Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call (1579 Views)

Holy Spirit Quicken Us To Yield To The Lordship Of Jesus Christ Crucified Today / How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Jul 16, 2020
Martinez39s:
My problem is if he comes to see the light later in life, many years after dropping out, he might be suicidal or greatly depressed at least.
Really? undecided
Because many of those who commit suicide or suffer depression are in fact drop outs? undecided
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Martinez39s(m): 11:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Really? undecided
Because many of those who commit suicide or suffer depression are in fact drop outs? undecided
Try to understand my point. Later in life, he MIGHT come to the realisation that there are no gods and that he would have been better off as a physician than a clergy. If that happens, It would dawn on him that he gave up a good opportunity for an illusion. The thoughts of what would have been and how preventable his mistake is can give him depression and make him suicidal.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Kobojunkie: 11:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
Martinez39s:
Try to understand my point. Later in life, he MIGHT come to the realisation that there are no gods and that he would have been better off as a physician than a clergy. If that happens, It would dawn on him that he gave up a good opportunity for an illusion. The thoughts of what would have been and how preventable his mistake is can give him depression and make him suicidal.
He claims he has already found God, so what are you worried about? undecided
Or do you expect he will come to the same conclusion that you did about God and then realize there really is nothing left to live for? undecided
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 12:00am On Jul 17, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

God calls achievers, or make achievers of those He calls?

My definition is there. Someone who can complete a goal. Someone who succeeds at something, not a drop out or one who gives up. Someone with some enough tenacity to finish something. David, Daniel, Moses, all finished their trainings. That is what i mean by achieving. Not referring to great feats.

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 12:02am On Jul 17, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

How ready was Gideon when God called him for His use?

As ready as a MIGHTY MAN OF VALOUR. Except you are suggesting that God was lying.

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 12:09am On Jul 17, 2020
PRE4:

Really?Thats faith bro.That's how it work.
It might sound stupid but its the best option ever.

i really hope for him it is faith, but faith in/what really? Smells like laziness all over. Anyway what do we know? Let me not "be pessimistic".

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 12:13am On Jul 17, 2020
Nephilim:
by now God should have called Mark Zuckerberg and Bill gate lolz.

When the Bible says that he justified those he calls
Also say's He use the foolish things of the world to confound the wise
Apostle paul says we are fool for christ.

All I can say is God calls those that have genuine love in their heart for Him.

In the real sense, God calls everybody. So many millions have several missed calls of God on their life.

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 12:16am On Jul 17, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
IMAGINE ALLOWING A PATIENT DIE ON HIS TABLE BECAUSE HE WAS COMMUNICATING WITH GOD AT A TIME HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CARRYING OUT AN OPERATION?
HE HAS MADE A WISE CHOICE, MARTINEZ39S. SO MANY IDĮOTS IN APRONS NEED TO FOLLOW THIS GUY OUT OF OUR HOSPITALS.

Is that the way your parents and relatives used to do it? They just zoom into trances without control like Mr. Bean in Rat race? Is it the way your professors, teachers, colleagues and bosses used to do?

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 12:19am On Jul 17, 2020
Martinez39s:
My problem is if he comes to see the light later in life, many years after dropping out, he might be suicidal or greatly depressed at least.

This is not far from what usually happens. Then they will blame God. God that never told them to drop out. They would not remember that they actually dropped out because their father died.

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 17, 2020
Psychosis.

2 Likes

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 17, 2020
Image123:

As ready as a MIGHTY MAN OF VALOUR. Except you are suggesting that God was lying.

A mighty man of valour hiding so that he wouldn't be bullied by the Philistines and his harvest stolen, right? You sure know God can create something out of nothing? Or you never read your Bible where God calls things that are not as if they were? Now, relate that to God calling Gideon a man of valour. And the reply given by Gideon also shows he wasn't. But God called him that because He had decided to make him that.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 5:54am On Jul 17, 2020
Image123:

My definition is there. Someone who can complete a goal. Someone who succeeds at something, not a drop out or one who gives up. Someone with some enough tenacity to finish something. David, Daniel, Moses, all finished their trainings. That is what i mean by achieving. Not referring to great feats.

