Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,075 members, 7,814,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 - Politics (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 (80546 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Aguiyi Ironsi Visiting Ibadan Before His Arrest And Murder / Aguiyi Ironsi & Babangida At A Reception In 1966 (Throwback Photo) / FFK: Buhari Among Officers That Plotted Killing Of Aguiyi Ironsi 58 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 29, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Why you have not been able to show proof to the contrary and still as well not been able to explain how Ojukwu's making Azikiwe an envoy in Biafra didn't translate to giving Azikiwe a leadership position.
AfghanEASTern terrorist like you.

Nigerian government has envoys at the moment and it doesn't make it a leadership position dude get a life, your hatred of igbos is not making you objective. you are already using name calling and abuse to get your point by calling me a terrorist. Oga you have no talk your plan to sow seeds of discord has failed we have igbos that know their history very well.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by T9ksy(m): 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
obynzo:

Nigerian government has envoys at the moment and it doesn't make it a leadership position dude get a life, your hatred of igbos is not making you objective. you are already using name calling and abuse to get your point by calling me a terrorist. Oga you have no talk you plan yo sow seeds of discord has failed we have igbos that know their history very well.

You, my good sir, ain't among those ibos that truly knows their history. Probably, you are just being your genetically-wired deceitful self.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2021
T9ksy:

You, my good sir, ain't among those ibos that truly knows their history. Probably, you are just being your genetically-wired deceitful self.

You see it shows your small minded nature. I have said i know my history well and you have seen my comments show me where i lied in any of my comments?
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by rafindo(m): 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ezeama400:

The bolded is not true.. Gowon abolished regional government and created 12 states.. Your lies and propaganda can never be true despite repeating it million times..

[b]Before Gowon became head of state in August 1966, Nigeria was a federation of

1) 4 semi-autonomous Regions
2) Each Region had resource control
3)Each Region kept 50% of whatever accrued within it, paid the Federal Government 25% and the rest 25% went into a General account that all the Regions including the Federal Government could use for developmental purpose.
4)Because the 4 Regions were semi-autonomous, it made the centre week and prevented any Region from dominating another

Today, we have

1)36 states that have little or no resource control
2) A powerful Federal government that now pays the states
3)Fiscal federalism is dead

How did we get here? It was Gowons promulgation of Decree 14 on the 27th of May 1967 that caused it all. It was this same decree that forced Ojukwu to declare the Eastern Region a seperate country called Biafra 3 days later and this led to the war. It should also be added that decree 14 was a violation of the Aburi agreement that both Gowon and Ojukwu signed in Ghana.

Decree 14, abolished the 4 Regions, replaced them with 12 states, took away resource control, reversed fiscal responsibility and made the federal government all powerful

It was seen for what it was by Ojukwu and the Eastern Region, a calculated attempt by Gowon and his Northern cohorts to dominate everyone.

Suddenly, the North that was one Region, had 6 states while the South that was 3 Regions had to share 6 states between them. This effectively made the North the dominant partner[/b]

Subsequent military administration's led by Northerners subdivided the 12 states Gowon created, and gave the North more states and local governments than the south

Today, the North that was one Region has overwhelming advantage over the South that was 3 Regions

1) The North has 19 states while the south has 17

2)Of the 109 Senators in Nigeria, the North has 59 while the south has 50

3) Of the 360 house of rep members, the North has 191 while the South has 169

4) Of the 774 Local Governments in Nigeria, the North has 419 while the South has 355

This undue advantage given to the North, starting with Gowons decree 14 which changed the structure of Nigeria, is what led to war and created the mess Nigeria is in today

Know your history..

I am done with you.. Bye

Don't be annoyed oh.
But is the landmass the same.
Even in USA the headquarters of the so called democracy still have some state having more than the others. Mokwa and Toro LGA is bigger than Anambra state.
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by T9ksy(m): 8:35pm On Oct 29, 2021
obynzo:

You see it shows your small minded nature. I have said i know my history well and you have seen my comments show me where i lied in any of my comments?

