Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV (7597 Views)

How I Ended Up Buying A Fake Lg TV. Or Did I? / My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) / My Experience Buying A Used TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Preator: 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bought a 32 in LG from Fouani a couple of years back at 75k. TV is still serving me well. Followed someone to go buy a TV from a dealer only for him to offer the same TV at 40k. Was surprised we priced it a bit and settled foŕ 35k. We bought a TV guard too. Took the TV home and picture quality was just like mine(FHD) of course i was sceptical but i assumed the price had come down. Until recently i wanted to buy a 65 inches 4k TV and saw it for 170/180k on Jiji. I knew it was a fake. Started researching fake LG and realized the 35k TV was a fake.(same packaging with the 4k TVs on Jiji). The upside is that the TV has been working quite well for 12 months now with no fault. Good picture and audio quality.

Fouani offers a 65 in 4K tv at 396,000. Dont know if the fake LG will deliver the same(or almost the same) quality. Cos thats a 200k+ difference for an LG brand name.

If anybody has bought one of those 4k tv, kindly share your experience
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by adexxod: 8:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
Pls share your experience oooo... We're waiting
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by iamphilips(m): 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2020
NgeneUkwuneee:
If u have the means, go for original but if not go for the so called fake. Many actually lasts.

Avoid Nairaland Tokunbo marketers

Exactly, fear them. ACUNON IS A SCAM, Sold me a 32inch with dead backlight for 50k

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Kingstonfresh(m): 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2020
Good evening guys.. Please I need your urgent help. I bought a tv this week, a 24" syinix tv. Since I bought the tv it has been showing me No Signal. I've bought 3 different AV cables but it's not helping. I made sure I plugged the red, yellow and white well.. I would have tried HDMI cable but my GOtv decoder doesn't have it. The USB isn't even opening.

Please HELP ME

1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by lakefist(m): 11:20pm On Oct 15, 2020
Kingstonfresh:
Good evening guys.. Please I need your urgent help. I bought a tv this week, a 24" syinix tv. Since I bought the tv it has been showing me No Signal. I've bought 3 different AV cables but it's not helping. I made sure I plugged the red, yellow and white well.. I would have tried HDMI cable but my GOtv decoder doesn't have it. The USB isn't even opening.

Please HELP ME

get original cable, simple!
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by rolexino(m): 3:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
It's so funny reading of comments here...

I kept laughing because intend to buying the LG TV inscribed on the body as LG tv but at the point of paying, he said; he bought the TV not knowing it's a fake LG.

In the end, he asked me not to worry about paying for it.

But the big problem now is that; up till now, I have not been able to get the remote that works with it.

Any advice?
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by kenrish2(m): 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2020
i want to buy 65inch fake 4k lg but dont know of yhe picture quality is okey
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Emagha(m): 1:38am On Jan 01, 2021
kenrish2:
i want to buy 65inch fake 4k lg but dont know of yhe picture quality is okey

please quote me when you buy yours i want to buy same I'm currently using the 65inches LED fake and it has been serving me well, bought it 170k, planning on buying the smart
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:20am On Jan 01, 2021
tivta:
New fake is better than original used. Why? Cause you can never vouch for how the original owner of the original product handled it before selling, plus like someone said here most of these new "fakes" have warranty unlike the used original product...
I concur, but if u r lucky to get a good tokunboh TV their picture quality are top notch.
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by kenrish2(m): 6:43am On Jan 02, 2021
Emagha:

please quote me when you buy yours i want to buy same I'm currently using the 65inches LED fake and it has been serving me well, bought it 170k, planning on buying the smart
pls measure it if it up to 65inch (diagonally) pls i want to know b4 buying
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Zizzle104(m): 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2021
kenrish2:

Please guys I need your help, am about to buy the fake lg tv 75 inches, is it advisable to buy it, how good is the picture quality. Its a pay on delivery does it produce 4k quality ?
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by kenrish2(m): 2:15am On Jan 07, 2021
Zizzle104:

