Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Dead Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dead Faith (481 Views)

Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) / 10 Bible Characters Of Great Faith / Lady Sees Her Menstruation At Living Faith Church, Umuahia After 6 Years (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2020
Believing in Jesus ALONE CANNOT SAVE anyone. Even the devil and all the demons also believe there's God and that the Scripture (the Bible) was inspired by God. But they DO NOT obey, and neither can they be holy. And our faith won't be any better than theirs if we DO NOT obey too.

Just as a human body is DEAD without the Spirit, likewise one's Faith is DEAD without WORKS of Obedience to Jesus as recorded in the New testament.

Many of us only focus more on the external things for people to see or notice; creating good or religious impression on others; like great church activities, etc. But God is not necessarily impressed with JUST the External things we FOCUS so much on, which is secondary. But the main thing is the "foundation" of OBEDIENCE to God's Words.

There's real need for judging oneself and getting rid of every form of Hypocrisy or mere Religious Acting (looking HOLY on the outside, but thoroughly worldly inside: SINS or wickedness in the Heart), before our time runs out.

We need to humble ourselves before God, and get GRACE to obey; not just being EMPTY Hearers, Readers and even Teachers or Speakers of the Word. Lest we remain terribly FOOLED by "a form of godliness" without the Power to actually please God: living in False Reality. (See James 1:23-25)

Jas.1.22 - But BE doers of the word, and NOT hearers ONLY, "deceiving" yourselves.

Jas.2.19 - You "believe" that there is one God. You do well. EVEN the demons believe--and tremble!

Jas.2.24 - You see then that a man is "justified" by WORKS, and NOT by faith ONLY.

Matt.23.26 - Blind Pharisee (and we Christians of today), FIRST cleanse the INSIDE of the cup and dish, that the OUTSIDE of them may be clean ALSO.

May the Lord Jesus bless you.
Re: Dead Faith by Goldp5988(f): 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2020
Yes, obedience is better than sacrifices, O God help me to obey You.
Re: Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2020
Goldp5988:

Well said, sister. But we actually have to "decide" and even sometimes have to come to "spiritual violence" to be Real DOERS:

Matt.11.12 - And from the days of John the Baptist until NOW the kingdom of heaven suffers "Violence", and "the violent" take it by FORCE.

God bless.
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
Christianity is a personal experience which you can't tell mere men who believe in the gospel to obey God's word. We don't tell or command but to teach the gospel of faith in Christ Jesus. The foundation is Jesus Christ. He said "learn of me."

1 John 2:27 reveals that the anointing (Spirit of Christ) we receive will teach us all things. We receive the Spirit when we understand and believe in faith of Christ, and His Spirit dwells in our sinful bodies. His Spirit in us will help and lead us by His word (voice and letter).

E.g telling a drunkard to stop the sinful habit because it is a sin is a waste of time. There are uncountable spots of sin in his life (both inwardly and outwardly). Can you spot them all? No.

You are commanded to teach, not to spot. Teach them the foundation of the gospel called FAITH BASED OF JESUS CHRIST. This is God's righteouness, and it is by it they personally receive the Spirit to get rid of sin in other to obey Him.

Faith originates not from man but God.

1 Like

Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2020
You don't know what it means to BELIEVE! smiley
Re: Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 10:14pm On Jul 17, 2020
Wolgrace:
Christianity is a personal experience which you can't tell mere men who believe in the gospel to obey God's word. We don't tell or command but to teach the gospel of faith in Christ Jesus. The foundation is Jesus Christ. He said "learn of me."

1 John 2:27 reveals that the anointing (Spirit of Christ) we receive will teach us all things. We receive the Spirit when we understand and believe in faith of Christ, and His Spirit dwells in our sinful bodies. His Spirit in us will help and lead us by His word (voice and letter).

E.g telling a drunkard to stop the sinful habit because it is a sin is a waste of time. There are uncountable spots of sin in his life (both inwardly and outwardly). Can you spot them all? No.

