Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Man Shot In The Foot For Doing This To A Police Officer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Shot In The Foot For Doing This To A Police Officer (646 Views)

Man Shot In The Buttocks By Policemen During Protest In Abuja. Graphic Photos / Man Shot In The Head By 6 Cultists While Drinking In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / Libya Is A Land Of Death; Nigerian Man Shot In The Leg By Kidnappers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Shot In The Foot For Doing This To A Police Officer by 21Ebisco: 7:59am On Jul 18, 2020
A 30-year-old man in Arua has reportedly accused a police officer of firing live bullets at his foot for not wearing a facemask.

Bazil Asindua, a resident of Ediofe village in Arua City is nursing a wood he sustained to his foot n injured foot after being allegedly shot at by a police officer.

Asindua alleges that the Police officer stopped him together with his brother, Mawa, at a roadblock at Manibe Sub County headquarters on Tuesday morning while on their way to Terego for the funeral of their late father.

Asindua identifies the police officer as Odong who is attached to the National Forestry Authority - NFA.

He claims Odongo stopped them and ordered that they handover a numberless motorcycle his brother Mawa was riding before accusing them of not wearing facemasks.

Asindua explains that a deep heated argument broke out leading the police officer to slap him on the face twice, at this point he says out of anger he was forced to also slap the police officer back on the face too.

He says Odong first fired a bullet in the air before he reportedly aimed at him shooting his right toe.

“After slapping me twice, I also had to slap him and we were later taken to sit under a near-by Mango tree at the Sub County, but I realized the kilo of meat and some other food items we were carrying home fell by the road side,”

Asindua told officers from the Professional Standards Unit on Wednesday.

He went on to explain that he tried to get up and pick the items from the roadside but Odong cocked his gun and shot a bullet in the air.

He reportedly turned his gun and aimed at him and shot his right toe.

Asindua says Odong then ordered them to sit under a Mango tree and told his two colleagues to kill them if they got stubborn.

The two were later picked up by a police patrol and driven to Arua CPS where they were locked up , however, Asindua was later taken to Arua Police health center iii.

Evans Vuata, the Commandant of Professional Standards Unit - PSU in West Nile on Wednesday, acknowledged the police officer used excessive force and urged Asindua and his brother to report the matter to the Criminal Investigations Directorate.

https://www.mcebiscoo.com/man-shot-in-the-foot-for-doing-this-to-a-police-officer/

Re: Man Shot In The Foot For Doing This To A Police Officer by Ezennwa(m): 8:01am On Jul 18, 2020
Re: Man Shot In The Foot For Doing This To A Police Officer by tillaman(m): 8:12am On Jul 18, 2020
angry
Re: Man Shot In The Foot For Doing This To A Police Officer by callmeRichie(m): 8:28am On Jul 18, 2020
I don't know how people go as far as daring and slapping a naija gunned officer. Which kind courage is that even if you're on your right. These people that can shot kill anything even their wives. Now you would just die cheaply in the hands of a frustrated crazy police officers all in the name of defending your right.

There are legal ways to do this now, don't die cheaply abeg

1 Like

Re: Man Shot In The Foot For Doing This To A Police Officer by Vyzz: 8:56am On Jul 18, 2020
Something need to be done to naija officers....

Now.... It isnt a great idea to become violent with a man with a gun.... Specially when he is a Nigerian officer.... This guys are just criminals on uniform
Re: Man Shot In The Foot For Doing This To A Police Officer by Jabioro: 9:08am On Jul 18, 2020
The police officer even spare your life,if not this write will meet at special room..I meant six feet down below

1 Like

Re: Man Shot In The Foot For Doing This To A Police Officer by Passionate888: 10:00am On Jul 18, 2020
callmeRichie:
I don't know how people go as far as daring and slapping a naija gunned officer. Which kind courage is that even if you're on your right. These people that can shot kill anything even their wives. Now you would just die cheaply in the hands of a frustrated crazy police officers all in the name of defending your right.

No be Naija e happen.
Re: Man Shot In The Foot For Doing This To A Police Officer by oladipuposadeeq(m): 10:24am On Jul 18, 2020
callmeRichie:

i Dont understand also, i was slapped yday by a police and i almost retaliated but had a rethink because he could shoot me or make serious accusations against me so i told him if he and i stood toe to toe without uniform i will beat him in less than 1 minute called the DPO and at the end when the case was judged they blamed me in front of him and told me to always keep calm whenever i have issues with officers but when i left the DPO also blamed the officers and we still saw yday and joked about me retaliating and things would have gone south for me.

(1) (Reply)

NURTW Member Allegedly Shot By Customs Officer Over Bag Of Rice In Oyo / Three Police Facilities Set Ablaze As Protest Spreads In Benin / Body Of Missing 19-year-old Student Found At Badagry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.