Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) (4762 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / To The Ladies. "Can You Date A Guy Younger Than You?" / Ladies Can You Marry A Guy Younger Than You Are? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by ovince(m): 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2007
Hi evryone,

This is a common question, but I believe it needs to be addressed because i had a personal experience. Here's my story.

I met this girl in camp, far north, we talked and i felt we had a lot in common.We became close and were most times in the company of one another. On the last day of the orientation,I told her how i felt about her. She actually said she felt the same way too. After the posting, we lost contact for a little while. We finally got talking again when she came home for the 2wks break. She gave me directions to visit her in her place of pry assignment ,of which i did. She was glad 2 see me and really hosted me well. All this while she didnt know my age, but i knew she was 2yrs older than I was. But that did not deter me. I called her every single day during the christmas break, sent her txt messages, telling her how much she meant to me. Finally on the 31st of December,2006, I wanted to know my stand, so I asked her out. She was hessitant at first, asked me my age, I told her, Asked me if I was aware she was older than I was, I said yes and i dont think it means a thing as long as u love the person, of which she agreed, then she asked me "if I had plans for her", I told her I did but the reality of those plans depended on the both of us though she expressed fears that her mother would object her dating or marrying a younger guy.
After the holidays we lost touch because there was no service at her place. A month later, I rmb we were having our clearance and i was seriously ill, she sent me a txt reading: "Sorry, I think it we should just be friends, I'm really sorry".
cry
The reason I got to know later was because[b] I was younger than her[/b] and her mother would totally object. Since then I still de search.

Please I need ur responses
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by angel101(f): 12:29pm On Jun 15, 2007
well, i dont think its about age. it should be about maturity. believe me i have met really old guys who are just so unbelievably immature. i used to have the same views as ur girl until i actually dated a younger guy (2uears younger) and i never fro a minute felt older than him cos he was so mature in his ways even sometimes annoyingly so. on the other hand though, i guess it depends on how many years and how both parties look physically. i dont want to end up with a guy who looks like my son! grin

1 Like

Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by ovince(m): 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2007
Thanks angel101, not bragging, I know I'm mature and many girls have said that, But whats d big FUSS about this age thing. I just dont understand.
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by beauti(f): 8:12pm On Jun 15, 2007
Hmm, it's a bit tricky, I'm older than my partner. I'm living in fear he will leave me for a younger woman. He reassures me he loves me. He treats me so well,but, will he still love me tomorrow when the wrinkles starts to show? I'm ten years older than him. We love each other so much, my family love him.
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by iice(f): 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2007
Hmmm, maturity is what is important to me not really the age. Some people can be immature at an older age, others can be mature at a young age. So long as the gap is not too much i could date one. If na like 8 years gap, chaiiii that one go hard oo!
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by bubblegum(f): 7:17pm On Nov 04, 2009
hell no!!!
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by Spyker: 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2009
You met a good and sincere girl, i have also had this experience. I met a girl, she was my course met then in the Uni and we became friends and started dating in 300 level.
well, after two years of relationship, i realized she was older than me but one and half years. Though i thought i was older than her by six months, she hid her true age until i came across her birth certificate in her house. I was furious, she was my first date and i have indirectly presented her to my family.
To cut the long story shut, we broke up and she is married now and has a son for a guy that is older than her with five years. She still calls me and has apologized for hiding her age since i was actually all that she wants.
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by Moyola(f): 8:04pm On Nov 04, 2009
@ topic: Naa!

bubblegum:

hell no!!!

Heaven no nko?! tongue

1 Like

Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by bubblegum(f): 8:25am On Nov 05, 2009
Moyola:

@ topic: Naa!

Heaven no nko?! tongue
hell no plus heaven no
lol
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by Gabry(f): 8:27am On Nov 05, 2009
My aunt is 5 years older than her husband so I guess for me its ok.
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2009
gabry which part of asia are you?
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by adefash(m): 11:14am On Nov 05, 2009
I can date and marry a lady older than i am provided it doesnt tell on our physical appearance.the age difference should not be much.
The guy who want to kill himself because of older lady becarefull.you may not no how much you love a gal untill you start sleeping together i tell you.most of us guys mistake sexual urge for love.the two are different.ladies will want to play safe.
first study her character before you can assure her of love.it will be heart breaking if after you have had a round of sex or two with her and wasted her time you now say you no longer have interest.this goes a long way to affect their emotion and indirectly affects the nation.so lets treat ladies well because they are mothers of the nation.GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by kemisuga(f): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2009
no
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by debest1(m): 11:21am On Nov 05, 2009
kemisuga:

no
aha u cant just say no, what r the mitigating factors grin
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by coolier(f): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2009
YES.

ovince:

All this while she didnt know my age, but i knew she was 2yrs older than I was.

