Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,003 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People (56784 Views)

Ministerial Nominees: Osunbor, Mohammed May Make List / MC Tagwaye, Adamu Garba, Fashola, Others Make List Of Tinubu SAs - Nigerianpilot / Alex Ikwechegh Visits Woman Whose Fingers Were Cut Off By Herdsmen In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by kingzizzy: 11:21am On Jul 19, 2020
Xenowerk4000:

Majority of Ikwerre people do not see themselves as Igbos . Rotimi Amaechi is only saying that because of his 2023 presidential ambition .

This is not about who sees themselves as Igbo or not, this about who is Igbo. If being Igbo is about who sees themselves as Igbo then nothing stops a Hausa man in Kano to get up one morning and say he is Igbo because he now sees himself as Igbo. If I like, I can see my self as Japanese, it wont make me Japanese

The Igbos are a group of people who speak a branch of the Niger/Congo language known as Igbo and have Igbo surname.

Ikwerre language is Igbo, they all have Igbo surnames. So what is the difference between an Ikwerre man and an Ohawfia man in Abia, or a Wawa man from Enugu? Absolutely nothing.

Igbo is never about what you see your self as, its about your ancestral language and surname
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 19, 2020
1Dray:

You listed Mercy Chinwo without including Sinach? Because she is Ebonyi and Ebonyi is not Igbo, right?

Rubbish list.

didn't see this comment but has already faulted the list.

the list is a load of bullshit and trash.
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 19, 2020
Revolva:

I did not say they speak igala ok it's from the onset that historical every body have been assimilated way back in the ancient time

Even illah also were 60 percent igalas

But today they don't speak igala anymore

Only Ebu in Oshimili north speak igala and they were the last day migrated from idah to present day ebu which was ceeded from old Bendel state to delta state ok

why will they speak igala when igbo is their root.
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2020
1Dray:

Sinach made the list of Forbes 100 most influential person in the world, yet she didn't make the list of 51 most influential Igbos (by one local Anambra blogger) because she's from Ebonyi. Not one Ebonyi person made the list. Shit hole list.

get your facts right barrister akas from abia compiled the list and has nothing to do with anambra
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 19, 2020
Thoh:
mumu igbo people with yam brain. the tribe nigeria federal afraid most is ijaw. if ijaw make one threat even buhari go shake. go ask kanu why he is begging us. fulani 6th largest tribe raping and killing ur virgin girls and mothers for free. but ijaw 4th largest tribe fulani is afraid of us. why igbos eat too much yam and leaf na?

ijaw is the 4th largest ethnic group in in Pluto not in nigeria.

that claim started during jonathan era which is false

tivs, kanuris are way more populated than ijaws...

don't bring such lies that gained relevance around 2013/2014 here...
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by ChiefS(m): 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
There are so many prominent people whose names are missing. While some of the names on that list are not igbos.
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by gregyboy(m): 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dedetwo:

The Oba of Benin never controlled any area beyond the boundary of Benin and Igbanke. Any Oba who attempted anything southeast-ward regretted such dream. Agbo is still loaded with captured Benin people.

Before you begin to lie in public first learn to know what you are lying about, you're a joke to existence..... If this words were coming from the mouth of a dog, i will appreciate them, but i would still have a laff at the ignorance...... But you my friend you're a big joke......
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Revolva(m): 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

why will they speak igala when igbo is their root.

You are a psycho ..ebi speak enuani Igbo as a second language they adopt based on their enclaves around Igbo speaking and they are a small community made up of nine villages ..they are originally from.idah and they aknowledge it and they speak igala witin themselves in Ebu dialect
They do visit idah anytime there is festivals

Igbo is not their root but igala ok
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Xenowerk4000(m): 1:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
kingzizzy:

This is not about who sees themselves as Igbo or not, this about who is Igbo. If being Igbo is about who sees themselves as Igbo then nothing stops a Hausa man in Kano to get up one morning and say he is Igbo because he now sees himself as Igbo. If I like, I can see my self as Japanese, it wont make me Japanese

The Igbos are a group of people who speak a branch of the Niger/Congo language known as Igbo and have Igbo surname.

Ikwerre language is Igbo, they all have Igbo surnames. So what is the difference between an Ikwerre man and an Ohawfia man in Abia, or a Wawa man from Enugu? Absolutely nothing.

