Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

~wandering Soul~christian Fiction - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction (4109 Views)

Even If He Doesn't: The Flood (a Christian Fiction Series) / So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction / ~LOVE OR Lust~christian Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Ayanfe29(f): 7:27am On Jul 19, 2020
Somebody forgot to invite me o.

May God have mercy on philosophical thinkers. I remember in my first year, when I was in the University, my philosophy lecturer made it clear that philosophy class wasn't for people who are not strong in their faiths because philosophy can easily make them doubt if there is any true or living God somewhere.

Promise, Jesus is the only Way to Eternity. Repent and requite His love for you. Don't repent because you want to save your parents' face. Let your repentance be genuine.

I also like the idea of the Church praying for the lost souls. We lack that in our contemporary Churches now o.

Thanks for the update OP

1 Like

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 19, 2020
Ayanfe29:
Somebody forgot to invite me o.

May God have mercy on philosophical thinkers. I remember in my first year, when I was in the University, my philosophy lecturer made it clear that philosophy class wasn't for people who are not strong in their faiths because philosophy can easily make them doubt if there is any true or living God somewhere.

Promise, Jesus is the only Way to Eternity. Repent and requite His love for you. Don't repent because you want to save your parents' face. Let your repentance be genuine.

I also like the idea of the Church praying for the lost souls. We lack that in our contemporary Churches now o.

Thanks for the update OP

Sorry for not inviting you.God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by enirock(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
How often have I longed to gather my children to one communion with me as the her gathers her chicks, but you would have none of it...

We all at one point or the other have failed and shamed God and what goes on in the wall/environs of university today, it takes only the grace of God to save his people.

Thanks Pre4 for the updates.
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
"How could i have stood firm when it seem i was stupid,i had no friends because no one wanted to associate with me"Promise opposed.
"Bro you can stand firm if you had asked God to help you.I am also a graduate of that same university.When i entered the school,it was really hard to stand by my belief as you have said but i was not deterred,i made sure i removed myself from every source of temptation.I will tell you a story about a girl called sandra.she was my coursemate then in school"Eunice said.
"Go on!i am all ears"Promise urged.
"When Sandra came to Campus,i noticed she was born again,a serious one but after a year i noticed that she had drifted from what she used to be.She stopped attending fellowship,she started clubbing,drinking,smoking and started keeping male friends like every does in campus.One day i confronte her of it,she relayed all her challenges to me,how being born again at campus made her look naive and stupid like you've said.I cautioned her of the danger she was treading in"Eunice said

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Lakesc: 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
Thanks PRE4 and happy sunday
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
"Go on"Promised nudged on.
"Thank you.The challenge was too much for me that many guys came around asking me to date them,they promised me everyhing but i politely rejected them all.I withstood my ground.
One day i was praying in my room when my phone rang,i picked up the call,it was Sandra,she asked me to come to the hospital which i hurriedly went.
It was a sad day,Sandra told me that she and her friend went to party the previous night,then a cult group made a reprisal attack on the girls so as to send a message to their boy friends who were cultists.
Her friend died but Sandra narrowly escaped,she came to the hospital for check up only tp discover she was HIV/AID positive.Sandra confessed that she wanted to come back to Christ but found out that there was no escape route for sinners.To cut the story short,i led her to Christ but she later died of the sickness.
So brother Promise,sin is a pleasure that kills without remedy so come back to Christ,there is no life outside Christ.I john 5:12-13"Eunice ended.

3 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
Lakesc:
The PRE4 and happy sunday
Boss.Same to you

1 Like

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Lakesc: 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
PRE4:

Boss.Same to you
Sorry, i wanted to write 'thanks' seems i didn't read what i posted...

