Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? (1407 Views)

Here's Why I Choose To Remain In COZA - Lady / The Christian(s) Vs Atheist(s) Debate Will Never End... And Is A Waste Of Time / It’s Better To Be Atheist Than Hypocritical Christian — Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Wilddove(m): 10:14am On Jan 18, 2022
God is real//modified.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by LordReed(m): 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2022

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
Wilddove:

How can someone delibrately deny the existence of God? the truth is that no one just woke up one morning and decided to become an atheist. It takes extensive time for concealed truth to be known, believe it or not there is no proveable evidence for the existence God, if you think am lying provide your evidence on this thread lets deal with it.
Nobody deliberately choose to believe in God!
It takes time to be fully convinced that there is an invisible mighty spirit being somewhere.
But when it comes to evidence then we have to be open minded before we can see reasons why others choose to believe (trust) in either the existence of God or themselves! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by adoyi8: 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
Atheism wasnt a choice to me. I begged God to help me stop having doubt but it was too late because I had eaten the forbidden fruit of knowledge. I later realised that forcing myself to believe in God after what I knew was like a child forcing himself to crawl after learning to walk so I set myself free and never turned back that was when everything made sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Wilddove(m): 4:36pm On Jan 18, 2022
[quote author=MaxInDHouse post=109478427]
It takes time to be fully convinced that there is an invisible mighty spirit being somewhere.
But when it comes to evidence then we have to open minded before we can see reasons why others choose to believe (trust) in either the existence of God or themselves! smiley[/quote i believe you were born a christian, and you are a christian because your parents are christians not because you were convinced to believe in God
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Wilddove(m): 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2022
adoyi8:
Atheism wasnt a choice to me. I begged God to help me stop having doubt but it was too late because I had eaten the forbidden fruit of knowledge. I later realised that forcing myself to believe in God after what I knew was like a child forcing himself to crawl after learning to walk so I set myself free and never turned back that was when everything made sense.
so many religions people thinks that being an atheist is a choice.
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2022
Wilddove:

i believe you were born a christian, and you are a christian because your parents are christians not because you were convinced to believe in God.

The highlighted proved that i am right because i was born, bread and raised a Muslim.

So don't just conclude that it's what the parents handed over to the child that everyone love doing till they die.
I began believing in God when i first heard of "CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS" as a Muslim i see Christians as bunch of hypocrites and liars because Jesus never raised a weapon against anyone be it friend or foe.
So when i heard of CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS i was totally confused. Then i began searching for this army to know their mode of operations and the weapons they are using.
As a soldier i know that our primary duty is not to KILL but DISARM the enemies, killing becomes the last option when the enemies will neither surrender or retreat.
So i wanted to know how the CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS will disarm their enemies without bloodshed but it's like there is never going to be an army that will fight like Jesus: PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE!

I was beginning to loose faith in God and then i found the CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS!
They are disarming their enemies and turning them into brothers and sisters in the same faith. Unlike our own mode of operations they will not raise a weapon against anyone but win the battle through psychological weapons (reasoning with their enemies)
Normally the CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS will win all forms of battle but then their principal enemy Satan is using a means that's unprofessional in the military.
NO NEGOTIATION!
The Christians are prepared to negotiate with anyone and what makes it easier for them to soften the hearts of any enemy?
They are prepared to allow the enemies rule over them as long as you will permit them to continue worshiping their God. As they keep on their psychological warfare the enemies won't even know that they're fighting against them. How? Because they will not confront the enemies using force or weapons rather they will continue using the weapon they knew best God's Word (Bible)

With all these i can't just close my eyes to the fact that Jesus truly is a mighty spirit King as he's gathering millions of victims from different races throughout the earth and making them his subjects as they vow never to raise weapons against anyone again! Isaiah 2:2-4

They are known as JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:23pm On Jan 18, 2022
Wilddove:
How can someone deliberately deny the existence of God? the truth is that no one just woke up one morning and decided to become an atheist. It takes extensive time for concealed truth to be known, believe it or not there is no proveable evidence for the existence God, if you think am lying provide your evidence on this thread lets deal with it.

Go and look for old threads where we Proved God's existence and all your brothers in foolishness fell silent and started running all over the place abandoning the stupid question as they started seeing that he'll and lake of fire had opened their mouths to swallow them
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2022
Wilddove:
How can someone deliberately deny the existence of God? the truth is that no one just woke up one morning and decided to become an atheist. It takes extensive time for concealed truth to be known, believe it or not there is no proveable evidence for the existence God, if you think am lying provide your evidence on this thread lets deal with it.

Go and look for old threads where we Proved God's existence and all your brothers in foolishness fell silent and started running all over the place abandoning the stupid question as they started seeing that he'll and lake of fire had opened their mouths to swallow them.

So this one you are new, Nothing for you.

Right now we are just waiting for God to Come.

We do not mind all fools dying after all it is their own life they choose to kill. What is our own there?
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

But when it comes to evidence then we have to open minded before we can see reasons why others choose to believe (trust) in either the existence of God or themselves! smiley

What are saying max?

