Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State (6276 Views)

100 Days: Adeleke Commissions Second Phase Of Dualization Of Osogbo-ila-odo Road / Ataoja of Osogbo: Adeleke’s Emergence Saved Me From Palace Eviction – Oba Jimoh / Amotekun Walk On The Streets Of Osogbo, Osun State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by Haywhysat: 7:01am On Jul 17, 2020
Mazigabriel:
is it true that the experience 24hour power supply

Yes it is true.. That's my state

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by Mazigabriel(m): 7:06am On Jul 17, 2020
Haywhysat:

Yes it is true.. That's my state
wow I never knew a state in NIGERIA could get such power supply even though the don't have oil. yet come to the south east side with oil reserves the cannot even boast of 7 hours power supply daily, this is very terrible

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by princetemitee(f): 7:12am On Jul 17, 2020
mrvitalis:

Oga that's a village in imo ...not even top 5 in imo state ...n it can stand side by side with oshogbo

I did part of my service in osun ...from. Ede to oshogbo to ijesha all na village
igbo amaka grin

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by rummmy: 7:15am On Jul 17, 2020
Same level with my village.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by Haywhysat: 7:15am On Jul 17, 2020
Mazigabriel:
wow I never knew a state in NIGERIA could get such power supply even though the don't have oil. yet come to the south east side with oil reserves the cannot even boast of 7 hours power supply daily, this is very terrible

Lol, the thing started many years ago, not even 7 years, been a while... I enjoy light to the fullest, we don't rush to charge phones... First time I left Osun for a neighbouring state, Ondo, i had to leave the next day... I couldn't survive it
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by ThatFairGuy: 7:20am On Jul 17, 2020
SLAP44:
A local government headquarters in Kaduna is more beautiful than this.
Kill yourself hater vomiting thrash

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by ThatFairGuy: 7:22am On Jul 17, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
please that place is a pigsty and not fit to harbour human beings
Come to even remotest area in Osun and see how your Enugu brethren are begging Yorubas to harvest palm nuts and tap palm wine for them

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by Mazigabriel(m): 7:25am On Jul 17, 2020
Haywhysat:

Lol, the thing started many years ago, not even 7 years, been a while... I enjoy light to the fullest, we don't rush to charge phones... First time I left Osun for a neighbouring state, Ondo, i had to leave the next day... I couldn't survive it
I might visit there one day, but do you know any other states that experience the same power supply like Osun State
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by Haywhysat: 7:46am On Jul 17, 2020
Mazigabriel:
I might visit there one day, but do you know any other states that experience the same power supply like Osun State

I think some northern states, not any other state in South West
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by Kyrx(m): 8:14am On Jul 17, 2020
Mazigabriel:

Everyday 24hrs power supply - False

Occasional 24hrs power supply - True

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by Kyrx(m): 8:17am On Jul 17, 2020
Many of una nor too get sense for this thread.

But the main thing be say we too like dey celebrate mediocrity for 9ja, Na why we still dey this level.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by mrvitalis(m): 8:18am On Jul 17, 2020
Mazigabriel:
Yes because nothing to use it ...same with yobo ,brono ,and many northern states ...power is shared almost equal to all states

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by mrvitalis(m): 8:20am On Jul 17, 2020
Mazigabriel:
Oga ..all State in Nigeria outside Lagos , Abuja , and rivers and ABA ( not abia ) are given almost same Amount of power .... about 100mw .... Empty states with nothing have constant power

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by mrvitalis(m): 8:21am On Jul 17, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Come to even remotest area in Osun and see how your Enugu brethren are begging Yorubas to harvest palm nuts and tap palm wine for them
They are business men ...we go to the bushes to make money

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by Mazigabriel(m): 8:32am On Jul 17, 2020
mrvitalis:

Oga ..all State in Nigeria outside Lagos , Abuja , and rivers and ABA ( not abia ) are given almost same Amount of power .... about 100mw .... Empty states with nothing have constant power
so this means that power is readily available to cities that don't use it a lot but erratic in places that needs it
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by princetemitee(f): 8:46am On Jul 17, 2020
What a lovely place
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by mrvitalis(m): 8:58am On Jul 17, 2020
Mazigabriel:
so this means that power is readily available to cities that don't use it a lot but erratic in places that needs it
Correct ...so having power shows how unproductive a city or state is

6 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by Mazigabriel(m): 9:01am On Jul 17, 2020
mrvitalis:

Correct ...so having power shows how unproductive a city or state is
this country is just busy opposite in every thing
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by OFFICIAL336: 9:19am On Jul 17, 2020
Few good roads drowned in a sea of brown roofs.