Only 2years!? You're still in the same age bracket.
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by nethacker(m): 11:51am On Nov 05, 2009
i hate it wen ladies use dat age of a thing as a yardstick to choosing a guy. angry angry angry
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by Godmother(f): 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2009
For me it a no. I would never be able ro trully respect a guy Im older than
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by beingme(f): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2009
age is no excuse as long as there's maturity and good sense in what u are doing - younger or older
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by Gabry(f): 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2009
OYINBOGOJU:

gabry which part of asia are you?

Malaysia
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by DrLorenz1(m): 6:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
@OP

It depends on the girl as you've seen from the posts. A couple of years back, i met a girl who became my friend later on. On a certain day, i asked her if she could go out with a guy or even get married to a guy she's older than. She said she could only if he can act like he was older. The answer really surprised me, and i respected her for it.

debest1:

aha u cant just say no, what r the mitigating factors grin

Typical debest1 grin. What's goan? I thought you were supposed to send me your email addy. angry

iice:

Hmmm, maturity is what is important to me not really the age. Some people can be immature at an older age, others can be mature at a young age. So long as the gap is not too much i could date one. If na like 8 years gap, chaiiii that one go hard oo!

Twice you've surprised me today. Are you sure this is not a cloned iice? grin grin
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by iice(f): 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2009
Surprised you how? tongue

So you know me enough for me to surprise you then grin
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by DrLorenz1(m): 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2009
Surprised me by your comments. When am expecting a normal hard response from you, you go ahead and give a very mild one grin. Like in this case, i never thought that'd be your feelings cheesy

I don't know you enough. . .am still learning wink
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by iice(f): 7:11pm On Nov 06, 2009
Hahaha, i can be occasionally mellow wink
Yeah well, like you mentioned, i do see things from different perspectives.
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by DrLorenz1(m): 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2009
Really? Well that;s nice to hear cus u can be real sweet when you're mellow, ya know that? grin

So u remembered that one? Wow! I'm speechless wink
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by iice(f): 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2009
Ughhh i don't do sweet tongue
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by DrLorenz1(m): 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2009
Yes yes i know. What i was tryna say is, u could be, but you'd rather not, cus why? U're afraid to be for reasons known to you so u prefer to be a real hard a** b*ch!
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by iice(f): 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2009
Rofl. . .oh well can't say i didn't expect that cheesy

Nothing more to add then. . .people will always draw their own conclusions, so i don't even bother cheesy
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by DrLorenz1(m): 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2009
Na everything you dey expect? grin

Don't you think people draw their own conclusions from the impressions you give them.

I'm sure you get some sort of satisfaction when they've shown their innermost suspicions grin grin
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by sweetliet: 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2009
@post

i date someone im older dan or younger dan depends on d persons maturity.
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by iice(f): 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

Na everything you dey expect? grin

Don't you think people draw their own conclusions from the impressions you give them.

I'm sure you get some sort of satisfaction when they've shown their innermost suspicions grin grin

Yes ooo. . people are predictable, some more so than others wink

Hehehehe the conclusions is what i'm after in a way. . .it reveals how narrow-minded or conventional people are. . .not to mention humdrum cognitive skills cheesy cool
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by wildrose: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2009
Am lyk 2months older than my bf n i tease him about it all the time but i still give him d respect he deserves, its no big deal
Re: Would U Date Or Marry A Guy Younger Than You ? (ladies I Need Ur Response) by whitesturd(f): 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2009
NEI NEI NEI (no in HINDU LANGUAGE) REASON-I am quite young mysef,cant imagine dating sum1 younger cos i kud be naughty and stubborn atimes,need sum1 to put me in order.wdnt want sum1 younger to do that.i ve always dated guys 3-5 yrs older than i am.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help, I Think I Gave My Fiance HIV! / 2go- Promotes Homosexuality In Nigeria [fact].. Watch Your Kids Closely.. / What Are Your Weaknesses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.