Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! (15251 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by nuella2(f): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2011
SirJohn:

I'm sorry to say this nuella2 but I actually thought I was talking with an intelligent fellow. bye!

The just shall live by faith. You dont know the things of God with your head but with your spirit.

1 Cor 1:27-28

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
KJV
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Joagbaje(m): 11:55am On Feb 09, 2011
SirJohn:

And the word of God does not say anywhere that they cannot fall sick!

Isaiah 33:24
24 And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein[ shall be] forgiven[ their] iniquity.

Sickness is synonymous with sin. The power that took sin away also dealth with the dominion of sickness. What do you understand by the phrase " by whose stripes ye were healed
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Joagbaje(m): 11:57am On Feb 09, 2011
Nuella,

I love your great exposition.
Thumbs up grin
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by SirJohn(m): 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2011
Joagbaje:

Isaiah 33:24
24 And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein[ shall be] forgiven[ their] iniquity.

Sickness is synonymous with sin. The power that took sin away also dealth with the dominion of sickness. What do you understand by the phrase " by whose stripes ye were healed

And do you Joagbaje know that not all sickness is spiritual? why have you not answered the question I asked you? I expect more than this from you.

'by whose stripes ye were healed', I'll help you here by quoting this scripture in full and not in part just like you have done to shield it true meaning:
salvation from spiritual death Joagbaje.

1peter2:24
"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Some of Gods promises are yet to be fulfilled in the church and you Joagbaje have admitted that fact.

Revelation 21:3-5
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Joagbaje(m): 12:29pm On Feb 09, 2011
Sickness has ever been an enemy of God. Part of the blessing of Abraham is freedom from sickness. It is a major part of the abrahamic covenant. Jesus healed the bent over woman on the basis of abrahamic covenant. 

Luke 13:16
16 And ought not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath day? 

It's only when Israel sin that they get afflicted. With sickness. And in their affliction when they turn to God he healed them. King Asa died because he trusted in medicine rather than God

2 Chronicles 16:12-13
12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease[ was] exceeding[ great]: yet in his disease he sought not to the Lord, but to the physicians. 13 And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign.

Gods primary way if healing his children has never been medicine

Mark 5:25-26
25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, 26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,

Till today many people still die by doctors guess work! Medicine can't cure a demonic case. Healing through medicine is in the permissive will of God and not the perfect will.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by SirJohn(m): 12:29pm On Feb 09, 2011
Joagbaje:

You guys wont seize to amaze me, you say "no I don't get sick" Oyaks' father died of illness and they said he chose to die, what a load of crap. so going by your statement above, if truely one has been saved from sickness, he should not under any circumstance die of sickness or fall ill otherwise, his salvation is fake grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by SirJohn(m): 12:34pm On Feb 09, 2011
What killed your pastors father??
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by KunleOshob(m): 1:31pm On Feb 09, 2011
@sirjohn
These characters have been so thoroughly brain washed by Oyaks that they are now totally brain dead, they can't reason or think for themselves again. They are like zombies who depend or Oyaks and their filthy rapshody of errors for direction. That apart joe boy still needs Oyaks to put a meal on his table you know how difficult it is to sell art work in Nigeria and how lowly priced the works of obscure artist are.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Azibalua(f): 2:31pm On Feb 09, 2011
SirJohn:

What killed your pastors father??

Rumours destroy people oh,
Tell me what did you hear that they said killed him.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by nuclearboy(m): 3:00pm On Feb 09, 2011
Why ask "rumour mongers"?

Kill the rumours here quicky andd tell us what killed the man so we know. Then a small assignment - checkout the pastors, apostles etc who had cancer, diabetes, vehicle accidents etc. Please go through the list carefully and remember your pastor himself has a leg condition that causes him pain.

With that in mind, tell us illness is a choice or limited to babes so we know all the above are babes
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Joagbaje(m): 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2011
Sirjohn,
You're still making thesame mistake. You don't judge the word of God by a mans experience. Even if Jesus dies of leukaemia ! It should not destroy our faith in the word.you take the word for what it says. . So long as you judge by peoples lifestyles you'll keep mskingn thesame mistakes.

