Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. (100917 Views)

Mother And Son Arrested For Killing Their Neighbor In Ogun (Photo) / 2 Men 'Killing People With Charms' In Anambra Caught & Handcuffed (Photos) / Man Who Rapes People's Wives In Delta, Caught, Tied & Almost Tortured To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by fortune1968: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
Women are generally ungrateful . Their sense of entitlement is second to none . Even at home here , pick them from squalor and make them , immediately they are ok , you become their enemy . Some start flirting around and calling your shit if you complain . These days , any reasonable should know the extent he should allow any woman in his life . Marriage or no marriage .

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by magicminister: 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
gypsey:
I am not supporting laziness of the men, but you forgot these men brought these wives to the US and sponsored their nursing carrers, if they didn't bring them to the US they would still be in nigeria hoeing or something.

Anyway, who in their right mind would go to nigeria marry wife and bring to the US?

The bolded is key to understanding the personalities of these men!
There are thousands of Nigerian women in US and many are single and searching.
They are established and do not need anyone's money.
But the guys that go to Naija to pick a wife from the village are typically men with low self esteem and fragile egos.
They only do that because they want a naive girl they can exploit and turn to a cash cow for their personal gratification.

First of all, if you are in the US and getting a wife from Nigeria, it will cost nothing less than 10k USD to get her and file the necessary paperwork.
That money couldve gone towards furthering themselves to ensure that they are earning high income. Its a thing of joy if your partner makes more money than you. It is a blessing. But then self entitlement creeps in followed by resentment when the wife refuses to spend all her money on them.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by VULCAN(m): 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2020
I'm not clear on your point.

Are you trying to imply that because this article was written sometime over 6 yrs(but not more than 10yrs) ago that the actions that inspired it have somehow evaporated? So therefore it should be classified as now historical?

So you are implying that Nigerian men have stopped killing their wives now so the article is archaic?

tot:

Then state clearly that it is HISTORICAL stuff as well as the date, rather than presenting it as new information as clearly that is a misrepresentation otherwise.. I don't know what you've posted in the past, that's not my concern.

Topic: » This Is How Nigerian Men Are Killing Their Wives In US - By Abiodun Ladepo «.
No mention of it being historical, so clearly a misrepresentation.

cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by kuntama: 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2020
Oh please! To the thread originator. Please please grow up. These r simply badly behaved men (which is far far goo common) Nobody deserves to be killed by any other human being. Nobody but the murderer is at fault. Please. Stop perpetuating these immature right wing psychopathic ideologies. So they helped another human being achieve their potential. So what? That is the right thing to do. U do not improve someone else’s life so that u can be their master or enslave them or make them work for you or your family.
So, please. Just stop posting derogatory and inflammatory remarks about women. We r not your dogs or your better halves. We r we. Not yours. Thank u

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Poloyanabo2(m): 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2020
I blame the women, for destroying the lifes of the men who made them what they are....
I blame the men for marrying such useless women...

I'm not a misogynist but i really felt pity for how those mens life were destroyed by their heady wifes...
Frustration can make a Man become mentally unstable, and those men that commited all those crimes were not sane, they have been pushed to the limits by their wives, they say their whole life's investment crashing down that's why they commited those attrocities....
While am not supporting the men, i feel that if the women didn't push them to their limits, they'all woulda been happy till this moment...

A typical naija man can turn to a beast when faced with such fiercely independent wives..
my advice to Naija Men and women is that they should marry over there in America and stop coming home to marry poor partners who would later turn to nightmares when they see money...

Dats why i would try hard as possible to keep away from virgins and poor people when it comes to marriage...

The virgin after first sex might turn into a prostitute seeking to explore what she has been missing since

And a poor person might turn to be a thorn in the flesh after tasting a little bit of affluence, he might get drunk with money and loose respect for even the person who made him who he became...

These two sets of people are like landmines in life...

Rip to those women.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Yrey: 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2020
I believe the problem isn't just with our women alone. Maybe we're not seeing that of the men yet. I once had a relationship with a guy in the US. Oga was already telling me "hope you know say na me go de keepbyour money when you come America?" I beg my hand de pain me? See eh, my husband and i can come to an agreement that i drop xyz percent of my monthly salary for the family's long term goal. I gat no problem with that. But when you won come kolobi my entire salary na that one i nor get o. I'm not a village girl. I am a degree nurse here in 9ja while he ia a LPN and he's into construction as well. By the time you begin hold my cash, one day go come you go say the money when i de give my family too much. That's where it begins from

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Sportwin(m): 5:50pm On Jul 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I have and I will never stoop low to batter another human being because I lost out in the game called 'Marriage'.

