Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,275 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women (18970 Views)

Shock: Malami Tells Buhari To Suspend Constitution, Declare Martial Law- Gazette / Boko Haram: Major-General Adeniyi To Face Court-Martial / Major-General Hakeem Otiki Dismissed For Stealing By Army Court Martial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by Amotolongbo(f): 6:18am On Jul 19, 2020
THE government of Osun The state has disclosed that it has begun training women and girl-children kungfu, karate, judo and other forms of martial arts as part of its efforts to curtail gender-based violence in the state.

In a series of tweets at the weekend, the state government also announced that the martial arts training centres would be spread across the state, but that it would kick-start on the basis of federal constituencies. According to the tweets on @StateofOsun, “as part of its efforts to curtail the increase in gender-based violence in the state, the government has begun teaching women and children self-defence skills.

“The martial arts skill acquisition is open to children from the age of four years and to women across different ages. “Addressing journalists during an inter-ministerial media briefing organised by the Ministry of Information and Civic Orientation, the Honourable Commissioner for Women, Children and Social Affairs, Mrs Bukola Olaboopo said the Ministry of Women and Children Affairs was working with Osun Sports Council and the National Association of Women in Sports on this project.

“She said the training would be done every weekend by talented coaches who are committed to empowering our women. It is one of the state government’s efforts at ensuring that there is a reduction of gender-based violence, especially rape.

“So, we want our women to be able to defend themselves and be less vulnerable to rape attacks,” Olaboopo said. The tweets continued: “She added that interested participants shall only be required to obtain the enrolment form at a negligible cost of N500 for the sake of getting them committed, while other materials and logistics required shall be provided by the government.

“Speaking on the venues of the programme, Olaboopo said that ‘it is not going to be centred in Osogbo alone. It is going to be (spread) across the state, but first, we are taking it on the basis of federal constituencies, after which we shall be extending it to local government areas as soon as we are able to get more coaches.’”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/rape-osun-begins-martial-arts-training-for-women/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by mankand(m): 6:29am On Jul 19, 2020
Osun of all state, where the governor is supposed to encourage traditional means of solving the matter

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by Amotolongbo(f): 6:34am On Jul 19, 2020
mankand:
Osun of all state, where the governor is supposed to encourage traditional means of solving the matter
I wonder o

These Eko people bringing alien tactics to our state for problem solving.

Why martial arts, when we have “ofe”, “aluwo”, “tude”, “ewon sonpono”, “ibante”, “okigbe”, “paro lo”, “ijaya” et al which are indigenous to us?
There is even one that when a woman has it, no man will have his prick erect if he intends sleeping with her. This is meant to be produced in large quantity.
But the problem I have with this is that, “Babalawo ti o n se ogun afeeri fun aayan na ni o se arinako fun adiye” (the traditionalist giving the cockroach a concealable charm may also be the one giving the fowl the seekable charm)

What if the man is with weapons?
What they are many like fulani herdsmen and robbers?

And I’m sure the major thing they will teach us using the martial arts to do is to kicked the rapists by their balls to render them powerless. What if they close up their thighs on their balls while coming for the god forsaken act?

I implore our governor, Oyetola, to reconsider that o.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by SmartProf(m): 6:34am On Jul 19, 2020
You better conduct same training for men as well. All of us are endangered species shocked. Our idea about rape in this country is very skewed.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by Sammy07: 6:36am On Jul 19, 2020
Ori Oyetola ti d daru grin

they want women to be beating us ni grin
Next few years headline will be

Woman beat her husband to death in Osun state grin

Buh that's not the solution tho, can a girl beat 3 Boys at the same time

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:58am On Jul 19, 2020
Lol waste of time

By the time the bandits and herdsmen show them AK-47 and dagger na the women go use there hand remove pant bend down

23 Likes

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by zealousayo(m): 7:14am On Jul 19, 2020
It's all right.