Igbo is never about what you see your self as, its about your ancestral language and surname
Actually , the Ikwerre people prefer to identify as 'Ikwerre ethnic nationality ' and not as a subgroup of Igbo . You can't force an identity on them . Ikwerre people generally hate being called 'Igbo' and most of them just want to be left alone .
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Xenowerk4000(m): 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2020
Revolva:

See I understand all your ideas these thing you wrote here are false it has been made to believe by some writers and i can believe that most igbos in ibaji and odolu igalamela who settled there were as a result of migration with from way back wars and farming and other natural causes which in those days nobody have time for segregration .

People welcome people to settle with them, and you saying igala came from yoruba its a big lie...then where is yoruba from? Oduduwa fell from the sky abi?

Oduduwa is a run away prince from benin who was even named oduduwa by the igalas when he settled in Idah as he fled away for fear of being killed in benin he went northward the river niger and it was idah and the then Attah welcome him and gave him comfort because he looked rich and well fed and they allowed him to lived amongt igala which he then moved to another part of igala land called ife and married some igala women about three of them and gave birth to children ..then he moved to a third migration southwards .

to present day location and it was the name he got form the ife in igala land he used to name the present day ile ife in present day yoruba kingdom.

Then he gave birth to oraimyan and some of his children , oramiyan later went back to benin to rule and they could not understand his language because he has been taught igala tonation which is what we call a mother tongue ( if your mama born you and speak your native dialect no be the dialect you go understand when growing up).
so that was how oramiyan went to benin n ruled a while but he was having difficulties to communicate with the benins he left there to ibadan and continue by then his dialect has changed to what we know as yoruba..

WHY DO YOU THINK YORUBA LANGUAGE N IGALA ARE THE SAME ALMOST ORALLY

these yorubasdont even agree their progenitor are from benin kingdom with igala mother , instead they say benin are from them..so sad because of population explosion and education and returned slaves of the modern time to add up their population.

see what other connection igbos have with igalas tell me ..Yorubas own is so clear and i will let you know igbos came to igala land just for settlement like the other igalas that left idah to ibaji n illah and nzam and asaba as well and presently in Ebu in Oshimili north in delta speaks igalas till today they know their origin is from idah

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/life-arts/article/the-crowning-of-shimite-bello-spirit-behind-deltas-entrepreneurship-drive/amp/

Ibajis then started mixing with igbos and edos due to trading and influence of the river Niger nearness and this foster marriage within these tribes but that does not stop ibajis from n ot being igalas till today they are still igalas
as for the case of eko avurugu and ette and akpanya its the same similarity , igbos settled there due to settlement and trade and mixed up. same way igalas settled in Nsukka and mixed with them as well , infact influencing many of Naukka traditions from masquerades and red cap which igbos wear today is from iagala and Attah onced ruled there hope you are aware.

its goes within the two community within the borders of igalas and igbos we coexist butijn terms of ancestry we got noting in comon much, we both have influenced ourselves in marriages and trades only the yoruba i can attest because of the language.

remember in the ancient time people travel a lo
You Igalas are funny people .You people claim that Igbos who migrated to Ibaji are no longer Igbos while Igalas who migrated to Nzam are still Igala abi ?
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by MetaPhysical: 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

anambra is always your nightmare. you keep calling them because you don't knoww them.
anambra will be the least to think of compiling such list....you need to learn about them well.

the list is fully compiled by abia State son...

nevertheless anambra will always be your dream but u can't reach.

grin grin
I dont dream about fake Ibo.

My true Igbo brothers know I love them.

Anambra is the one causing friction between true Igbos and others. You should cover your face in shame. grin

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by EbenezerTriumph: 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
MetaPhysical:

grin grin

Anambra is the one causing friction between true Igbos and others. You should cover your face in shame. grin

Meleszenawi is not Igbo.
btw this thread is needless cos weren't all sick and tired of all this Igbo this, Igbo that on nairaland.
Abi na only Igbos be the only ethnic group for naija?
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
Mercy Chinwo is from Rivers and we have a lot of Igbo that are indigenous to Rivers irrespective of political correctness.. she sings in Igbo, her name is Igbo ... So Biko she is Igbo of Rivers State

Why all. These argument
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
MetaPhysical:

grin grin

Can you leave Anambra out
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
Revolva:

See I understand all your ideas these thing you wrote here are false it has been made to believe by some writers and i can believe that most igbos in ibaji and odolu igalamela who settled there were as a result of migration with from way back wars and farming and other natural causes which in those days nobody have time for segregration .

People welcome people to settle with them, and you saying igala came from yoruba its a big lie...then where is yoruba from? Oduduwa fell from the sky abi?

