Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools (4203 Views)

FG Releases Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools / FG Okays “Safe Reopening” Of Schools / Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools By Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Skillbend: 10:02am On Jul 18, 2020
Atiku reacts as Nigerian govt fixes new date for reopening of schoolsPublished on July 18, 2020By John Owen Nwachukwu

Former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has reacted to Federal Government’s decision to reopen schools by September 2020.

Atiku said he is elated at the decision by the government to reopen learning institutions that have been closed down as a measure to curb the spread of COVID-19.

The Federal Government yesterday provided some specific guidelines for reopening of schools in the country.

The guidelines announced by the Minister of State for Education, Emeka Nwajiuba, on Friday cover four thematic areas.

Other reports have it that the government has consulted widely and had decided that schools will reopen on September 5 and the former VP sees this as a welcome development.
Recall that Atiku had faulted the cancellation of West African Senior School Certificate Examination, WASSCE, by the Federal Government

He had warned that the cancellation of WAEC puts Nigeria at risk because most country’s economy has its basis in education.

Reacting to the new development, Atiku tweeted, “I am elated at reports that @NigeriaGov and WAEC have resolved to shift the date of examinations to September 5, 2020.”

4 Likes

Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by chatinent: 10:05am On Jul 18, 2020
Yawns. Bird of a feather.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Tommie1054(m): 10:47am On Jul 18, 2020
I guess the protest held by the Nigerian Student is effective....I hope you won't go back on your words.
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 11:21am On Jul 18, 2020
Just fed up with this resumption of a thing... It caught me unaware. Teaching is not a job I swear. Hunger don show me pepper. If you can buy my techno f2 phone please contact me. And I have other things I wanna sell. Man will rise up after this trial.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by graciamore(f): 11:34am On Jul 18, 2020
TEMINIKANSOSO:
Just fed up with this resumption of a thing... It caught me unaware. Teaching is not a job I swear. Hunger don show me pepper. If you can buy my techno f2 phone please contact me. And I have other things I wanna sell. Man will rise up after this trial.
Teaching is no job at all, I kept praying to God to make way for me for a good job before school resume, I don't want to be tempted going backing to the classroom as a private school teacher, the passion is dead.. I don't think I can teach whole heartily with what I have been through over the months

4 Likes

Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 11:34am On Jul 18, 2020
FrustratedLady:
I'd have bought it if the battery specs was up to at least 3500 mah.
2000mah is a BIG NO

The battery is quite cool, even though it is 2000mah... Kindly buy it for my condition sake... I also have small phone... And a nice new wine cup I bought but never use... I am just at dead end... Just help me.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by TEMINIKANSOSO(m): 11:37am On Jul 18, 2020
graciamore:
Teaching is no job at all, I kept praying to God to make way for me for a good job before school resume, I don't want to be tempted going backing to the classroom as a private school teacher, the passion is dead.. I don't think I can teach whole heartily with what I have been through over the months

You are not alone bruh... I started teaching just to raise capital to start a business. See what covid 19 has done.... I am living each day at a time... Have tried virtually everything to survive.
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by 21savages: 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
Both higher institutions abi waec students alone.
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by CalebLebsco56(m): 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2020
Bros youre not alone ohh...i have taught tiredlessly for 2years now after service..i have not been able to save well because the income is low...i tried doing a bizness, but i had to squander the money because of travelling for exams and interviews...
Teaching in private school is the worst you can do if you dont have a skill...you wont grow you will just be rotating in one circle and the Principal will want you to give your best by complaining....only few Standard private schools pay well...80% mushrooms dont pay well, just to suck your blood no encouragement....i dont hope going back to that career again

1 Like

Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Aidejay(m): 1:02pm On Jul 18, 2020
Atiku the REACTOR

Waste of time.
There is nothing he said there that is worth pondering over.
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Fragility6: 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
Tommie1054:
I guess the protest held by the Nigerian Student is effective....I hope you won't go back on your words.
Protest work fire.
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Ologo14: 1:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
*Do you want to be productive?*
*in need of a side hustle?*
*Are you a corper?*
*stay home mom?*
*hustling student?* *or has covid affected your income?*
Follow this link below��

https:///IdvNiSJFgvvAzSxvXqA4eD

*I bring you a solution you can't afford to miss!!*
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by FullBlastLight: 1:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
No sane Nation wil perpetually lockdown its education sector 4 a lame excuse of preventing Coronavirus while every other sector is buzzing!

Or, by locking it down, wld it mean dt, all d infected pple contracted d virus frm schools?

D earlier they quit politicising d whole thing & open up every sector, d better it goes!