No one is supporting battery
But then I won't support someone reaping where they did not sow

I won't be surprised if she was also cheating as well
Until you are pushed to your limit

As I said earlier it's easier said than done

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by hammer8: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2020
Dalil8:
Men listen up;

Before bringing that your so called lovely wife or gf with you to the U.S and sponsoring her through school make sure you have a legal agreement with her in which she pays you back for all the dime you've spent on her as soon as she starts earning.

That way it's a win win for both.

Love is good yes, but Money is more important than Love.

Use your head or someone else will use it for you.

AMERICA HAS A GUN CULTURE AND LIFE IN AMERICA IS CHEAP.

ANY SMALL THING NA SHOOTING GO SETTLE AM.

ALSO, HUMAN BEINGS GENERALLY HAVE A GOD GIVEN ENTITTLEMENT NATURE.

SO, AS SOON AS SHE GETS HER STUFF, SHE RIGHTFULLY KNOWS SHE IS ENTITLED.

BETTER MEN ADJUST AND MANAGE WHICH ARE THE MAJORITY.

THE ODD ONES THAT WANT TO CHOP WOMAN MONEY CHALLENGE AND MATTERS ESCALATE, UNTIL THEY COOL OFF IN PRISON OR MORTUARY.
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2020
Sportwin:
No one is supporting battery
But then I won't support someone reaping where they did not sow
I won't be surprised if she was also cheating as well
As I said earlier it's easier said than done
Reaping where they did not sow? If you are not ready for marriage, I suggest you don't even attempt it at all.
There is no such thing as "someone reaping where they did not sow" as far as marriage is concerned. That has always been the case.
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by FuckDaMods: 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2020
GboyegaD:

If the man has enough evidence to end the marriage, he could win custody of the children and keep the house. The house of given to whoever is awarded the custody of the children. In this case, the wife, because she has a better paying job. To the government, the children comes first.

On a lighter note, to the man who wants to reap because he sent her to school, how much does he give his parents of his earning? Did they not send him to school too?
You are still going in circles talking about reap when it's the woman that has the power to refuse being reaped and even do the reaping herself despite being more financially stable thanks to the mumu man.. Still on your last paragraph, Do you live with your parents or wife as a grown ass married family man? E be like say you be woman wrapper o..

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by planetx: 5:52pm On Jul 22, 2020
nokatakata:
The women will continue to get killed gruesomely if they don't change their evil ways. How can someone work hard , bring you all the way from Nigeria to the USA or UK with him, assists you in going to school and when you get a job, the next thing is to start treating him like trash and wanting a divorce so you could own everything he laboured to get for years. Most me especially Africans will hardly accept that bullsh.it. they'll rather kill the woman and get killed as well. No winner. If you leave them back in Naija while sending money to them, they will say you have abandoned them and married someone else. You struggle to bring them to join you, then they betray you. Ogun kill any woman wey attempt that nonsense with me. Na juju I go use finish her and return he back to Naija. If juju no work, we die there.
But if the nursing was giving the women so much money, why can't the men also go to nursing school so they can also make the plenty money.
Naija men have wisen up now, they too are going to nursing school well well. We gonna make the good money together and oppress each other lol.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Sportwin(m): 5:52pm On Jul 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Reaping where they did not sow? If you are not ready for marriage, I suggest you don't even attempt it at all. There is no such thing as "someone reaping where they did not sow" as far as marriage is concerned. That has always been the case.

What are you even saying
A woman earns and doesn't finance the home
The man earns and does that
And when divorce comes in he loses all he earned to her

I am getting upset already
Better we end this here sir

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by freeborn02: 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2020
johnkey:
They got what they deserved, ungrateful bastards

Yeah.... ungrateful bastards they are. If the men had left them to rot in their slums in Nigeria or refused to sponsor their education, they wouldn't have grown wings and become air headed.
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2020
joseph1832:
I believe some Nigerian men abroad likes to keep their wives here in Nigeria, because they're afraid of what they might do, when they discover what it truly mean to be free.