You are commanded to teach, not to spot. Teach them the foundation of the gospel called FAITH BASED OF JESUS CHRIST. This is God's righteouness, and it is by it they personally receive the Spirit to get rid of sin in other to obey Him.

Faith originates not from man but God.

Friend, not to argue, but it's NOT just about TEACHING Faith. Fine, but even devils have that already. So what more?

Jesus said:

Matt.28.20 - Teach these new disciples to OBEY ALL the commands I have given you. (THEN) And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

John.8.31 - Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye CONTINUE in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

John.14.15 - "If you LOVE me, OBEY my commandments.

However, if you still disagree with anything, okay then.We don't need to have the same opinion.

Peace...

Maximus69:
You don't know what it means to BELIEVE! smiley
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
davidinchrist:
Believing in Jesus ALONE CANNOT SAVE anyone. Even the devil and all the demons also believe there's God and that the Scripture (the Bible) was inspired by God. But they DO NOT obey, and neither can they be holy. And our faith won't be any better than theirs if we DO NOT obey too.

Just as a human body is DEAD without the Spirit, likewise one's Faith is DEAD without WORKS of Obedience to Jesus as recorded in the New testament.

Many of us only focus more on the external things for people to see or notice; creating good or religious impression on others; like great church activities, etc. But God is not necessarily impressed with JUST the External things we FOCUS so much on, which is secondary. But the main thing is the "foundation" of OBEDIENCE to God's Words.

There's real need for judging oneself and getting rid of every form of Hypocrisy or mere Religious Acting (looking HOLY on the outside, but thoroughly worldly inside: SINS or wickedness in the Heart), before our time runs out.

We need to humble ourselves before God, and get GRACE to obey; not just being EMPTY Hearers, Readers and even Teachers or Speakers of the Word. Lest we remain terribly FOOLED by "a form of godliness" without the Power to actually please God: living in False Reality. (See James 1:23-25)

Jas.1.22 - But BE doers of the word, and NOT hearers ONLY, "deceiving" yourselves.

Jas.2.19 - You "believe" that there is one God. You do well. EVEN the demons believe--and tremble!

Jas.2.24 - You see then that a man is "justified" by WORKS, and NOT by faith ONLY.

Matt.23.26 - Blind Pharisee (and we Christians of today), FIRST cleanse the INSIDE of the cup and dish, that the OUTSIDE of them may be clean ALSO.

May the Lord Jesus bless you.

Believing there is one God is different from believing in Jesus.

@bolded

believing in Jesus alone is what saves because Jesus is the only way.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

you must rest on Christ work on the cross of Calvary, and walk by faith in christ only then will you see the life of Jesus manifest in you.
faith in Christ alone is what saves.
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
Goldp5988:
When it comes to salvation obedience simply means to trust on Christ and his finished works on the cross of Calvary rather than going on with ones own righteousness.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
davidinchrist:

Friend, not to argue, but it's NOT just about TEACHING Faith. Fine, but even devils have that already. So what more?

Jesus said:

Matt.28.20 - Teach these new disciples to OBEY ALL the commands I have given you. (THEN) And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

John.8.31 - Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye CONTINUE in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

However, if you still disagree with anything, okay then.We don't need to have the same opinion.

Peace...

Bro, we are on same page. To clear you, continuous teaching of the commandments is sign of powerless, i.e lacking divine empowerment thereof. The commandments were handed to disciples who have received the empowerment (i.e Spirit of God).

Many are yet to receive it. Many fake it, hence the lack. The source of empowerment is the FAITH BASED TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST..
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 17, 2020
The reason for this kind of thread is lack of understanding of the bible for example James,
James said faith without works is dead, what it means is that works are the evidence of genuine faith.

James was not saying do works to be saved but rather I want to see your faith through your actions.
Paul exhort the Christians to live according to their new nature, a man is saved without works but works reveals to men that such a man really has faith just as Abraham's works justified his faith.
Re: Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
solite3:

Believing there is one God is different from believing in Jesus.

