Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,367 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] (68985 Views)

More Remarkable Moments in The Wildlife [photos] / Baby killing and Cannibalism in the animal world. / Animal World: Surviving The Savannah And Jungle [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by pocohantas(f): 6:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
ThierryJay:

That's because male lions have a higher natural protective instinct of their pride especially against hyenas. The females mainly focus on fending for the pride.

But Poco, I didn't you know you were an avid follower of the animal species. Nice to know you've got eclectic interests.

On a lighter note, one of your earlier posts sounded like you were trying to defend female lion species as you are inclined to for human females. I was like "you don carry the mata enter animal domain shoo?

I feel lions are overhyped, in fact they are. Any attempt to give them more honor than they deserve would be countered by me. On their own they ain’t shit. All of them, male and female alike. The females are at least more useful to the pride.

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by uzoma213(m): 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
... STAY STRONG DUDE, IT WILL SOON BE OVER.
Eat first, kill later grin
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by ashawopikin(m): 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
WELCOME TO THE DEAD END, HIPPO kiss
inspirational speakers will be like" hold on, don't give up"

2 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by BobbyShmurda007: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
Photoshop keeYou there .. angryPhotoshop keeYou there ..
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Skepticus: 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
Grandmeister:

It’s a pangolin..it will roll into a ball and hide it’s vulnerable underneath..dint think it’s on those lions menu..unless they’re are dead starving.

If they aren't starving, they would play around with it and let it be.

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by bishopmc(m): 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
Beautiful..

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by brainhgeek(m): 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
KEELBACK: THIS IS A SNAKE YOU SHOULDN'T EAT AT ALL. IF IT BITES YOU ARE GONE, IF YOU EAT IT FAREWELL! LALA TAKE NOTE

Impressive compilation.
However, keelbacks are non-venomous snakes.

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by AfonjaConehead: 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
HITsquad:
The Pack of dogs attacking a lion got me! The KING OF THE JUNGLE at that!

It shows togetherness is strength.

Even a herd of goat can scare the shit out of a lion if they could stick together and face him... The only reason lions succeed in killing those preys is that they always run off and scattered individually when they Sense a prediator!

This is a life lesson, grab it people...

I get your point but trust me,dem no born those wild dogs well to try that shyyyyt with the male lion.
Even a pack of hyena won't dare

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Zimri(m): 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2020
brainhgeek:

Impressive compilation.
However, keelbacks are non-venomous snakes.

THANKS!✌️

2 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by ThierryJay: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2020
pocohantas:

I feel lions are overhyped, in fact they are. Any attempt to give them more honor than they deserve would be countered by me. On their own they ain’t shit. All of them, male and female alike. The females are at least more useful to the pride.

Classic Poco! the female of the species is deadlier than the male.

I would tend to agree with you about lions being generally overhyped. Personally, I prefer to rank each wild animal's strength/how dangerous based on how they would fare INDIVIDUALLY when faced with challenges/opposition and not what they achieve collectively. My individual ranking would go like this:

Elephant>Rhino>Hippo> Bengal Tiger>African buffalo>Jaguar>Lion=Polar/Grizzly bear>crocodile>Leopard/panther>Cougar>Hyena>Wolf>Cheetah>Ocelot>Wild dog>jackals/fox and the rest

Collectively, the winner would be wild dogs/dingos, then hyenas, lions, buffalos and wolves

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by lhawarl1(m): 6:23pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
SPEED IS VERY IMPORTANT HERE
speed and endurance is important... painted dog hunt by chasing their prey till exhaustion.. so if you are fast,
not a problem for them .. they will keep chasing till u cant run anymore, they have pretty good stamina

10 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by pocohantas(f): 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2020
Omoluabi16:
'mostly whites of course' don't throw stones oh. grin Na only to chop we sabi.
Like the one I saw about spiders last night.Some of these guys are so dedicated they follow the tiniest creatures. Im not sure its that lucrative, its just passion for them. I'll check out those names. Thanks

Lol. I don’t think it is lucrative at first for most of them and you know people volunteer all the time.
Most are whites, then we have lots of East Africans that are very passionate about wildlife.

All we know here na to chop na. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by lomprico(m): 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2020
Best thread all year, thanks Zimri!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by lomprico(m): 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2020
lhawarl1:

speed and endurance is important... painted dog hunt by chasing their prey till exhaustion.. so if you are fast,
not a problem for them .. they will keep chasing till u cant run anymore, they have pretty good stamina

very true

2 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by pocohantas(f): 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
ThierryJay:

Classic Poco! the female of the species is deadlier than the male.