Did they not clearly tell us that they became atheist because they did not want to kill themselves because God Rejected them?

So they need a place of belonging before they die God's Destruction!
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

What are saying max?
Did they not clearly tell us that they became atheist because they did not want to kill themselves because God Rejected them?
So they need a place of belonging before they die God's Destruction!

Please try to maintain your lane now because this is the place where we have to clear matters.
You and i aren't on the same page!
You and i aren't worshiping the same God!

So answer whatever question they're asking you in the name of your own God while i do the same thing but in the name of our God: the God of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:53pm On Jan 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Please try to maintain your lane now because this is the place where we have to clear matters.

So answer whatever question they're asking you in the name of your own God while i do the same thing but in the name of our God: the God of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley

O True! Cos surely, your god is always hungry for souls to eat! And haters of God are very sweet souls for your God to eat.

So Carry on, Carry on!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:56pm On Jan 18, 2022
adoyi8:

Translation, "I prayed for stupid things and God did not answer me so, I learnt that I could at least go get those stupid things for myself!" End of Translation!
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:08pm On Jan 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

O True! Cos surely, your god is always hungry for souls to eat! And haters of God are very sweet souls for your God to eat.
So Carry on, Carry on!

Thanks! smiley
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Wilddove(m): 6:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
Glory
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Wilddove(m): 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Lol. So many confusion and differences
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
Wilddove:
And you believe that a loving God will send those he created in his image to burn im hell fire forever and forever?

Change of Post! But to lightly comment.

A loving God is supposed to have an equally loving creations.

And all creations who have done wickedly in anger of their Loving God must not escape the wickedness they have done.

If creations have done the good, they should get the good.

But when they have done great wickedness, surely, they should get hell.
1-1

Good for Good, evil for evil, an eye for an eye! The Law is Fulfilled!
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:31pm On Jan 18, 2022
Wilddove:
Lol. So many confusion and differences
Well there is no confusion it depends on the angle from where you're seeing things! smiley
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Wilddove(m): 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Change of Post! But to lightly comment.

A loving God is supposed to have an equally loving creations.

And all creations who have done wickedly in anger of their Loving God must not escape the wickedness they have done.

If creations have done the good, they should get the good.

But when they have done great wickedness, surely, they should get hell.
1-1

Good for Good, evil for evil, an eye for an eye! The Law is Fulfilled!
and you think you are more upright than the rest of us?
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Wilddove(m): 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well there is no confusion it depends on the angle from where you're seeing things! smiley
But you just said that you are not serving the same God
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:23pm On Jan 18, 2022
Wilddove:
But you just said that you are not serving the same God
That should tell you that you were never a Christian if you don't understand that.
Because people call the same name doesn't mean they're worshipers of the same God!
The first century Jewish religious leaders claims they're worshiping the God of Moses, Jesus also claims he's a worshiper of the same God but they're always contradicting one another! Matthew 12:24; John 8:44
So how did Jesus help us to unravel the mystery?
Well Jesus taught us that God is a spirit and so His worshipers will worship in spirit and truth {John 4:24} so if you're from Canada and i am from Australia once we share the same line of thought it simply means we are worshiping the same SPIRIT (GOD) Matthew 12:46-50 compare to John 17:22

I know worshipers of my own God, they are in all the countries of the world and we share the same line of thought WE ARE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley

Apart from us all other religions will continue to contradict themselves even if they're from the same religion (church) that's the secret to distinguish between pure worship and false religions! Luke 11:23 smiley
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Workch: 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That should tell you that you were never a Christian if you don't understand that.
Because people call the same name doesn't mean they're worshipers of the same God!
The first century Jewish religious leaders claims they're worshiping the God of Moses, Jesus also claims he's a worshiper of the same God but they're always contradicting one another! Matthew 12:24; John 8:44
Well Jesus taught us that God is a spirit and so His worshipers will worship in spirit and truth {John 4:24} so if you're from Canada and i am from Australia once we share the same line of thought it simply means we are worshiping the same SPIRIT (GOD) Matthew 12:46-50 compare to John 17:22

I know worshipers of my own God, they are in all the countries of the world and we share the same line of thought WE ARE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley

Apart from us all other religions will continue to contradict themselves even if they're from the same religion (church) that's the secret to distinguish between pure worship and false religions! Luke 11:23 smiley
Just show him evidence for god and leave the long stories

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Olayoo: 11:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Really. If u start reading the bible from genesis you'll see contradictions ( well, if you read it literarily).
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by adoyi8: 11:47pm On Jan 18, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Translation, "I prayed for stupid things and God did not answer me so, I learnt that I could at least go get those stupid things for myself!" End of Translation!
Where did I say that I left christianity because I prayed for something and didn't get. You guys just watched heaven is real and believe that people become atheists because they are angry with god. on the contrary, I became an atheist when I was in 100level, few months before that I prayed to god for admission and I got it. My life was very comfortable as it is now. I have no reason to be angry with god.
I became an atheist because life without god in the equation makes more sense to me. With god it is full of lies, loopholes, contradictions and unnecessary fears.
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by adoyi8: 12:07am On Jan 19, 2022
Wilddove:
so many religions people thinks that being an atheist is a choice.
They won't understand because being in religion is like wearing shaded eye glasses, Christians wear blue shaded glasses and everything looks blue to them, Muslims wear red shaded glasses and everything looks red to them. Atheism is like removing those glasses and seeing everything for what they are.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:48am On Jan 19, 2022
Smartness is the key here not just by sight! 2Corinthians 5:7 wink
Oxygen, Nitrogen, Hydrogen, Peroxide are all forms of gases. Only oxygen is good for human lungs while others are poisonous.
Can you just show me the differences in those gases without a loooooong story? cheesy
Confused dullards claiming smartness!

