Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Where To Get A ".ng" Domain? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Where To Get A ".ng" Domain? (1206 Views)

How Long Does It Take To Register .edu.ng Domain / Free .com.ng Domain Name Offer! / How To Get a .NG Domain Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Get A ".ng" Domain? by chartreuse: 11:44am On Feb 07, 2011
I recently discovered that Microsoft registered "bi.ng", I looked in further, and discovered that companies registered in Nigeria are permitted the TLD, but those without have to have a ccTLD (i.e., com.ng) -- How do I go about getting a ".ng", I have a registered company, etc.

Thanks.
Re: Where To Get A ".ng" Domain? by Afam4eva(m): 1:02pm On Feb 07, 2011
Go to web4africa. Then you can get the hosting from http://www.internetvisa.net
Re: Where To Get A ".ng" Domain? by lagoshost(m): 12:51am On Feb 09, 2011
chartreuse:

I recently discovered that Microsoft registered "bi.ng", I looked in further, and discovered that companies registered in Nigeria are permitted the TLD, but those without have to have a ccTLD (i.e., com.ng) -- How do I go about getting a ".ng", I have a registered company, etc.

Thanks.

Send the name to info at lagoshost.com , I will register it for you and you do not need to have a registered company to get that!
Re: Where To Get A ".ng" Domain? by agboifo(f): 10:25pm On Feb 13, 2011
chartreuse:

Thanks.

Hi, I don't know if the previous responders understood your question correctly.

If your question is whether you can register a second level domain such as yourname.ng just like Microsoft has done with bi.ng, then the answer is yes.
If your question (or assumption) is that it costs the same as registering on the third level, such as yourname.com.ng, then the answer is NO!

To register on the 2nd level, you have to pay Six million naira (N6,000,000) if you register before the end of February 2011.  If you register after Feb 2011, you will have to pay Seven and a half million naira (N7,500,000).  This amount gives you the domain for a first period of 5 years, after which you renew at the same rate as any other .ng domain, depending on the registrar you choose. 

Anybody, in or outside the country can register any of the "open" domains (.com.ng .org.ng .name.ng .mobi.ng) and also on the 2nd level, as long as there are not copyright restrictions on your chosen domain name.

This is a list of the accredited NiRA registrars. They can help you register the domains: either the 'normal' ones on the 3nd level or the premium ones on the 2nd level: http://nira.org.ng/index.php/registrars

For more information, send an email to the Chief Executive Office of NiRA, Mr. Sola Bickersteth at coo AT nira dot org dot ng

Hope this helps.
Re: Where To Get A ".ng" Domain? by docjuli(m): 10:51am On Nov 06, 2012
How many companies in Nigeria have .ng apart from http://www.leadership.ng/
Re: Where To Get A ".ng" Domain? by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 18, 2013
I know www.whogohost.com is quite reliable. You can also check out www.bingn..com for more information.

(1) (Reply)

Woh Are The Peeps Behind Anti Gravity? / 79million Ncc Registered Numbers Database / You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.