Of course, you know YOUR history well shocked.

That was why you were asking for links about this first act of hooliganism ( mace snatching) in our nascent democracy, creditted to one of your kinsman, in Yorubaland.

Probably, due to your inherent intellectual laziness, you predictably concluded that it was a lie.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
T9ksy:

Of course, you know YOUR history well shocked.

That was why you were asking for links about this first act of hooliganism ( mace snatching) in our nascent democracy, creditted to one of your kinsman, in Yorubaland.

Probably, due to your inherent intellectual laziness, you predictably concluded that it was a lie.

Bros show us the link and stop babbling and spewing thash
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
obynzo:

Nigerian government has envoys at the moment and it doesn't make it a leadership position dude get a life, your hatred of igbos is not making you objective. you are already using name calling and abuse to get your point by calling me a terrorist. Oga you have no talk your plan to sow seeds of discord has failed we have igbos that know their history very well.

I wouldn't expect you to know the difference between an envoy and an ambassador. Nigeria presently has an ambassador to many countries and that's what you use interchangeably with envoy.
Go and check your dictionary first.

Meanwhile you can't know Azikiwe's role in Biafra more than Azikiwe's son himself who granted the interview below:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/we-sensed-dad-was-disappointed-about-nigeria-before-his-death-ziks-son/%3famp

Note where the son says in response to a question asked about his father's role in Biafra and as follows:
Of course, initially, he was skeptical about it, but when it was obvious that there was Biafra, who was the spokesperson for Biafra? He was the one. He was the one travelling around the whole world to get support. He was the one that was meeting leaders to get them to support the Biafran cause. He was also an adviser to Odumegwu Ojukwu for a long time.

I guess that the role which confereed on a man all the duties described above was not a leadership role but that of an ordinary follower in your AfghanEASTern reasoning?

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
obynzo:

Stop this terrorist behavior. Only terrorists see superior facts and arguement but refuse to bow to it hence they go on killing spree.
You have been given the link repeatedly together with a snapshot of the specific page the information is contained in.

Here it is again: https://www.academia.edu/6198062/The_Fall_of_the_First_Republic

Go to page 29 and read, you AfghanEASTern terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by T9ksy(m): 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2021
obynzo:

Ode ni e !

Have you bothered to check the link supplied by DT? Hell no!! But you will still insist that the asserion is a lie.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2021
hakeem4:
I believe he did it so as to help his igbo people, because igbos were mostly dominating most facet of life in nigeria
Your explanation is quite illogical. He actually did so not because his people were actually already dominating any facet of Nigerian life but because he wanted them to dominate in an unmerited manner just as Hausafulanis are doing today by bountifully harvesting the unitary system imposed on us by AfghanEASTerns.
You would recall that prior to Ironsi's coming, we were practicing true federalism marked by 50% resource control and regional autonomy which gave each region the power to make her own laws. Now, in a federal system it is common to have in place in each federating unit a law that precludes non-indegenes from certain benefits e.g. school fees rebate, state-sponsored scholarships, recruitment into state police, etc. until such a time the government of those regions/state deems them qualified to share such benefits on account of having lived there long enough and become integrated by naturalization just as it happens in USA and Europe. For the fact that Igbos had already migrated in large numbers into every other region, Ironsi and Azikiwe wanted their people in the Nigerian diaspora not to have to wait and pass through any probational period before being treated as equals with the natives. It is like wanting a Nigerian migrant to the US to get stay permit and citizenship on arrival right at the John Kennedy International Airport.
So Aguiyi Ironsi abolished federalism to remove the lawful barriers which subjected his brothers to probation in other regions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by gawu1: 5:43pm On Oct 30, 2021
donstan18:
I just wish Military regime will be back, so that one particular man like that will be killed with his cows.
The piece you are making this silly comment is supposed to be a reminder.
Alas, you have forgotten how over 3 million pigs were used as pay back for killing of just less than 10 cows by their leaders.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Uchek(m): 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hi I want to interview you.

