Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

The Misunderstanding Of Bishop Oyedepo's Tweet On Tithing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Misunderstanding Of Bishop Oyedepo's Tweet On Tithing (912 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Apostle Suleman On Tithing (Free The Sheeple) / Apostle Suleman Replies Daddy Freeze on Tithing Controversy / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Misunderstanding Of Bishop Oyedepo's Tweet On Tithing by Dotherightthing: 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
It is not about what Tthe Bishop said, it is about what Tthe Bible says! The Sservant of God only echoed what the Bible said..

Malachi 3:8-9
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

The Ffact like I always say is that Ttithing should not be your problem if you are not Ssaved or you are yet to Aaccept JESUS CHRIST.

Proverb 15:8a
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD:

Isaiah 1:11-15
11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

Jeremiah 6:20
To what purpose cometh there to me incense from Sheba, and the sweet cane from a far country? your burnt offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet unto me.

What is more important is your Ssoul! Tithing is not a Rrequisite for Ssalvation. If you like tithe billions and whatever, it does not give you salvation.

A Mman/ Wwoman who claims to be Ssaved and Cconciously Rrefuses to pay Ttithe Mmay have hindered himself/ herself from Heaven...

For the Ssinner, Ssort yourself out with JESUS ! Leave Ttithing alone!

For Tthe Ssaved, Oobey God's Word!

21. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
Re: The Misunderstanding Of Bishop Oyedepo's Tweet On Tithing by Askme2020(m): 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
Tuska:

Why would Jesus collect tithe? Was he a priest?
What is the word Christian means?
Re: The Misunderstanding Of Bishop Oyedepo's Tweet On Tithing by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
PRE4:
In the book of Malachi 3:9-11.God himself commanded that we pay our tithe.
But the preaching of prosperity and money in the church is an eyesore and God have not Sent these people to preach about tithe and money all the time.
Why do men of God leave what God have asked them to do and started preaching about money,tithe and prosperity.These people have turned the church to a business centre.
But beloved we are not in position to judge these men of God instead let us pray for them,God is the only person that will judge them not you and I so that we wont be judged

Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspect you have obeyed in your years as a tither

Leviticus 27 vs 30-34 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
31. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of you.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25. The Lord said to Moses,
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God
will bless you in everything you do.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 - 15 ERV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."
Re: The Misunderstanding Of Bishop Oyedepo's Tweet On Tithing by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
It is not about what The Bishop said, it is about what The Bible says! The Servant of God only echoed what the Bible said..

Malachi 3:8-9
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

The Fact like I always say is that Tithing should not be your problem if you are not Saved or you are yet to Accept JESUS CHRIST.

Proverb 15:8a
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD:

Isaiah 1:11-15
11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

Jeremiah 6:20
To what purpose cometh there to me incense from Sheba, and the sweet cane from a far country? your burnt offerings are not acceptable, nor your sacrifices sweet unto me.

What is more important is your Soul! Tithing is not a Requisite for Salvation. If you like tithe billions and whatever, it does not give you salvation.

A Man/ Woman who claims to be Saved and Conciously Refuses to pay Tithe May have hindered himself/ herself from Heaven...

For the Sinner, Sort yourself out with JESUS ! Leave Tithing alone!

For The Saved, Obey God's Word!

Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspect you have obeyed in your years as a tither

30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."
Re: The Misunderstanding Of Bishop Oyedepo's Tweet On Tithing by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Over the week, Bishop David Oyedepo sparked controversy on social media after he said that tweeted about tithing. This led many people like Daddy Freeze and other Nigerians to react by giving their own opinion on what tithing is.

Oyedepo had tweeted:

What Oyedepo said is totally right (even though I don't like him and know he's fake). It is only applicable to people who are saved and children of God. No fake Christians or unbelievers.

Yes, tithing is a covenant. Also, you can't proper and acquire wealth without tithing, that's if you are a child of God and saved. If you are not a child of God, then the message is not for you. You can go acquire wealth and prosperity through dubious and corrupt means; people do, Hushpuppi did.

Are you under a financial curse when you don't pay your tithe? Yes, if you are a child of God. Why is that so? Because you are robbing God. You are spending what belongs to him which exposes you to the devourer.

Now, let's examine how Daddy Freeze responded to Oyedepo's tweet.

Daddy Freeze tweeted:

It is stupid comparing the unbelievers to Christians. Will all know how these billionaires came about their wealth. Even at that, none of them have been able to attain as much as King Solomon who tithed.

Kindly note that it is foolish to tithe in the name of wanting to be wealthy and prosperous. Tithing is giving to God what belongs to him. He only blesses you for your obedience and does more by keeping you away from harm's way i.e the devourer. God has already assured you of prosperity, but not tithing out of it cannot send you back to being poor.

But how come the wicked people are wealthier than Christians? Don't be envious of them. Such mindset reminds me of Asaph in the book of Psalms. Read how he became envious of the wicked, their riches and the peace they enjoyed.

Psalm 73:3
E For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 For there are no bands in their death: but their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men; neither are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride compasseth them about as a chain; violence covereth them as a garment.
7 Their eyes stand out with fatness: they have more than heart could wish.
8 They are corrupt, and speak wickedly concerning oppression: they speak loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens, and their tongue walketh through the earth.

He went on to lamented that he was just living a clean life in vain. Isn't that the same way youths of today say "school na scam" because internet fraudsters are now celebrated? He lamented until he saw what their end will be. Isn't that similar to how Hushpuppi was celebrated to the point that righteous and hard-working guys almost looked stupid. But look at his end today.

Psalm 73:12-19
12 Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
13 Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.
14 For all the day long have I been plagued, and chastened every morning.
15 If I say, I will speak thus; behold, I should offend against the generation of thy children.
16 When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me;
17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.
18 Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.
19 How are they brought into desolation, as in a moment! they are utterly consumed with terrors.

Let's address one more thing Daddy Freeze said which is wrong.

He said,

Who told him Jesus Christ didn't collect tithe? Perhaps, he's expecting to see a verse clearly stating such. Since there is no clear statement in that in the Bible, we can as well conclude that Jesus never took his bath or go to the toilet since there is no verse on that as well.

Saying Jesus didn't collect tithe is the same as saying he's a liar when he said:

John 16:15 KJV
15 All things that the Father hath are mine:

Everything that belongs to God also belongs to Jesus including tithe. While he was on Earth, the tithe being paid at the temple belonged to him same way it belonged to him while he was in heaven and even now.

Nowhere did he abolish tithing. He had the opportunity twice to do so but instead he upheld it.

So, what Oyedepo said is totally right and only meant for saved Christians, not for unbelievers.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV

have.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
Re: The Misunderstanding Of Bishop Oyedepo's Tweet On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 7:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Sir, You need Understanding of the Word of God..

Prayerfully read your Bible

Take your own advice first....Christ covenant nullified the old covenant. This is just the ABC of bible study. If you don't know this basic, the reason you quote scriptures from old to mix with new etc...you come out confused and being religious instead of being Christocentric
Re: The Misunderstanding Of Bishop Oyedepo's Tweet On Tithing by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

Bro you choose to separate yourself from the Covenant? Good for you sir!

I am Full part and Product of the Covenant of God via Abramham, Isaac and Isreal..

Very fine......

Pack out and go to Israel

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Thread For Traditional Believers / Jesus Saved Me , He Can Save You Too / If You Could Ask God One Question, What Will It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.