Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

God Is Actually Useless - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Actually Useless (1403 Views)

Pls Help! A Church Is About To Render My Brother Useless / The Story Of The Edo Pastor Who Was Accused Of Rituals Is Actually False / Apostle Suleman To Buhari: ‘Your EndSARS Speech Was Useless, Insensitive’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is Actually Useless by FatherOfJesus: 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
How can you call me useless? Omo ale

1 Like

Re: God Is Actually Useless by TimeTraveler369: 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
GodHead85:
As a matter a fact the universe started without a God’s help.

Do we absolutely know what caused the Big Bang?

Do we know for absolutely sure this is not the only universe?

We do know how old it is if we work backward to the size it would have been a certain number of billions of years ago. If we could somehow go back the whole 13.8 billion years we might have an idea what caused it to expand the way which it did. We might also find out if anything was possibly here before the Big Bang.

We can with the information we do have prove that it didn’t happen in six days suddenly everything was here, and earth would nearly be the center of the universe.

But the problem with that is earth is 4.5 billion years old and the the universe is 13.8 billion years old. The universe existed like over 9 billion years longer than our side of the universe.

Humans have existed on earth what is it, 50 million years or something?

In the beginning god created the heavens and the earth. It reads like humans were first, except there were many creatures here way before we evolved. How does anyone believe what Christians call the good book or holy book, when there’s no accuracy to anything in it? It is true that the universe had a period of rapid expansion as it would take more than 13.8 billion years to reach out like what is it, 35 billion light years in every direction? Or is it more? This universe is huge and did from what some scientists say somehow expanded faster than anything can travel within it. Expanded into where I don’t know. If fact there’s a lot I have no idea about when it comes to this universe and those answers may never come either but the answers are not in the Holy Bible, the Christian bible. That piece of junk pretty much puts us as first and that’s just not true.

In fact I have only bits and pieces of an understanding of it all, and don’t believe it will all be discovered in my lifetime. Could get froze for awhile like Larry King says he wants cryogenically frozen. I don’t understand that one bit but at least we agree there’s probably no god, and nothing after death.

@ GodHead85

You are right about one thing, and that is your signature; 'we all go a little mad sometimes'.

If you want to talk, ignore all those who insult you, cos I know you are just an NPC trying so hard to rationalize the existence of Deity based on the fact-sets you have been programmed with by the dogmatic Religion called Classical Sciences.

But there is something great, atleast one thing great about Newtonian Physics - that Energy can not be created nor destroyed, but can be converted from one form to another.

And it seems to sync with what Classical Mosaic Religions of Islam, Christianism and Judaism state - That God has no beging nor end, but can change forms.

Do they sound familiar?

It would have taken years for the you as Self, the Observer to connect the dots of your neurotransmission to deduce a simple fact that Energy had to come from somewhere and by extension that God had to come from somewhere. Call that the Source of Energy, may the Source of God too?

And something had to 'Cause' the Source to pulsate the energy vibration, so we can call that the Cause of the Source of Energy?

The Big Bang sounds like it was not really a BIG bang, seems it was a Power Button that was turned on, and everything in the Observable Universe Began and Time began to tick - as in Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock -

Sounds like we have Energy, God and then a Super Programmer that designs Systems and Processes within a Simulated Reality.

There is certainly a Programmer, and he designed Gods, Godesses, Mankind, Angels, Demons and all other entities like Goats, Cows and Sheep.

The question is, are you a Sheep or a Goat ?
Re: God Is Actually Useless by Ghostrye: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2020
Tamaratonye5:
Only Ice cream... Only Ice cream
I was leaning towards red wine with a touch of shayo
Re: God Is Actually Useless by budaatum: 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
Tamaratonye5:

Please watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6nNvw55C4
I watched this twice when you first posted it and tried watching it again before this response but could only get to the 3:30 mark.

What I love about science is its ability to make one reflect. Its why the scientist in the video does not make the error the 'scientists' who wrote the Bible made. Unlike them, he states clearly at the beginning and all the way through "what we know for sure", and says when he's speculating, which he assures us is about anything 10-13 seconds after time = 0, ("14 hours, after he was born", he called it), so I can't see why you'd present this as time = -1, as in prior to the big bang, unless you've suddenly gone religious on me and believe the gospel according to the youtube video you posted, which clearly would be a misunderstanding of said gospel since its presenter carefully separates what is known from speculation.

Do note that I am not myself claiming to know what existed prior to time = -1. Just that something tells me bangs do not come out of nothing, and most especially not big ones.