Oduduwa is a run away prince from benin who was even named oduduwa by the igalas when he settled in Idah as he fled away for fear of being killed in benin he went northward the river niger and it was idah and the then Attah welcome him and gave him comfort because he looked rich and well fed and they allowed him to lived amongt igala which he then moved to another part of igala land called ife and married some igala women about three of them and gave birth to children ..then he moved to a third migration southwards .

to present day location and it was the name he got form the ife in igala land he used to name the present day ile ife in present day yoruba kingdom.

Then he gave birth to oraimyan and some of his children , oramiyan later went back to benin to rule and they could not understand his language because he has been taught igala tonation which is what we call a mother tongue ( if your mama born you and speak your native dialect no be the dialect you go understand when growing up).
so that was how oramiyan went to benin n ruled a while but he was having difficulties to communicate with the benins he left there to ibadan and continue by then his dialect has changed to what we know as yoruba..

WHY DO YOU THINK YORUBA LANGUAGE N IGALA ARE THE SAME ALMOST ORALLY

these yorubasdont even agree their progenitor are from benin kingdom with igala mother , instead they say benin are from them..so sad because of population explosion and education and returned slaves of the modern time to add up their population.

see what other connection igbos have with igalas tell me ..Yorubas own is so clear and i will let you know igbos came to igala land just for settlement like the other igalas that left idah to ibaji n illah and nzam and asaba as well and presently in Ebu in Oshimili north in delta speaks igalas till today they know their origin is from idah

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/life-arts/article/the-crowning-of-shimite-bello-spirit-behind-deltas-entrepreneurship-drive/amp/

Ibajis then started mixing with igbos and edos due to trading and influence of the river Niger nearness and this foster marriage within these tribes but that does not stop ibajis from n ot being igalas till today they are still igalas
as for the case of eko avurugu and ette and akpanya its the same similarity , igbos settled there due to settlement and trade and mixed up. same way igalas settled in Nsukka and mixed with them as well , infact influencing many of Naukka traditions from masquerades and red cap which igbos wear today is from iagala and Attah onced ruled there hope you are aware.

its goes within the two community within the borders of igalas and igbos we coexist butijn terms of ancestry we got noting in comon much, we both have influenced ourselves in marriages and trades only the yoruba i can attest because of the language.

remember in the ancient time people travel a lot.

I can't make sense of this verbose and edited response.

I never said Igala came from Yoruba. I said that Igala ancestors were same people as Yoruba ancestors, until the Ebira migrated down and cut Igala ancestors off from Yorubas (Okun). This is the point Igala started differing from Yoruba, and when Igala met aboriginal Igbos in parts of Kogi East and assimilated them, they ended up creating a new language from Yoruba which was made more distinct by Jukun subjugation and Idoma influence on Igala.

Igala is a relatively new creation. Igala = Igbo + Yoruba +Idoma + Jukun.

Yoruba is clearly centuries older than Igala formation. Igala language is Yoruboid.

Ibaji represents a disproportionate mixture of Igbo and aboriginals Yoruboid base of Igala, where Igbos seem to have contributed more percentage of the mixture than in other parts of Igala.
The typical Ibaji man is Igbo in physical look and to large extent, mentality too.

Igbos didn't borrow red cap from Igala.

If Igalas will not recognize the existence of pockets of Igbo speaking groups whether bilingual or monolingual in Igbo language in Kogi East, like you lots are currently doing.
Be rest assured that Igala in due time will also have to give up claims to pockets of Igala communities in Anambra North, Enugu North and Anioma.

What is good for the goose is also after all, also good for the gander.

You have refused to acknowledge the existence and presence of Igbo speaking groups in Kogi East. Choosing rather to refer to them as migrants and tenants. But you want Ndiigbo to not brand you as migrants in Anambra, Enugu and Anioma.
Just pray Nigeria continues to exist, because the day Nigeria ceases to exist, will be the end of you and other aggressive minorities (Edo and Ijaw) who are looking to annex parts of Igboland you were accommodated in as refugees or which your ancestors invaded.

Take note that we know our boundaries and will not be gentle in reclaiming them and laying to waste anyone or anything that would stand on our way.

