Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) (68696 Views)

Anambra Woman Uses Garden Eggs To Revive Man In Coma Ten Days After / Family Of 7 Die After Eating Suya In Abia Community (PHOTOS) / 2 Elderly People Slump And Die After Alighting From Vehicles In Rivers (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by Greatzeus(m): 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2020
Is it that cold over there in Anambra cos I don't understand

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by sassiemyk: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2020
This had nothing to do with poverty. Even rich oyibos dey burn charcoal and wood in furnaces in their super rich abodes. Problem here was ignorance and carelessness.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by Nwaide01: 2:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
This story is incomplete because if that charcoal pot I see there is the one retrieved from the said room then it means there's foul play somewhere, first when you light charcoal in the night what's left of it in the morning is only soot so there's no way you'll see the amount of left over cinder as seen in that pot,secondly the amount of co4 that will be omitted from that pot will be too low to kill human being.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by dododawa1: 2:41pm On Jul 16, 2020
Sebastine1994:
24 years ago I wanted to commit suicide by jumping off the river Niger bridge, but I changed my mind, I decided to lock my self in my car inside my car garage and left the engine running,

I wanted to kill myself, God forgive me, I did not die that day because my girlfriend rushed in and demanded for a good sex
kid and sex, future leaders continue.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by introvertious: 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2020
....and where did the Husband sleep?
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by baby124: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
Is it that cold? This is crazy. You burn firewood outside for a reason.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by Reference(m): 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2020
mightyhazell:
that coal must have contained large amount of moisture..cos obviously it smoked alot and released much monoxides

Partial knowledge is even worse. Wet or dry, solid or liquid. Burning ALL fossil fuels will release significant amounts of carbon monoxide, consuming free oxygen required to maintain circulatory function in the process.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by lifenija: 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2020
Manofvalor1:
Those days people burn firewood and coal to sleep in their rooms during harmatan and it never killed anyone.i sense village people at work.not every death is natural.
wow u dey see wetin u dey write self

anyway when u burn coal it should have an exit not fill up the room
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by odavo(m): 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2020
Shit, that innocent child dint have a choice but to obey(sleep inside the smokee) with her madam
Mtchew omolomo

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by uvie66: 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2020
shekauvsbuhari:
Their problem here was ignorance. It is far worse that poverty. Even God says so in the bible.
true talk.... this is not ignorance more like illiteracy. This woman stayed 65 yrs on earth not knowing the dangerous effect of CO... couple of weeks ago it was a girl that answered a phone call close to a gas cylinder.
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by mightyhazell: 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2020
Reference:

Partial knowledge is even worse. Wet or dry, solid or liquid. Burning ALL fossil fuels will release significant amounts of carbon monoxide, consuming free oxygen required to maintain circulatory function in the process.
You could have made your point (which is an obvious knowledge to a junior secondary student anyway) without the opening childish insult.. meanwhile wet wood would smoke more and worsen the situation in the room..
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by Psoul(m): 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
Painful

Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by XXXXTENTACION: 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2020
Skoopy:

I think this is illiteracy not poverty. May they rest in peace.
If no be porverty wetin go carry man dey use charcoal warm body

but sha illiteracy follow for the equation.
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by chiemmanuel(m): 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2020
AMvanquish:

Tribalist. You must show yourself. Well-done for digressing from the topic and pointing that out.
did it happen or not, dust yourself from naira land and go sensitive your people
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by AMvanquish: 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
chiemmanuel:
did it happen or not, dust yourself from naira land and go sensitive your people

Are you a tribalist or not.
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by omorttee4u(m): 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
R I P. To the deceased.
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by omachimyk(m): 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2020
OUTLAWwizard:
cry cry