The history of federalism in Nigeria suffered a setback in May 1966, when the military government under Major-General J.T.U.Aguiyi-Ironsi abolished the federal system of government and formed a unitary system of government. Thus, the national military government legislated for the whole of the country. After the counter coup-d’etat of July 1966, General Gowon promulgated a decree abolishing the unification decree of Ironsi and restored Nigeria to federal system of government. Nigeria did not go back to the old four regions but dramatic changes took place. According to D.A. Ijalaye; “by breaking the old Northern and Eastern Regions into six and three states respectively, each with extensive semi-autonomous powers, and by the distribution of assets and liabilities of the former regional governments, major changes had been effected in the potential balance of powers within the federation as well as the position and powers of Native Authorities and of many ethnic groups especially the minorities.”

It was Gowon that restored the Federal System
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2021
T9ksy:

Ode ni e !

Have you bothered to check the link supplied by DT? Hell no!! But you will still insist that the asserion is a lie.

You are big fool. put the link and stop abusing me. i have tried to be reasonable with you, but you want to be stupid.
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Stop this terrorist behavior. Only terrorists see superior facts and arguement but refuse to bow to it hence they go on killing spree.
You have been given the link repeatedly together with a snapshot of the specific page the information is contained in.

Here it is again: https://www.academia.edu/6198062/The_Fall_of_the_First_Republic

Go to page 29 and read, you AfghanEASTern terrorist.

You are really a fool calling me a terrorist. So a thesis is now a statement of fact. Thesis that it is at best very flawed. Show me a link from well established historian and an actor in the whole episode. You think we are fools abi. Bros bring something more credible and stop fooling yourself.
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2021
Deadlytruth:

I wouldn't expect you to know the difference between an envoy and an ambassador. Nigeria presently has an ambassador to many countries and that's what you use interchangeably with envoy.
Go and check your dictionary first.

Meanwhile you can't know Azikiwe's role in Biafra more than Azikiwe's son himself who granted the interview below:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/we-sensed-dad-was-disappointed-about-nigeria-before-his-death-ziks-son/%3famp

Note where the son says in response to a question asked about his father's role in Biafra and as follows:
Of course, initially, he was skeptical about it, but when it was obvious that there was Biafra, who was the spokesperson for Biafra? He was the one. He was the one travelling around the whole world to get support. He was the one that was meeting leaders to get them to support the Biafran cause. He was also an adviser to Odumegwu Ojukwu for a long time.

I guess that the role which confereed on a man all the duties described above was not a leadership role but that of an ordinary follower in your AfghanEASTern reasoning?

Once again you are a big fool. Is an envoy a leadership position. you being an adviser doesn't put you in a leadership position, it is up to those in power to listen to your advise or not. Please bring evidence that Zik moved NCNC HQ from Lagos to Enugu.
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 8:04pm On Oct 30, 2021
obynzo:

Once again you are a big fool. Is an envoy a leadership position. you being an adviser doesn't put you in a leadership position, it is up to those in power to listen to your advise or not. Please bring evidence that Zik moved NCNC HQ from Lagos to Enugu.