Sophisticated people will never fail to amuse us.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by OVB123: 9:30am On Jul 17, 2020
SLAP44:

Wharis this grin grin grin grin
It's beautiful ciri of osogbo.... the underdeveloped capito of d west.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by OVB123: 9:43am On Jul 17, 2020
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Bros I am not from the South East but truth be said, Osun is a village. It is only in Nigeria that villages are granted city status.
Nigeria has only two manageable cities as far as I am concerned, Abuja and Lagos.
Other ones are glorified towns and villages eg Osogbo and Ijesha in Osogbo are full fledged villages.
It will break your heart but that is the truth.
You have hit the nail on the head... osogbo is more or like a rural settlement, however, there enjoyed stable power supply and things are relativelly cheap onlike some cities in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by plessis: 9:47am On Jul 17, 2020
If people can condemn osogbo, I wonder what will happen when they see ekiti.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by OVB123: 10:03am On Jul 17, 2020
plessis:
If people can condemn osogbo, I wonder what will happen when they see ekiti.
But don't u think that EKITI is more develops than OSUN STATE?
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by plessis: 10:13am On Jul 17, 2020
OVB123:
But don't u think that EKITI is more develops than OSUN STATE?
ekiti is very underdeveloped. Only that fajuyi park axis try small. Just a massive, populated village.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by OVB123: 10:35am On Jul 17, 2020
plessis:
ekiti is very underdeveloped. Only that fajuyi park axis try small. Just a massive, populated village.
I can not really telled because i have not been there before but with what i saw in osogbo the last time i visited, i wasn't impressed.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by proeast(m): 10:42am On Jul 17, 2020
Pleasant01:

is that why Oyo state's gdp is more than that of all South East states?

When you guys stop all these lies and propaganda? Which Oyo state are you talking about?

Oyo state has a slightly higher GDP than Imo state. Oyo state is 4th on the table while Imo is 5th, despite all the noise about its population and landmass.

Na wa for una o. Audio people grin

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by oyatz(m): 11:01am On Jul 17, 2020
I know, THEY have arrived.

SLAP44:
A local government headquarters in Kaduna is more beautiful than this.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by proeast(m): 11:02am On Jul 17, 2020
KasyogenyiBASTA:
Which imo GDP are you yapping about? What's in Imo state except cheap hotels and prostitutes in Owerri? Do they reckon on chalets and commercial sex hawkers when calculating GDP? Imo state is at the same as Osun, Ekiti and Jigawa in GDP.

Below is the GDP as released by the NBS.

Awo free education has proven to be a disaster and you're a case study grin

Even the list you provided only recorded that of 22 states, Lagos and Imo states among a few others were not captured. You can recheck the list for emphasis.

Now look at the list below.

Meanwhile, you call hotels in Imo cheap? I bet you don't want to go down that path, Imo state has better hotels than anywhere in your region bar No Man's Land.

Secondly, prostitution is something that is found everywhere, it is even listed as a profession in Netherlands. However, it is far better than mining skulls and committing incest that is rampant in your region.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by proeast(m): 11:05am On Jul 17, 2020
OVB123:
You have hit the nail on the head... osogbo is more or like a rural settlement, however, there enjoyed stable power supply and things are relativelly cheap onlike some cities in Nigeria.

Are you not contradicting yourself? Since Oshogbo is more or less like a village, shouldn't things be very cheap there? So why do you want to compare it with cities in Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State by proeast(m): 11:17am On Jul 17, 2020
Mraphel:

Your Igbo brothers are agitating to settle down there

Igbos are like the Chinese, they are courageous and adventurous when it comes to business and that is why you can see them in very remote places. It doesn't mean anything. We move into godforsaken places, make our money there and send remittances home.

That is why our region is growing despite government sanctioned bias against it. Real estates is booking in our region and it is partly due to remittances.

Many countries today rely on remittances and it will shock you to realize that remittances gives Nigeria more money than oil does. That's food for thought!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Orlu, Imo State On Fire As Nigerian Army Clash With ESN / Abba Kyari And Obi Cubana Step Out In Matching Cloths / Enugu State Intensifies Safety Measures Ahead Of Dry Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.