John 8:15
15 Ye judge after the flesh; 

2 Corinthians 5:16-17
16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we[ him] no more. 17 Therefore if any man[ be] in Christ,[ he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

No man should be your standard. The word of God stands sure. The stand you're taking is sadly a stand that destroys faith of people in the Word of God. Making the death of christ worthless. Even James choice of remedy was not medicine.

James 5:14-16
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess[ your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by SirJohn(m): 4:45pm On Feb 09, 2011
I rest my case grin
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Azibalua(f): 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2011
nuclearboy:

Why ask "rumour mongers"?

Kill the rumours here quicky andd tell us what killed the man so we know. Then a small assignment - checkout the pastors, apostles etc who had cancer, diabetes, vehicle accidents etc. Please go through the list carefully and remember your pastor himself has a leg condition that causes him pain.

With that in mind, tell us illness is a choice or limited to babes so we know all the above are babes

Good to know you don't have the right information whatsoever and are only trying to hear the truth from us, but you failed.
We no go talk
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by petres007(m): 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2011
SirJohn:

I rest my case grin

ROFLMHO grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by nuclearboy(m): 9:11pm On Feb 09, 2011
Azibalua:

Good to know you don't have the right information whatsoever and are only trying to hear the truth from us, but you failed.
We no go talk

We knew/know the truth and just wanted you to face it since you were in denial. Anyway, your oga here has said ANY Christian (he even said Jesus Himself since to him, Jesus is just a born again) can die of sickness which means sickness took sway in that life. Since you claim Yaks Yaps the 1st is a Christian, that means he too can die of sickness which shows this whole thread was a travesty and the original post was just another feel good story meant to excite the "multitude" with itching ears. You people should be ashamed to click <reply>

I hope your English is up to following and understanding the above since your exchange with SirJohn suggests you have a bolt loose somewhere.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by mabell: 10:21pm On Feb 09, 2011
nuclearboy:

We knew/know the truth and just wanted you to face it since you were in denial. Anyway, your oga here has said ANY Christian (he even said Jesus Himself since to him, Jesus is just a born again) can die of sickness which means sickness took sway in that life. Since you claim Yaks Yaps the 1st is a Christian, that means he too can die of sickness which shows this whole thread was a travesty and the original post was just another feel good story meant to excite the "multitude" with itching ears. You people should be ashamed to click <reply>

I hope your English is up to following and understanding the above since your exchange with SirJohn suggests you have a bolt loose somewhere.

you want to remove the sand in somebody's eyes when you have a stone in your own
where and when did joagbaje say Jesus can die of sickness
you and i know the power jesus possesses abi no be so
so why say the impossible
even if does not mean it is, that how terribly bad you twist not just scriptures but peoples minds
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by nuclearboy(m): 10:49pm On Feb 09, 2011
Joagbaje:

Sirjohn,
You're still making thesame mistake. You don't judge the word of God by [size=13pt]a mans experience[/size]. [size=13pt]Even if Jesus [/size] dies of leukaemia ! It should not destroy our faith in the word.you take the word for what it says. . So long as you judge by peoples lifestyles you'll keep mskingn thesame mistakes.

John 8:15
15 Ye judge after the flesh;

2 Corinthians 5:16-17
16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we[ him] no more. 17 Therefore if any man[ be] in Christ,[ he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

No man should be your standard. The word of God stands sure. The stand you're taking is sadly a stand that destroys faith of people in the Word of God. Making the death of christ worthless. Even James choice of remedy was not medicine.

James 5:14-16
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess[ your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Pastor Jo has told us above that

1. A[b] man[/b]'s experience is not the judge of God's Word
2. Jesus (the example used (example of WHAT? - man or what are we talking of? )) could die of leukaemia for all our author cares - that doesn't matter.

You people strain at gnats so easily. All that mattered to you was finding anything to distract issues. Face the issue

Has Jo NOT said sickness is possible? By typing THAT name, was he not trying to say ANYONE CAN FALL SICK? Has he effectively not said chris oyakilome himself can fall sick? What then does that mean for this thread and the initial post? Has your Joagbaje himself thus not said that post was garbage with his last post? Why do you think SirJjohn said "I rest my case"? Is it not because you guys stuck a gun in your mouths and pulled the trigger by yourselves?