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
Revolva:

You are a psycho ..ebi speak enuani Igbo as a second language they adopt based on their enclaves around Igbo speaking and they are a small community made up of nine villages ..they are originally from.idah and they aknowledge it and they speak igala witin themselves in Ebu dialect
They do visit idah anytime there is festivals

Igbo is not their root but igala ok
Oh forget root or the stem the truth is that they have been igbonized

The name of their king is Onu Ebu ( Onu is am Igbo word for mouth or spokesperson)

They use offor an Igbo cultural symbols.... They have been igbonized... That's the way it is. Majority tribe swallow smaller tribes the way Igbo tribes swallowed the Olukumi in Delta , the Ijaw (kalabari) in Rivers

The same way Yoruba swallowed Egun in Lagos and Kabba in Egun

Aw with Hausa and minority tribes in North .. it's just natural

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:
Mercy Chinwo is from Rivers and we have a lot of Igbo that are indigenous to Rivers irrespective of political correctness.. she sings in Igbo, her name is Igbo ... So Biko she is Igbo of Rivers State

Why all. These argument

Mercy Chinwo is not Igbo Biko.
Ikwerre is not Igbo.

Stop this already.
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

I can't make sense of this verbose and edited response.

I never said Igala came from Yoruba. I said that Igala ancestors were same people as Yoruba ancestors, until the Ebira migrated down and cut Igala ancestors off from Yorubas (Okun). This is the point Igala started differing from Yoruba, and when Igala met aboriginal Igbos in parts of Kogi East and assimilated them, they ended up creating a new language from Yoruba which was made more distinct by Jukun subjugation and Idoma influence on Igala.

Igala is a relatively new creation. Igala = Igbo + Yoruba +Idoma + Jukun.

Yoruba is clearly centuries older than Igala formation. Igala language is Yoruboid.

Ibaji represents a disproportionate mixture of Igbo and aboriginals Yoruboid base of Igala, where Igbos seem to have contributed more percentage of the mixture than in other parts of Igala.
The typical Ibaji man is Igbo in physical look and to large extent, mentality too.

Igbos didn't borrow red cap from Igala.

If Igalas will not recognize the existence of pockets of Igbo speaking groups whether bilingual or monolingual in Igbo language in Kogi East, like you lots are currently doing.
Be rest assured that Igala in due time will also have to give up claims to pockets of Igala communities in Anambra North, Enugu North and Anioma.

What is good for the goose is also after all, also good for the gander.

You have refused to acknowledge the existence and presence of Igbo speaking groups in Kogi East. Choosing rather to refer to them as migrants and tenants. But you want Ndiigbo to not brand you as migrants in Anambra, Enugu and Anioma.
Just pray Nigeria continues to exist, because the day Nigeria ceases to exist, will be the end of you and other aggressive minorities (Edo and Ijaw) who are looking to annex parts of Igboland you were accommodated in as refugees or which your ancestors invaded.

Take note that we know our boundaries and will not be gentle in reclaiming them and laying to waste anyone or anything that would stand on our way.

Wait a minute Igala aren't related to yoruba and Igala never assimilated Aboriginal Igbo it is the other way round
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

Mercy Chinwo is not Igbo Biko.
Ikwerre is not Igbo.

Stop this already.

But many ikwere identify themselves as Igbo... My cousins are from Elele and they would tell you they are Igbo.... Would you tell odinaka that he isn't Igbo

Who are you to tell them or anyone who is Igbo or not? Who gave you that authority?

Here in Lagos and outside Rivers ikwere join Igbo in their meetings

So who gave you the mandate ?

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Wait a minute Igala aren't related to yoruba and Igala never assimilated Aboriginal Igbo it is the other way round

Igala is totally related to Yoruba.
The language is Yoruboid.
It's an academic fact established by linguists of international repute. You cant argue this.

Igala assimilated aboriginal Igbos who where at Idah from the very beginning of Igala formation.
As well as Igbos whose ancestral lands in Kogi East have been Igalanized.
The same Igalanization was happening in Anambra North and Nsukka area before the arrival of the colonials. Though Nsukka people rallied together and defeated the Igala invaders.

Igala assimilated aboriginal Igbos in Kogi East, while Ndiigbo assimilated Igala invaders and migrants(refugees) in Anambra North , Enugu North and Anioma .

2 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 4:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:

But many ikwere identify themselves as Igbo... My cousins are from Elele and they would tell you they are Igbo.... Would you tell odinaka that he isn't Igbo

Who are you to tell them or anyone who is Igbo or not? Who gave you that authority?

Here in Lagos and outside Rivers ikwere join Igbo in their meetings

K
So who gave you the mandate ?

As high as 48% of British people voted to be part of EU. Yet the 52% who wanted out had their way.
And even though the 48% would want to identify with EU, the EU will not accept them, and would make sure they are treated same way as their 52% brothers who voted against EU inclusion.