You are an idiot with a rotten brain. A fool among fools. if not, you would have seen the copious references from credible journals all featuring on it, and that is if you opened the link at all. The author didn't write it as a thesis but as an summary account of the events which he compiled from different documented sources written by eyewitnesses and contemporary academics of those periods. Please which bush school did you attend in your AfghanEASTerns terrorist region where you were taught that a thesis is same as a narration? Big Buffon! If you can't show proof that Michael Okpara received a delegation Lettie from Lagos mandating him to travel from Enugu to Ibadan to beg Awolowo's wife for the very all-South alliance which you AfghanEASTern idiots initially rejected in pursuit of your domination agenda calculations, then you remain the stinking victim of moronic plague you are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
obynzo:

Blind AfghanEASTern terrorist. Was it only advisory duty you read Azikiwe's biological son crediting to his father in that interview, or you as usual didn't open it at all? So for a person to be traveling all over the world officially and in representative capacity of his country is not a leadership role?
Your weak lines of defense here lay it bare before the whole world that you are one of the eaters of Lamidi Cownu's poo.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by revolt(m): 8:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
The guy got what he deserved by being nepotistic, killing Northerners and Westerners excluding his Eastern Brothers. He was the one that form Unitary Govt abolishing Regional Govt and Devolved Powers that his people are clamoring for today in the name of restructuring all because of greed and the grand plan to make his tribe to dominate other tribes in Nigeria.

His people started nepotism in Nigeria

See how you fools twist history.... Ironsi survived the 1st coup by a stroke of luck, and abolished regionalism BUT ALL REGIONS STILL HAD RESOURCE CONTROL. The difference was that the central/ unitary govt appointed admunstors for each region. Ofcos no elections in a military rule .....but every region was still autonomous. Contrary to how it may seem like it was insidious on his part, that was the possible way to end the chaos with emergency rule. He didn't know the amount of hate and jealousy the rest Nigeria had against the igbo then...they all thought we were one . GOWON ....GOWON. . GOWON was the one that abolished resource control while giving back so called federalism. He destroyed Nigeria. He caused the Civil War by reneging on the aburi agreements. I can blame ifeajuna for messing up the 1st coup but to be realistic , the west was boiling with Akintolas wild wild west and sardauna was openly showing his disdain for igbos and how he preferred the white man to other nigerians in the midst of riots and pogroms in the north. Michael okparas eastern region was relatively peaceful and the opposition had ousted ziks NCNC. Though unfortunately this has been thwarted as an igbo agenda.... its mischievously covered up that ojukwu and Ironsi were the reason the coup failed... the coup was halted by igbos. Ironside survived by the whiskers. History will never be rewritten by you revisionists. RIP TO IRONSI BUT THESE ARE THE STUPID LEADERS WE HAD THAT BELIEVED IN ONE NIGERIA AND FAILED TO SEE THE WRITING ON THR WALL.
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 30, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Blind AfghanEASTern terrorist. Was it only advisory duty you read Azikiwe's biological son crediting to his father in that interview, or you as usual didn't open it at all? So for a person to be traveling all over the world officially and in representative capacity of his country is not a leadership role?
Your weak lines of defense here lay it bare before the whole world that you are one of the eaters of Lamidi Cownu's poo.

Bring the links or excerpts of the interview and once again how old was Zik's son during the war. You are really stupid.
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
Deadlytruth:

You are an idiot with a rotten brain. A fool among fools. if not, you would have seen the copious references from credible journals all featuring on it, and that is if you opened the link at all. The author didn't write it as a thesis but as an summary account of the events which he compiled from different documented sources written by eyewitnesses and contemporary academics of those periods. Please which bush school did you attend in your AfghanEASTerns terrorist region where you were taught that a thesis is same as a narration? Big Buffon! If you can't show proof that Michael Okpara received a delegation Lettie from Lagos mandating him to travel from Enugu to Ibadan to beg Awolowo's wife for the very all-South alliance which you AfghanEASTern idiots initially rejected in pursuit of your domination agenda calculations, then you remain the stinking victim of moronic plague you are.

You are really a big bitter fool and a miserable SOD it seems an igbo girl broke your heart that is why you are filled with hate
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 8:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
revolt:

See how you fools twist history.... Ironsi survived the 1st couple by a stroke of luck and abolished regionalism BUT ALL REGIONS STILL HAD RESOURCE CONTROL.
How can someone abolish regionalism and the regions would still remain in place to have resource control?

revolt:

The difference was that the central/ unitary govt appointed admunstors for each region. Ofcos no elections in a military rule but every region was still autonomous.