@bolded

believing in Jesus alone is what saves because Jesus is the only way.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

you must rest on Christ work on the cross of Calvary, and walk by faith in christ only then will you see the life of Jesus manifest in you.
faith in Christ alone is what saves.

Friend, you don't have to agree with me, what you said is true, but it's Half-Truth.

The gospel of Jesus is in Grace and Truth (John 1:14 and 17 kjv).

And what you said is about Grace ONLY.

So, how about Truth?

Using that Ephesians, further down in Chapters 4 and 5 it says:

Ephesians 4:17 KJV
This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye "henceforth" WALK NOT as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Ephesians 5:5 KJV
For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath "any inheritance" in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

PAUL again said in Romans:

Romans 8:13 KJV
For if ye live after the flesh, ye SHALL DIE: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye SHALL LIVE.

HENCE:

GOSPEL = Grace + Truth
(only "truth gospel" is wrong; and only "grace gospel" is also wrong)

Grace = What Jesus has done through God's Mercy

Truth = What WE must do: Obedience to Jesus according to the New testament, especially Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Again, you don't need to agree. But you might as well check the post it self again, and try to get the Spirit. And note, I don't speak for myself nor any Pastor/Church.

Peace...
Re: Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2020
solite3:
The reason for this kind of thread is lack of understanding of the bible for example James,
James said faith without works is dead, what it means is that works are the evidence of genuine faith.

James was not saying do works to be saved but rather I want to see your faith through your actions.
Paul exhort the Christians to live according to their new nature, a man is saved without works but works reveals to men that such a man really has faith just as Abraham's works justified his faith.

Primarily, "works" there mean "obedience" to the words of Jesus according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Like the first person (goldp5988) commented:

Obedience is better than Sacrifice... That is the summary of the post.

1 Like

Re: Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 11:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
Wolgrace:

Bro, we are on same page. To clear you, continuous teaching of the commandments is "Sign of powerless", i.e lacking divine empowerment thereof. The commandments were handed to disciples who have received the empowerment (i.e Spirit of God).

Many are yet to receive it. Many fake it, hence the lack. The source of empowerment is the FAITH BASED TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST..

Okay, but I don't seem to agree with you, though.
Jesus taught constantly... Paul and the apostles taught constantly as God gave them the grace and gifts to...

You might as well check my other posts in here, if you so wish.

Anyway, thanks for your time.
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2020
davidinchrist:

Friend, you don't have to agree with me, what you said is true, but it's Half-Truth.

The gospel of Jesus is in Grace and Truth (John 1:14 and 17 kjv). And what you said is about Grace Only.

So, how about Truth?

Using that Ephesians, further down in Chapters 4 and 5 it says:

Ephesians 4:17 KJV
This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye "henceforth" WALK NOT as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

Ephesians 5:5 KJV
For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath "any inheritance" in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

PAUL again said in Romans:

Romans 8:13 KJV
For if ye live after the flesh, ye SHALL DIE: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye SHALL LIVE.

HENCE:

GOSPEL = Grace + Truth
(only truth is wrong; only grace is also wrong)

Again, you don't need to agree. But you might as well check the post it self again, and try to get the Spirit. And note, I don't speak for myself nor any Pastor/Church.

Peace...
who do think is the truth?
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus Christ is sufficient my friend.

Do you know what it means to walk in the Spirit?

none of those verses you quoted contracted faith in Christ alone.

Grace is in Christ and truth is in Christ, so what are you saying.

Ephesians 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Didn't you read where Paul said by walking in the Spirit they would not walk in the flesh.

To walk in the Spirit is to walk by the reality of his Identity in Christ.
See don't spread heresy.
Re: Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 11:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
solite3:
who do think is the truth?
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus Christ is sufficient my friend.

Do you know what it means to walk in the Spirit?

none of those verses you quoted contracted faith in Christ alone.

Grace is in Christ and truth is in Christ, so what are you saying.

Ephesians 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Didn't you read where Paul said by walking in the Spirit they would not walk in the flesh.

