Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

She Was Disowned By Her White Folks For Loving A Black Man - Tale Of An Octogena - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Was Disowned By Her White Folks For Loving A Black Man - Tale Of An Octogena (438 Views)

Lady Dances Victoriously After Tying the Knot with Her White Lover (pic, video) / I Find It Hard Loving A Woman / Warning For Guys And Ladies In The House - You Might Be Loving A Ghost -find Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

She Was Disowned By Her White Folks For Loving A Black Man - Tale Of An Octogena by Marteeny: 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
This an inspirational story of a black man and a white woman who risked it all for love. For Mary and Jake Jacobs, it is ever a story of strong love, belief and humanity.

Mary who is white, was thrown out of her father's house and disowned by her family for falling in love with, Jake who is black.

Mary, 81, is married to Jake, 86, and lives in Solihull in the West Midlands. They have no children. Mary is a former deputy head teacher, and Jake worked for the post office before retiring. Mary is white and Jake is black, originally from Trinidad.

MARY SAYS: When I told my father I was going to marry Jake he said, ‘If you marry that man you will never set foot in this house again.’

He was horrified that I could contemplate marrying a black man, and I soon learned that most people felt the same way. The first years of our marriage living in Birmingham were hell — I cried every day, and barely ate. No one would speak to us, we couldn’t find anywhere to live because no one would rent to a black man, and we had no money.

People would point at us in the street. Then I gave birth to a stillborn son at eight months. It wasn’t related to the stress I was under but it broke my heart, and we never had any more children.

Now it’s very hard to comprehend the prejudice we encountered, but you have to remember that there were hardly any black people in Britain in the Forties. I met Jake when he came over during the war from Trinidad, as part of the American forces stationed at the Burtonwood base near my home in Lancashire. We were at the same technical college. I was having typing and shorthand lessons and he’d been sent there for training by the Air Force. He was with a group of black friends and they called my friend and me over to talk. We didn’t even know they spoke English, but Jake and I got chatting. He quoted Shakespeare to me, which I loved.

To continue reading visit:

https://martainment.com/she-was-disowned-by-her-white-folks-for-loving-a-black-man-tale-of-an-octogenarian-couple/

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Textnow Account Now.. / How To Be "Good" In Bed / 5 Amazing Reasons Why Self Love Is Important

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.