How could the regions still be adjudged autonomous when Ironsi had in his May 24 national broadcast ordered his appointed regional governors to be reporting to him at the center? We're the regional premiers reporting to Balewa at the center during the period of genuine regional autonomy before Ironsi came on board?

revolt:

Contrary to how it may seem like it was insidious on his part, that was the way to end the chaos with emergency rule.

Every sincere person knows that to end the chaos resulting from a crisis, all it takes is to address the cause of the cause. We all are aware that the chaos which attracted the coup was the Western Region crisis which itself was a fall out of Balewa's abuse of power at the center by way of unlawfully interfering with the Akintola impeachment process on the Western House of Assembly, and also technically endorsing the rigging of the 1962 census in favour of the North and re-rigging the rerun of that census. Now common sense dictated that whoever sincerely came to arrest the chaos would have looked for ways to weaken the center where lower was so abused by Balewa hence such a person would promulgate centrifugal decrees which would have further transferred powers from the center to the regions thus forestalling a future repeat of abuse of power at the center. But Ironsi's doing of the direct opposite (i.e. taking more powers away from the regions to the center) was a logical evidence that he didn't have the genuine intention of addressing the chaos but to use the chaos as an opportunity to entrench his long held Igbo domination agenda.
revolt:

GOWON ....GOWON. . GOWON was the one that abolished resource control while giving back so called federalism. He destroyed Nigeria.

With Ironsi's Unification (centralization) of the civil service, resource control died. The civil service is the institution which any government uses to generate revenue and from both the mineral and human resources within her domains so a centralized civil service will only generate revenue for the central government. FIRS is a centralized institution. Now, Is it possible for FIRS staff working in Anambra State to generate VAT in Anambra and remit it to the account of Anambra State government?

revolt:

I can blame ifeajuna for messing up the 1st coup but to be realistic the west was boiling with Akintolas wild wild west and sardauna was openly showing his disdain for igbos and how he preferred the white man to other nigerians in the midst of riots and pogroms in the north.

Zik was initially in cahoots with Balewa and Akintola in fanning the embers in the West. How come a coup hatched supposedly to rescue the West ended up sparing Zik but taking Akintola's life? Moreover, why still go ahead with the coup when Balewa had publicly agreed in a press interview that a political solution was underway which would see Awolowo released from prison hence douse totally the tension in the West?

revolt:

Michael okpara eastern region was relatively peaceful and the opposition had ousted ziks NCNC. Though unfortunately this has been thwarted as an igbo agenda.... its mischievously covered up that ojukwu and Ironsi were the reason the coup failed... the coup was halted by igbos. Ironside survived by the whiskers. History will never be rewritten by you revisionists

I used to believe too that Ironsi knew nothing about the coup but some logical comparison with other similar instances started giving me reasons to believe those who link him with the coup.
Take for example Jonathan with all his acclaimed gentleness did all he could to kill the Okar brothers once it became established that it was they who attempted to bomb the life out of him on October 1 2010.
Likewise, once it became established that Ifeajuna plotted to kill Ojukwu during the war and thereafter take over Biafra leadership and then negotiate with the federal side for a ceasefire towards a reintegration of Biafra into one-Nigeria, you and I know Ojukwu apprehended him, tried him and wasted him immediately.
These two instances show that humans naturally do fatal justice to those who attempted to kill them but failed.
Now, how come Ironsi could for six whole months tolerate seeing alive those whose sword he later realized he narrowly escaped if he himself was totally ignorant of their coup plot?

