Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage (27587 Views)

Sinach Welcomes First Baby Five Years After Marriage / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by GodPunishBiafra: 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
[s]
MOJ584:

"And the Lord said to Balam the prophet, Isreal is blessed and shall not be cursed!

And so has the Lord blessed his people located in the Eastern part of the Nigger area!!

Have you ever asked yourself why the Biafra spirit has refused to die after over 50years of suppression by the Hausa-Fulani/Oduduwa

Whoever the Lord has blessed, no man can curse!!!
[/s]
Rubbish

The lord said kọ, the mumu said ni.
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by abdullahi45: 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
GrifindorHouse:

Swear say u no dey suck d ! c k, swear say u no dey f u u c k doggy style... hypocritical lot like y'all deserve the deepest part of hell if only it exists..

Just because someone people do not agree, support, or believe your belief/notion do not make them hypocrites. The truth is always bitter when shared, if you can't accept it, why not keep quite instead of condemning the sayer. She never said she was perfect so why the unnecessary tantrum..
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
MrJames007:
You that is writing this thing, have you waited till then

Yeah, waiting... till after marriage by God's grace

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
Eulalia:
I concurr.

Preach it on dear. A lot of people especially the youth have taken it as a norm that when you mention abstainance/celibacy, they see you as an alien. So loud it!

God bless you for this

Amen thanks and u too.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by abdullahi45: 1:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
izuch:
What does one do when the urge to sexually ease yourself comes, suppress it What if you try suppressing and the urge vehemently refuses to go??

1. Try to get your self busy, the more you are busy, the less your mind have anytime to think about it.

2. Avoid the triggers, don't go online seeing obscene pictures (I do not mean only po*n here), that might trigger your system for sex. Just try to study your triggers and avoid them.

3. It also depends largely on why you are avoiding it. This will enhance your self-determination and discipline. Some avoid it for religious convictions and beliefs, some do because they just prefer to be celibate till marriage. So, identify why you don't want to and be disciplined with.

4. Lastly, I must say it can be very difficult, especially in our society where fornication and adultery are now seen as normal and conventional. Some people even question and doubt your potency if you refuse to indulge.

True happiness can not be achieved through self-gratification (and hedonism), but through fidelity to a noble cause - Helen Keller

All the best man

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by abdullahi45: 1:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
jasent:
I am only concern about number 8..I am doing my best to win back God's favor in my life.

All the best man cool

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by abdullahi45: 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
PotatoSalad:

It's very important to know your partner's sexuality before getting married. Don't listen to whatever anyone tells you that's contrary to this. Infact sex before marriage helps build a long lasting marriage.
Waiting until your wedding night to find out has done more harm than good.
Explore your hubby. Know his fantasies.

Haaa, are you an antichrist preacher?

Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by PotatoSalad(m): 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
abdullahi45:

Haaa, are you an antichrist preacher?
Eyaaaaah
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by Altrarecords(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
Biglittlelois:
I am a christian, but my thought process on waiting till marriage before you have sex with your partner is kinda somehow, God help us all.

Why is that though? Wanna hear your views
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by GrifindorHouse(m): 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
abdullahi45:

Just because someone people do not agree, support, or believe your belief/notion do not make them hypocrites. The truth is always bitter when shared, if you can't accept it, why not keep quite instead of condemning the sayer. She never said she was perfect so why the unnecessary tantrum..

There is no truth in what she is saying, you church people do the most... No be this same church people wey dey arrange girls for visiting pastors wey come for their church programs? Abegi! Y'all are liars living fake lives.
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by IamDavid(m): 1:54pm On Jul 19, 2020
Dangrace01:

Tell us what got you convinced you might convince others
Apart from my faith, honestly, I don't know. What I know is that my headache increases when I start doing those things. It makes my life more complex. I'm just a young man trying to be successful, well under 30. Once I see green light, I'll get married.
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by IamDavid(m): 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
GrifindorHouse:

There is no truth in what she is saying, you church people do the most... No be this same church people wey dey arrange girls for visiting pastors wey come for their church programs? Abegi! Y'all are liars living fake lives.
I agree some believers live fake lives, might be many sef but definitely not all. People still marry as virgins. You probably wouldn't realise because of your circle. Thank you.
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by Saintly01(m): 2:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
motionarena:
All my company Staff are currently working from a hotel due to the pandemic.

My friend and colleague is currently sleeping with another female colleague who got recently married on a daily basis.

How do I report this.
I pity her poor husband.
Really Sad.
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by abdullahi45: 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
GrifindorHouse:

Speak for yourself man... Stop criticizing people to massage your ego or vindicate yourself.. Just because you are angry won't stop people from preaching.