The EVIDENCE of Gods can only be seen when you observe those adhering to the orders of these Gods, you won't see nothing! cheesy

Workch:
Just show him evidence for god and leave the long stories
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:00am On Jan 19, 2022
Olayoo:

Really. If u start reading the bible from genesis you'll see contradictions ( well, if you read it literarily).
If you ask 5 students to study diligently the same textbook and come back to give you their reports on what they read, surely you'll notice correlations but each student will be driven by his/her feelings so their conclusion and conviction about the topic will vary.
But when a teacher comes in to TEACH all the students then you will see that each may have his/her style of report but their conviction will be accurately the same, there will be perfect understanding and peace will reign among the students!
That's what happens when God's Active Force is responsible for TEACHING people what is found written in the Bible {John 14:26-27} they will all have the same line of thought no matter where they are or their nationality! John 17:22
But when people read the Bible without the guidance of God's Holy Spirit even when they're attending the same church as in the same building their thoughts will surely differ! Luke 11:23 smiley
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Kobojunkie: 6:05am On Jan 19, 2022
Wilddove:
Op, you no answer questions on your other thread again? undecided

How do you know you are born-again? undecided

According to Jesus Christ, those who are born-again are also born of Spirit.. what kind of spirit lives inside of you? What other sign is there as proof that you believe - Mark 16 vs 15 - 19? undecided
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:24pm On Jan 19, 2022
adoyi8:

Where did I say that I left christianity because I prayed for something and didn't get. You guys just watched heaven is real and believe that people become atheists because they are angry with god. on the contrary, I became an atheist when I was in 100level, few months before that I prayed to god for admission and I got it. My life was very comfortable as it is now. I have no reason to be angry with god.
I became an atheist because life without god in the equation makes more sense to me. With god it is full of lies, loopholes, contradictions and unnecessary fears.

You did not need to say it, we all see and know why you declared your Anti-God position. Your elders in company have so disclosed them all, so we know.

Secondly, your explanation is so ridiculous and laughable. How can a person have travelled from Lagos to Kaduna with a Toyota Highlander only to reach Kaduna and say that he abandoned the vehicle to walk back down to Lago?

Even a Primary 5 Student will not believe you.

But anyway, it's your story and your life you choose to destroy or maintain as you think good or evil for you. I am not affected anyway.
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by adoyi8: 5:52pm On Jan 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You did not need to say it, we all see and know why you declared your Anti-God position. Your elders in company have so disclosed them all, so we know.

Secondly, your explanation is so ridiculous and laughable. How can a person have travelled from Lagos to Kaduna with a Toyota Highlander only to reach Kaduna and say that he abandoned the vehicle to walk back down to Lago?

Even a Primary 5 Student will not believe you.

But anyway, it's your story and your life you choose to destroy or maintain as you think good or evil for you. I am not affected anyway.
I left religion because it is full of lies. The ridiculous claims they made did not conform to reality so I chose reality and I can defend my choice anywhere because it wasn't made out of fear or hatred but out of search for knowledge and truth.
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
adoyi8:

I left religion because it is full of lies. The ridiculous claims they made did not conform to reality so I chose reality and I can defend my choice anywhere because it wasn't made out of fear or hatred but out of search for knowledge and truth.

The mere fact you had Liars for Teachers does not vitiate Truth, Truths as expressed in the Bible which is substantially corroborated by Nature and Natural Living.

But as Nature has also shown us, there are amongst us people who choose death over Life eg Overspeeders, Drug Users, sexual promiscuity etc.

But exactly as the Bible said, people do have a choice to choose Life or death, Blessings or Curses and after they have chosen, there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Re: Why Do People Choose To Be Atheist(s) ? by adoyi8: 6:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The mere fact you had Liars for Teachers does not vitiate Truth, Truths as expressed in the Bible which is substantially corroborated by Nature and Natural Living.

But as Nature has also shown us, there are amongst us people who choose death over Life eg Overspeeders, Drug Users, sexual promiscuity etc.

But exactly as the Bible said, people do have a choice to choose Life or death, Blessings or Curses and after they have chosen, there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Why do you like assuming things too much? did I tell you that people lied to me? I read the bible myself and it didn't correlate with reality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Astonishing Tale Of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola And The Forbidden Bush / Now Is The Time For The Demonstration Of God's Power / Pastor Kumuyi Splashes Over N500 Million On Car Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.