After all, d architects of d novel virus daringly & arrogantly asserted dt d virus has come 2 stay!

So why wait 4 what exactly!

------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing pass God sha!
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by 2Ways(m): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2020
hmm
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2020
FullBlastLight:
No sane Nation wil perpetually lockdown its education sector 4 a lame excuse of preventing Coronavirus while every other sector is buzzing!

Or, by locking it down, wld it mean dt, all d infected pple contracted d virus frm schools?

D earlier they quit politicising d whole thing & open up every sector, d better it goes!

After all, d architects of d novel virus daringly & arrogantly asserted dt d virus has come 2 stay!

So why wait 4 what exactly!

------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing pass God sha!
in the United States students are not going to school, there are finding a way to start online classes. But people gather for election. Talk with evidence young man. I am in support of school not even opening at all till 2021. You want our vulnerable kids to die of our stupidity. You think a 5 year old kid will wash his hand before eating without supervision.

3 Likes

Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by FullBlastLight: 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2020
Henrymorre:
in the United States students are not going to school, there are finding a way to start online classes. But people gather of election. Talk with evidence young man. I am in support of school not even opening at all till 2021. You want our vulnerable kids to die of our stupidity. You think a 5 year old kid will wash his hand before eating without supervision.

US may hv concrete reason not 2 open sch yet, as we all can see!

... bt 2 talk of Nig, abeg, there's no sound rationale 2 keep d education sector grounded wit d spurious Covid-19 figures in print!

2 Likes

Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2020
FullBlastLight:

US may hv concrete reason not 2 open sch yet, as we all can see!

... bt 2 talk of Nig, abeg, there's no sound rationale 2 keep d education sector grounded wit d spurious Covid-19 figures in print!
oh USA have reasonso until your siblings die before you know Abi? For you information, in Enugu State a person died of illness, state government took the body and refused to hand it over to the family. This the type of news you hardly hear. I heard it because the person was very close to us. If not I would think state government doesn't believe or not doing anything to stop the spread of covid. No let ignorance take you to grave.

3 Likes

Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by princetemitee(f): 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
What about ibd student that has resume
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Parablesonmarble: 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
They act like they care and also score cheap political goal of being credible opposition along the way when their motive is strictly the 'money' .Atiku has a university and a high class secondary school as business ventures. From economic perspective, its supposed to be a good news to him.
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by SpicyMimi(f): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
They don't really care...

By the way, we have clearance sales for men's wears -50% discount off! Check my profile for pics and prices.
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Akhirastriver(m): 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2020
okay
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by gift2xl: 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
Hmm.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by FullBlastLight: 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2020
Henrymorre:
oh USA have reasonso until your siblings die before you know Abi? For you information, in Enugu State a person died of illness, state government took the body and refused to hand it over to the family. This the type of news you hardly hear. I heard it because the person was very close to us. If not I would think state government doesn't believe or not doing anything to stop the spread of covid. No let ignorance take you to grave.

Guy, no siblings wil die of somtin dt hardly exist!

B4 Covid-19 pandemic, pple daily die of one ailment or anoda in every state of Nig!

Isn't it questionable or hoax 2 now be attributing every single death in d nation 2 Covid-19, conjurring up figures in order 2 milk d Nation dry?

Frankly, there's apparently nothing out there 2 be living in constant fear 4! Haba!

#Re-OpenNigeria!

#Re-OpenSchools!

5 Likes

Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Satan66(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2020
Henrymorre:
Look at whom you're arguing with.
He talks like that of an illiterate.

4 Likes

Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Under16: 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2020
If i were FG only secondary and tertiary students should resume.
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Food4Good: 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
I feel for our teachers, how long will they have to wait?
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by dopedealer(m): 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2020
TEMINIKANSOSO:

Can I see a picture of the new wine cup �

The battery is quite cool, even though it is 2000mah... Kindly buy it for my condition sake... I also have small phone... And a nice new wine cup I bought but never use... I am just at dead end... Just help me.
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by zedegit: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
gift2xl:
Hmm.

Very funny but I can't put it past them.

2 Likes

Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by dadebayo1(m): 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2020
Reactor.....
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Denique(f): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2020
zedegit:

Very funny but I can't put it past them.
Kids will always be kids... A precarious situation, I must say.
Re: WAEC: Atiku Reacts As Nigerian Govt Fixes New Date For Reopening Of Schools by Haywhymido(m): 6:31pm On Jul 18, 2020
issokay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Human P£nis Cooked Like Meat In Soup Gets Exposed – Do Not Eat This! Eat That! / NYSC Corp Members Get Engaged After Barely Three Weeks In Camp (Photo) / How Much Do You Expect To Earn After Graduation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.