Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People (56783 Views)

Ministerial Nominees: Osunbor, Mohammed May Make List / MC Tagwaye, Adamu Garba, Fashola, Others Make List Of Tinubu SAs - Nigerianpilot / Alex Ikwechegh Visits Woman Whose Fingers Were Cut Off By Herdsmen In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:

My dear your anology is wrong very wrong... You mistake EU (which is man made ) with ethnicity which is Natural

Try again ! I am not particularly about ikwerre being Igbo or not ! Trust me it doesn't change anything to the Igbo ... Or even ikwerre

We just have to put things in proper perspective and stop being emotional ikwerre just like Nkwerre , Okwelle are Igbo sub group ... Period it is not debatable

What you can talk is if they decide to be on their own? Oh yes they have that right because nobody would force them ... But that still doesn't change the fact that they are igboid

Whether you like it or not. Igbo is a conglomerate of related yet independent tribes and towns who are united by mutually intelligible dialects of a language that runs in a continuum as you travel the length and breadth of the area and by common culture, history and life outlook.

If any tribe in this conglomerate wants to pull away and stand on its own. Then it's free to do so. But it must be ensured that they by no means benefit from the Union by the rest of the tribes that choose to stay with the union.

As Ikwerre on the majority have decided that they are better of without the Igbo union. It is the duty of the rest of the remaining tribes in the union to ensure that no Ikwerre person under any guise or form benefits from the union, since Ikwerre don't contribute to the union.
This would mean that no Ikwerre persons should be allowed to identify as Igbo or represent Igbo.

If for any reason an Ikwerre person likes the Igbo union and wants Ikwerre to be a member. Such Ikwerre person must take his fight to the floor of apex Ikwerre organization, the Ogbakor Ikwerre and win the battle there by making them accept wholly Ikwerre commitment and membershipbof the Igbo union by issuing a public notice.
If he can't win the battle against the Ogbakor Ikwerre, then such person should get his own town union , for example Elele town union, to publicly announce dissociation from Ogbakor Ikwerre and all she represents and reaffirm commitment to the Igbo nation.

Only after this, would an Elele man be fully accepted as an Igbo and accorded full rights as nwafor.

Of course. Elele people will not do this. They will simply toy with your small brains, telling you they are Igbos, while they remain fully represented in Ogbakor Ikwerre, a well known Igbo phobic and anti Igbo organization.

This is not rocket science. It's about time Ndiigbo stopped sentimentality and embrace pragmatism.

4 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by kingzizzy: 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
Xenowerk4000:

Actually , the Ikwerre people prefer to identify as 'Ikwerre ethnic nationality ' and not as a subgroup of Igbo . You can't force an identity on them . Ikwerre people generally hate being called 'Igbo' and most of them just want to be left alone .

Anybody can claim any identity they want, thats not the issue. The issue is the reality on the ground. Someone speaks Igbo as his ancestral language and has an Igbo surname. If the person then turns around to say they are not Igbo, they need to explain where they got their Igbo language and surname from

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

Whether you like it or not. Igbo is a conglomerate of related yet independent tribes and towns who are united by mutually intelligible dialects of a language that runs in a continuum as you travel the length and breadth of the area and by common culture, history and life outlook.

If any tribe in this conglomerate wants to pull away and stand on its own. Then it's free to do so. But it must be ensured that they by no means benefit from the Union by the rest of the tribes that choose to stay with the union.

As Ikwerre on the majority have decided that they are better of without the Igbo union. It is the duty of the rest of the remaining tribes in the union to ensure that no Ikwerre person under any guise or form benefits from the union, since Ikwerre don't contribute to the union.
This would mean that no Ikwerre persons should be allowed to identify as Igbo or represent Igbo.

If for any reason an Ikwerre person likes the Igbo union and wants Ikwerre to be a member. Such Ikwerre person must take his fight to the floor of apex Ikwerre organization, the Ogbakor Ikwerre and win the battle there by making them accept wholly Ikwerre commitment and membershipbof the Igbo union by issuing a public notice.
If he can't win the battle against the Ogbakor Ikwerre, then such person should get his own town union , for example Elele town union, to publicly announce dissociation with Ogbakor Ikwerre and all she represents and reaffirm commitment to the Igbo nation.

