Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse (58177 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Tumbulum: 11:33pm On Jul 17, 2020
I think am done with winners. Tired of hearing this kind of thing. More like bullying.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
That's a lie grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by obonujoker(m): 11:35pm On Jul 17, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It seems some people’s minds have been opened by the effects of the COVID19. They got to realize that many things being preached in church aren’t real, and understand that nothing will happen if one stays at home on Sunday.

Pastor Oyedepo And Oyakilome have been bursted now, judging their aggressive agitation against the church closure caused by the outbreak of the pandemic.
The reason they have been so much antagonizing church closure is surely based on dwindling response to tithe and offering payment and being afraid of people ever being faithful to it again.

He understands his aggressive preaching against church closure isn’t working, hence the stylish urge for tithing backed up with curse

Not going to church is a bad thing for any Christian. Let's forget the tithing issue. Going to church and constantly hearing the good news improves an strengthens the believer's faith. However I see this phase as a preparation for most believers of what to come when the man of perdition arrives on the Earth, before the Lord Jesus comes to take away the saints from God's judgment on this evil mundane world
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by jaymichael(m): 11:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
He is the one that is under a curse. A very heavy curse.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
thymm:
My Lord Jesus has set me free and I am free indeed. I am not under any curse. Jesus paid the price, I don't need to pay anything for all he has given to me freely.
For I know the grace of my Lord Jesus Christ, though He was rich He became poor, that we through His poverty might be rich.
I know God loves me, because He loves a cheerful giver. I give to the poor and as well to the body of Christ for the advancement of the gospel and charity works. This I do willingly and joyfully according to the measure of grace God has given me. I can even give my all, not just one tenth. I am not compelled to do what I do and how I do it by any man. The Holy Spirit is my guide and my director. Christ in me the hope of glory
And the Spirit of God is responsible for guiding you to going against God's own word? Are you even sane at all to suggest that the Spirit of God is responsible for you falling for the lies of yet another one of the false Prophets Jesus warned you against ?

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Askme2020(m): 11:37pm On Jul 17, 2020
gift2xl:
Christ said, I have not come to do away with the laws, but to strengthened them all.
And please kindly point where Christ or any of his Disciple pay or received tithe?
It was on record that Christ pay Tax.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Golan007: 11:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
[s]
ComeToJesus:

I don't have the luxury of time to masticate and exegit the scripture so that it can be digested at your level. In two days, I'll be able to spare you ample time to liberate your mind from private interpretations of the scripture that has ruthlessly held you hostage. Till then..
[/s]
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
obonujoker:

Not going to church is a bad thing for any Christian. Let's forget the tithing issue. Going to church and constantly hearing the good news improves an strengthens the believer's faith. However I see this phase as a preparation for most believers of what to come when the man of perdition arrives on the Earth, before the Lord Jesus comes to take away the saints from God's judgment on this evil mundane world
Jesus Christ NEVER told you to go to church. He never asked His followers to build anything for Him or the Father. So where do you get the claim that not going to church is bad for Christians?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by superjoe(m): 11:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
You are nothing but a frustrated business man

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by obonujoker(m): 11:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
MyICThub:
Father forgive them

Instead of opening your mouth to talk in the nonsense or in the rubbish

Read your Bible (Properly)

For the hypocrites...

I love this response.

"Father forgive them for they know not what they do"

The Lord Jesus bless you bro.... Thanks
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Golan007: 11:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
[s]
obonujoker:

[/s]

What church did John the Baptist attend?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
Tumbulum:
I think am done with winners. Tired of hearing this kind of thing. More like bullying.
You think you are done? When are you going to realize that you dont need these so-called MOG to get to and live as Jesus Christ commanded?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by mulerogold(m): 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
Askme2020:

Olodo. Na people like you dey give this pastors mind to talk nonsense... Creating fear in people's mind.

No mind am.. most dem here on Nairaland are either Junior pastors or financial Secretary, so they also take their share from the funds.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by HarryDuce(m): 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
Hmph... ooh. Many "Christians" in this part of the world don't have personal relationship with God; they don't study their Bibles and instead, wait for second hand translation of the Bible from their pastors.