Coal burned in a fire pit produces a significant amount of carbon monoxide due to incomplete combustion.
Carbon monoxide binds to hemoglobin preferentially to oxygen. Concentrations of carbon monoxide less than 0.1 percent can be fatal in less than 8 hours. ... Never use
coal or charcoal indoors under any circumstance.
How about incense burner (charcoal/electrical)? I no comfortable with that thing, especially in an environment with little or no ventilation.
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by sylve11: 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2020
Sad... sad cool
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by lenghtinny(m): 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2020
Nwaide01:
This story is incomplete because if that charcoal pot I see there is the one retrieved from the said room then it means there's foul play somewhere, first when you light charcoal in the night what's left of it in the morning is only soot so there's no way you'll see the amount of left over cinder as seen in that pot,secondly the amount of co4 that will be omitted from that pot will be too low to kill human being.
The cause of the problem here is not really the amount of CO in the atmosphere but the fact that there is no ventilation. I believe the CO produced relates to the heat generated in that room because as the energy is being produced, the carbon is being converted to CO.
Since there is no ventilation, the CO produced from the heat needed to keep the room warm should be enough to kill them

If CO infiltrates the atmosphere and there is no O2 to react with it in order to convert it to CO2 especially in an enclosed space like a small room, then death is imminent for anyone in the room. It just a matter of seconds to few minutes because CO replaces Oxygen in the body system to form carboxyhaemoglobin and you know how quick a body can give up once it’s deprived of oxygen.
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by earnit3: 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
Life
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by chiemmanuel(m): 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
AMvanquish:

Are you a tribalist or not.
because I mentioned the area something happened makes me a tribalist
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by AMvanquish: 8:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
chiemmanuel:
because I mentioned the area something happened makes me a tribalist

Yes.. Because you skipped the whole message and had to point it out, even though nothing concerns NORTH with the Topic. So agreed you're a tribalist?
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by chiemmanuel(m): 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
AMvanquish:

Yes.. Because you skipped the whole message and had to point it out, even though nothing concerns NORTH with the Topic. So agreed you're a tribalist?
is north a tribe
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by mormoney85(m): 8:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
Manofvalor1:
Those days people burn firewood and coal to sleep in their rooms during harmatan and it never killed anyone.i sense village people at work.not every death is natural.
think b4 you talk, those days there's no tiles or aluminum windows no sealings, if u take a good look you will see that the house is well tilled which means there will be aluminum windows and sealing
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by AMvanquish: 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
chiemmanuel:
is north a tribe

Stop beating around the bush. You know what you meant. Claim it like a man. Nothing will happen. You're a tribalist.
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by Mamijoh(f): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2020
May their souls rest in perfect
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by chiemmanuel(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2020
AMvanquish:

Stop beating around the bush. You know what you meant. Claim it like a man. Nothing will happen. You're a tribalist.
I know what I meant, and you can't force something on me I didn't say, your dictionary is your friend, check the meaning of tribalist,
That means all news outlets are tribalistic for mentioning locations events and crimes took place
Get a grip dude, when you want to banter, be sure of your knowledge
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by AMvanquish: 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
chiemmanuel:
I know what I meant, and you can't force something on me I didn't say, your dictionary is your friend, check the meaning of tribalist,
That means all news outlets are tribalistic for mentioning locations events and crimes took place
Get a grip dude, when you want to banter, be sure of your knowledge

You deviated from a topic and called a whole region out to make a point. Only you in the whole thread. What you even pointed out has nothing to do with the discussion. Out of all the regions to make example with, for some reason North was more randomly comfortable enough for you to mention. I laff grin
News outlets mention news from all regions. That's what they do.
No need for banter. It is what it is. Forget long story.
You're a Tribalist.
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by chiemmanuel(m): 9:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
AMvanquish:

You deviated from a topic and called a whole region out to make a point. Only you in the whole thread. What you even pointed out has nothing to do with the discussion. Out of all the regions to make example with, for some reason North was more randomly comfortable enough for you to mention. I laff grin
News outlets mention news from all regions. That's what they do.
No need for banter. It is what it is. Forget long story.
You're a Tribalist.

when you check the meaning of tribalist, let me know, I don't want to waste my time with someone with insufficient learning
Re: Anambra: Woman, Houseboy Die After Burning Charcoal To Warm Her Room (Graphic) by morris477(m): 9:58pm On Jul 16, 2020
Obiano why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Second Case Of Coronavirus Confirmed In Nigeria / Woman Dies 24 Hours After Her Wedding In Delta State (Photos) / Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Baby Born With Skin Like A Shell (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.