Only after this, would an Elele man be fully accepted as an Igbo and accorded full rights as nwafor.

Of course. Elele people will not do this. They will simply toy with your small brains, telling you they are Igbos, while they remain fully represented in Ogbakor Ikwerre, a well known Igbo phobic and anti Igbo organization.

This is not rocket science. It's about time Ndiigbo stopped sentimentality and embrace pragmatism.

Oga nobody is forcing ikwere not to pull out! You are sounding agtated here.... Please who are the majority that agreed on this pull out? Is it the Ubima, the Elele, The Ogba , the Choba where exactly was that agreement made
You guys just talk anyhow

Beside that we in Nnewi don't even care if they pull out or not... We are doing far fr better

Have a better day
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:

LoL..
Funny guy Onu is mouth (Spokesman ). .. in Igbo and has nothing to do with Yoruba ... Also what about the kind name and the names of town president

You must be one of these Creek boys ... I don't think you are intellectual sound to have this conversation... You are sentimental and I don't deal with sentiments. I say the truth

Onu in Igala is a cognate of Olu in Yoruba. It's nothing to do with voice.

Go and research it.
Igala is not called a Yoruboid language for no reason.

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
kingzizzy:

Anybody can claim any identity they want, thats not the issue. The issue is the reality on the ground. Someone speaks Igbo as his ancestral language and has an Igbo surname. If the person then turns around to say they are not Igbo, they need to explain where they got their Igbo language and surname from

Exactly that is my position... It's like a butterfly claiming that it's a bird because it flies but that doesn't stop the world knowing that butterfly is still an insect

It's like Michael Jackson tryin to e white doesn't still stop him as being referred as African American
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

Onu in Igala is a cognate of Olu in Yoruba. It's nothing to do with voice.

Go and research it.
Igala is not called a Yoruboid language for no reason.

Lies big lies... I live in Lagos and I speak Yoruba ... Mouth is called Enu not Onu so stop this madness .. and in Igbo Enu is. Different word meaning up

So Onu Ebu means the speaker or the spokesperson of Ebu and he bears igbo ne and Onu means spokesperson or mouthpiece of a person
.. Igbo bear that name example Ohbonnaya Onu

Show me one Igala man that bears the name Onu then I can take you serious .. if you can't ... Can you remain silent forever?
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Oga nobody is forcing ikwere not to pull out! You are sounding agtated here.... Please who are the majority that agreed on this pull out? Is it the Ubima, the Elele, The Ogba , the Choba where exactly was that agreement made
You guys just talk anyhow

Beside that we in Nnewi don't even care if they pull out or not... We are doing far fr better

Have a better day

I don't know who you are fighting.
I'm an Igbo from Idemili North Anambra. And we over here don't also care about Ikwerre.

But we reasonably would not want an Ikwerre from Elele whose people are part of the Igbophobic Ogbakor Ikwerre organization, taking the Igbo tag as and when they feel like.

Their must be a certain level of rigidity attached to who should and who shouldn't be called Igbo.

You can't have an Ikwerre whose people are anti Igbo allowed free access to Igbo tag. It's an insult to our intelligence and takes away any prestige the Igbo tag has.
Ohanaeze are a bunch of unserious people , which is exactly why they have Ikwerres in their midst.
Little wonder they are not in anyway interested in protecting Igbo interests. Because if they do, then judgement must start from home, and that means expelling Ikwerres and other Bininods in their midst from the group.

A group should have a strict membership to hold any relevance. As it stands. Ndiigbo have none, which shouldn't be so.
But some of us are trying our best to correct that mistake by jolting our people back to their senses.

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

I'm an Igbo from Idemili North Anambra. And we over here don't also care about Ikwerre.

But we reasonably would not want an Ikwerre from Elele whose people are part of the Igbophobic Ogbakor Ikwerre organization, taking the Igbo tag as and when they feel like.

