy Sunday blessed people.. sorry have been quite busy but I promise to update the thread tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by TheFalcons: 1:45pm On Mar 07, 2021
What were the challenges and hoe were you able to overcome them. I hope you had a good harvest?
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 7:55am On Mar 10, 2021
good morning house
So so sorry for not keeping to my promise of updating this thread days back really work has been hectic. it's a beautiful warm morning and here we go.
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 8:06am On Mar 10, 2021
My first mistake started even before land was cleared, started from my mind, I felt I loved soymilk alot and there was money in it so I should plant it grin so that's the idea being conceived and as it would go even the execution was terrible.

I will be listing my mistakes in no particular oder here we go ...
1. I chose to plant a crop I really didn't know much about, this led to bigger mistakes like planting under shades of trees, not applying any form of manure or fertiliser after all legumes are Nitrogen fixing Abi...

2. Fraud.. during the course of planting the soybean the very first man I took as a manager turned out was a selfish money hungry person, who only brought ideas dat would enrich his pocket not even d crops, he paid labourers below minimum wage, at 1 time b4 I knew this I was wondering why nobody wanted working 4 me anymore, infact I harvested d whole farm myself sha story continues......
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 10:11pm On Mar 10, 2021
good evening all.. we continue
3. August break during the August break here last month not a single rain fell it was that terrible and remember I also planted late dats July so it hit the soybean hard also..

4. weeding... After I came back and say the farm wasn't managed properly by my manager, I tried to weed manually but labor wasn't available due to wah I early spoke about and the expensive chemical I had to go and buy it's a selective that they said can be sprayed on soybean and it won't die only the weed. the chemical was applied by spraying and guess what it didn't work, grasses didn't die, soybean neither..

5... this whole farm an heactre was harvested by me and me alone.. Omo e turn slave trade.

6. threshing and processing also wasn't properly done, lost a large number of seeds..

Fact is almost everything that could go wrong went wrong. So that's how it went down.. posting pictures below

1 Like

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 10:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
total harvest... 8 custard rubber full from a heactre

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
during threshing.. only had 2 kids as help

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2021
heaps of soybean plants

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
threshing.. hardwork fa

1 Like

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2021
so that's it folks.. ur questions and contributions are welcome..

DO I REGRET CULTIVATING SOYBEAN ? THE ANSWER IS NO.. good money was lost no doubts about that but valuable experiences, was gained. As a farmer treat your crops like your children

2 Likes

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by TheFalcons: 6:08am On Mar 11, 2021
I was looking forward to the outcome of the project. I empathize with you.
Generally our fellow countrymen are the devil's incarnate.

You can be unbelievably nice to them, but it doesn't mean they won't plot to cheat you at the first instance they get. And they do it without any form of conscience or compassion. It hurts me mentally to think of things like that.

Trust me, I've also had similar experiences.

May I suggest this;

>Putting a manager in charge of a new farm operation is tantamount to fattening up the manager.

You should first be involved with the production process, from start to finish. Take lots of record. Even experiment with some section of whatever it is you're producing (Livestock or crop).

This way, you can resonably predict what needs to be done, how and when it is to be done.

A manager should only come into play when you are expanding and unable to manage the operations of the staff alone. Even at that, you have to monitor and guide him just as you'll do with a child. Don't forget that the success or failure of your investment lies mostly with him.

=====
On a side note, as your harvest no reach to sell, Are you going to store it and be making soybean milk grin

1 Like

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 9:59am On Mar 11, 2021
TheFalcons:

You can be unbelievably nice to them, but it doesn't mean they won't plot to cheat you at the first instance they get. And they do it without any form of conscience or compassion. It hurts me mentally to think of things like that.

May I suggest this;

>Putting a manager in charge of a new farm operation is tantamount to fattening up the manager.

You should first be involved with the production process, from start to finish. Take lots of record. Even experiment with some section of whatever it is you're producing (Livestock or crop).

This way, you can resonably predict what needs to be done, how and when it is to be done.

A manager should only come into play when you are expanding and unable to manage the operations of the staff alone. Even at that, you have to monitor and guide him just as you'll do with a child. Don't forget that the success or failure of your investment lies mostly with him.

=====
On a side note, as your harvest no reach to sell, Are you going to store it and be making soybean milk grin
hahahaha I gave the soybean to a friend who rears pigs o, at least so he can formulate feed and his thank you was a blessing to me..

All your advice above has been duly noted, sorry you experienced such too

1 Like

Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by WarrenC(m): 5:11am On Jul 24, 2021
halimzytohfresh:

yeah...get rid of the tree...soybeans doesn't like sheds....

your land looks fertile...
make sure your Soybeans shouldn't be the one harvested during raining season last year...such is only good for oil production not as seedlings.. it won't germinate well...

I grow soybeans too

Boss please I want to reach you to get some advice on soyabean farming
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by WarrenC(m): 5:26am On Jul 24, 2021
willybaby:
heaps of soybean plants

Please boss, I want to reach out to you, is it possible?
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by bizzibodi(m): 12:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
willybaby:
total harvest... 8 custard rubber full from a heactre
Jizzuuz Christe!
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by FarmTech(m): 10:19pm On Jun 13, 2022
TheFalcons:

May I suggest this;

=====
Good advice. Sorry for your loss op.
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by Bodex2000(m): 3:41pm On Aug 17, 2022
Please continue farming, OP.
It can only get better.
Re: My Soybean Farming Dairy by willybaby(m): 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2022
Bodex2000:
Please continue farming, OP.
It can only get better.
of course sir, currently have a 1 acre okra farm under cultivation, success and failures both motivate me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Snail Eggs In My Pen, How Long Does Snail Eggs Stay Before Hatching? / What is Wrong With Nigeria's Agriculture Industry? / How Can I Invest In Garri Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.