1 Like

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Lakesc: 2:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
We all have sin and fall short of God glory

1 Like

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
"Wow so pathetic"Promise replied,his phone rang immediately so he picked up the receiver.It was his close friend.
"Hello,Jerry"he said.
"How far na"the caller said.
"I am fine"
"Oh boy that girl don click ohh"
"Wow,really"Promise exclaimed laughing.
"Yeah i bang her for Galaxy hotel na"The caller said.
"Oh boy ehh,so You still knack am las las"Promise asked.
Eunice and Kenneth exchanged dissappointing glance.
"Yes we go six round,the girl sweet die"
"She gave you front and back abi"
"She bang me left and right,no style she no give me for the hotel.bed wan break"The caller said.
"Okay bye na,i will call you later"Promise hung up"I am so sorry Sister Eunice
Then back to your story,its quite different,Sandra never graduated but i did,She died but i didnt,she have hiv/aids but i dont think i have.Everybody grace differs"Promise replied to the amazement of his guests.
Eunice and Kenneth shook their head in pity.
"Please lets us end this discussion,i cant catch up anylonger.Bye"Promisesaid and ran upstairs.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by enirock(m): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
A dog that wants to get lost, first becomes deaf to the sound of his masters whistle. At one point or the other, we have been promise.

Thanks Pre4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
enirock:
A dog that wants to get lost, first becomes deaf to the sound of his masters whistle. At one point or the other, we have been promise.

Thanks Pre4
God bless you sir
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by patrickpopoola(m): 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
Boss, God bless you for all the literatures you have been dropping. I respect and admire your back to back updates which are all hits. You even maintain more than one story at a time. Bro. God bless you and continue to guide and lead you. Would have said I love you(no homo) but but don't want your female fans and admirers to behead me. You are appreciated
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
patrickpopoola:
Boss, God bless you for all the literatures you have been dropping. I respect and admire your back to back updates which are all hits. You even maintain more than one story at a time. Bro. God bless you and continue to guide and lead you. Would have said I love you(no homo) but but don't want your female fans and admirers to behead me. You are appreciated

God bless you sir.I appreciate your kind gestures.
I love you.Its nothing
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2020
I am so sorry guys that i could not update today.I was busy but i promise to update tomorrow.
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Khriztarl(f): 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2020
Let's all come together and pray for promise o. He's in for doom
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 21, 2020
~~~~~~
Bright kept stealing glance at Promise,he was wondering why the over-jovial friend of his Promise was quiet and lost in his private world.
"Promise,are you okay"He asked but maintained focus on the road because he was driving.
"Not sure i am okay"Promise grunted.
"Why?whats eating you up"
"Bright i just cant understand the war going on in my mind right now"Promise replied.
"What is the war all about"Bright asked.
Promise heaved deeply
"I am just thinking about retracing my step back to God,there is this feeling that i am on the wrong path of life"he said.
"Really?So you allowed those crazy church dummies to bring you down the ladder again?C'mon Promise,we only live once so we need to enjoy our freedom because we dont know when death will come knocking.Leave those religious moneys who keep languishing in their naivety and ocean of ignorance,thereby making them live in bondage"Bright reeled out.
"You dont just get it Bright.The war in my mind is beyond my control.I have no peace in me"Promise replied

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 21, 2020
"That is weird"
"Sure it is.I was bred in a christian home but i fell along the line beside God did not create humans to party,fornicate and do all bad things"
"Oh please Promise spare me that god crap!dont let other philosophers hear that from you.What's wrong in all those thing you mentioned?hunh am asking you.See Even that mediaval outdated book they carry about said we will all return to soil from which we emanated from.Damn the tales of heaven or hell.Abi na for grave you wan flex?"Bright hollered.
"You 're right,we die to add more nutrient to the soil"
"There you are bro,dont let those things bother you at all.If only the whole world can be illuminated from their ignorance,then the world will be a better place"Bright asserted.
"What do you have me do concerning the scuffle going in my mind"
"Dont worry about,it will soon whisk away the way it had come by the time you finish banging that girl"
"I almost forget that.Abeg make we reach the hotel fast na.Drive fast"
"okay sir"
Bright accelerated away.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 21, 2020
CHAPTER FOUR
--God usage is not God Approval--
He held her waist as they approached the shopping mall.
A man too was coming out of the mall,the man paused to look at Promise before he screamed."Promise Benedict"
Promise loosened his grip on the lady waist he was holding and turned in shock"Oh Kenneth Ajayi"he screamed as they both hugged.
"Long time no see bro,so you still dey this town"Kenneth said as the shook hands.
"Na me go ask you that question.So nice to see you again"Promise replied.
"I am now in this town ohh,so what are you doing now"Kenneth asked.
"Meet my girl she..."
"She is Imelda Alvin from Bayelsa state"Kenneth interrupted.
Promise froze and stole a glance at Imelda who was in shock too.
"How do you know about that Ken,who told you about her or have you met before"Promise quizzed.
Kenneth laughed"i am now a prophet"he said to the amazement of the duo.
"You dont mean it"Promise said.
"I do mean it bro.I am now a prophet"Kenneth replied.
"I see,but you scared the hell out of me"Promise said.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2020
"This is my card"Kenneth replied as he handed a card over to Promise.
Promise collected it and skimmed it.
"Oh boy ehh,this guy is really serious.Prophet Kenneth Korede Ajayi,aka prophet K.K"Promise read the card content aloud.
"I told you"Kenneth responded.
"my respect sir!!.Back to your question about what i was doing.Bro i just graduaated ohh no job"Promise replied.
"God have given you a job but you are rejecting it"Kenneth piqued.
"I dont understand,no one have ever invited me for interview let alone giving me a job"Promise replied skeptically.
"Hnmmm"Kenneth smiled"The job is your divine assignment but you are shying away from it and there is just not time anylonger"he added.
"Kenneth i seriously dont understand you"
"Promise you aware of it just that you are fleeing from God"
"Ken dont divert me to those preachings you do preach then in school,i am not interested"
"That is exactly your divine job Promise.If i were you,i will listen to my parent"
Promise froze as he watched Ken drove his car away

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
~~~
He drove home quietly after dropping Imelda home.
As soon as he packed the car in the garage,he sat down on one of the cars bonnet.
He kept pondering on Kenneth word.
He did not even noticed his mum presence,she looked at him for a while before she touched him.
He jerked out of his reverie.
"Oh mum,you are here"He said suprisingly.
"Yes i am here because i know what is in your mind"Mrs Benedict replied and sat down beside him.
"Mum,dont tell me you now read peoples' mind.Are you a psychologist"?Promiseasked in shock.
"There is a war going on in your mind,one is saying go back to God and another is still clinging to philosophic principles"
Promise opened his mouth agape.
"How did you know mum"he asked.
"I should know because i am your mother"
"mum but why should they be fighting each other thereby disturbing my peace"
Mrs Benedict smiled.
"The two things fighting in your mind is called the flesh and the spirit"
"hmm mum,this is interesting,be my guest"Promise urged on.
"The flesh is the sinful one"

