Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. (789 Views)

What Is Going On In Nairaland Politics Section (Too Much Hate) / Bandits Have Invaded Ogun And Osun Forests - Gani Adams Raises Alarm / Garba Shehu: Buhari’s Children Have Right To Use Presidential Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 18, 2020
For the matured minds in this forum irrespective of political affiliation, wondering if we can have a platform or room where we can discuss matured politics..

For me, politics is simply either a tool of building or destruction so what matters is the progress of this nation. But kids in this platform take it as a game of tribal bashing or stupid sentiments..

You see I can offer heavy criticism to a party or region but such must be with objective, proof, intellectual challenging and up for debate...

I believe there are likeminds as well here so I seek a way Nairaland Mods can help to isolate real students of politics from the polluted water..

Any of any of these kids wants to learn and grow, opportunity will be available to such.. Am proposing a profile verified account within nairaland for the new platform..

5 Likes

Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by flyingpig: 8:10am On Jul 18, 2020
Story
As if your politicians are not more childish than their followers

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by ChoCho54(f): 8:14am On Jul 18, 2020
Nels55:
For the matured minds in this forum irrespective of political affiliation, wondering if we can have a platform or room where we can discuss matured politics..

For me, politics is simply either a tool of building or destruction so what matters is the progress of this nation. But kids in this platform take it as a game of tribal bashing or stupid sentiments..

You see I can offer heavy criticism to a party or region but such must be with objective, proof, intellectual challenging and up for debate...

I believe there are likeminds as well here so I seek a way Nairaland Mods can help to isolate real students of politics from the polluted water..

Any of any of these kids wants to learn and grow, opportunity will be available to such.. Am proposing a profile verified account within nairaland for the new platform..
If you are truly serious, you would take this your assocation offline, but what do I know Daddy.
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 18, 2020
Nels55:

All good up untill I saw you say PROGRESS OF THIS NATION?

IS NIGERIA A NATION?

Meaning of NATION; a large body of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 18, 2020
If you the op still believe that any politician or party means well for this nation then you are even more childish. An elder who believes in pdp or apc has truly lost his senses

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by zombieTRACKER: 8:24am On Jul 18, 2020
All Nigerian politicians are in it for the money..

While zombies cheer them on with an empty stomach....

3 Likes

Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 18, 2020
Nels55:

Ah I see where the problem is....

When Nairaland started in 2005, there was no such thing as 'home internet'. The only Nigerians with access to the internet were people who were already working, were educated, and some students.

The internet was linited to cyber cafes, some academic institutions and so on. Plus, most phones could not pick up the internet then, and most young people didn't have access to phones then.

Thus the political discussion seemed 'matured' then.

Now, the Internet is more widely available than it was now, and as a result, it appears to you 'kids' have taken over.

Don't mock the kids. Today's kid is going to grow and mature tomorrow. Allow them to mix and post whatever they like. They might learn a thing or two. Such is the way of the world.

Modifed...Kids had access to the internet back then. But when the cost of browsing at a cyber cafe for one hour is a lot of money....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 18, 2020
Haha, waiting for NL to update and upgrade itself like twitter & others that av verified accounts with the blue mark on it, is like waiting for a cargo plane to land on a boat! It's impossible! So don't ever wait for any progress from this site that has been d same since 2005, no innovation, no changes nothing! Obsolete!

1 Like

Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 18, 2020
flyingpig:
Story
As if your politicians are not more childish than their followers

Our political arena is evolving very fast, old politics is phasing away, more serious men and women who love this nation are now out for politics..
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 18, 2020
ChoCho54:
If you are truly serious, you would take this your assocation offline, but what do I know Daddy.

Nairaland already have a rich blend of opinions, just a little upgrade is what we need so no point starting all over again offline..
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by flyingpig: 8:41am On Jul 18, 2020
Nels55:

Our political arena is evolving very fast, old politics is phasing away, more serious men and women who love this nation are now out for politics..
I guess they include buhari, Atiku,tinubu, wike and a hoarde of others unworthy of being in my memory lest they corrupt it

1 Like

Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 18, 2020
ezenwajosh:

All good up untill I saw you say PROGRESS OF THIS NATION?

IS NIGERIA A NATION?

Meaning of NATION; a large body of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory.

I understand your concerns, at the moment it's not but the future is in our hands... Go through history, you will see that China, Singapore, Malaysia and even Turkey was hopeless at a point, today they are marching forward with great confidence..

Never give up on hope cause its a rewarding virtue...
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by chatinent: 8:45am On Jul 18, 2020
Mr. Speaker, permit me poke your bubble. You demand for a verified account to distinguish adults from children? Celebrity adults? To achieve what actually? Even bigger microblogs don't do that. Anyone can be guised behind a computer and cyber-exist the way they deem fit. Let me poke more bubbles. There's no way to determine an adult in a world where most adults behave as kids (kidults) online. Now concerning politics, it's an every man business. Live with it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 18, 2020
DominusPrime:
If you the op still believe that any politician or party means well for this nation then you are even more childish. An elder who believes in pdp or apc has truly lost his senses

Like I said am PDP, am APC, am Nigeria.. The future is in our hands, you probably think these men will be there forever.. There is a silent revolution going on in this nation, men and women who love this nation is making great move into politics....
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 18, 2020
zombieTRACKER:

While zombies cheer them on with an empty stomach....