To walk in the Spirit is to walk by the reality of his Identity in Christ.
See don't spread heresy.

Obedience to the words of Jesus...
Re: Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
davidinchrist:

Edited... Solite3

HENCE:

GOSPEL = Grace + Truth

Truth = What WE must do: Obedience to Jesus according to the New testament, especially Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
davidinchrist:

obedience to Jesus words can only take place by Faith in Jesus, which can only take place after one is saved.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley

faith in Christ alone is enough.
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
davidinchrist:

Okay, but I don't seem to agree with you, though.
Jesus taught constantly... Paul and the apostles taught constantly as God gave them the grace and gifts to...

You might as well check my other posts in here, if you so wish.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

No grace and gifts without the Spirit of God. And no Spirit of God without Jesus Christ.

Did Paul realised and got rid of his evil deeds despite the consistent preachings of commandments of the early Christings? No! He first received the divine empowerment of the Holy Spirit..

Paul was a great preacher of FAITH-BASED OF JESUS CHRIST. He is the foundation of the gospel, not His commandments reason He said LEARN OF ME i.e His perfect and finished work for us by His birth, punishment, death, and resurrection. And it is by believing in it we receive the empowerment.

When I received my mine, I began to undo evil things I used to do. FAITH-BASED TEACHINGS BAPTISES EVEN WITHOUT WATER BAPTISM..

1 Like

Re: Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 11:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
@Solite3

Okay friend, although I won't accept calling Obedience to the Words of Jesus an Heresy. Then I wouldn't consider "grace only" type of gospel LESS heretic:

Anyway,

Goodbye.
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 17, 2020
davidinchrist:

Edited... Solite3

HENCE:

GOSPEL = Grace + Truth

The true gospel contains the truth and Grace of Jesus.

faith in Christ is the only means for salvation is both true and has grace.

The Gospel that contains grace and truth is the gospel that leads people to Christ as the only way from sin and not Christ plus something else.

preaching for people to change will not change them because laws do not change sinners only when they come to Faith in Christ will they find a new life.

Jesus and him crucified is the only way for men nothing else.
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 17, 2020
davidinchrist:
@Solite3

Okay friend, although I won't accept calling Obedience to the Words of Jesus an Heresy. Then I wouldn't consider "grace only" type of gospel LESS heretic:

Anyway,

Goodbye.
I m sorry if you misunderstood me, what I meant was that saying faith in Christ alone is not enough is an heresy.

faith alone in Christ alone is the message of salvation.

But mind you it is a repententant faith at that.
Re: Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 11:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
Wolgrace:

No grace and gifts without the Spirit of God. And no Spirit of God without Jesus Christ.

Did Paul realised and got rid of his evil deeds despite the consistent preachings of commandments of the early Christings? No! He first received the divine empowerment of the Holy Spirit..

Paul was a great preacher of FAITH-BASED OF JESUS CHRIST. He is the foundation of the gospel, not His commandments reason He said LEARN OF ME i.e His perfect and finished work for us by His birth, punishment, death, and resurrection. And it is by believing in it we receive the empowerment.

When I received my mine, I began to undo evil things I used to do. FAITH-BASED TEACHINGS BAPTISES EVEN WITHOUT WATER BAPTISM..

I agree with seeking God's Power to Overcome through the Holy Spirit. Just that it seems you believe in an automatic salvation of ONLY grace, without conscious effort or Choice to Obey His Words.

Not sure, but if so, we might as well be called programmed Robots then.

I believe in walking out one's salvation with fear and trembling... Phil 2:12
Re: Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 11:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
solite3:
I m sorry if you misunderstood me, what I meant was that saying faith in Christ alone is not enough is an heresy.

faith alone in Christ alone is the message of salvation.

But mind you it is a repententant faith at that.

Hmm. I doubt if got me too.

Summary:

Just believing in the Head (just like demons do too) cannot save Alone, but WITH Obedience to the Words of Jesus in the New testament.