So, God who used a donkey will not be able to use anyone except the person has "tenacity", hardwork or whatever you are referring to up there? What happens to "it's not he that willeth or he that runneth..." Some people just build God around their experience and limit Him by what they've been taught. What happens to "God uses the foolish things to confound the wise"?
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 17, 2020
Nephilim:
by now God should have called Mark Zuckerberg and Bill gate lolz.

When the Bible says that he justified those he calls
Also say's He use the foolish things of the world to confound the wise
Apostle paul says we are fool for christ.

All I can say is God calls those that have genuine love in their heart for Him.

Exactly what I'm trying to tell the op.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by OtemAtum: 8:02am On Jul 17, 2020
Hmm. This person didn't read the book of Ikilo before making this foolish decision. I hope he doesn't regret it in the future sha undecided

Ikilo 5: 6-14

6. I have known of some humans who left their schooling, because they said, Jesus the fictitious character of the testament of Eusebius shall soon come to the world to end it. And such humans went to purchase megaphones, going about to share the news of the return of Jesus the hero of the book of Eusebius.
7. And when the first and second semester examination came, these people did not write them, saying, we have to set our minds on the heavenly things. And they steadfastly warn the people of that school, saying, give your life to Jesus.
8. And the Muslims of the school contended with them and injured them, but these people refused to succumb.
9. And under the sun and the rain did they remain preaching about the fictitious character. And when the results were out, they had carryovers in all their courses. And the school advised them to withdraw.
10. And the people accepted willingly with smiles on their faces. And after five years when Jesus refused to come to the world, the zeas of the preachers disappeared and they began to find how they shall return to school.
11. And they regretted of their actions, saying, we have done foolishly.
12. Now they struggled and wrote the University entrance examination over and over again, but could not get admission. And one of them went to kill himself while the other went to learn a craft.
13. Therefore I warn everyone, even if you say that you shall stick to the fictional character of Eusebius, do so with wisdom, making sure you do all the things you have to do and do not wait for that fictional character to do anything for you.
14. And if you will talk about it, do not talk about it with the whole of your soul as if it is more real than a fictional being.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by CAPSLOCKED: 9:02am On Jul 17, 2020
Martinez39s:

HE WILL THEN PASS DOWN HIS LESSONS TO OTHERS, USING HIMSELF AS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW NONSENSE BELIEFS RUIN A LOT OF THINGS.

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

A mighty man of valour hiding so that he wouldn't be bullied by the Philistines and his harvest stolen, right? You sure know God can create something out of nothing? Or you never read your Bible where God calls things that are not as if they were? Now, relate that to God calling Gideon a man of valour. And the reply given by Gideon also shows he wasn't. But God called him that because He had decided to make him that.

So he was not a mighty man of valour?

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

So, God who used a donkey will not be able to use anyone except the person has "tenacity", hardwork or whatever you are referring to up there? What happens to "it's not he that willeth or he that runneth..." Some people just build God around their experience and limit Him by what they've been taught. What happens to "God uses the foolish things to confound the wise"?

I'm guessing Paul, Moses, Daniel and of course our greatest example Jesus Christ were used to confound the wise?

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2020
Image123:

No, Gideon was at the time God called him, not the image of a mighty man od valour that God made him become much later.
You should read the story for yourself to learn the truth though. He was more of a coward in the beginning who had sort of settled into life as it was during his day.
After God called him, the transformation from cowardly man to mighty man of valour began. Not saying his story ended well by the way.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 18, 2020
Image123:

Read your Bible more and stop listening to motivational speakers in the guise of pastors. It will really help you.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 9:28am On Jul 18, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Read your Bible more and stop listening to motivational speakers in the guise of pastors. It will really help you.

You didn't answer the question. Was Gideon a mighty man of valour or not?

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 9:33am On Jul 18, 2020
Kobojunkie:
No, Gideon was at the time God called him, not the image of a mighty man od valour that God made him become much later.
You should read the story for yourself to learn the truth though. He was more of a coward in the beginning who had sort of settled into life as it was during his day.
After God called him, the transformation from cowardly man to mighty man of valour began. Not saying his story ended well by the way.

Jdg 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. 

Jdg 11:1 Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.

Does this your explanation apply in the two cases?

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 18, 2020
Image123:

You didn't answer the question. Was Gideon a mighty man of valour or not?