Their must be a certain level of rigidity attached to who should and who shouldn't be called Igbo.

You can't have an Ikwerre whose people are anti Igbo allowed free access to Igbo tag. It's an insult to our intelligence and takes away any prestige the Igbo tag has.
Ohanaeze are a bunch of unserious people , which is exactly why they have Ikwerres in their midst.
Little wonder they are not in anyway interested in protecting Igbo interests. Because if they do, then judgement must start from home, and that means expelling Ikwerres and other Bininods in their midst from the group.

A group should have a strict membership to hold any relevance. As it stands. Ndiigbo have none, which shouldn't be so.
But some of us are trying our best to correct that mistake by jolting our people back to their senses.

My town union is even more powerful than Oranaeze ndigbo.
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 6:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

If he can't win the battle against the Ogbakor Ikwerre, then such person should get his own town union , for example Elele town union, to publicly announce dissociation with Ogbakor Ikwerre and all she represents and reaffirm commitment to the Igbo nation.

For the sake of privacy, I would have given you many ikwere here in Lagos that are in Igbo meetings !

So what are you trying to say again ?

Dude you ain't got story
.. stop being sentimental! You are sounding funny ... What about Okechukwu that is Ohaneze scribe , he is an ikwerre man

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

yet we don't even know the name of that so called town union... Where is it in the map!

Well... Sometimes when animals with horns are called , snails pops up once in a while

We have heard you loud and clear
.good day

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Lies big lies... I live in Lagos and I speak Yoruba ... Mouth is called Enu not Onu so stop this madness .. and in Igbo Enu is. Different word meaning up

So Onu Ebu means the speaker or the spokesperson of Ebu and he bears igbo ne and Onu means spokesperson or mouthpiece of a person
.. Igbo bear that name example Ohbonnaya Onu

Show me one Igala man that bears the name Onu then I can take you serious .. if you can't ... Can you remain silent forever?

Voice in Igala is "Ukomu" and not "Onu".

Onu in Igala has nothing to do with voice or spokes person. This whole argument is becoming redundant.

I never said that Igbos don't bear onu. But you have to know that Onu as found in Ogbonnaya onu, Onuora (people's voice) , Onunkwo( Voice of Nkwo) OnuIgbo( Voice of Igbo), etc.
Is not pronounced like the Onu in Onu Ebu and they don't have same meaning.

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Lol!
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

I totally agree with you , I am from Ukpor in Anambra also and we don't even give a damn about the ikwere because they don't have anything to bring to the table apart from hooliganism and cultism but we have to still tell them the truth
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:
yet we don't even know the name of that so called town union... Where is it in the map!

Well... Sometimes when animals with horns are called , snails pops up once in a while

We have heard you loud and clear
.good day

Of what use is the said Ohanaeze ndigbo to even u..

Answer Mr self acclaimed animal with horns..
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Xenowerk4000(m): 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
kingzizzy:

I understand you perfectly but the mindset of Ikwerre people today which was imparted on them by their fathers' who wanted to dissociate from the Igbo ethnic group has done a lot of damage . They are filled with so much hate and anyone who calls them 'Igbo' is automatically an enemy . Most of them think that Igbos are after their land/seaport and feel insecure and Igbo people have received so much insults because of the ,'Ikwerre Identity issue' . So , It's necessary to leave them alone . If you've been insulted by an Ikwerre you'll understand .
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

Voice in Igala is "Ukomu" and not "Onu".

Onu in Igala has nothing to do with voice or spokes person. This whole argument is becoming redundant.

I never said that Igbos don't bear onu. But you have to know that Onu as found in Ogbonnaya onu, Onuora (people's voice) , Onunkwo( Voice of Nkwo) OnuIgbo( Voice of Igbo), etc.
Is not pronounced like the Onu in Onu Ebu and they don't have same meaning.

It is.... It is exactly pronounced that way ! Onu Ebu is the title of their king and what they call their king toll date meaning Spokesperson or mouthpiece of Ebu

Or can you tell me what Onu means I'm Igala

You lied on Onu being Yoruba and I caught you now you don change post !