Peace...
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 17, 2020
davidinchrist:

I agree with seeking God's Power to Overcome through the Holy Spirit. Just that it seems you believe in an automatic salvation of ONLY grace, with conscious effort or Choice to Obey His Words.

yes salvation is automatic.

look at what John said,

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

working out salvation is not the same as working for salvation.

you have to possess salvation before you work it out and even at that it is God that works it inside not man.

The fear and trembling is not the same as fear of destruction but in awareness of the greatness and presence of God in the believer.

@bolded what do you mean by programmed robot?

I pray you see the light.
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 18, 2020
davidinchrist:

Hmm. I doubt if got me too.

Summary:

Just believing in the Head (just like demons do too) cannot save Alone, but WITH Obedience to the Words of Jesus in the New testament.

Peace...
Demons do not believe in Christ they only believe there is one God.

The pagans believe there is one God Almighty somewhere does that mean their faith is the same as Christian faith?
Believing there is God is not a saving faith
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 18, 2020
John wrote to the believers that they already have eternal life in them through their faith in christ and they should continue their faith in Christ.
Re: Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 12:04am On Jul 18, 2020
solite3:
Demons do not believe in Christ they only believe there is one God.

The pagans believe there is one God Almighty somewhere does that mean their faith is the same as Christian faith?
Believing there is God is not a saving faith

Good night, bro.
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 18, 2020
davidinchrist:

I agree with seeking God's Power to Overcome through the Holy Spirit. Just that it seems you believe in an automatic salvation of ONLY grace, without conscious effort or Choice to Obey His Words.

I strongly believe it too.. Remember, it is the Spirit of God the speaks to our conscience i.e He communicates with our inner man redeemed by Jesus Christ. The scripture says He causes us both to will and do His good pleasure and he that is led by the Spirit is above the law because letter kills..

Jesus made the salvation effective for us, not our works because it is a free gift. Works/obedience is not mainly about the law of DOs and DONTs but faith-based.

Eg. Rahab and God's saviours, Martha and God's saviour in Christ, etc.. They all recieved and believed in Him, and walked boldly to His throne of grace..
Re: Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 1:31am On Jul 18, 2020
Wolgrace:

I strongly believe it too.. Remember, it is the Spirit of God the speaks to our conscience i.e He communicates with our inner man redeemed by Jesus Christ. The scripture says He causes us both to will and do His good pleasure and he that is led by the Spirit is above the law because letter kills..

Jesus made the salvation effective for us, not our works because it is a free gift. Works/obedience is not mainly about the law of DOs and DONTs but faith-based.

Eg. Rahab and God's saviours, Martha and God's saviour in Christ, etc.. They all recieved and believed in Him, and walked boldly to His throne of grace..

Okay, heard you.

But for me it's about obedience to His Words, which include to Have Faith FIRST.

To me everything is not just faith-based, because it says, "deny yourself, take up the Cross and Follow Me. Matt. 16:24

Also, to work out one's salvation with fear and trembling Phil. 2:12; whoever keeps looking back is not fit; and only those who endure till the end shall be saved.

I wouldn't like to add nor take anything away from the Word.

John 8:31 KJV
Then said Jesus to those Jews which "Believed" on him, IF ye "continue in my Word", then are ye my disciples indeed;

Thanks for your time.

Goodbye.
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 6:01am On Jul 18, 2020
davidinchrist:

Jesus said:

Peace...

All you need is the meaning of the word "BELIEVE"

To believe in someone means trusting him,which means you become one of his subscribers,you're addicted to his line of thought and reasoning, you see things through his mind, whatever happens you rely on his promises, even those around will label you "his disciple" because you're not you but a replicate of him. 2Corinthians 5:15

That's what it means to believe in Jesus!