What is my own sef, the gullible will still be gullible regardless.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Askme2020(m): 11:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
THEMORALMEN:
Na wa o the way wey this people dey drag this religion of a thing go make we the moral men kuku ma switch to atheist because them no get hell fire or heaven, them just die and go in peace.

WE THE MORALMEN
SAY" if religion is too heavy for you drop am and be at peace wit your eleda (higherself). remember you only live once.
You only remember the life you have now... But u can also access the lives you have lived before. U don't live once.. U keep coming and coming until you know the truth and the truth set you free.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by luminouz(m): 11:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
Lovelyn451:
This wan preaching no dey ever pass tithe...tvheew

shocked shocked shocked

Even you don vex? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by delait: 11:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
That is to say that all billionaires in the world are Tithers. Anyway is left for followers to act.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by mulerogold(m): 11:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
Askme2020:

Will you keep shut please

Dont mind d bros . He pay nothing. He's a Junior pastor..
He want try convince people to keep paying so he keep feeding Fat from another mans sweat.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by otokx(m): 11:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
They have come again.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Askme2020(m): 11:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
saxywale1:

They don't care. Lol.
They can convince you to sell your properties or borrow money to to pay as tithes.

When I was at Universities, jobless students were paying 10% of their pocket money to campus fellowships. The money gets forwarded to the church headquarters.

Whenever the fellowship needs money and make a request from the headquarters, the students would get a reply that they should generate funds amongst themselves. You can imagine.
Honestly this is pure wickedness... I use to think about this too when I was in school. And you dare not talk or you will be term as unbeliever or a sinner.. But now I know better

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by obonujoker(m): 11:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ NEVER told you to go to church. He never asked His followers to build anything for Him or the Father. So where do you get the claim that not going to church is bad for Christians?

Church is a place where people gather to listen to the sermon. Church might not necessarily be a building. The Lord Jesus taught the "sermon on the mount", to whom?? People. They gathered at a place and Jesus taught them. The Lord Jesus even visited a synagogue, and called it "my father's house".

Church is a gathering of people to renew their faith in the Lord Jesus. Now, humans felt it's better to build a place for people to gather rather than in an open field etc, just like how we have school building.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 11:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
ComeToJesus:

I don't have the luxury of time to masticate and exegit the scripture so that it can be digested at your level. In two days, I'll be able to spare you ample time to liberate your mind from private interpretations of the scripture that has ruthlessly held you hostage. Till then..
Exegit the scripture? Lol...you mean scripture that you have never actually read for your own self to learn the truth that has been available to your from at least 3500 years ago?

Liberate your mind from these so-called MOGs and stop lying against God. whatever tithing you carry out has nothing to do with God's tithing plan.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Askme2020(m): 11:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
Pzpropertylimit:
Thank God u are not God
He is actually... But not the kind of God we all knows
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Askme2020(m): 11:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
Kentuforchrist:
no one gonna stop me from paying my tithe cos there is a blessing in it .if u are pain nack ur head for wall
Who is stopping this one... Continue na
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by obonujoker(m): 11:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
Golan007:
[s][/s]

What church did John the Baptist attend?

None. However he believed in the Lord Jesus, and still gathered people to teach them the wats of God.
Although, he never preached tithe or prosperity, but true worship and repentance, just like Jesus and the early apostolic Christians.
So if Nigerian pastors have bastardized the whole thing, that doesn't negate the importance of church in a Christian's life
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Askme2020(m): 11:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never gave you a formulae for Tithing. God did that in the book of Numbers. Have you even ever read it before? Or are you one of those blind So-called Christians who live to worship every word that comes out of the mouths of these so-called MOG? undecided

Jesus Christ never transferred tithing or even any of the old Covenant laws. He was clear about the separation of old wine and new wine. Why are you willing to lie even against Jesus Christ on behalf of these so-called MOG? undecided