Please guys I need your help, am about to buy the fake lg tv 75 inches, is it advisable to buy it, how good is the picture quality. Its a pay on delivery does it produce 4k quality ?
if u measure it that 75inch is actually 65inch and the 65inch is 55inch
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by brandon180(m): 9:09pm On Jan 12, 2021
Please is it possible to purchase a fake LG tv from an LG showroom?
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by tetralogyfallot(m): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2021
brandon180:
Please is it possible to purchase a fake LG tv from an LG showroom?
its possible to get a very low quality lg tv from even their showroom.
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Emagha(m): 11:43pm On Feb 09, 2021
kenrish2:

I've done that before, it's 65
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Alongeous(m): 11:58am On Jun 06, 2021
What is the power rating of the fake LG 32LK50 TV?
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by hustla(m): 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2021
iamphilips:

Exactly, fear them. ACUNON IS A SCAM, Sold me a 32inch with dead backlight for 50k

All of them na scam

grin
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by iamogunlowo(m): 11:45am On Aug 26, 2021
are you still using the tv
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by daddy001: 5:46am On Oct 03, 2021
Those using the fake LG TV should please update the house.i have personally comfirmed 49" to be 43".....
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Penuelseun(m): 6:23am On Oct 03, 2021
daddy001:
Those using the fake LG TV should please update the house.i have personally comfirmed 49" to be 43".....

That's true, want to buy one last year but discovered that 43" measures 39", finally settled for a 4k tokunbo tv. Their picture quality is also terrible for a true hd display. Better you go for original tvs, you can check out the infinix tv, heard they are ok
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Shobbyxi(m): 6:32am On Oct 03, 2021
NgeneUkwuneee:

They always have a way of telling u that it's better to buy their Tokunbo without any warranty nor guarantee. Whereas u can get the fake new TV from a reputable dealer and still get ur two years guarantee. So which is better?
Over here we have a fake LG 32” TV I’d say the graphic quality isn’t bad and it’s been here for over 3 years now but not often used sha
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Amstrongdod(m): 12:10pm On May 08, 2022
I currently intend buying new LG 43 inch non-smart TV for my mum I was told that by the dealer that it's 90k, the cheap price made me scared, I called my technician and he told me that it's fake but I can buy it and it will work well if I maintain it well with a very good TV guard/stabilizer and he said even if it develops fault it has warranty and it's spare parts can easily be bought in Nigeria.

Am also considering nexus non smart 43 inch TV & I was told it's #110k
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by daddy001: 6:49am On Jun 29, 2022
amstamon:

oga most of them came with fault that had been repaired. and mostly possible to still generate same fault sooner or later. still has a packed up TV at home, selling as scrap soon
how long did you use this TV before it's eventually packed up.thanks
Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Uemah7: 10:28am On Sep 22, 2022
guys, I recently ordered an LG 32" smart tv, they brought in a fake. How I knew?

1. The weight, it was so so light that immediately you hold it and raise it, you can feel.

2. There is no model number on the carton, they only wrote one random string of digits, every LG smart tv comes with a model number, that also specifies which region it was manufactured for, e.g AFK-68839blah blah, that AFK means it was made for Africa.

3. No model number on the TV itself. for every original LG tv, you will see the model numbers printed on the back of the TV itself. If you notice that the number is printed on a paper sticker and attached to the tv, just know it's a fake.

4. When you put on the TV, normally, it is supposed to ask you to set it up, being a new webOS TV, just like setting up your new android phone when you buy it, but the fake one will just take you directly to the TV interface, with blurry logos and icons, you'll just notice that there is nothing smart about the pictures, the edges of the icons are rough and blurry.
Also the remote control will look so unrefined, the spellings of YouTube and Netflix might be wrongly spelt and the LG logo on the remote will be a painted one, not finely printed as its supposed to be.

5. The last trick, this is the ultimate way to know if your LG smart tv is fake or real, pick up the remote, point at the tv and quickly tap the mute button thrice, on the original, the tv model number will pop up on the screen instantly, but on the fake one, nothing will happen apart from the volume going down.

Thank me later

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV by Kingstrade: 9:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
Someone please help a brother, I got a fake LG 43 inches and it’s working perfectly for now but the tint settings is looking greenish and I’ve been trying to edit but to no avail. please can anyone teach me how to edit it like I usually edit it contrast and brightness ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gbwhatsapp Pro V8.30 Latest Version For Android (anti-ban) - Download APK / New Tecno Android Phone F7 Specifications / iPod Touch 4G 32Gb For Sale. 32k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.