He wasn't until God made him one. He didn't show any valour before God stepped in. Except if cowardice is your idea of valour.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 10:32am On Jul 18, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

He wasn't until God made him one. He didn't show any valour before God stepped in. Except if cowardice is your idea of valour.

Jdg 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. 

Jdg 11:1 Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.

Does this your explanation apply in the two verses?

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Kobojunkie: 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2020
Image123:

Jdg 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. 

Jdg 11:1 Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.

Does this your explanation apply in the two cases?
yes it does. Read the story to learn how.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
Image123:

Jdg 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. 

Jdg 11:1 Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.

Does this your explanation apply in the two verses?

Judges 6:11 And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites.

Did the above happen before or after the angel called him mighty man of valour? Does the last part of that verse show any valour?
Check Gideon's reply to that message for further clarification.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Image123(m): 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Judges 6:11 And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites.

Did the above happen before or after the angel called him mighty man of valour? Does the last part of that verse show any valour?
Check Gideon's reply to that message for further clarification.

Kobojunkie:
yes it does. Read the story to learn how.

The two of you have said that the Bible is lying or unserious. Here is what the Bible clearly said.
Jdg 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.

Jdg 11:1 Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.

But you are telling us by some unknown esoteric knowledge that the Bible is saying
Jdg 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou will be a mighty man of valour.

Jdg 11:1 Now Jephthah the Gileadite was to later become a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.

What you have done is to disbelieve the Word of God and worse still ADDED to the Word of God. i want to believe you are both aware of what the Bible says will happen to those that add or subtract from the Word of God. May God have mercy on you to repent, if your aim is not to win an aimless argument.

JEPHTHAH.
Jephthah was clearly a mighty man of valor, even the people around him knew it and called on him for help despite being a bastard. The Bible was very clear and straight to the point. Here it is again.

Jdg 11:1 Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.

Here are other versions, though i know that you are already blind and happy in it.

(BBE)  Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a great man of war; he was the son of a loose woman, and Gilead was his father.
(CEV)  The leaders of the Gilead clan decided to ask a brave warrior named Jephthah son of Gilead to lead the attack against the Ammonites. Even though Jephthah belonged to the Gilead clan, he had earlier been forced to leave the region where they had lived. Jephthah was the son of a prostitute, but his half-brothers were the sons of his father's wife. One day his half-brothers told him, "You don't really belong to our family, so you can't have any of the family property." Then they forced Jephthah to leave home. Jephthah went to the country of Tob, where he was joined by a number of men who would do anything for money. So the leaders of Gilead went to Jephthah and said,
(Darby)  Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of a harlot; and Gilead had begotten Jephthah.
(ERV)  Jephthah was from the tribe of Gilead. He was a strong soldier. But Jephthah was the son of a prostitute. His father was a man named Gilead.
(ESV)  Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty warrior, but he was the son of a prostitute. Gilead was the father of Jephthah.
(ESV+)  Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty warrior, but he was the son of a prostitute. Gilead was the father of Jephthah.
(GNB)  Jephthah, a brave soldier from Gilead, was the son of a prostitute. His father Gilead
(GW)  Jephthah was a soldier from the region of Gilead. Jephthah's father was named Gilead. His mother was a prostitute.
(ISV)  Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a valiant soldier, but he was also the son of a prostitute and Jephthah's father Gilead.
(RV)  Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.

i am yet to see any Bible version that says "Later on, Jephthah became a mighty man of valor. They all say NOW, Jephthah WAS a mighty man of valor. How to arrived at your wuruwuru explanation is known to you and maybe satan. Anyone who reads the account would see that Jephthah WAS indeed a mighty man of valor, responsible and capable. He had family and could take care of men, ALL before God "used" him (which is our point in this thread.

Jdg 11:3  Then Jephthah fled from his brethren, and dwelt in the land of Tob: and there were gathered vain men to Jephthah, and went out with him.
Jdg 11:5  And it was so, that when the children of Ammon made war against Israel, the elders of Gilead went to fetch Jephthah out of the land of Tob: 
Jdg 11:6  And they said unto Jephthah, Come, and be our captain, that we may fight with the children of Ammon.

This was clearly a man of valor and deliverer. They were even prepared to make him their head which they eventually did.

