Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,100 members, 7,953,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:52 PM

Zankli Medical Centre Losses Chairman To COVID-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Zankli Medical Centre Losses Chairman To COVID-19 (259 Views)

Can You Sue A Medical Centre For This (photo) / Ondo Church Attack: Blood Donors Needed At Federal Medical Centre Owo / Pastor Enenche Commissions Messiah Medical Centre In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zankli Medical Centre Losses Chairman To COVID-19 by allthingsgood: 6:53am On Jul 17, 2020
A Professor of Infectious Diseases, Lovett Lawson, has died of Covid-19.

Lawson, who was Chairman, Board of Directors, Zankli Medical Centre, Abuja, died in quarantine at the National Hospital, Abuja, on Monday.

The deceased, it was learnt, had some underlying conditions which made it impossible for him to recover.

Lawson, who graduated from the University of Lagos in 1975, later bagged a PhD from the University of Liverpool.

His area of expertise was clinical tropical medicine.

The Spokesman for the National Hospital, Dr. Tayo Haastrup, confirmed Lawson’s passing on Monday evening.

Haastrup, however, did not confirm if it was Covid that claimed Lawson’s life.

“I can confirm that Prof. Lawson died at the National Hospital today. His loss is a painful one indeed.”

https://nationalaccordnewspaper.com/zankli-medical-centre-losses-chairman-to-covid-19/

Re: Zankli Medical Centre Losses Chairman To COVID-19 by iceboy4752(m): 6:54am On Jul 17, 2020
So bad! Ironically, even his status as a medical doctor couldn't save him.

1 Like

Re: Zankli Medical Centre Losses Chairman To COVID-19 by sandyd: 7:17am On Jul 17, 2020
Dr Lawson will really be missed in Zankli. One of the oldest private hospitals in Abuja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zankli Medical Centre Losses Chairman To COVID-19 by Geosystem(m): 8:03am On Jul 17, 2020
sandyd:
Dr Lawson will really be missed in Zankli. One of the oldest private hospitals in Abuja.

You are right. I always pass that hospital, on the high way, enroute to kado Estate when I was quite young on my way to School.
Re: Zankli Medical Centre Losses Chairman To COVID-19 by SirWarlock: 12:04pm On Jul 17, 2020
When we don't have enough expertise sad. RIP to him

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Dirtiest States In Nigeria (VIDEO) / This Strike Is Unfair / Best First Aid Treatment For House Poisoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.