Abraham was not a descendant of Israel so how could tithing transfer from Abraham to gentiles? Why do you go as far as to inject lies into Paul's words on behalf of these so-called MOGs? undecided
Don't mind them. Many of them even fear and follow this MOGs word more than they follow Jesus Teaching sef

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by jaymichael(m): 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
Omoluabi16:
He's simply echoing what the bible said. For those who are crying, you can go argue with malachi 3'10
start to read from chapter 2 and get the whole context. Chapters 2 and 3 of Malachi is talking about the thieving priests who corner the tithes collected for themselves instead of utilizing it as according to Deuteronomy chapter 14 vs 22-29. Deuteronomy chapter 26 vs 12. Deuteronomy ch 12 vs 6-9. Your tithe (according to the law of Moses) is to be consumed by the landless priest, family, neighbors, friends, enemies, strangers and acquaintances, orphans, widows etc. The only people under the old testament curse and the priest that steals the tithes meant for everyone.
You see, Malachi 3 doesn't specify the law about tithing, the passages I stated does. Practising Christianity doesn't give you a licence to be foolish. No "pastor" is entitled to 10% of your income except he must follow all the laws of the old testament like animals sacrifice etc.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by 2LESS(m): 11:52pm On Jul 17, 2020
When a pastor needs help, his members contributes money for him. But when a member needs help, the pastor prays for the member.

This is the way of the church in Africa.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Kobojunkie: 11:53pm On Jul 17, 2020
obonujoker:

Church is a place where people gather to listen to the sermon. Church might not necessarily be a building. The Lord Jesus taught the "sermon on the mount", to whom?? People. They gathered at a place and Jesus taught them. The Lord Jesus even visited a synagogue, and called it "my father's house".
Jesus Christ went into the temples and synagogues to call people out, not to call them in. Read your Bible please.

Why do you think they eventually wanted to kill him?
His disciples also went into the temples and synagogues to preach that people accept Jesus Christ and abandon their worship in the temple and the synagogues. Why do you Stephen and james, along with many other Christians in Jerusalem at the time?

The disciples never built an assembly hall or a house of God because Jesus never commanded such was needed since everyone has the same teacher and only one teacher...Jesus Christ. There were no sermons because the Spirit of God taught each believer as He would, the Truth of Jesus Christ.
obonujoker:

Church is a gathering of people to renew their faith in the Lord Jesus. Now, humans felt it's better to build a place for people to gather rather than in an open field etc, just like how we have school building.
Did Jesus Christ teach you this or are you simply regurgitating the lie that your so-called MOGs have pounded into your mind for years?

Jesus never told you to gather anywhere. In fact just when the disciples were getting used to being in one place, the Spirit of God stepped in and sent them to far away lands, many of them alone, so they could do what Jesus Christ commanded rather than maybe settle in to some sense of security like what you all gather in your church-world to pretend you have with each other.

You renew your faith , the key is obedience. To grow your faith, the key is obedience, to have faith, the key is obedience... obedience of Christ's commandments, not sitting in churches thinking you can make magic happen by wishing it

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Youngzedd(m): 11:53pm On Jul 17, 2020
Omoluabi16:
He's simply echoing what the bible said. For those who are crying, you can go argue with malachi 3'10

Watch this >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHj-gJVDg6o with open mind.

Forget about the messenger, grab the message.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by OyinO: 11:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
Scammers they are!!! Thieves!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse by Apination(m): 11:56pm On Jul 17, 2020
Tithing didn't start with Malachi 3:10, and it would be ignorant to base it on that verse. No one who's in Christ Jesus can be under a curse, the gospel is not tithe based but salvation based and the truth is prosperity comes only from having Jesus and working in the spirit. The story of Peter and John with the man at the beautiful gate should open us to that which is real, God is more interested in giving to us through those he has commissioned for the work because he has made ample provision for the workers. The great commission moreover doesn't include asking for tithe, Jesus specifically asked that they preach the word, anything outside that is secondary.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Folakemi Kuforiji Dances Gbe Body / Zanku Legwork In Church / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / Burial Of Father Cosmas Ahamefula Ekwuribe Who Died In His Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.