They have been igbonized period... You keep saying things you aw not sure of... Just like you made a mention of Ibaaji... Dude go and drink sir... It's Sunday
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
Xenowerk4000:

I understand you perfectly but the mindset of Ikwerre people today which was imparted on them by their fathers' who wanted to dissociate from the Igbo ethnic group has done a lot of damage . They are filled with so much hate and anyone who calls them 'Igbo' is automatically an enemy . Most of them think that Igbos are after their land/seaport and feel insecure and Igbo people have received so much insults because of the ,'Ikwerre Identity issue' . So , It's necessary to leave them alone . If you've been insulted by an Ikwerre you'll understand .

Those ikwerre folks are terrible lots... They have a lot of desensitization program to enroll
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Of what use is the said Ohanaeze ndigbo to even u..

Answer Mr self acclaimed animal with horns..
Don't worry the use to me.. can you bounce at the end of he day

Mr.. town organisation
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:

For the sake of privacy, I would have given you many ikwere here in Lagos that are in Igbo meetings !

So what are you trying to say again ?

Dude you ain't got story
.. stop being sentimental! You are sounding funny ... What about Okechukwu that is Ohaneze scribe , he is an ikwerre man

Ikwerres are opportunists.
They claim Igbo when they are outside Rivers state, so that they can benefit from Igbo unionism. I have many of them as friends and I know them very well. I also tell the truth.

The same Ikwerre man in Lagos sucking up to Igbo union there to gain favours, brotherhood and succour, equally has uncles, mothers, sisters, fathers in his village in Emohua who are rabidly Igbophobic. Also, that your Ikwerre friend once back to Rivers state, would dine and move with them( his Igbophobic people) and start singing different songs of Bini to you, once he wants to assume political post in his home land, because he knows his people will only accept him when he comes to them as an Igbophobic Ikwerre man.

You should be wise enough to know when a people or person is playing you and using you to achieve their own aims.
An Ikwerre only claims Igbo when he has something to gain by doing so. And it's usually a transient, parasitic and opportunist attachment.

You should not fall for it

4 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:
Don't worry the use to me.. can you bounce at the end of he day
Mr.. town organisation

Lol
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

They claim Igbo when they are outside Rivers state, so that they can benefit from Igbo unionism. I have many of them as friends and I know them very well. I also tell the truth.

The same Ikwerre man in Lagos sucking up to Igbo union there to gain favours, brotherhood and succour, have uncles, mothers, sisters, fathers in his village in Emohua who are rabidly Igbophobic, and that your Ikwerre friend once he gets back to Rivers state, would dine and move with them and start singing different songs of Bini to you, once he wants to assume political post in his home land, because he knows his people will only accept him when he comes to them as an Igbophobic Ikwerre man.

You should be wise enough to know when a people or person is playing you and using you to achieve their own aims.
An Ikwerre only claims Igbo when he has something to do by doing so. And it's usually a transient, parasitic and opportunist attachment.

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:

I totally agree with you , I am from Ukpor in Anambra also and we don't even give a damn about the ikwere because they don't have anything to bring to the table apart from hooliganism and cultism but we have to still tell them the truth

Finally we can agree on a thing.

Good. Thanks. smiley

See, we are real brothers. We quarrel and reconcile because we are Igbo men. You will never share same level of understanding with an Ikwerre man, because he is simply not an Igbo.

5 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

The same Ikwerre man in Lagos sucking up to Igbo union there to gain favours, brotherhood and succour, have uncles, mothers, sisters, fathers in his village in Emohua who are rabidly Igbophobic, and that your Ikwerre friend once he gets back to Rivers state, would dine and move with them and start singing different songs of Bini to you, once he wants to assume political post in his home land, because he knows his people will only accept him when he comes to them as an Igbophobic Ikwerre man.

An Ikwerre only claims Igbo when he has something to do by doing so. And it's usually a transient, parasitic and opportunist attachment.

I told one that he isn't Igbo here in Lagos he called me and said that I am embrassing him.

