Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Am I Not Also Beautiful? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Not Also Beautiful? (1724 Views)

Am I Not Sexy Enof?...(+18 Pix) Advice In Needed! / Should I Or Should I Not Tell Him? / Why Am I Not Allowed To Cheat On My Husband?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Not Also Beautiful? by bala3: 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2011
i have a close friend and we go to places together. however what i noticed is that whenever we go to places, people always compliment her beauty and never mine. i know that i am not ugly. i am quite beautiful but its like shes more beautiful than me. shes light skinned and i am dark skinned. does it mean that light skinned girls are more beautiful than dark skinned girls because i dont understand why she always gets all the attention when we are together. when i am alone, people compliment my looks. should i continue going out with her? it is affecting my self esteem. and are light skinned girls more beautiful than dark skinned girls?
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by obowunmi(m): 9:43pm On Feb 06, 2011
***yawns*** attention seeker, 4 new threads and counting.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by Mygoldie(f): 9:44pm On Feb 06, 2011
'whistling'
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by Dsense(m): 9:45pm On Feb 06, 2011
***Coughing**
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by born2boink(m): 9:45pm On Feb 06, 2011
light skin girl shown light while Dark skin girl shown darkness,thats why people see light than darkness
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by Pweety4me(f): 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2011
Talk to ur friend.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by Mygoldie(f): 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2011
''eats popcorn''
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by bala3: 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2011
i am not an attention seeker, a lot has been on my mind for some time now, and i decided to unburden my feelings on nairaland.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by obowunmi(m): 9:48pm On Feb 06, 2011
Ure a lesbian, attracted to your best friend, insecure little gyal. Welcome to NL.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by seedord247(m): 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2011
Laughing in Haitian
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by Mygoldie(f): 9:50pm On Feb 06, 2011
Speaking in tongue.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by koolchicco: 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2011
@OP

Talk to the hand!
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 06, 2011
You don't sound confident around your friend. Maybe if you exude more self-confidence, people will find you just as attractive. Looks isn't only about hair, skin complexion, makeup, etc. It's also about how you carry yourself. If you feel inferior and people see that you feel inferior, chances are they'll treat you that way.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by r231(m): 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2011
kill your friend grin grin
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 06, 2011
Wasn't there already a "Why are girls jealous of themselves" thread around here?

Guys deal with this with a lot more maturity and understanding.
It's like girls don't really know how to [b]accept [/b]that "ok this chick is finer than me".

Is "beauty" all you strive to offer? How about you quit trying to 1-up your friend in the beauty department (because she obviously wins on that one) and [b]train [/b]other attractive social skills. Like a great light-up-the-room smile, or being funny (which I find not a lot of girls are).

I swear some women just feel all they have to do in this life is wear the most layers of make-up and feel this should be all that is socially required of them to know how to do.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 06, 2011
2buff:

Wasn't there already a "Why are girls jealous of themselves" thread around here?

Guys deal with this with a lot more maturity and understanding.
It's like girls don't really know how to [b]accept [/b]that "ok this chick is finer than me".

Is "beauty" all you strive to offer? How about you quit trying to 1-up your friend in the beauty department (because she obviously wins on that one) and [b]train [/b]other attractive social skills. Like a great light-up-the-room smile, or being funny (which I find not a lot of girls are).

I swear some women just feel all they have to do in this life is wear the most layers of make-up and feel this should be all that is socially required of them to know how to do.

There's your answer OP cool
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by bala3: 10:43pm On Feb 06, 2011
i am not doing a competition with her. i dont know if she is finer than me or not, i am just wondering why she gets all the attention when we are together.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by r231(m): 10:48pm On Feb 06, 2011
post a picture lets see

dat way we can judge
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by Cadaver(m): 2:19am On Feb 07, 2011
From ur post, I can only draw one logical conclusion: YOU ARE THE ANTICHRIST! Cuz ur black and black stands for darkness, shz fair and fair, stands for light(I guess). Check urself and ul see d devil in you. Mark my words, Jesus will overcome u!
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by MrCork17: 2:27am On Feb 07, 2011
bala3:

i have a close friend and we go to places together. however what i noticed is that whenever we go to places, people always compliment her beauty and never mine. i know that i am not ugly. i am quite beautiful but its like shes more beautiful than me. shes light skinned and i am dark skinned. does it mean that light skinned girls are more beautiful than dark skinned girls because i dont understand why she always gets all the attention when we are together. when i am alone, people compliment my looks. should i continue going out with her? it is affecting my self esteem. and are light skinned girls more beautiful than dark skinned girls?

