Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,274 members, 7,957,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:27 PM

I Admit, I Got Angry! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Admit, I Got Angry! (189 Views)

What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) / Angry Alfa Burns Photos Of ‘Clients’ Of His Customers That Are Owing Him (Video) / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Admit, I Got Angry! by yemionline(m): 9:15pm On Jul 15, 2020
So a few days ago, a friend shared a video on his whatsapp status about a Nigerian man 'Ubong King' by name who became a millionaire despite the odds being stacked heavily against him.

He had every reason to quit and just remain where he was but he chose not to.

He lost his father when he was little.

His mother sold ipekere (plantain chips) and did other petty businesses to be able to put food on the table.

Later in life, he got a job taking care of pigs.

From there he became a security guard at a church while squatting with his friend just to sustain himself and make ends meet...

He later gained admission into the university and at the end his program came out with a 3rd class.

Life was tough for him.

But one day, he got angry. Now he didn't get angry at anybody in particular.

He got angry with his condition and that anger was what motivated him to start making the changes that he needed to make in his life and today he is a multi-millionaire.

There was something he said in the video that really caught my attention.. Here it is:

"Anger is God's gift to man. If you want to change from one level to the next, you have to get angry."

This is so true.

I couldn't help but relate his story to my life as well.

You know, I shouldn't be where I am today considering where i'm coming from.

But.. It got to a point where I got sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I got tired of the peanuts I was getting from my job, I got tired of how the system was created to make you totally dependent on the government.

I got tired of how fast my salary got finished barely a few days after i was paid.

I was tired!

And then i got angry.

It was that anger that motivated me to create 3 additional streams of income for myself. (story for another day).

I'm not telling you to create 3, not even 2 streams of income...

Start by learning one skill that will help you create just 1 additional stream of income and watch your life change like night and day.

The truth is that, with the state of the economy now, it will be unwise and risky for anyone whose only source of income is a salary job not to have an additional stream of income because anything can happen.

An additional stream of income is meant to act as insurance and also make you live a better and much comfortable life.

Let me even ask you a question.

The year is already far spent. 6 months don waka...

What steps have you taken since this year began till now to move your finances to the next level?

I want you to make an honest evaluation on your life from the beginning of the year till now.

Are you closer to the goals you set at the beginning of the year, or are you farther away from them?

You have to get angry.

Refuse to leave things as they are.

That's the only way you can change level and do what needs to be done to improve your finances and your life in general.

I want you to think about what I've said, and if it makes sense to you, do something about it today don't wait till tomorrow.

Start now.

Till next time.

Yemi.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Earn Steady Side Income Apart From Your Job / Promoting Sensitive Niches On Facebook Ads And How Not To Get Banned / Hire Me For All Your Web Development Projects And Website Needs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.