Think through things before posting so your feet come out of your throats- thats all we say here
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by Enigma(m): 11:02pm On Feb 09, 2011
Joagbaje:

Sirjohn,
You're still making thesame mistake. You don't judge the word of God by a mans experience. Even if Jesus dies of leukaemia ! It should not destroy our faith in the word.you take the word for what it says. . So long as you judge by peoples lifestyles you'll keep mskingn thesame mistakes.

This fellow is worse than pathetic; extremely contemptible!
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by nuclearboy(m): 11:22pm On Feb 09, 2011
^^^

The allure of money has made him lose it. Church is by rote - choose a topic, see what oga chris says about it, design his "speech" and make it as dramatic as possible, practise in front of a mirror then deliver to accompanying music and fanfare on sunday. Life is good.

Except on NL where the congregation talks back and many know more than he does
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by mabell: 11:26pm On Feb 09, 2011
If you have come to believe the word of God, you will not mind what others say.
Now even if your pastor tells you something contrary to the what the bible says,
you can still stand on what the word of God says instead and have faith in God instead
So it can apply to anybody and any situation
Simple
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by inedi: 12:41am On Feb 10, 2011
Hello:Pastor KunleOshob,the shepherd, enigma ass pastor, nucleaboy, sirjohn the information unit officer and the other members of archbishop, proffesor, pop Dr kunleOshbi church of relgious teology. school of tought (sence knowledge) well am suprised at you archbishop kunleoshob that you have being a bible knowledge lecturer for such a long time and you can still talk like this. the good thing is that God Himself has told us in

Deuteronomy 30:19. it say, I call heaven and earth to record this day agaist you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefor choose life, that both thu and thy seed may live.

little wonder Apostle Paul addressed poeple like you in

Heb5:12-14, For the time te ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the Oracle of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of rightousness: [color=#006600]for he is a babe. But srong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil

Heb 6:1-2, therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Chist, let us go on untor perfection; not laying again the foudation of repentance from dead works, and faith towaed God, of thr doctrine of baptisms, laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.[/color]

well if you are still srugling with divin health, it might intrst you to know that does are foudational doctrine of christ, the bible even say healing are the childrens bread, may be you are still in the incubator. Grow up man,and your brethren
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by newmi(m): 2:13pm On Feb 10, 2011
nuclearboy:

^^^

The allure of money has made him lose it. Church is by rote - choose a topic, see what oga chris says about it, design his "speech" and make it as dramatic as possible, practise in front of a mirror then deliver to accompanying music and fanfare on sunday. Life is good.

Except on NL where the congregation talks back and many know more than he does

bonboi is that what you think- prove positive-small mind Gbam! grin because if that is a picture of what you foolishly thing CEC pastors have being doing then you are wrong my boy otherwise how can you explain the crowd and soundness of teaching simultaneously obtainable in every CEC church in the world even in campuses among students. Look you have no idea who and what you are dealing with. This people even to the least of them are more sound in doctrine that you could ever imagine even if God grants you a thousand years to live. For instance l have quoted scriptures that you could only in your dream imagine but because you don't study your bible with a broken and contrite spirit hungry and thirsty for God to learn and to be improved by the word rather you read only to win arguments SHAME TO YOU AND TO THE HOST OF YOUR COMPATRIOTS and bad news kid- THERE AN'T NO STOPPING US NOW WE'R ON THE MOVE WHPPPPPPSgrin grin
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by newmi(m): 3:47pm On Feb 10, 2011
@nuclearbonboi, SirJohn, Kuns kuns and the likes of them
Why are your minds so narrow, myopic and small that you cannot contemplate the bigger picture of God's divine agenda and purpose nobody said sickness is not a natural body occurrence especially with several factors responsible for it ably overseen and regulated by the god of this world's system but what l and the others of my kind are saying is that in Christ Jesus God has made a provision for a man to live a life beyond suffering from sickness or diseases. How is that hard for you to assimilate and articulate?

Galasians 4:1-7
"Now l say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed if the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent froth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law. To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then heir of God through Christ."
Question! Have any of you guys ever read this before? if you have then what thoughts permeated your minds when you did?