Sweery u have nothin to worry about. 190 iz ugly but he never complains! wink
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by shotster50(m): 6:53am On Feb 07, 2011
Go see a therapist asap.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 07, 2011
i understand your situation @ poster.

dont let it affect your self-esteem or your relationship with your friend.

go out separately on occasion.

the men complimenting her dont necessarily have anything good in store for her, so she should actually be wary of many of them.

besides, light skinned people stand out more, so it's only natural for them to be noticed more.

nothing new.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by MzGreat(f): 7:20am On Feb 07, 2011
@op, I am dark pretty skinned nd over fine dey worry me too much
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by googles: 10:53am On Feb 07, 2011
jolosy jolosy. . . .I hope you wont sprinkle acid on your fwend's face when it gets to a point sef cheesy

just love and accept yourself as you are, no point fighting or struggling for compliments {to think the boys are only deceiving your friend sef tongue}

and if going out with your friend shatters your already shattered self-esteem, den hang around an uglier girl or walk alone for pete sakes angry

one last thing. . . errrm seek less attention trust me, it pays wink
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by Atreides(f): 12:06pm On Feb 07, 2011
googles:

jolosy jolosy. . . .I hope you wont sprinkle acid on your fwend's face when it gets to a point sef cheesy

just love and accept yourself as you are, no point fighting or struggling for compliments {to think the boys are only deceiving your friend sef tongue}

and if going out with your friend shatters your already shattered self-esteem, den hang around an uglier girl or walk alone for pete sakes angry

one last thing. . . errrm seek less attention trust me, it pays wink
DEATH!!!!!
grin grin grin
@Op,i think you have self-esteem issues.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by MMM2(m): 12:12pm On Feb 07, 2011
start using bleaching soap and cream.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2011
I have a friend who feels exactly like you. She is petite,light skinned and shapely.She also has an ok face in my personal opinion she has a lot going for her. Enters her colleague who is tall,extremely lightskinned and thick hips ok face too.
she complains constantly that when they go out together that people only see her friend, she gets no attention whatever when her friend is around. One day they are both dolled up going for a dinner party and i noticed her confidence shrinks around her friend she just disappears and its all cos she lacks confidence.

Confidence is very attractive.I"ll advise you to cultivate it and before you know it you are blooming and can hold your own anywhere.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by mutter(f): 12:52pm On Feb 07, 2011
There are some women that men get quickly attracted to. It has nothing to do with colour.
It may also not be a compliment that men make such comments. They may just see you as being cheap.
Actually you should be fine with it, that people do not compliment you so often. Are you a dress on a clothing rack for sale.
You do not know how terrible it is when men keep trying to get under your skirts. It is so frustrating and painful. Everywhere you go, school, job, etc. All these men want is to lay you. There where times when I was younger I really wished myself to be really ugly. At a very young age men were already making advances. m
I just wanted people to see me for what I am and not my body or my looks.
Be happy with what God gave you
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by googles: 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2011
mutter:

There where times when I was younger I really wished myself to be really ugly. At a very young age men were already making advances. m
I just wanted people to see me for what I am and not my body or my looks.

In other words. . . . .you are saying you are drop dead abi ? we hear you cheesy
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by segunjowo(m): 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2011
Poster, change ur friend. grin
andromida:

I have a friend who feels exactly like you. She is petite,light skinned and shapely.She also has an ok face in my personal opinion she has a lot going for her. Enters her colleague who is tall,extremely lightskinned and thick hips ok face too.
she complains constantly that when they go out together that people only see her friend, she gets no attention whatever when her friend is around. One day they are both dolled up going for a dinner party and i noticed her confidence shrinks around her friend she just disappears and its all cos she lacks confidence.

Confidence is very attractive.I"ll advise you to cultivate it and before you know it you are blooming and can hold your own anywhere.
Copy that
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by omega25red(m): 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2011
poster you have to be able to hold your own and be confident like someone mentioned here. Men generally like a confident woman who is comfortable with herself. a woman who walks in a room and lights up the place. Mostly creeps like a woman who shrinks when she is around other women because they know she is vulnerable and they can easily play on her insecurities.
Re: Am I Not Also Beautiful? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2011
@ 2buff
 I'm getting to like you and your comments.
@ poster
 2buff has said it all , you have a lot more to offer than beauty and trust me those won't easily erode

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Refuse To Buy Me A Wedding Ring, Please Help! / Beware Of Girls / I Wish Kim Kardashian Can Marry Me And Divorce Me After 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.