A yoruba man introduced him as Igbo to me... I told the Yoruba man in clear terms that he isn't Igbo just like a fellow Nigerian like me that I would be glad to deal with Efiks and Ibibio than ikwerre... I can never convince them to be Igbo ...

Just that I present my facts online... Offline.. trust me , I don't even give a fück about them !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

Finally we can agree on a thing.

Good. Thanks. smiley

See, we are real brothers. We quarrel and reconcile because we are Igbo men. You will never share same level of understanding with an Ikwerre man, because he is simply not an Igbo.
Nwanne munwa ma nke bu eziokwu! Ejiro ndi ikwerre aka! Maka chukwu !

I totally understand your position just that few of them are seeing the clearer picture

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:

I told one that he isn't Igbo here in Lagos he called me and said that I am embrassing him.

A yoruba man introduced him as Igbo to me... I told the Yoruba man in clear terms that he isn't Igbo just like a fellow Nigerian like me that I would be glad to deal with Efiks and Ibibio than ikwerre... I can never convince them to be Igbo ...

Just that I present my facts online... Offline.. trust me , I don't even give a fück about them !

Your behavior is exactly in order and more Igbos should be groomed to act as such to any Ikwerre man found claiming Igbo.
If the Ikwerre claiming Igbo feels embarrassed, he should take his fight to the floor of Ogbakor Ikwerre, if he loses there, he should take it to his town union to separate from Ogbakor Ikwerre, if he fails too, then he should accept his non Igbo tag in peace,in the knowledge that majority of his people took the decision for him.

It's that simple. They shouldn't be allowed to eat their cake and have it. We are not fools.

7 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:

It is.... It is exactly pronounced that way ! Onu Ebu is the title of their king and what they call their king toll date meaning Spokesperson or mouthpiece of Ebu

They have been igbonized period... You keep saying things you aw not sure of... Just like you made a mention of Ibaaji... Dude go and drink sir... It's Sunday

I didn't say it's Yoruba.
I said its cognate of the Yoruba word "Olu".

Onu means Lord/King in Igala

Olu means Lord in Yoruba.
Igala is a Yoruboid language.

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Rodwave: 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dpharisee:

Odudunwa means Last Born of Amadioha grin grin

Lol.. U wan kee that guy abi
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Revolva(m): 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

I can't make sense of this verbose and edited response.

I never said Igala came from Yoruba. I said that Igala ancestors were same people as Yoruba ancestors, until the Ebira migrated down and cut Igala ancestors off from Yorubas (Okun). This is the point Igala started differing from Yoruba, and when Igala met aboriginal Igbos in parts of Kogi East and assimilated them, they ended up creating a new language from Yoruba which was made more distinct by Jukun subjugation and Idoma influence on Igala.

Igala is a relatively new creation. Igala = Igbo + Yoruba +Idoma + Jukun.

Yoruba is clearly centuries older than Igala formation. Igala language is Yoruboid.

Ibaji represents a disproportionate mixture of Igbo and aboriginals Yoruboid base of Igala, where Igbos seem to have contributed more percentage of the mixture than in other parts of Igala.
The typical Ibaji man is Igbo in physical look and to large extent, mentality too.

Igbos didn't borrow red cap from Igala.

If Igalas will not recognize the existence of pockets of Igbo speaking groups whether bilingual or monolingual in Igbo language in Kogi East, like you lots are currently doing.
Be rest assured that Igala in due time will also have to give up claims to pockets of Igala communities in Anambra North, Enugu North and Anioma.

What is good for the goose is also after all, also good for the gander.

You have refused to acknowledge the existence and presence of Igbo speaking groups in Kogi East. Choosing rather to refer to them as migrants and tenants. But you want Ndiigbo to not brand you as migrants in Anambra, Enugu and Anioma.
Just pray Nigeria continues to exist, because the day Nigeria ceases to exist, will be the end of you and other aggressive minorities (Edo and Ijaw) who are looking to annex parts of Igboland you were accommodated in as refugees or which your ancestors invaded.

Take note that we know our boundaries and will not be gentle in reclaiming them and laying to waste anyone or anything that would stand on our way.