I would tend to agree with you about lions being generally overhyped. Personally, I prefer to rank each wild animal's strength/how dangerous based on how they would fare INDIVIDUALLY when faced with challenges/opposition and not what they achieve collectively. My individual ranking would go like this:

Elephant>Rhino>Hippo> Bengal Tiger>African buffalo>Jaguar>Lion=Polar/Grizzly bear>crocodile>Leopard/panther>Cougar>Hyena>Wolf>Cheetah>Ocelot>Wild dog>jackals/fox and the rest

Collectively, the winner would be wild dogs/dingos, then hyenas, lions, buffalos and wolves

I never said they are deadlier, I said they are more useful and of course they are. You ranking is up to you.
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Skepticus: 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2020
Korllami007:

Hardly can you see them being killed or chased unlike the hyenas and Lion because they don't hunt in pack, they hunt in community. You can see like 20 to 30 of them at once. grin grin

The real 1 million boys grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by ThierryJay: 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
pocohantas:

I never said they are deadlier, I said they are more useful and of course they are. You ranking is up to you.

My bad, you didn't get me. The "female of the species is more deadly than the male" part in my comment is a popular phrase/proverb used when circumstances warrant so. I only tried to relate it to what you were saying about male lions being deadbeat!
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by clarkmos15(m): 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
... tongue tongue
i watched this on Nat Geo wild... the crocodile still escaped
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by pocohantas(f): 6:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
ThierryJay:

My bad, you didn't get me. The "female of the species is more deadly than the male" part in my comment is a popular phrase/proverb used when circumstances warrant so. I only tried to relate it to what you were saying about male lions being deadbeat!

Now I get you, but I do not know if the lioness is actually deadlier than the lion. I just know the lion is not as powerful as people make it to be. I’ll put the jaguar and tiger above the lion. Lions are just more graceful.
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Bbbwings: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
LALA GOT A SPITTING FRIEND grin
Guy you funny grin grin

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by PrincessB1(f): 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:

cheesy
Soak the meat inside potash and the Poison will be gone

Wow grin

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by AfonjaConehead: 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
MYZOLE:

It's a doggy dog world
It's a crazy mixed up world,
It's a doggy dogg world,it's a doggy dogg world.... grin
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by TheAmbasador(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
LOST BUT FOUND! MISSING LEG-HOOF grin grin

At all at all, nothing bad ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Zimri(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
PrincessB1:

Wow grin

NO GO TRY AM OOO... MAY THE PEACE OF GOD BE WITH YOU grin
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by ThierryJay: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Now I get you, but I do not know if the lioness is actually deadlier than the lion. I just know the lion is not as powerful as people make it to be. I’ll put the jaguar and tiger above the lion. Lions are just more graceful.

If you checked my ranking, you'd notice I put the tiger and jaguar as more dangerous than the lion.

It's just that Lions with their mane appear majestic and coupled with their confidence, this magnifies their strength and contributes to their regal status.

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by UDUJ(m): 6:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

There's nothing like a domesticated lion.
PerfectlyPerfect:

Elephants are also found in the wild in Asia. Their elephants have smaller ears than ours. Lions are also found in Asia. They're called Asiatic lions
PerfectlyPerfect:

Male lions hardly hunt. Their main duty is protecting the pride from outsiders and procreation. It doesn't mean they can't hunt, they'll assist the females in bringing down larger prey. Majority of the hunting is done by females
PerfectlyPerfect:

It's usually 3 or 4 hyenas to 1 lioness, but the male lion always tips the balance in favour of the lions
PerfectlyPerfect:

Venomous means it needs to be injected directly into your bloodstream though the skin while poisonous means it'll cause harm when eaten.
That particular snake gets it poison from the poisonous frogs which are it's primary diet
PerfectlyPerfect:

They need to start eating their prey very fast because they're usually chased from their kill by larger predators. African wild dogs lose up to 70% of their prey to other animals

Thanks for impacting your knowledge of wildlife cool
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by DonX001: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
Great thread.
Fascinating pics.
The commentary/captions make it all the more interesting, almost even more than the pics themselves.

Good job Zimri.

It would be good to link to the source too, for due credits. You can do that in the OP.

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Kazim88: 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2020
Okiibe:

Please, I have been uncomfortable since I heard of the clam that male Lion does not hunt, but the Lionness does the hunting.

Is that claim true?

True. Male Lions just fight of other male lion to be in charge.
Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by blessedchild234(m): 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
Zimri:
THIS WHAT IS A GREEDY PAL LOOKS LIKE!
I dont know if its necessary, but do you mean "THIS IS WHAT A GREEDY PAL LOOKS LIKE"?
Great thread by the way.
The pack of lion lookin a that armadillo like "this one fit sweet well well oh."

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Lordswazz(m): 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2020
Huna don carry hactivism henter here too. Abeg, make we just henjoy the thread in peace.

1 Like

Re: Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] by Romangalactic(m): 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Lions more graceful than Tigers and Jaguars? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities / List Of JAMB Cut-Off Marks For All Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges / History: When Black Men Ruled The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.