The apostle paul draws a line of correlation between the ancient practises of great kings in raising a successor amongst their children how that though a heir, a child is given to tutors and governors to be raised a future king otherwise he remains nothing different from a servant and the experience of the immature Christian (GRK-nepios) being in bondage (Grk-douloo: meaning to enslave literally or figuratively, to become a servant) under the elements (the principle and rudiments) of this world.
What is so hard for you guys to understand that all you do is defend you foolishness and ignorance or just a note of concern are your Christian experiences so substandard pitiful that you do believe you could still change no, what a minute see, it’s not about winning an non-lucrative, non-awarding and unprofitable argument no its more than that; who cares what you think about what,, for all l care keep it to yourself, but you see its about being all that God has called us being and doing all that God has called us to be and do on the earth.

Because
Roman 8:19

"For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God"

note not the Nepios (Immature child) because no king would risk that because the child is not trained but for the Huios 9the adopted son who has come into fulness of age and maturity. Jesus said we would do things he did and even greater things we would do not because we are greater or better than him like some people want to frame and misrepresent us fro reason bet known to them (never) but because He said "---l go to the Father---", meaning that l've left the stage its your turn, if l'd stay any longer l'd do more but you are the continuity of my days and the pro-longivity of my reign

Isaiah 9:6-7
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgement and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of the LORD of host will perform this"

Note unto us A CHILD IS BORN but unto us ASON IS GIVEN
If we keep on like this when are we going to fully start doing those greater things. Selah thank you
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by KunleOshob(m): 3:54pm On Feb 10, 2011
newmi:

bonboi is that what you think- prove positive-small mind Gbam! grin because if that is a picture of what you foolishly thing CEC pastors have being doing then you are wrong my boy otherwise how can you explain the crowd and soundness of teaching simultaneously obtainable in every CEC church in the world even in campuses among students. Look you have no idea who and what you are dealing with. This people even to the least of them are more sound in doctrine that you could ever imagine even if God grants you a thousand years to live. For instance l have quoted scriptures that you could only in your dream imagine but because you don't study your bible with a broken and contrite spirit hungry and thirsty for God to learn and to be improved by the word rather you read only to win arguments SHAME TO YOU AND TO THE HOST OF YOUR COMPATRIOTS and bad news kid- THERE AN'T NO STOPPING US NOW WE'R ON THE MOVE WHPPPPPPSgrin grin

What nonsense is newmumu ranting above CEC pastors sound   Is that why Oyaks consistently and routinely embarass himself shamelessly by the shallow and twisted teachings he spews out on National and global T.V   Even we have an example of a CEC pastor right here on nairaland and i have lost count of the numerous number of times he has been caught pants down twisting the scriptures and expressing a very shallow and distorted knowledge of the scriptures. The only reason why you have a crowd is becos your pastor preaches what appeals to the delusion of his gullible followers and have developed itchy ears. Nobody that has a sound knowledge of scriptures would ever consider listening to Oyaks or any of his robots in his business branches.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by free123: 4:47pm On Feb 10, 2011
@newmi
when u boast of the number of customers in ur church, it shows that u are the most easily deceived fellow in the world. Do u pull crowd more than JZ, DR DRE or Eminem who are in the same line of business with u?
Real christians cannot boast of the number of members they have cos they know that broad is the way that leads to eternal condemnation and multitude (just like in ur business empire with noisy and belligerent uncountable customers) are found in it.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by mabell: 4:56pm On Feb 10, 2011
@Newmi
they don't believe in tithing and offerings, they don't believe in divine health, they don't believe in prosperity and speaking in tongues so what do you believe in

[color=#770077] They know not, neither do they understand; They walk to and fro in darkness: All the foundations of the earth are shaken
Psalms 82:5 (ASV)

They know not, neither do they consider: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot understand.
Isaiah 44:18 (ASV)

[/color]
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by nuclearboy(m): 5:09pm On Feb 10, 2011
We know God heals but not as a show and definitely not to make money.

We believe in Tongues, real tongues and not riceandbeansthatgirlsboobsarenic.

We witness by our lives and people wonder and ask why our own christianity is so alive and beneficial. We do not think witnessing is talking to men and sleeping with them then saying "shebi you said you love me, Oya lets go to my church". Sure they follow and clap but what's on their minds is bed after the service - children of hell converting to like and making worse.

We prosper because God has been gracious and kind to us and taught us to prosper. He gave us the grace. We do NOT believe we must prosper because its our right knowing that whist the child of God has rights, primarily they remain a gift. So we will not claim what is not explicitly ours but rather, thank God for good gifts.

