Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,623,498 members, 6,115,693 topics. Date: Sunday, 24 January 2021 at 09:07 AM

Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) (66693 Views)

2 Elderly People Slump And Die After Alighting From Vehicles In Rivers (Graphic) / Wonders Of Charcoal To Your Health / Two Ghanaian Slay Queens Die After Overdosing On Tramadol, Refnol (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by NwekeUG(m): 9:30pm On Jul 15, 2020
ANAMBRA STATE POLICE COMMAND DIARY:

*SUDDEN DEATH*:

Today being 15/7/2020 there was a report at Aguata Police Station by one Bernard Ezeuboaja 'm' of Umuchiana village, Ekwulobia in Anambra State that on the same date at about 9:am,he discovered that his wife one Obiageli Ezeuboaja 'f' aged 65 years and her house boy one Chikamso 'm' surname unknown aged about 12 years never woke up from sleep since the previous night.As a result, he opened the door and discovered their lifeless bodies.

Following the report,Police detectives attached to Aguata division visited the scene and rushed victims to the hospital for medical attention but they were all certified death on arrival by a medical doctor.

Preliminary investigation revealed that the deceased set a charcoal fire in order to warm the room due to cold weather leaving all the windows closed and without ventilation.

Meanwhile,the charcoal container was recovered as exhibit while corpses deposited at Ekwulobia hospital mortuary for autopsy.Investigation is ongoing to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.

*SP Haruna Mohammed,PPRO* Anambra State Police Command,
For-Commissioner of Police Anambra State Command.


Source:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=314602876580873&id=113751596666003

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by XXXXTENTACION: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2020
Too bad cry



m<<<
poverty bad pass disease >>>embarassed



¿ cool %

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by Bola146(f): 9:41pm On Jul 15, 2020
Poverty is a bastard! RIP sad

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by OUTLAWwizard: 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2020
cry cry


Coal burned in a fire pit produces a significant amount of carbon monoxide due to incomplete combustion.
Carbon monoxide binds to hemoglobin preferentially to oxygen. Concentrations of carbon monoxide less than 0.1 percent can be fatal in less than 8 hours. ... Never use
coal or charcoal indoors under any circumstance.

174 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by shekauvsbuhari: 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2020
Their problem here was ignorance. It is far worse that poverty. Even God says so in the bible.

139 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by ibrutex(m): 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2020
carbon monoxide poisoning suspected, as a result of ignorant overdose. RIP to them

87 Likes

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by southniyikaye(m): 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2020
This life truly no balance

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by gambia(m): 11:37pm On Jul 15, 2020
This is sad, may their souls find rest.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by BeforeJuly: 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2020
why now?
ignorance is toxic. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by mightyhazell: 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2020
that coal must have contained large amount of moisture..cos obviously it smoked alot and released much monoxides

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by donproject(m): 11:48pm On Jul 15, 2020
Carbon monoxide due to incomplete combustion caused by little or no ventilation.

The reaction that causes this gas to be produced normally happens at the middle chamber of the coal plate, but when there is no enough ventilation, this gas escapes through the lower orifice or the open surface of the coal plate, making its way into the surrounding space, killing or wrecking havocs into the system of whomever inhales it.

May their gentle souls rest in peace

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by Sultty(m): 12:11am On Jul 16, 2020
Rip to them. People need enlightenment if not more deaths will occur from suffocation

8 Likes

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by gift2xl: 12:50am On Jul 16, 2020
So sad.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by chiemmanuel(m): 3:48am On Jul 16, 2020
Ignorance is a deadly disease
Just like those Northerners washing and drinking water to disprove covid 19

8 Likes

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by Kendumazy(m): 7:39am On Jul 16, 2020
Chai
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by phemmyfour: 8:41am On Jul 16, 2020
Ignorance kills
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by Manofvalor1: 11:34am On Jul 16, 2020
Those days people burn firewood and coal to sleep in their rooms during harmatan and it never killed anyone.i sense village people at work.not every death is natural.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by Goldie16: 1:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
Carbon monoxide poisoning
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by majamajic(m): 1:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
At her age , it's not the first time she is trying that tricks

I think the charcoal disappointed her this time
Some charcoal do not smoke after heating up
Risky life we go through everyday

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by EzzyCarter: 1:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
Who lights up coal in a room without a fire-place or a chimney? Asphyxiation is real.... this is really sad sad

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by money121(m): 1:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by bolaji3071(m): 1:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
So sad. May Thier soul r.i.p

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by iCauseTrouble: 1:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
shocked
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by pointstores(m): 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
Nawa
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by Antibot5: 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
Manofvalor1:
Those days people burn firewood and coal to sleep in their rooms during harmatan and it never killed anyone.i sense village people at work.not every death is natural.

Brain remain for this one head so?

25 Likes

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by hinere(m): 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
It's a pity...

Well, do you know why some women are carrying other women's children in their womb for 9 months?

Do you know why?

Do you know the thoughts of Nigerians when it comes to surrogacy?

Read more here

https://giftchinemerem.blogspot.com/2020/07/are-nigerians-open-to-surrogacy.html?m=1
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by ronkegiwer: 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
eyahhhh
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by ugbanante: 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
Nairaland, una like this kind news too much. Haba...
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by Sebastine1994(m): 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
what is life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by Lincoln275(m): 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
2020 should just finish jare, bad news full the year

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Face Masks Are Produced In Aba. Meet The Makers (Video) / Nursing Mother Commits Suicide In Uyo Over Pressure From Husband / Lightening Kills Three Ogun FRSC Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.