This is how you run a Union. It must be made in such a way that no group gets to eat their cake and still have it, lest the union becomes useless.

You lots claiming and accepting few Ikwerres who accept Igbo tag, even when you are well aware that the majority of Ikwerre people are not only against Igbo Union, but are voraciously Igbophobic are doing harm to Igbo as an ethnic group.

Ogbakor Ikwerre the apex Ikwerre organization is anti Igbo. All Ikwerre town unions including Elele are members of Ogbakor Ikwerre and have representatives there.
If they have issues with Ogbakor Ikwerre stance on Ikwerre not being Igbo, they should go and make it there and publish their communique on dailies.

Ikwerre is not Igbo. It's the duty and obligation of any Igbo nationalist who wants Igbo progress to hold to heart this truth and always proclaim it.

3 Likes

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by MetaPhysical: 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
EbenezerTriumph:

Meleszenawi is not Igbo.
btw this thread is needless cos weren't all sick and tired of all this Igbo this, Igbo that on nairaland.
Abi na only Igbos be the only ethnic group for naija?

I know he is not Igbo. I know. He is Ibo. A truant and slave of Igala. He should speak for his Ibo people in Anambra and stop poking his nose in Igbo matter.
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by MetaPhysical: 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

As high as 48% of British people voted to be part of EU. Yet the 52% who wanted out had their way.
And even though the 48% would want to identify with EU, the EU will not accept them, and would make sure they are treated same way as their 52% brothers who voted against EU inclusion.

This is how you run a Union. It must be made in such a way that no group gets to eat their cake and still have it, lest the union becomes useless.

You lots claiming and accepting few Ikwerres who accept Igbo tag, even when you are well aware that the majority of Ikwerre people are not only against Igbo Union, but are voraciously Igbophobic are doing harm to Igbo as an ethnic group.

Ogbakor Ikwerre the apex Ikwerre organization is anti Igbo. All Ikwerre town unions including Elele are members of Ogbakor Ikwerre and have representatives there.
If they have issues with Ogbakor Ikwerre stance on Ikwerre not being Igbo, they should go and make it there and publish their communique on dailies.

Ikwerre is not Igbo. It's the duty and obligation of any Igbo nationalist who wants Igbo progress to hold to heart this truth and always proclaim it.
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by MetaPhysical: 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

It's an academic fact established by linguists of international repute. You cant argue this.

Igala assimilated aboriginal Igbos who where at Idah from the very beginning of Igala formation.
The same Igalanization was happening in Anambra North and Nsukka area before the arrival of the colonials. Though Nsukka people rallied together and defeated the Igala invaders.

Igala assimilated aboriginal Igbos in Kogi East, while Ndiigbo assimilated Igala invaders and migrants(refugees) in Anambra North , Enugu North and Anioma .

Back to back Endorsements for Igboid input.
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
MetaPhysical:

I know he is not Igbo. I know. He is Ibo. A truant and slave of Igala. He should speak for his Ibo people in Anambra and stop poking his nose in Igbo matter.

Rule 2 violated... Let me bookmark it.

Will be back later.
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

My dear your anology is wrong very wrong... You mistake EU (which is man made ) with ethnicity which is Natural

Try again ! I am not particularly about ikwerre being Igbo or not ! Trust me it doesn't change anything to the Igbo ... Or even ikwerre

We just have to put things in proper perspective and stop being emotional ikwerre just like Nkwerre , Okwelle are Igbo sub group ... Period it is not debatable

What you can talk is if they decide to be on their own? Oh yes they have that right because nobody would force them ... But that still doesn't change the fact that they are igboid
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 5:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

You are a big clown trust me... Igala assimilated Igbo in Ebu yet they speak Igbo as their language and the Igbo being assimilated don't speak Igala ( now this is stupidity)
Igala assimilated igbo in Ebu yet their king is named Onu Ebu (Igbo meaning the spokesman of Ebu)

Chai .... Your definition of assimilated is funny... Can you go back to queen premier 1 ... You need to have a good grasp of terms

Please read this and see the Igbo names of the Kings such as Aninta (small land ) etc ... I am not here for argument ! I put things in proper perspective

Even the president is Nwakalor... Is that Igala name?