We believe in good works but NOT to be seen of men. Our offerings are quiet, anonymous and we get blessed. You boast of your financial gifts and have got your reward by people saying "wow, he tried". Still like your progeny.
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by mabell: 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2011
@Nuclearboy,
1. i don't remember paying for any of my miracles
2.so which is the real tongue
3.What do you mean by your own Christianity
4.If prosperity is a good gift given to you by God how come you still say it's not yours
5.If i make my offering open, ok how much is my offering then, who says i don't get blessed too
The reason why we go through the stress of talking and giving examples is because you are all doubting thomases who despite claims of being christians do not believe in the power of God
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by nuclearboy(m): 7:35pm On Feb 10, 2011
@mabell:

1. Satan is intelligent - he will not ask you directly to pay for miracles. Rather, he will tell you the "Gospel" requires financing. He will tell you your giving shows faith. He will tell you such gifts are for your own good. Then he will collect and say he''s using it for good. Does that remind you of the Apostles? Or is it your pastor it reminds you of?

2. Tongues were spoken publicly how many times in the Bible? What advice did Paul give those who speak by the Spirit of God? Communing with God privately differs from noise-making. When you follow the Biblical injunctions, people will take you serious. For now, its the Pharisee Syndrome of "make dem see me sef". That mindset does not worship God.

3. Christianity is a way of life. It is not membership of a church or congregation. Neither is it Atmosphere for miracles or kabashing. Salt sweetens. We make life easier for all we encounter, solve their problems, empower them (not share ROR or bags of rice to them) by teaching them with example of our lives how to overcome challenges and problems. We SHOW the glory of God in ourselves. I don't care if you are christian - if you need help, here it is and not that you must come to my/our church or do anything. And I won't take photos of me doing good. That is christianity.

4. I prosper because God chose that part of my service to His creation be financial. I support ministries and God gives me because He knows what I will do with resources entrusted to me. Just as capitalism drives progress, what you'll do with resources and God's plan for you drives your financial, social, mental and health prosperity. If you are meant to be a field missionary, God will equip with strength and compassion. But you may not have cash. If you are to counsel, God will bless with experience but maybe not money. If His desire is that you help orphans, the poor etc, you may be blessed financially. None of the above is lower than another since they are equipped for their God chosen duties. What is wrong and a travesty is making people believe all must have money, and have health and have strength and have longlife. Simple reason disproves that rubbish - cannot God have made us all the same? So why are some muslim and others atheist and some Christian? God is deeper than the shallowness that excites crowds whist nothing changes.

5. LOL - how much was the offering of the Pharisee Jesus spoke about? I don't need to know the exact amount but Jo is always making noise about how he sowed a Prado and when someone gave him 20k and he sowed 5k. Plus he is always saying we are stingy and not givers etc. Compare to the Pharisee Christ spoke of who boasted of all the "good" he did and how he was not like those sinners. Tell me the difference between Jo and that Pharisee. According to Christ's Words, let him too be judged.

Now, the problem between us is really very simple - you people jump to lecture and make claims but forget the command to be gentle as a dove and wise as a serpent. Slow down, don't swallow everything you hear, defend God's Word rather than any man's interpretation of it. That's why your people all ran away from Donnies thread - because you were not defending truth but were defending what your pastor said. And finally, stop thinking anyone hates Oyakilome - if it was my earthly father saying the wrong thing, I'd do the same. Many threads and sermons Jo posted here were left alone not because of anything but because what Yaks said was right.

But as long as you believe EVERYTHING a man says is right, there will be dissent. And as it stands, CE is losing every argument and face before the world. Slowly, the toll will become higher
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by inedi: 9:54pm On Feb 10, 2011
nuclearboy:

@mabell:

1. Satan is intelligent - he will not ask you directly to pay for miracles. Rather, he will tell you the "Gospel" requires financing. He will tell you your giving shows faith. He will tell you such gifts are for your own good. Then he will collect and say he''s using it for good. Does that remind you of the Apostles? Or is it your pastor it reminds you of?

2. Tongues were spoken publicly how many times in the Bible? What advice did Paul give those who speak by the Spirit of God? Communing with God privately differs from noise-making. When you follow the Biblical injunctions, people will take you serious. For now, its the Pharisee Syndrome of "make dem see me sef". That mindset does not worship God

1. and you are as inteligent as satan, and as a co- horst you speake evil against men of God. the bible call him the accuser of the brethren, so are you.