Rest In Peace Lady.
What the level of freedom, what really propel such attitude by our women.
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2020
Sportwin:
What are you even saying. A woman earns and doesn't finance the home
Where do you get this gobble-de-gook idea from? So the fact that she cares for the home is of no mind because you think that if she is not bringing in actual pay she is nothing but a boarder in the home? undecided
Sportwin:
The man earns and does that. And when divorce comes in he loses all he earned to her.I am getting upset already
Better we end this here sir
I have no clue what ideas you have been fed of marriage, and life in general, but I suggest you make sure you grow up before you attempt a relationship. of the serious kind, or else ...

In this case, it seems the woman did bring in some income into the home since she seemed to have had employment of sorts.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by LoveJesus87(m): 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2020
raphy:
tht money is good as a RN I think my wife will be a nurse in America when we land there .

no body should mention me here money runs the world.
And she will share it with you ??
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2020
AhmedEmeka:

What the level of freedom, what really propel such attitude by our women.
Your women? You mean the women are your subjects/slaves? undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by pocohantas(f): 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2020
J111333:
Hanty ikogherichaa, you pack your Ghana-must-bag because I have already paid for your canoe ticket.
Na for America dem dey kill wives no be here in Cotonou and don't worry, you're not coming as wife but sidechick. grin

Lol. I’ll pass...
Come and meet me here in Nigeria. grin
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by krushdripper(m): 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2020
12inchess:
Well I live in the U. S and I understand this situation very well. You should see a common trend among all these cases. The husband has invested so much in not only bringing the wife here (flights, visas, exams, accommodation etc) but also paying for her school etc. Nursing school is minimum of two years. And runs into tens of thousands of dollars. That is years of slaving to invest in someone's education and the benefit of the family while doing your taxi driver job or security guard job only for the person to change it up and start misbehaving once they believe they have arrived or have obtained their degree and are now well placed. You will never hear these women misbehaving while they are still in nursing school oooo and because they couldn't afford it ordinarily but only after! Schooling here is not cheap. Or how will you feel if you are the person that payed a so called wife's flight ticket then housed her for years paid all her bills up to the last penny. Even went ahead to pay her schooling, money for extra lessons etc. Only for her to graduate and then try to take your house and your property because she is learning the "abroad way" from her so called good for nothing "feminist liberated" friends. Not to consider the emotional trauma. It's enuff to shoot that person in the head. People are killed for way for much less on the streets. An American husband will never pay for anything talk less of school tuition. He will tell u to go take a loan. The least the lady in question should do is pay back all the money spent on her and her schooling with interest if she is planning to leave. Now to go ahead and be trying to take over that person's property? We all know how the law is in the west under situations like this. I'm sorry to say it and I wouldn't ever support murder but the reason that this women are killed is very evident.
Boss, you hit the nail on the head. So many things i've got to say concerning these, but i reserve my comment to groom. These (black ladies both home and abroad) don't deserve the love they get from some so called men. I hope some of such lady-adoring men see this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by VULCAN(m): 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2020
What a brilliant analysis of the problem. You are very insightful.

Why must these women take the house and the kids away from the men?

See how Jeff Bezos' wife left the marriage. She was entitled to much more than he offered and could have given him problems on the board yet she was content with the agreement. If it was the average Nigerian woman she would have tried to destroy him, make it difficult for him to have access to the kids and make him lose control of Amazon.

Remember Jeff is the one who was caught cheating!!

Why are most Nigerian women so vindictive?

Hed0nist:
Not to talk bad about the dead but does dying make the slain women saints?
It doesn't seem that most of the murders were committed out of any innate violence in the men. The women probably pushed them to the wall and took everything from them till they had nothing to lose.

I don't think some of these women would have been killed if they had simply left without destroying the man and taking everything he had worked for, even when they now earn higher and can take care of themselves without him.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by magicminister: 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
FuckDaMods:

Pure rubbish... Since she has advanced herself and now financially stable, why does she still desire to take the man house, half his property & collect child support?

Okay, let me school you!!
In US, if you owned the property before you guys got married, that property is yours. During divorce, it is not part of the settlement.
Only thing that is split are things that were gotten within the marriage.
The few exception are in states like Cali where there is a common law that means that half your shittt goes to her regardless of if it was gotten before or after marriage!