Never lose faith in your country. Those great countries today are the result of men and women who never lost faith in her... China is a perfect example
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 18, 2020
Heathrow44:
Haha, waiting for NL to update and upgrade itself like twitter & others that av verified accounts with the blue mark on it, is like waiting for a cargo plane to land on a boat! It's impossible! So don't ever wait for any progress from this site that has been d same since 2005, no innovation, no changes nothing! Obsolete!

We live in an evolving world, never underestimate the power of change..
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by flyingpig: 8:48am On Jul 18, 2020
zombieTRACKER:

While zombies cheer them on with an empty stomach

grin
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Vyzz: 8:52am On Jul 18, 2020
I can list them out here......

U will be reading a good discussion here suddenly one of them comments something like....

"Ipob pigs is a nnamdi cownu man grin, but the follow pig not pig"..... Or something like....

"Afonja Don mine skull the brown roof republic of skull miner".....

Point is the don't speak like reasonable human beings
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Sammy07: 8:58am On Jul 18, 2020
ChoCho54:

lol, clown grin
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Sammy07: 9:00am On Jul 18, 2020
kikero:

When Nairaland started in 2005, there was no such thing as 'home internet'. The only Nigerians with access to the internet were people who were already working, were educated, and some students.

The internet was linited to cyber cafes, some academic institutions and so on. Plus, most phones could not pick up the internet then, and most young people didn't have access to phones then.

Now, the Internet is more widely available than it was now, and as a result, it appears to you 'kids' have taken over.

Don't mock the kids. Today's kid is going to grow and mature tomorrow. Allow them to mix and post whatever they like. They might learn a thing or two. Such is the way of the world.

True.
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Sammy07: 9:02am On Jul 18, 2020
Heathrow44:

It has actually improved abit.
Before there ain't quote button, some sections weren't there before, the design wasn't like that before and some lines were there before it was removed like this.

Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by nairavsdollars(f): 9:03am On Jul 18, 2020
It's like you are jobless

Nels55:

Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 18, 2020
Nels55:

We live in an evolving world, never underestimate the power of change..

Well, change isn't possible with NL!
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 18, 2020
Sammy07:

It has actually improved abit.
Before there ain't quote button, some sections weren't there before, the design wasn't like that before and some lines were there before it was removed like this.

Av u asked urslf, y they can't make radical changes immediately, a complete one time face lift of d thing, do u knw y? Because it can't be possible okay! It will remain like this cos is already obsolete and can't be funded !
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Sammy07: 9:28am On Jul 18, 2020
Heathrow44:

Av u asked urslf, y they can't make radical changes immediately, a complete one time face lift of d thing, do u knw y? Because it can't be possible okay! It will remain like this cos is already obsolete and can't be funded !

Hmm.
with time they'll make changes, they are working on IP ban.
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 18, 2020
[quote author=nairavsdollars post=91832244]It's like you are jobless

[/quote)

Sis, don't insult those who are jobless, just thank that we have one , I know you're the CEO of the federal Republic...

Politics is what defines a nation and trust me, it defines that your little job and the salary...
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Charmingrascal(m): 9:30am On Jul 18, 2020
Nels55:

Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 18, 2020
kikero:

Totally understandable, just want them to learn in a refined environment, sometimes growing in a mad environment makes you mad...
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 18, 2020
chatinent:
Mr. Speaker, permit me poke your bubble. You demand for a verified account to distinguish adults from children? Celebrity adults? To achieve what actually? Even bigger microblogs don't do that. Anyone can be guised behind a computer and cyber-exist the way they deem fit. Let me poke more bubbles. There's no way to determine an adult in a world where most adults behave as kids (kidults) online. Now concerning politics, it's an every man business. Live with it.

There is nothing wrong in demanding a closed system where mature minds share thoughts.. I never demand to close the open space..
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by ChoCho54(f): 9:40am On Jul 18, 2020
Sammy07:

lol, clown grin
Monkie! grin
Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 18, 2020
Nels55:

Totally understandable, just want them to learn in a refined environment, sometimes growing in a mad environment makes you mad...

In a way, what you are seeing is a global phenonenom.

It even happened in the USA where the internet was born. In the 1980's and early 90's, the internet was limited to academic and research institutions, so as a result, the discussions then(on what were called bulletin boards, the ancestors of today's discussion sites like reddit and Nairaland and yahoo) , even for entertainment issues, were very intellectual and wordy.

Then improvements in technology meant that the internet became available for everyone...and suddenly, it appeared the intellectual content diniminshed.

Is it a bad thing?? No. I consider it a means by which knowledge can be made more accesble to the masses. ...meaning more opportunites for people to grow and mature intellectually.

1 Like

Re: Children Have Invaded Nairaland Politics.. by Yebosola(m): 9:41am On Jul 18, 2020
DominusPrime:

grin grin grin U sef, but Lazy youths still fight over them, despite changing party like rappers

(1) (2) (Reply)

PENGASSAN Threatens Nationwide Strike Over Killing Of Anti-sars Protesters / Journey Of An African Colony - How And Why Nigeria Was Created / Man Writes Church To Ask For Refund Of Offerings He Gave From 1998 To 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.