Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. (6091 Views)

Aprilia Manganang Confirmed To Actually Be A Man After 28 Years (Pictures) / England Managers Learning How To Beat Liverpool ( Pic ) / Saudi Women Spotted In Stadium For The First Time In History(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by paulolee(m): 10:14am On Jul 19, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Continue searching, I can't teach nobody
hmmmmm....na wah o.. enjoy d sunday sha..
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by rowland545(m): 10:15am On Jul 19, 2020
Black men can't swim...I can't swim I don't want to swim.... But I can stay and watch those prity girls on bikini swimming... Its a wonderful site to behold....

But I ain't going in
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Blackpearlous(f): 10:28am On Jul 19, 2020
rowland545:
Black men can't swim...I can't swim I don't want to swim.... But I can stay and watch those prity girls on bikini swimming... Its a wonderful site to behold....

But I ain't going in

Lazy black man.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Blackpearlous(f): 10:28am On Jul 19, 2020
paulolee:

hmmmmm....na wah o.. enjoy d sunday sha..
grin
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by SweetBuns(f): 10:39am On Jul 19, 2020
matrix199:
2006 was the worst day of my life. I almost drowned in Takwa Bay beach. I was lured to the water to learn how to swim. At first i was afloat in the water, next thing a wave flowed in and swept me into deeper water. I was built then, using my strength and all to fight my way to stay afloat was futile. I sank deep and could see flashes of summary of life. It was all over for me. But then, i felt a hand reach out to me(life guard). He pulled me up. I came back to life, swam to shore, had drunk so much water in my stomach and lungs, i couldn't breathe. I had to run from that part of the beach to a far distance just to expel the water in my lungs. I kept running like death was chasing me.

Well, ever since, i have been aquaphobic. I learnt a lesson that day.

[img]https:///media/1-13-2018/SE31db.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by youngking22(m): 10:42am On Jul 19, 2020
My uncle made me learn how too swim. He will say every animal on earth can swim, why can't you swim? Now am kind of a pro can stay longer underwater, glide. It's a very good exercise especially for boxers. Another thing I hate is the way guys misbehave when ever they see girls that can't swim, they behave like hyenas chasing girls up and down. Op you are absolutely right, "don't ever fight water". Another thing learn the flaps with the legs power of swimming is in the legs. Asante Sala.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by tmann626(m): 10:49am On Jul 19, 2020
Blackpearlous:

grin
. I'm glad you know how to swim. Let me just give u an hint. The most important technique to know when swimming is that you must push the water to the opposite direction of where you are going for example. If you are moving forward you must push the water backward and make sure you always lock your fingers when you are doing that so that the water won't escape.
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Blackpearlous(f): 10:50am On Jul 19, 2020
tmann626:
. I'm glad you know how to swim. Let me just give u an hint. The most important technique to know when swimming is that you must push the water to the opposite direction of where you are going for example. If you are moving forward you must push the water backward and make sure you always lock your fingers when you are doing that so that the water won't escape.

Yes sir
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Blackpearlous(f): 10:50am On Jul 19, 2020
youngking22:
My uncle made me learn how too swim. He will say every animal on earth can swim, why can't you swim? Now am kind of a pro can stay longer underwater, glide. It's a very good exercise especially for boxers. Another thing I hate is the way guys misbehave when ever they see girls that can't swim, they behave like hyenas chasing girls up and down. Op you are absolutely right, "don't ever fight water". Another thing learn the flaps with the legs power of swimming is in the legs. Asante Sala.

Thanku.
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Fidelismaria: 10:54am On Jul 19, 2020

na experience OP talk say make dem share ooo and they're all busy shouting "come and teach me na" "come and teach me na" like their life depends on it

Na serious wa for some guys

nonsense

them no dey use eye see woman

1 Like

Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 19, 2020
I went to the pool 3 times a week for 3 months and still can’t float in water, I just gave up sha.

Maybe swimming isn’t for me.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by matrix199(m): 11:00am On Jul 19, 2020
That's like saying Eve shouldn't have lured Adam to eating the apple. They were sugar mummies embarassed

I was younger then though. I'll eventually devote time to learn how to swim in a shallow pool though.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by rowland545(m): 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Lazy black man.
lolz

1 Like

Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Vyzz: 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
This is how we get stereotyped.....

In the voice of Mr Nancy....

*Take swimming lessons*
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Vyzz: 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
This
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Blackpearlous(f): 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
SonOfAfonja:
I went to the pool 3 times a week for 3 months and still can’t float in water, I just gave up sha.

Maybe swimming isn’t for me.

Are you serious, if you get a good teacher you can actually
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Blackpearlous(f): 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
Fidelismaria:

na experience OP talk say make dem share ooo and they're all busy shouting "come and teach me na" "come and teach me na" like their life depends on it

Na serious wa for some guys

nonsense

them no dey use eye see woman

Kikikiki..
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Are you serious, if you get a good teacher you can actually

I doubt it’s the teachers fault, because so many girls and guys came after me and swam well...