What i am trying to say is that if the court grants her ownership of the house and custody of the kids, that is because the house was gotten within marriage by either both of them or one of them!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by planetx: 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
AristocraticMe:
it's easier to say exactly...... It is not easy to lose all you worked for to a woman that does not know how you started. It's hard..... I live in America and I understand the feeling of those people. But I dont justify killing someone. Its is NO NO for me.

That's is why it is better to look for a Nigerian girl or an African girl you like in America and just marry. Bringing a girl from naija is not a good thing at all...... I will never advice anyone to do that.
A Nigerian or African girl already living in the US will do same if not worse. It's all about the individual, people should date for sometime before rushing into marriage. Most of this men were probably hooked up with a wife in Nigeria because they felt they were getting old and need to settle down and married the first girl their aunty or sister recommend for them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by saajus: 5:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
You should understand what I am saying. The caption "Nigerian man in Dallas who killed his wife called 911 to confess"and the 4 videos attached are not necessary. The rest of the story is true. The video is a skit but the way the story present it as if the skit was actually the real 911 call. Yes, the videos can be used for awareness but not to be presented like real.
naptu2:

IT IS NOT NEWS!!! Can't you understand?? This is a discussion topic, not a news item.
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. I’ll pass...
Come and meet me here in Nigeria. grin
Ngwanu, join me or enjoy Shiloh 2030 in peace. undecided
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Sportwin(m): 6:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Where do you get this gobble-de-gook idea from? So the fact that she cares for the home is of no mind because you think that if she is not bringing in actual pay she is nothing but a boarder in the home? undecided
I have no clue what ideas you have been fed of marriage, and life in general, but I suggest you make sure you grow up before you attempt a relationship. of the serious kind, or else ...

In this case, it seems the woman did bring in some income into the home since she seemed to have had employment of sorts.

Very interesting how you cast aspersions
Shows how matured you really are
I put it to you, if there wasn't an issue there wouldn't be recurring deaths

Women do the most , if you don't know this already
You need to grow up
And reading books would hasten that

Thanks for your time

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Chatflick(m): 6:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
He did the right thing. Don't quote me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Ladycewhy(f): 6:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
GalPissetzky:
you will be next butchered victim. mark my words. i know how stinking pussy hoes like u always end
is that how your sister died ,my condolences grin
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by Kobojunkie: 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
Sportwin:
Very interesting how you cast aspersions. Shows how matured you really are
Thanks for your time
Funny, I didn't cast any aspersions. I simply told you that marriage is not for the immature. If you are still stuck with the 'it is mine' mentality, then ,marriage is surely not for you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by ThierryJay: 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
GboyegaD:

If the man has enough evidence to end the marriage, he could win custody of the children and keep the house. The house of given to whoever is awarded the custody of the children. In this case, the wife, because she has a better paying job. To the government, the children comes first.

On a lighter note, to the man who wants to reap because he sent her to school, how much does he give his parents of his earning? Did they not send him to school too?

I know you are trying to sound balanced but to be honest your second paragraph above is impractical and quite infuriating, and I'm a very objective person. Your analogies are totally misplaced.

You have totally missed the crux of the matter which is the pull-down attitude of the wives to the husbands who financed them, after they've made it. Using the example you gave, because you now earn way much money than your parents who sent you to school and raised you, is the next thing to begin to oppress them by stripping them of everything they hold dear to them Is this how normal people respond to parents who raised them How can you trivialize this??

If you noticed, the affected men in the story appear to be ordinary responsible looking men with no criminal profile. That should tell you that something terrible has consistently happened to unhinge them and they snapped!

Please learn to analyze issues critically before pontificating in an attempt to sound politically correct. No one is saying murder is good. In fact all the killer husbands knew this but damned the consequences anyway because they had nothing to lose.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by pocohantas(f): 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
J111333:
Ngwanu, join me or enjoy Shiloh 2030 in peace. undecided

I will never take religion as the way out of any problem. Not my style... tongue
Re: Nigerian Men Killing Their Wives In The United States. by hammer8: 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

A Lady Dropped At Eleme Junction, Port-Harcourt With Money Inside Her Hand-Bag / Policemen Beat Soldier For Refusing To Wear Face-Mask In Benin / ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.