GIDEON.
Jdg 6:11  And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites. 
Jdg 6:12  And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.

Again, the angel was not at a loss of words or shy. He clearly told Gideon The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. He did not say The LORD will be with thee, thou will later become a mighty man of valour. The angel knew and saw Gideon as a mighty man of valor. He was not going to need more time or training or accomplishment to become a mighty man of valor, he was already a mighty man of valor. Little wonder the angel told him to go in his might. He was very clear with His tenses. The present and the future.

Jdg 6:14  And the LORD looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?
Jdg 6:16  And the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man. 

He could have said thou shalt be a mighty man of valor, he did not say that. Instead He said Thou mighty man of valor, Go in this thy might. The future "thou shalt smite" is clear for any english reader. Nothing esoteric or needing deep special study here like you have both advised.

Back to the OP matter. Clearly, Gideon was ready for the work. He did not need any extra training or years. He even had more than 10 servants to boot. This was someone who could raise an altar. i wonder if the said drop out can raise a hut or has more than 10 servants he is controlling that you are insulting Gideon by comparison.

Jdg 6:27  Then Gideon took ten men of his servants, and did as the LORD had said unto him: and so it was, because he feared his father's household, and the men of the city, that he could not do it by day, that he did it by night.

1 Like

Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
Image123:

The two of you have said that the Bible is lying or unserious. Here is what the Bible clearly said.
Jdg 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.

But you are telling us by some unknown esoteric knowledge that the Bible is saying
Jdg 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou will be a mighty man of valour.

Jdg 11:1 Now Jephthah the Gileadite was to later become a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.

What you have done is to disbelieve the Word of God and worse still ADDED to the Word of God. i want to believe you are both aware of what the Bible says will happen to those that add or subtract from the Word of God. May God have mercy on you to repent, if your aim is not to win an aimless argument.

JEPHTHAH.
Jephthah was clearly a mighty man of valor, even the people around him knew it and called on him for help despite being a bastard. The Bible was very clear and straight to the point. Here it is again.

Here are other versions, though i know that you are already blind and happy in it.

(BBE)  Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a great man of war; he was the son of a loose woman, and Gilead was his father.
(CEV)  The leaders of the Gilead clan decided to ask a brave warrior named Jephthah son of Gilead to lead the attack against the Ammonites. Even though Jephthah belonged to the Gilead clan, he had earlier been forced to leave the region where they had lived. Jephthah was the son of a prostitute, but his half-brothers were the sons of his father's wife. One day his half-brothers told him, "You don't really belong to our family, so you can't have any of the family property." Then they forced Jephthah to leave home. Jephthah went to the country of Tob, where he was joined by a number of men who would do anything for money. So the leaders of Gilead went to Jephthah and said,
(Darby)  Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of a harlot; and Gilead had begotten Jephthah.
(ERV)  Jephthah was from the tribe of Gilead. He was a strong soldier. But Jephthah was the son of a prostitute. His father was a man named Gilead.
(ESV)  Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty warrior, but he was the son of a prostitute. Gilead was the father of Jephthah.
(ESV+)  Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty warrior, but he was the son of a prostitute. Gilead was the father of Jephthah.
(GNB)  Jephthah, a brave soldier from Gilead, was the son of a prostitute. His father Gilead
(GW)  Jephthah was a soldier from the region of Gilead. Jephthah's father was named Gilead. His mother was a prostitute.
(ISV)  Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a valiant soldier, but he was also the son of a prostitute and Jephthah's father Gilead.
(RV)  Now Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty man of valour, and he was the son of an harlot: and Gilead begat Jephthah.

i am yet to see any Bible version that says "Later on, Jephthah became a mighty man of valor. They all say NOW, Jephthah WAS a mighty man of valor. How to arrived at your wuruwuru explanation is known to you and maybe satan. Anyone who reads the account would see that Jephthah WAS indeed a mighty man of valor, responsible and capable. He had family and could take care of men, ALL before God "used" him (which is our point in this thread.