2. did you not read in the bible in (Act 2) that the early church when they got filled with the holy spirit and started speaking in tongues, even though they were in an upstire, people passing head them and called them drunk, not till peter tought them aright. you can call it a noise because you have never had the experience, and you will never have, you critic

Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by mabell: 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2011
@Nuclearboy
1. he does not need to tell me the gospel needs financing, i already know that good and big projects need financinng
2. so which one is the real tongue?
3. when we give out Rhapsody, we give out the word of God and at the same time we cannot preach the gospel and allow people go hungry,we rather feed them

But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat.
 And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes.
  He said, Bring them hither to me.
And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.
mark 14:16-20

17 He saith unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep
John 21:16-17 (ASV)

4. The teaching of all having health and money and strength, i am not sorry to say remains the truth. ok, sell all your properties and disburse all your fund to the motherless and orphans and then continue to live your life like that

The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly
John 10:10 (ASV)

All the above are in the package called eternal life. You don't just admire the wrap on the gift, you open it to see the content

5.leave joagbaje out of this, im the one asking a question here, i mean, common
Amusingly enough, i don't believe anything i hear, i follow after the word

'But as long as you believe EVERYTHING a man says is right, there will be dissent. And as it stands, CE is losing every argument and face before the world. Slowly, the toll will become higher'

You got it wrong here again, its the other way round, CEC is gaining more ground world over

15 And he said to them, Go into all the world, and give the good news to everyone. 16 He who has faith and is given baptism will get salvation; but he who has not faith will be judged. 17 And these signs will be with those who have faith: in my name they will send out evil spirits; and they will make use of new languages; 18 They will take up snakes, and if there is poison in their drink, it will do them no evil; they will put their hands on those who are ill, and they will get well.
Mark 16:15-18 (BBE)

i think we are just following the great commission, we no get choice than to spread our tentacles and well too
Re: Pastor Chris oyakhilome: Don’t Excuse Sickness! by newmi(m): 10:39pm On Feb 10, 2011
free123:

@newmi
when u boast of the number of customers in your church, it shows that u are the most easily deceived fellow in the world. Do u pull crowd more than JZ, DR DRE or Eminem who are in the same line of business with u?
Real christians cannot boast of the number of members they have cos they know that broad is the way that leads to eternal condemnation and multitude (just like in your business empire with noisy and belligerent uncountable customers) are found in it.
Calm down and don't be too quick to respond first on impact, we have a reference book so let your response be the scripture

Matthew 4:25
"And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judea, and from beyond Jodan"
Now this is Jesus

Luke 6:17
"And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a greayt multitude of people out of all Judea and Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their diseases"
Matthew 13:2
"And great multitudes were gathered unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore"
Matthew 15:30
"And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, build, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them"
Note the author didn't say "---and God healed them----" rather he specifically said "----and he(Jesus) healed them---" now Jesus was as much Human as he was divine and Pilate called him"---behold the man Christ Jesus---"

Mark 1:33-34nd37
"And all the city was gathered together at the door And he healed many that were sick of devils; and suffered not the devils to speak, because they knew him. And when they had found him, they said unto him, ALL MEN SEEK FOR THEE"
Mark 2:15
"And he went forth again by the sea side; and ALL THE MULTITUDE resorted unto him, and he taught them"

THIS IS JESUS
You people should listen to yourselves a man driven by a passion for souls to turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to righteousness is getting stadiums all over the world packed out for Jesus other than for vanity events like sports and concerts and all you failures can say is this------------------has anyone among you filled his or her living room for Jesus? Anyway based on scripture we know people like this they don't win souls coz anyone who is a genuine soul winner will be glad that the biggest venues in the world are filled up for Jesus.

L was so glad the very first time l heard of the Living Faith(Winners Chapel) structure which is a master piece of architectural beauty all over the world and several others when l hear and see their exploit in the faith for the gospel, for Jesus and for the universal church am excited and convinced that the voice of the church heralding the message of Jesus Christ is continuously being amplified.

THINK AGAIN AND THIS TIME THINK THE BIBLE WAY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"You May Kiss The Bride" Should Be For Only Virgins. / Is It True That The Word "LOVE" Is Not In The Quran? / Atheist Please Educate Me On The Existence And Potency Of African Voodoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.