You are close a bit but I don't buy that your idea that Yoruba is older than igala .
Just because modern literature says igala language is yorubaiod means igala is from them

Mother's tongue tells a lot , if igala women dis not give birth to yorubas together with Benin father called oduduwa then how come Yoruba and igala language have some similarities.
As for ibaji people I know there are some of them that mingles and you are right about that but today they don't agree to be Igbo no matter their behavior .
But if they want to be called Igbo well it's up to them to go to the eze Igbo council and propose themselves.

Even the igalas outside kogi pay homage to Attah of igala

Now who is at a fair chance of recognition

Is it the igbos in southern kogi that don't want to meet up with igbos leaders and voice themselves or the igalas outside kogi who are already documented

Igboid:

I didn't say it's Yoruba.
I said its cognate of the Yoruba word "Olu".

Onu means Lord/King in Igala

Olu means Lord in Yoruba.
Igala is a Yoruboid language.

Onu is called chief in igala land oga ok it's an igala title not Igbo

Every igala no matter have their Onu (Ohnuh)..remember not the same pronounced as Igbo version of onu (Ornu)

So if Ebu cheif bear Onu as title that is to tell you they know their customers n traditions and they speak igala till date
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2020
Revolva:

You are close a bit but I don't buy that your idea that Yoruba is older than igala .
Just because modern literature says igala language is yorubaiod means igala is from them

Mother's tongue tells a lot , if igala women dis not give birth to yorubas together with Benin father called oduduwa then how come Yoruba and igala language have some similarities.
As for ibaji people I know there are some of them that mingles and you are right about that but today they don't agree to be Igbo no matter their behavior .
But if they want to be called Igbo well it's up to them to go to the eze Igbo council and propose themselves.

Even the igalas outside kogi pay homage to Attah of igala

Now who is at a fair chance of recognition

Is it the igbos in southern kogi that don't want to meet up with igbos leaders and voice themselves or the igalas outside kogi who are already documented

Onu is called chief in igala land oga ok it's an igala title not Igbo

Every igala no matter have their Onu (Ohnuh)..remember not the same pronounced as Igbo version of onu (Ornu)

So if Ebu cheif bear Onu as title that is to tell you they know their customers n traditions and they speak igala till date

Mouthpiece in Igala is "Ukomu" no?

I never said that Onu is not an Igala title. I'm actually arguing that it is.
What I'm also arguing is that it means "lord" or King.
And that it is a cognate of "Olu" seen in Yoruba.

Maybe you need to look up the word "cognate" in linguistics.
For example, the Igala word for land "Ane", is a cognate to Igbo word for land, ie "Ana", "Ani" "Ala" and "Ali",depending on part of Igboland involved.

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Revolva(m): 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

For example, the Igala word for land "Ane", is a cognate to Igbo word for land, ie "Ana", "Ani" "Ala" and "Ali",depending on part of Igboland involved.

Well bro you are enlighten the fact remains that in this life we are all inter related until politics decided us all
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Ofunwa111: 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
Your knowledge and writing skills give me joy . Ji si ke.

For example, the Igala word for land "Ane", is a cognate to Igbo word for land, ie "Ana", "Ani" "Ala" and "Ali",depending on part of Igboland involved. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 11:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

Your behavior is exactly in order and more Igbos should be groomed to act as such to any Ikwerre man found claiming Igbo.
If the Ikwerre claiming Igbo feels embarrassed, he should take his fight to the floor of Ogbakor Ikwerre, if he loses there, he should take it to his town union to separate from Ogbakor Ikwerre, if he fails too, then he should accept his non Igbo tag in peace,in the knowledge that majority of his people took the decision for him.

It's that simple. They shouldn't be allowed to eat their cake and have it. We are not fools.

LoL

Ikwerre are nasty

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Pictures From The Construction Of Second Niger Bridge / Tinubu Wins Six LGs In Katsina, Atiku Gets One So Far / Yahaya Lawal, Buhari’s Aide Prevented From Entering UN General Assembly. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.