Jesus has just one single commandment that's translated into many, his one and only rule is for each and every human to imitate him in thoughts, words and deeds, so God made him the role model for all those seeking a redress for their case. John 1:12

If you're able to do just that, the same thing the father gave Jesus will surely be yours {John 15:9} think of what happens to everyone living now, death is on us all because we are all sinners {Psalms 49:7-9, Romans 5:12} but those who can imitate Jesus completely will be remembered (that is if we die before God's Kingdom comes) {John 11:25-26} just as he was resurrected and they will have to live forever because he will also live forever! John 3:16 smiley
Re: Dead Faith by davidinchrist(m): 7:46am On Jul 18, 2020
Maximus69:

All you need is the meaning of the word "BELIEVE"

To believe in someone means trusting him,which means you become one of his subscribers,you're addicted to his line of thought and reasoning, you see things through his mind, whatever happens you rely on his promises, even those around will label you "his disciple" because you're not you but a replicate of him. 2Corinthians 5:15

That's what it means to believe in Jesus!

Jesus has just one single commandment that's translated into many, his one and only rule is for each and every human to imitate him in thoughts, words and deeds, so God made him the role model for all those seeking a redress for their case. John 1:12

If you're able to do just that, the same thing the father gave Jesus will surely be yours {John 15:9} think of what happens to everyone living now, death is on us all because we are all sinners {Psalms 49:7-9, Romans 5:12} but those who can imitate Jesus completely will be remembered (that is if we die before God's Kingdom comes) {John 11:25-26} just as he was resurrected and they will have to live forever because he will also live forever! John 3:16 smiley

Okay friend, your opinion.

But I believe Jesus not "necessarily" Men/Churches, including you and me.

To me, the summary of the whole Bible is:

Disobedience: Adam = DEATH

Obedience: Jesus = FORGIVENESS AND ETERNAL LIFE

If you're a true disciple of Jesus, you'll surely have light on how important Obedience is. Again John 14:15, the opposite is also true you know: "If you Hate me, don't Obey my Commandments."

Hear Peter:

1 Peter 1:14 KJV
As OBEDIENT children, NOT fashioning yourselves according to the former FORMER "lusts" in your IGNORANCE:

AND PAUL:

Philippians 2:12 KJV
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always OBEYED, not as in my presence ONLY, but now "MUCH MORE" (STILL talking about Obedience) in my absence, WORK OUT your "Own Salvation" with FEAR AND TREMBLING.

Right friend, you can believe your denominational OR group's teachings.

They are NOT greater than Jesus, Paul and Peter, NOR the Holy Spirit that inspired them.

Goodbye.
Re: Dead Faith by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 18, 2020
davidinchrist:

Okay friend, your opinion.

But I believe Jesus not "necessarily" Men/Churches, including you and me.

To me, the summary of the whole Bible is:

Disobedience: Adam = DEATH

Obedience: Jesus = FORGIVENESS AND ETERNAL LIFE

If you're a true disciple of Jesus, you'll surely have light on how important Obedience is. Again John 14:15, the opposite is also true you know: "If you Hate me, don't Obey my Commandments."

Hear Peter:

1 Peter 1:14 KJV
As OBEDIENT children, NOT fashioning yourselves according to the former FORMER "lusts" in your IGNORANCE:

AND PAUL:

Philippians 2:12 KJV
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always OBEYED, not as in my presence ONLY, but now "MUCH MORE" (STILL talking about Obedience) in my absence, WORK OUT your "Own Salvation" with FEAR AND TREMBLING.

Right friend, you can believe your denominational OR group's teachings.

They are NOT greater than Jesus, Paul and Peter, NOR the Holy Spirit that inspired them.

Goodbye.

You can't obey what you've not learnt!

Boko Haram members are also OBEDIENT to the spirit demanding the blood of none members, so someone, sometimes, somewhere have to inculcate in you what the love of God means, that's why it's very very important you IDENTIFY Jesus' true disciples today otherwise you'll end up having nothing to do with the real Jesus! Matthew 7:21-23 smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Believers’ Rant HQ / An Adulterer Pastor Having Illicit Sexual Affair With Married Woman / Daddy Adeboye And Mummy Adeboye Love Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.