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 9:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
obynzo:

You are really a big bitter fool and a miserable SOD it seems an igbo girl broke your heart that is why you are filled with hate

I have never in my wildest imagination seen myself in a date with an Igbo lady talkless of actually attempting in rea life a relationship with one that could culminate in her breaking my heart.
You would do better to just address the posers I have placed before you here than trying to derail this enlightening debate with this thrash you just threw up. Ineffectual Buffon.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
Deadlytruth:

I have never in my wildest imagination seen myself in a date with an Igbo lady talkless of actually attempting in rea life a relationship with one that could culminate in her breaking my heart.
You would do better to just address the posers I have placed before you here than trying to derail this enlightening debate with this thrash you just threw up. Ineffectual Buffon.

Bros you think you are smart. You said was Zik as an envoy in a leadership position in Biafra and I said no and I used the fact that envoys in our current Nigeria headed by Buhari are not in leadership position. You now decided to shift posts saying that Zik was an adviser and I explained to you that as an adviser it is the leaders in Authority in Biafra that would either heed the advice or not That made him not to be in a leadership position which I have proven to you. Now my own posers you have not provided an answer but you are still playing smart. Please show me the proof that Zik moved the HQ of NCNC from Lagos to Enugu. You still need to give me the link where Okpara went to beg Awolowo's wife.

You are blinded with hate and to crown it up you are even a fool which makes your case pathetic. You think you can troll Oga I will so haunt you on nairalabd that to spread hate and ethnic bias would be a lost cause for you.
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2021
obynzo:

Bring the links or excerpts of the interview and once again how old was Zik's son during the war. You are really stupid.
You are a cow and a goat combined. How old were you yourself during the war? Definitely Zik's son seniors you in physical age hence it is idiotic on your part to have boasted of deep knowledge of Nigeria's political history and then question that of the son of Zik whose was lectured by his father who happened to be a major player in those events.
You read and believe that there were WW 1, WW 2, American Civil War, etc, yet not even your parents had been born then. If being alive during the time of an event is what it takes for one to be an authority on those events, then What are historical records and books for? When I say you attended a bush school, you think I am insulting you. Brainless cranium and hopeless coconut head!

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2021
Deadlytruth:
You are a cow and a goat combined. How old were you yourself during the war? Definitely Zik's son seniors you in physical age hence it is idiotic on your part to have boasted of deep knowledge of Nigeria's political history and then question that of the son of Zik whose was lectured by his father who happened to be a major player in those events.
You read and believe that there were WW 1, WW 2, American Civil War, etc, yet not even your parents had been born then. If being alive during the time of an event is what it takes for one to be an authority on those events, then What are historical records and books for? When I say you attended a bush school, you think I am insulting you. Brainless cranium and hopeless coconut head!

Oga stop being a fool. Zik's son was a small teenager during the war Oga bring excepts to answer my posers. Miserable SOD
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Deadlytruth(m): 9:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
obynzo:

Bros you think you are smart. You said was Zik as an envoy in a leadership position in Biafra and I said no and I used the fact that envoys in our current Nigeria headed by Buhari are not in leadership position. You now decided to shift posts saying that Zik was an adviser and I explained to you that as an adviser it is the leaders in Authority in Biafra that would either heed the advice or not That made him not to be in a leadership position which I have proven to you. Now my own posers you have not provided an answer but you are still playing smart. Please show me the proof that Zik moved the HQ of NCNC from Lagos to Enugu. You still need to give me the link where Okpara went to beg Awolowo's wife.

You are blinded with hate and to crown it up you are even a fool which makes your case pathetic. You think you can troll Oga I will so haunt you on nairalabd that to spread hate and ethnic bias would be a lost cause for you.