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2020
"Okay noted"
"The spirit is from God.It is the flesh that wants to fornicate,lie,drink and do all sort of things.It is the flesh that hates fasting,it is still this flesh that clings to all philosophical theories.It is the flesh that wants flashy clothes and draw tatoo.It is still this flesh that suppresses the spirit demands.it is the flesh that tell you that nobody can live a righteous and holy life"Mrs Benedict paused to survey Promise expression.He nodded her to go on.
"It is this flesh that tell you there is nothing wrong with gambling and it hates prayer.This flesh is of this world as we will not meet our Lord Jesus Christ in this flesh but we will be transformed.That transformation is your soul,the soul belong to God and will return to God after we die.That soul is what God breathed into us for us to live.Without the soul we cant live.The flesh is not subjected to God because it is made of dust but God sole property is your soul.The flesh has nothing to lose because it returns back to the ground"

1 Like

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
"The flesh is just like a groundnut where you will have to remove the chaff before you eat it.The flesh is the chaff.It is not our real personality.There is no good thing in the flesh.Romans 7:1-end."
"Mum,i want to know more"Promise craved.
"Now the spirit is that tiny voice that acts as a judge in you that wheneve you do something,it keeps troubling you.The conscience is that spirit.It is a pity that a lot have killed their conscience,it no longer speak to them whenever they are guilty.
It is the spirit that wants to fast,pray,serve God faithfully,live righteously and please God"Mrs Benedict ended.
"So mum,what will you have me do to stop this war in my mind"
"Simply come to Christ,leave philosophies alone and serve the true living God"
"Mum,that will be a little bit harder because i am a renown article writer that write on the newspapers and magazines to rebuff the existence of God,if i stop that,i will starve of hunger"
"Promise,you are leading a lot astray through that medium.God is not happy about it"

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Lakesc: 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
Thanks PRE4.. I pray our will align to his will everyday of our life
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Khriztarl(f): 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
Dear God, please make me an understanding mother like that of promise.
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
Khriztarl:
Dear God, please make me an understanding mother like that of promise.
Amen
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by enirock(m): 2:06am On Jul 22, 2020
Just like promise Is scarred of losing his daily bread if he comes to God, so many of us sell our "peace of mine"(conscience) just for a quarter of a quarter of meat.