For me, I do everything fine. Infact I can hold my breath under water for long periods, but float....mbah!
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Blackpearlous(f): 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
SonOfAfonja:

I doubt it’s the teachers fault, because so many girls and guys came after me and swam well...

For me, I do everything fine. Infact I can hold my breath under water for long periods, but float....mbah!

I bet it's the teacher and your fears.

Like your fears is stopping you from recieving teachings smiley
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Yxxx: 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
matrix199:
Why would you use a sea on your first attempt?
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Kvvngkhalifa202(m): 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Hell no....nope ....nahhhh

I don't go close to water
I hate anything water bodies like river
Including man made water bodies like swimming pool

Na river and sea i hate pass.....very irritating and scaring...forget real niggarrr matter...me nor dey go near there....

A female friend invited me to her wedding in one ijaw land in Edo state around those gelegele side.and na boat them take dey cross enter their village....I just tell am quickly say i nor go fit come.. last last i go find her small thing probably transfer like 5 thousand enter her account....
Real niggarrr

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by matrix199(m): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
Yxxx:

Why would you use a sea on your first attempt?

Well, i didn't intend learning in a beach. I was invited to the beach by three Eves. These Eves lured me to swim with them in the shallow part of the water(just by the shore). The sight of their body in bikini was irresistible. That was how the seagulls tempted the ostrich to swim in the sea
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by sammyesx: 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
I was guilty of ur second tip the first time I went to a pool, mehn I think say na by gra gra

I was literally fighting the water until I had muscle pull, then I came out, took a sit and was

Watching. I saw a girl swimming so effortlessly, I kept observing her,, then I went back into

The pool. I con dey do am small small, naso I take Sabi swim.
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Yxxx: 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
matrix199:

Well, i didn't intend learning in a beach. I was invited to the beach by three Eves. These Eves lured me to swim with them in the shallow part of the water(just by the shore). The sight of their body in bikini was irresistible. That was how the seagulls tempted the ostrich to swim in the sea

Lol...make woman no kill you. Stay safe.
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by PeacenLove2: 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
Blackpearlous:

If he can't float, it means he is still fighting the water. He doesn't trust the water cheesy. He needs to learn to relax. E too dey stiff body grin
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Blackpearlous(f): 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
PeacenLove2:

If he can't float, it means he is still fighting the water. He doesn't trust the water cheesy. He needs to learn to relax. E too dey stiff body grin

grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Chrs1996(m): 10:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
I Could recall an occurrence that happened 8-9 years ago at a tributary of the imo river in my hometown,came back for Christmas and had to join my relatives to as we normally put it ''e chu imo'' in ibo language,my first time of been close to a water body that big and was so excited,well my excitement didn't have to last for long,because I went in to the supposedly shallow areas trying to practice what I have seen so far from the others,a little distance from the others,I kept on walking in the water till i got into a deeper area which happened to be very slippery,every thing happened in a flash I saw my body frantically trying to save itself for 25 secs (if not more)which some how felt like ages,took a lot of water in and i didn't even try to call for help,i eventually I was able to get a foothold,no one knew wat happened,am grateful till this day to Jesus.This is a memory I though I have forgotten not till I read this post,ever since then I have this ill feeling about large water bodies(not fear). I still fancy learning how to swim one day,u never can tell when u might need it smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
Blackpearlous:

What’s is this “fear” sef? I tried learning in a 4ft swimming pool...at least I no dey fear say I go drown inside that one...
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2020
PeacenLove2:

Lmao, the thing tire me o my broda. Na Wetin I dey hear every time be this, “You’re making your body too stiff”, you’re fighting the water, be relaxed, blah blah blah! ...the last time sef I tried all my relaxation skills and I was sitting comfortably at the bottom of the pool, with my hand on my chin...grin
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by Blackpearlous(f): 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
SonOfAfonja:

What’s is this “fear” sef? I tried learning in a 4ft swimming pool...at least I no dey fear say I go drown inside that one...

Then sir, your case is different
Re: My Experience Learning How To Actually Swim The First Time. by KULESTGee24(m): 2:58pm On Jul 20, 2020
My first experience was hell, I was just passing by the river when I saw some dudes just standing(I thought) in the water chattering, that was how I foolishly jumped in with a mindset that the water can't go passed my chest, na so I just de sink like big stone, water wey fit de like 25 feet deep..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Incredible World Records Of Cristiano Ronaldo / Nigeria Defeats Congo 79-46 In Afrobasket. Will Face Mali In Semi Final. / Prayer Thread For Super Eagles Victory Against Burkina Faso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.