Can't you see as you are ranting as a broken record with your incoherent and shifty defense lines? So in your useless and persecution complex-infested brain the positions of envoy, adviser and foreign affairs minister combined do not translate to leadership position? Then what is the definition of leadership position? Are you sure you went to school at all? So a minister is not a leader of his ministry? A portfolio holder is not a leader by any standard? Even your fellow Igbos are so ashamed of you that they are avoiding you like a plague in this thread. Idiot.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
Deadlytruth:

Can't you see as you are ranting as a broken record with your incoherent and shifty defense lines? So in your useless and persecution complex-infested brain the positions of envoy, adviser and foreign affairs minister combined do not translate to leadership position? Then what is the definition of leadership position? Are you sure you went to school at all? So a minister is not a leader of his ministry? A portfolio holder is not a leader by any standard? Even your fellow Igbos are so ashamed of you that they are avoiding you like a plague in this thread. Idiot.

Oga you are big fool oooo walahi. Please when is an envoy a foreign affairs minister? Nigeria at present has an envoy to the UN which is different from the foreign affairs minister. An envoy is no leader and cannot take issue in diplomatic affairs. Go and check the Oxford definition of Envoy: means a messenger or representative. So please tell me how a messenger or a representative is now a leader? Dude you are fool walahi. And my advice just lick your wounds in defeat because you have failed. Anymore attempt from you to reply and abuse me further confirms to all viewing the thread that you are a fool and your folly is deeper than the deepest oil well.
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by T9ksy(m): 9:32pm On Oct 30, 2021
obynzo:

You are big fool. put the link and stop abusing me. i have tried to be reasonable with you, but you want to be stupid.

In addition to DT's link, if you are genuinely seeking the truth, here's another link for you. This is not a "thesis" but a witness account of what exactly transpired on that fateful day on the floor of the regional western House of assembly.

https://dawodu.com/benson2.htm

Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
T9ksy:

In addition to DT's link, if you are genuinely seeking the truth, here's another link for you. This is not a "thesis" but a witness account of what exactly transpired on that fateful day on the floor of the regional western House of assembly.

https://dawodu.com/benson2.htm

Even that account was even false. the account of western House of Assembly is so falsified. first of all Ajegunle Ajeromi was under Lagos territory and not Western Region. Western region started from Onipanu, Ikeja Mushin Axis. Go and read Max Siollun's book and you will get an honest account not tainted with lies.
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Uchek(m): 8:06am On Oct 31, 2021
"Southeast still blame Awolowo/Yoruba till tomorrow for the defeat suffered by Ojukwu/Biafra ...."

But that is a historical fact. The Yoruba disproportionately fought and exclusively won the Northern Nigeria-Biafra War for Nigeria - actually Muslim Northern Nigeria should be the right word. Without Yoruba aligning with he North, the war would not have happened and if the Gowon and his fellow northerners were foolish enough to attack Biafra, Biafra would have defeated them. Who among the Northerners would have equaled the central role and importance, Awolowo played in the prosecution of the war. The answer is NONE.

Yoruba should hold their head high and claim ownership of their winning role in defeating Biafra.

DonroxyII:
Hero ... If he didn't die alongside Ironsi ... Southeast till date would say Fajuyi/Yoruba lured Ironsi to Ibadan for him to be killed ....

Southeast still blame Awolowo/Yoruba till tomorrow for the defeat suffered by Ojukwu/Biafra ....
Re: Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 by Uchek(m): 8:11am On Oct 31, 2021
"the same Zik who sabotaged the secession clause motion all before then"

Zik did not sabotage the secession clause motion. First, there was never a motion. Second, Zik had no political authority to sabotage the motion, if their was any. Let me agree with you for the purpose of discourse, please can you educate me on the correlation between Zik's sabotage of the secession clause motion and Biafra's secession
Deadlytruth:

See who is talking of understanding Nigeria's history. The same you who has not been able to answer the simple question of how Ojukwu expected Awolowo to remain committed to the joint secession arrangement after seeing Zik having a portfolio in Biafra.....the same Zik who sabotaged the secession clause motion all before then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Trump Said Buhari Is So Lifeless - Financial Times / DSS Launches Manhunt For Sunday Igboho After Recovering Arms From Him / Why Are These Two Igbo States Hated???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.