PS: I am not a church people, but a Muslim!
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by Kinzo0917(m): 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
paulolee:
that some of ur points are not valid and convincing to preach about sex before or after marriage..
the point is that going by religion, its not proper to have sex before marriage but the main problem is the society we find ourselves, so many things that were once wrong or secret are now normal because we all see no bad in it and engage in it freely and are now used to it..
waiting for sex till when married isnt easy as people preach it to be, the issue is being more careful with the sex thing..
. THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE. SEX IS A SIN EVEN IF MOST OF US ARE GUILTY OF IT. GOD HAVE MERCY ON US. AND GIVE US THE GRACE TO AVOID SIN. AMEN
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by abdullahi45: 2:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
Saintly01:

Really Sad.

And that same wife will get back home, cook for her husband, re-announces her love for him, and even make love with him. Haabaa, this is disgusting..

Need I say that premarital sex is one of the major reasons for infidelity in marriage, many people's minds remain out there and would like to taste their ex over and over again or would like to see what other guys out there got. They have this sense that they are missing something or not getting enough.. The decay and many broken homes we see in our society today is as a result of our hedonic decisions.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by timifaithus(m): 2:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
Biglittlelois:
I am a christian, but my thought process on waiting till marriage before you have sex with your partner is kinda somehow, God help us all.

It's not easy.. But it's possible
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by MrJames007: 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
VLTA:

Yeah, waiting... till after marriage by God's grace
Ok. Mo oil to yo joints.
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by Bahamas95(m): 2:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
OP stop that rubbish talk jor!

I broke up with one of my girlfriends because she is very boring in bed, I prefer them naughty. Assuming I nor test her before marriage how I wan take know say she nor go fit cope with my high libido?......Abeg nor talk that rubbish again o.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by Liposure: 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
MarcC:
Oga Op... U are talking a rubbish..

So in marriage having sex doesn't drain energy ?
Can u prove that having sex leaves one to demonic possession? Like how do u think sef ? So demons don't possess virgins ?
How would it lead to marital issues ? So a past sexual history is a determinant to marital issues ?.. So those that have marital issues don't have a clean sexual Hx ?
Peace of mind is lost ?

You just sick ..

Tell us it's a sin and don't come and talk thrash
my god will bless you abundantly
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by freethinker420(m): 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
Nonsense so what are we supposed to do with our sexual urges…mitchew angry
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by Funaki: 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
abdullahi45:

Yeah, sex isn't illegal, but premarital or extramarital sex is. Let me quote your Bible for you.

My bible? grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by ajimotoke(m): 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hmmmmmmm, only and only if we can adhere, only His grace can save us all.
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by Liposure: 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
not convincing enough
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by Jman24(m): 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
motionarena:

My friend and colleague is currently sleeping with another female colleague who got recently married on a daily basis.

How do I report this.
I pity her poor husband.

What people don't know is that we are all humans. With sexual fantasies; religion or no religion.
That you decide not to have sex with someone else's wife is just an act of discipline (training of the mind) nothing special.

You can have sex with a bishop's daughter cus your brain is not even telling u anything asides those killer curves of hers and before you know it, you are done having sex. When the dad preaches on the next day on Sunday, you can still get sober, lifting up your sinful hands you used to finger d daughter, speaking words from same mouth you used to kiss her ...

The thing is, you might not remember anything that went down at that moment. Humans have options to explore and the will power to restrain ...
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by abdullahi45: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Funaki:

My bible? grin grin cheesy grin grin grin

Are you a Christian?
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by GrifindorHouse(m): 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
abdullahi45:

Speak for yourself man... Stop criticizing people to massage your ego or vindicate yourself.. Just because you are angry won't stop people from preaching.

PS: I am not a church people, but a Muslim!

I'm quite sure u not familiar with church runs then... Fear those people, I mean, fear them.
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by prophetfire: 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
motionarena:

How do I report this.
I pity her poor husband.
since he is your friend, tell him he is digging his grave. The repercusion will surely haunt him.
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by SpicyMimi(f): 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
We waited, it was totally worth it! God will always give you the best when you obey Him fully! You can do it too.
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by SeekHim: 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
Here is the ABC of Salvation:

A-Acknowledge the fact that you are a sinner and that you can not save yourself. Psalms 51: 5
B- Believe that it is only Jesus that can save you. Romans 10:10, Acts 4: 12
C- Confess your sins, repent from them and be converted (Never go back to them). Romans 10: 9. Call upon Jesus to forgive you and be saved today (Romans 10:13).

Follow these steps now please! Tomorrow may be too late! Death may come, Rapture may take place before you act! Don't delay!!!
Re: 8 Reasons Sex Should Wait Till After Marriage by ayanbaba2(m): 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2020
samsard:
What I'm telling you is that there is no correlation between success and sex before marriage. As a matter of fact, there is no such thing as "destiny." If you like don't have sex, it you aren't smart, productive and hard-working you will be poor and irrelevant in the grand. Scheme of things.

excellent reply to his view!

spirituality and success is only in Nigerians fvckedup mind...

there is always a reward for hardwork, anywhere!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman: I Almost Died Fasting For 11 Days Without Water Or Food / Ondo Poll Outcome Will Shock Politicians – Primate Ayodele / Bishop Oyedepo: Islamists Are Bent On Islamizing Nigeria, But This Is Not 1964

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.