May God be merciful and come to our aid.

1 Like

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2020
"Mum,what will people say about me"
Mrs Benedict smiled and touched her son arm.
"Are you bothered about what people will say or about what God is saying?Fear not those people who can kill only the body but cannot harm the soul rather fear the only person who will destroy both the body and soul"She added.
"But who is that person"Promise quizzed.
"God of course"She replied almost immediately.
"So i should stop writing my article"
"Yes you should.Do you know you are an anti-christ"Mrs Benedict asked.Promise turned in shock.
"How am i an anti-Christ"He asked.
"Anyone who says Jesus Christ is not the messiah is an anti-christ"
"oh no,i believe he is"
"but you dont believe in existence of God"She interjected.
"Mum i will think about it"
"There is no time for procastination.Governor Festus who procastinated giving his life to Christ died without Christ.Act 24:25"Mrs Benedict replied soothingly and turned to go
"I need sometime to think about it,i will need to visit Kenneth Ajayi"Promise said.
"Go wel

3 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
He drove straight to Kenneth office and parked.
As he alighted,he kept screaming his name.
"Ken my man!"he called aloud and pulled open the door only to see Ken on top of another man.
"What is this"?He screamed in shock.
Ken got up in shock and grabbed a clothe to covered himself.
"Ken i am dissappointed in you"Promise pissed and turned to go.
"Promise its a mistake"Ken stammered with sweat all over his body.
"Get lost.."Promise cried out and went out of the office banging the door in anger.
"Ken lets continue our fun"the other man said to Ken and tickled him.
Ken turned in anger and slapped him.
"Which fun?my friend just came into my office to see me in the sin.I am finished.My ministry is finished"Ken fired hotly.
"Okay but you cant stop like that,i was about to cum"the man replied.
"Fool!!,will you get out of my office now"Ken thundered and immediately the man scurried away naked as he sunk into his chairs and bursted into tears.
Promise left the church premises in tears and drove home in anger.

2 Likes

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by aprilwise(m): 4:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
See wahala prophet Ken don fuel to the fire.
Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
He drove into the compound drunk.It was 12:00am,so his parents were worried and were perambulating restlessly around the house as they have tried his contact which never went through.
As soon as the car drove into the compound,they rushed out.
They met him sleeping on the steering.They opened the door as they perceived the stench of cigarette and alcohol.
"My God!!This boy is intoxicated"Pastor Benedict stated dissappointedly.
"We thank God that he did not have an accident"Mrs Benedict replied and helped Promise down the wheel.
"This boy is getting worst day in-out"
"Darling its alright"Mrs Benedict said and helped Promise who was trash talking.
"Promise why are doing this to yourself"
"Its Kenneth,i thought the guy was my saviour only to discover that i was even the holiest in the world"Promise trashed talked.
"You mean Ken Ajayi"Pastor Benedict exclaimed.
"Darling leave him alone,he is drunk"Mrs Benedict replied and helped Promise into his bedroom and laid him on the bed.
They heaved in relief and left.

1 Like

Re: ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2020
~~~~
He yawned and came out of his room,he met his father at the door visibly angry.
"Good morning dad"he greeted and attempted to move because he knew he will queried about him being drunk yesterday.
"Will you stop right there young man,i demand an explanation why you came home in that state yesternight"Pastor Benedict sneered.
"Dad give me a break okay"Promise fired back.
"Why have you allowed the devil to dominate your soul,why"
"Dad give me some credit,why is you and mum policing me around with sin,devil,hell,heaven like i am the greatest or only sinner on earth.Look at Ken,i caught him having sex with a fellow man right in the office in his church,why dont you go to him and preach instead of me.I only fornicate,drink,smoke but can you compare these with Kens' own yet he performs miracle here and there and God is using him mightily "Promise hollered.
"I am not suprised to hear that,God can use anybody,he can even use a mad man but that does not mean the person is his elect"Pastor Benedict replied camly.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Joromi (A Yoruba Folktale) / Hot Story: Memoirs Of Eva – Episode 2 / My Last Day In School (complete story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.