You see... We have a lot of kids here

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

Igala assimilated Igbo in kogi yet they didn't change the Igbo names of their towns... Abeg define assimilated here... You don't assimilate a people yet they retain their Igbo towns , names and culture ... You see you should look up for the word cultural assimilation then when you are done come back for proper lecturing

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Igboid: 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:

You are a big clown trust me... Igala assimilated Igbo in Ebu yet they speak Igbo as their language and the Igbo being assimilated don't speak Igala ( now this is stupidity)
Igala assimilated igbo in Ebu yet their king is named Onu Ebu (Igbo meaning the spokesman of Ebu)

Chai .... Your definition of assimilated is funny... Can you go back to queen premier 1 ... You need to have a good grasp of terms

Onu in Igala is a cognate of Olu in Yoruba. Onu igala sounds more like Onu for neck in Igbo than Onu for mouth. I hope you know that?

My take is that the Igala migrants and refugees in Ebu were able to outnumber the aboriginal Igbos there and hence were able to seize the control of the monarchy of the town and hence retained their Igala language as first language while being bilingual.
In the neighboring Illah where Igalas also migrated to, the Igbo aboriginals outnumbered them and retained the throne, hence the Igalas were totally and completely assimilated in Illah only heard about in exaggerated and distorted origin stories as is norm in Igbo speaking realm outside SE.

I have no doubt that you are an IPOB member. You lots are always quick to throw expletives around and too lacking in knowledge of Igbo and her relationship with aggressive minorities neighbours. Which is why you lots are ignorantly proposing a Frankenstein monster country with the minorities (Edos, Ijaws, and Igala) who are not only Igbophobic, but are actively eying and working overnight to assimilate Igbo speaking groups and territories and shrink our already small land mass more.

You lots are so blind that your ways defy logic and common sense.

1 Like

Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

Onu in Igala is a cognate of Olu in Yoruba. Onu igala sounds more like Onu for next in Igbo than Onu for mouth. I hope you know that?

My take is that the Igala migrants and refugees in Ebu were able to outnumber the aboriginal Igbos there and hence were able to seize the control of the monarchy of the town and hence retained their Igala language as first language while being bilingual.
In the neighboring Illah where Igalas also migrated to, the Igbo aboriginals outnumbered them and retained the throne, hence the Igalas were totally and completely assimilated in Illah only heard about in exaggerated and distorted origin stories as is norm in Igbo speaking realm outside SE.

I have no doubt that you are an IPOB member. You lots are always quick to throw expletives around and too lacking in knowledge of Igbo and her relationship with aggressive minorities neighbours. Which is why you lots are ignorantly proposing a Frankenstein monster country with the minorities (Edos, Ijaws, and Igala) who are not only Igbophobic, but are actively eying and working overnight to assimilate Igbo speaking groups and territories and shrink our already small land mass more.

You lots are so blind that your ways defie logic and common sense.

The greatest mistake you are making is relating to me with a rascal organization like IPOB... That is hieght of stupidity! I am pure Igbo man that puts things in proper perspective not as of I have anything to gain ... I don't see how ikwere is better off ... I know Rivers in and out from PH to Elele to Omaleru to Etche and Ahoda... And trust me these places are backward very very... But I would say thing in the way they are .. I stand with the truth to hell with IPOB stuff... Some of us don't care about that stuff
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by AmuDimpka: 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
Igboid:

Onu in Igala is a cognate of Olu in Yoruba. Onu igala sounds more like Onu for next in Igbo than Onu for mouth. I hope you know that?

You lots are so blind that your ways defie logic and common sense.

LoL..
Funny guy Onu is mouth (Spokesman ). .. in Igbo and has nothing to do with Yoruba ... Also what about the kind name and the names of town president

You must be one of these Creek boys ... I don't think you are intellectual sound to have this conversation... You are sentimental and I don't deal with sentiments. I say the truth
Re: Arthur Eze, Elumelu, Obi, Ikwechegh Make List Of Top Influential Igbo People by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
AmuDimpka:

The greatest mistake you are making is relating to me with a rascal organization like IPOB... That is hieght of stupidity! I am pure Igbo man that puts things in proper perspective not as of I have anything to gain ... I don't see how ikwere is better off ... I know Rivers in and out from PH to Elele to Omaleru to Etche and Ahoda... And trust me these places are backward very very... But I would say thing in the way they are .. I stand with the truth to hell with IPOB stuff... Some of us don't care about that stuff

Good Submission.

Ipob is a negative dxs and influence to our youths.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Tinubu Wins Six LGs In Katsina, Atiku Gets One So Far / Yahaya Lawal, Buhari’s Aide Prevented From Entering UN General Assembly. Photo / Sheikh Jafar's Assassination Files By Ibrahim Shekarau Found In Goje's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.