1 Like

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 19, 2020
Yoruba to the World

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by Slawormir: 7:29am On Jul 19, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

All these our government don dey watch and believe too much in Chinese movies... probably them don watch that old movie called kungfu hustle where he be say every body for the film Sabi kung Fu including the land lady

Them nor know say Most times those things nor dey work for real life especially if the enemies way you want defend against na more than one person

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by Zackattack: 7:29am On Jul 19, 2020
Sometimes, I dey fear our solution to a problem than the problem itself.

44 Likes

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by inoki247: 7:29am On Jul 19, 2020
if the Government are sincere about diz is a welcome sturv buh nothing wey d Government no fit turn to scam... Dem fit say na Jackie Chan come train dem nd e cost 10billion

41 Likes

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by dazzlingd(m): 7:30am On Jul 19, 2020
Too much film, hope they learn.

I wonder how much they would have spent on this one now,
Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by Tastemoney(m): 7:30am On Jul 19, 2020
Like seriously

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by gift2xl: 7:30am On Jul 19, 2020
No sense... I hope most of them will not use it against there husband's. Examples, My husband's has fail he's roll as a man in his house, so I beat him up cry, He cheated on me, I beat him up cry, he said our marriage is over, I beat him up cry, he refuse to perform his conjugate right, I beat him up cry. Upcoming news.

6 Likes

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by mujibson(m): 7:30am On Jul 19, 2020
Who else sees this as a sheer waste of time. Would Osun ladies I know be diligent enough to master the art? The time, drive, willingness and all? Well, it is well.

By the way, while some are joyful about making FTC. Here I am, happy to see my comment in the first page of a front page post for the first time ever.

Such is life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by ForeThinker: 7:30am On Jul 19, 2020
undecided
Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by YenYo: 7:31am On Jul 19, 2020
undecided hmmm

O ye rapists be warned.

1 Like

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by chrisxxx(m): 7:31am On Jul 19, 2020
Stupidity!

1 Like

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by Itohanprefa: 7:31am On Jul 19, 2020
WTF!!, Wonders shall never end in Afonjo land

7 Likes

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by ZACHIE: 7:31am On Jul 19, 2020
Who cursed us with odensen leaders like these ones in Osun State?
Who?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by Mrshape: 7:32am On Jul 19, 2020
They should be careful of the trainer

2 Likes

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by XXLMANDIGO: 7:32am On Jul 19, 2020
One of the legacies of Aregberascal tongue

1 Like

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by sagna112(m): 7:32am On Jul 19, 2020
I'm an 18th degree black belter
Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by Bluffly: 7:33am On Jul 19, 2020
Amotolongbo:
I wonder o

These Eko people bringing alien tactics to our state for problem solving.

Why martial arts, when we have “ofe”, “aluwo”, “tude”, “ewon sonpono”, “ibante”, “okigbe”, “paro lo”, “ijaya” et al which are indigenous to us?
There is even one than when a woman has it, no man will have his prick erect if he intends sleeping with her. This is meant to be produced in large quantity.
But the problem I have with this is that, “Babalawo ti o n se ogun afeeri fun aayan na ni o se arinako fun adiye” (the traditionalist giving the cockroach a concealable charm may also be the one giving the fowl the seekable charm)

What if the man is with weapons?
What if the mean are many like fulani herdsmen and robbers?

And I’m sure the major thing they will teach us using the martial arts to do is to kicked the rapists by their balls to render them powerless. What if they close up their thighs on their balls while coming for the god forsaken act?

I implore our governor, Oyetola, to reconsider that o.
It's a start. Even a man isn't safe with fellow man without fighting skills.

1 Like

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by saajus: 7:33am On Jul 19, 2020
I love this. Everybody needs to learn basic fighting skills, you never know when it's going to save you.

4 Likes

Re: Rape: Osun Begins Martial Arts Training For women by Ogegeodey(m): 7:34am On Jul 19, 2020
And when the girls become stronger than the boys, the boys become the victim?

I think the problem is more psychological than physical. Parents should talk to their boys.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Garba Shehu: No Cause For Alarm, Gen Abubakar Is In No Serious Condition / Photos From President Jonathan's Campaign Visit to Umuahia, Abia State / Jonathan Will Handover On 29 May – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.