Jdg 11:3  Then Jephthah fled from his brethren, and dwelt in the land of Tob: and there were gathered vain men to Jephthah, and went out with him.
Jdg 11:5  And it was so, that when the children of Ammon made war against Israel, the elders of Gilead went to fetch Jephthah out of the land of Tob: 
Jdg 11:6  And they said unto Jephthah, Come, and be our captain, that we may fight with the children of Ammon.

This was clearly a man of valor and deliverer. They were even prepared to make him their head which they eventually did.

GIDEON.
Jdg 6:11  And there came an angel of the LORD, and sat under an oak which was in Ophrah, that pertained unto Joash the Abiezrite: and his son Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites. 
Jdg 6:12  And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.

Again, the angel was not at a loss of words or shy. He clearly told Gideon The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. He did not say The LORD will be with thee, thou will later become a mighty man of valour. The angel knew and saw Gideon as a mighty man of valor. He was not going to need more time or training or accomplishment to become a mighty man of valor, he was already a mighty man of valor. Little wonder the angel told him to go in his might. He was very clear with His tenses. The present and the future.

Jdg 6:14  And the LORD looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?
Jdg 6:16  And the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man. 

He could have said thou shalt be a mighty man of valor, he did not say that. Instead He said Thou mighty man of valor, Go in this thy might. The future "thou shalt smite" is clear for any english reader. Nothing esoteric or needing deep special study here like you have both advised.

Back to the OP matter. Clearly, Gideon was ready for the work. He did not need any extra training or years. He even had more than 10 servants to boot. This was someone who could raise an altar. i wonder if the said drop out can raise a hut or has more than 10 servants he is controlling that you are insulting Gideon by comparison.

Jdg 6:27  Then Gideon took ten men of his servants, and did as the LORD had said unto him: and so it was, because he feared his father's household, and the men of the city, that he could not do it by day, that he did it by night. 

You keep confusing yourself. Does the last bit in Judges 6:27 show you someone mighty with valour. It should show you that God made him that, cos despite the fact that God asked him to do that he was still scared.
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by dontrulee: 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
Image123:

i really hope for him it is faith, but faith in/what really? Smells like laziness all over. Anyway what do we know? Let me not "be pessimistic".

Laziness you say?
it's alright, everyone has his own life to live.
Bill Gates dropped out of school
Mark Zuckerberg dropped out of school
and many other 'successful' people also.

I can understand his decision because I am also a 500level medical student. To reach where I am, I know all what I had to pass through despite that, I have always thought of being an Engineer and if I have my way, I will go back to study engineering. I am basically in Medicine to make my parents happy all other things are secondary.

So if he claims to be called by God, leave him be.
But if I am to advise him as a fellow medical student, he should wait till he graduates before going into the call of God. We have many 'qualified' doctors who are not practising and yet are making big impact in the society. I for myself do not wish to practice more than 5 years. I want to venture into business. Abeg, I no like stress.

By the way, I am the scholar of my class. Medicine to me is so simple like ABC, I need a more competitive or tough course like Engineering, perhaps that will cure my laziness.

Majority of medical students are actually very lazy, myself inclusive.

wishing him all the best in his new life, cheers!
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by dontrulee: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

HE WILL THEN PASS DOWN HIS LESSONS TO OTHERS, USING HIMSELF AS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW NONSENSE BELIEFS RUIN A LOT OF THINGS.

@CAPSLOCKED leave them, let them live their lives.
Experience they say is the best teacher.
It's his decision not ours nor yours
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by 1Sharon(f): 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
LOL using god as an excuse. He dropped out cos grief distracted him
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by dontrulee: 2:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
1Sharon:
LOL using god as an excuse. He dropped out cos grief distracted him

Not really, his father had died since he was in year two, he could have dropped out by then.
But he spent three more years in Medical school, he has tried enough. Thank you
Re: How A Year Five U.I. Medical Student Abandoned Studies To Yield To God’s Call by 1Sharon(f): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
dontrulee:

Not really, his father had died since he was in year two, he could have dropped out by then.
But he spent three more years in Medical school, he has tried enough. Thank you

So he spend 5 years?? Why not just finish??

And go about his business, no one can take the degree from him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It A Must To Close Your Eyes While Praying / Fornication Pt.1 - Proverbs 5 - Perceiving A Harlot (http://letspleasegod.com) / Why Do People, Even Christians, Always Attribute Evil/pain/loss To God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.