1 Like

Re: God Is Actually Useless by xproducer: 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
God’s Wrath on Unrighteousness

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen." - Romans 1:18-25
Re: God Is Actually Useless by Tamaratonye5(f): 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
budaatum:

I watched this twice when you first posted it and tried watching it again before this response but could only get to the 3:30 mark.

What I love about science is its ability to make one reflect. Its why the scientist in the video does not make the error the 'scientists' who wrote the Bible made. Unlike them, he states clearly at the beginning and all the way through "what we know for sure", and says when he's speculating, which he assures us is about anything 10-13 seconds after time = 0, ("14 hours, after he was born", he called it), so I can't see why you'd present this as time = -1, as in prior to the big bang, unless you've suddenly gone religious on me and believe the gospel according to the youtube video you posted, which clearly would be a misunderstanding of said gospel since its presenter carefully separates what is known from speculation.

Do note that I am not myself claiming to know what existed prior to time = -1. Just that something tells me bangs do not come out of nothing, and most especially not big ones.
Yes but whatever that something is, science can not identify. Science also can not completely rule out a deity, but hasn’t found any evidence that one exists either. If science does find that a god exists, I dont know if it will be any of the gods people believe in today.

Science and physics can not prove a soul exists either, and nothing has proved that consciousness can exist outside the brain. So once the brain dies that’s probably it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Is Actually Useless by Tamaratonye5(f): 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
How can you call me useless? Omo ale
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: God Is Actually Useless by budaatum: 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2020
Tamaratonye5:

Yes but whatever that something is, science can not identify. Science also can not completely rule out a deity, but hasn’t found any evidence that one exists either. If science does find that a god exists, I dont know if it will be any of the gods people believe in today.

Science and physics can not prove a soul exists either, and nothing has proved that consciousness can exist outside the brain. So once the brain dies that’s probably it.
I am in no way claiming anything whatsoever about a deity or a soul, Tamaratonye5. I am simply pointing out the error of treating science like religious people treat their holy books.

The fact is we do not know what might have existed prior to the big bang, and science, or rather, humans have not yet used their scientific abilities to look so far back, which is why good scientists like the one in your video will always say "as far as we know". But claiming there was nothing to go bang is the invocation of Gods.
Re: God Is Actually Useless by Starbound(m): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
Playthepianos:
Lol. Now tell me, what caused the big bang?

How did the cause come into existence?

Now don't forget the laws of thermodynamics:
matter can neither be created nor destroyed. It's scientists and atheists like you that propounded the law.

My question is, if truly matter can neither be created nor destroyed, as accepted worldwide, how come there was a big bang? What created the elements and compounds that resulted nto the big bang?

GodHead85

I've been seeing your post about matter can't be created nor destroyed but you need to understand that big bang isn't breaking the fundamental law of physics, which is the conservative law. Let me explain how the universe gets around your problem.
You need to know that gravitational energy is negative which is a consequence of the fact, that the energy of a closed universe is zero and it's mathematically proven. The energy of matter is positive, the energy of gravitation is negative, and they always add up to zero. Therefore, creating a closed universe out of nothing does not violate any conservation laws.
Plus you need to know that the universe is still expanding which proves big bang.
Existence of black holes further supports big bang.
Re: God Is Actually Useless by Starbound(m): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
Re: God Is Actually Useless by Starbound(m): 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
To the biblical Zealot, You need to understand that it's mathematically impossible to create The Universe and Everything in it in just 6 days. That story is not realistic
Re: God Is Actually Useless by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 17, 2021
Starbound:

I've been seeing your post about matter can't be created nor destroyed but you need to understand that big bang isn't breaking the fundamental law of physics, which is the conservative law. Let me explain how the universe gets around your problem.
You need to know that gravitational energy is negative which is a consequence of the fact, that the energy of a closed universe is zero and it's mathematically proven. The energy of matter is positive, the energy of gravitation is negative, and they always add up to zero. Therefore, creating a closed universe out of nothing does not violate any conservation laws.
Plus you need to know that the universe is still expanding which proves big bang.
Existence of black holes further supports big bang.

The universe is not anyone's creation

Nothing cannot exist
Re: God Is Actually Useless by orisa37: 10:52am On Oct 17, 2021
BECAUSE YOU ARE USELESS.
Re: God Is Actually Useless by xproducer: 11:24am On Oct 17, 2021
"But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” - Matthew 12:36-37
Re: God Is Actually Useless by orunto27: 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2021
Uselessness is part of Darkness from where Light come. God keeps Darkness and Uselessness apart for Satan's regular use. So God is Useful, Good and Lively always.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? / African Thoughts/proverbs In The Bible. / Arguments Against God With All Due Respect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.