Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission (16029 Views)

South-East Development Commission Bill: Igbos No Longer Marginalized - Akpabio / Buhari Swears In Board Members Of North-East Development Commission (Photos) / Senate Passes South-East Development Commission Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission by Johnandv: 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
Rolexjerry:
Why are we trying to defeat the objectives of development commissions?
Development commissions should only be for regions that are contributing substantially to the economy of the Federal Government.
What is the South-East contributing?
The North-East now have a commission of their own now, what are they contributing?
Very soon, every region will want and possibly get a development commission. Is that fair to the South-south?

You are very stupid.
IMO still boast of having the highest quantity of natural gas in Nigeria and you are asking what SE contributes. What is Edo and Cross River contributing??
What is South West contributing? You can't say they are contributing because of Lagos cos Lagos is a "federal state" and cosmopolitan.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission by Johnandv: 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:

Northerners would NEVER agree.

They are more numerous in the chambers.

Dead On Arrival (DOA)

If only yeebos know how they hate them... they would know SW are angels compared to them.
If only SW know how much the Bayelsans and SS love them they wouldn't ditch Jonathan for a Northerner ..

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission by Johnandv: 5:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
Tolase1999:

I don't need to tell you how 9ja politics is reps frm other region will pass the bill and you think they won't propose their's in return, meanwhile all region is collecting allocation frm FG. talking about civil war, what happen to 3R's maybe u should ask the south east leader, and on what bases make SE vulnerable than other region.
Please all regions both big and small have tasted FCT but not South East. All rail lines and terminals, non in South East. The Federal roads are never like other regions. No Federal Government built Airports like other regions. No Federal Parastatal Head quarters like other regions. Even the commerce we do we have asked for rejuvenation of Calabar seaport or Onne one in Rivers State because of its proximity to South East non has been done yet. My guy stopped poo talking rubbish or I'll curse you.
Re: Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission by Johnandv: 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2020
flokii:
South West contributes most (over 65%) of Federal revenue. We need SWDC to develop our lands and cushion the economic challenges faced in Yorubaland being the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria.

Stop taking money made from SW to develop regions that contribute nothing for government.

Shut up there is nothing SW is contributing expect of course Lagos State. Stop talking nonsense, if it was not for Lagos State I wonder what a neighbouring Ogun state could have looked like today.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission by HIPROFILE(m): 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
Another political tactics to calm the region as 2023 approaches

Our way of politics has kept the country on a wheelchair

My personal and what i call radical reasoning of nigeria on world politics with regards their international borrowing spree is this:

Nigerian Politicians believe that they will keep borrowing as much as they can and also keep romancing the debt maintenance pending someday when the world countries will come as one and under one currency at this time they believe all debtors shall be pardoned since it will be a one world order.

I think so because the way we borrow does not seem there is a payback plans at sight.

This Government in particular has borrowed two times more than previous Governments since the rule of democracy in Nigeria.
Re: Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission by oyekan1997(m): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
Lolsss... This country is a fucking joke Dammit!
Re: Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission by Onlinesmart: 9:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
Wuuworld:
This is a welcome develop at the wrong time.
At this juncture, all we need is the sun to shine again!!!.
Biafra or Nothing!.
We are Sons and Daughters of light!.
Umu Chineke
Which biafra again? You never hear say biafra has been declared independent online with Kanu as the WhatsApp admin.
Re: Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
donbachi:
Reparation should come first...anyways,make dem swear amadioha before dem enter office..to avoid akpabio's kind...nice move all the same.
I tell you. The framework must not be like the NDDC. We must incorporate Amadioha and communal leadership into this one, else the politicians would hijack it.
Re: Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission by nwachinemel(m): 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
As a Nigerian from SE, am I supposed to be excited about this news so many destruction from the civil War with a little of federal projects to show for it and currently when President Buhari has already Sworn In Board Members Of North-East Development Commission.

This One-Nigeria sef, who's fooling the other !
Re: Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission by Rolexjerry(m): 6:15am On Jul 20, 2020
Johnandv:

You are very stupid.
IMO still boast of having the highest quantity of natural gas in Nigeria and you are asking what SE contributes. What is Edo and Cross River contributing??
What is South West contributing? You can't say they are contributing because of Lagos cos Lagos is a "federal state" and cosmopolitan.
Yes said I was stupid but u are beyond stupid. Gases are produced in oil fields and refineries where petroleum is fractionally distilled. Which other refineries does Imo State have apart from Waltersmith which derives its input from the south-south, can u compare the number of oil fields in any South-south state to that of Imo?
Is natural gas a major source of Nigeria's revenue?
Do u even know that most of the natural gas produced in Nigerian refineries is flared as Nigeria is yet to truly tap into its potential?
The major source of Nigeria's revenue is petroleum and Nigeria exports about 2.5 million barrels per day. Akwa Ibom alone contributes over 500,000 barrels per day. How many does Imo contribute? A meagre 17,000.
Sometimes its better to keep shut if u are not intelligent enough to take part in an argument.

1 Like

Re: Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission by Hunchogee: 6:52am On Jul 20, 2020
Rolexjerry:

Yes said I was stupid but u are beyond stupid. Gases are produced in oil fields and refineries where petroleum is fractionally distilled. Which other refineries does Imo State have apart from Waltersmith which derives its input from the south-south, can u compare the number of oil fields in any South-south state to that of Imo?
Is natural gas a major source of Nigeria's revenue?
Do u even know that most of the natural gas produced in Nigerian refineries is flared as Nigeria is yet to truly tap into its potential?
The major source of Nigeria's revenue is petroleum and Nigeria exports about 2.5 million barrels per day. Akwa Ibom alone contributes over 500,000 barrels per day. How many does Imo contribute? A meagre 17,000.
Sometimes its better to keep shut if u are not intelligent enough to take part in an argument.
Spot on
Re: Reps Move To Develop South East Development Commission by Tolase1999(m): 7:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
Johnandv:

Please all regions both big and small have tasted FCT but not South East. All rail lines and terminals, non in South East. The Federal roads are never like other regions. No Federal Government built Airports like other regions. No Federal Parastatal Head quarters like other regions. Even the commerce we do we have asked for rejuvenation of Calabar seaport or Onne one in Rivers State because of its proximity to South East non has been done yet. My guy stopped poo talking rubbish or I'll curse you.
Abeg dnt curse me guy but do you think development commision will solve all this aforementioned problem just look at the case of NDDC and all the benefit you mentioned are also been enjoyed by south east people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdullahi Sule: 2023 Is Between PDP & APC; LP/NNPP Don't Have National Spread / Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content / Revealed : The Biological Mother Of President Jonathans’ Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.