Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) (22288 Views)

Titan Trust Bank Completes Takeover Of Union Bank / Access Bank Plc Completes Acqusition of Transnational Bank (Kenya) Plc / Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Queenserah26(f): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
Eku role sir smiley
obajoey:
Sister Serah to fine. eku-irole
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Feraz(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2020
Pavore9, good news to you bah? grin
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2020
TheRebel:
This access bank is vexing oh. shocked

First, it was Diamond Bank Nigeria. Now this. angry
It was Marina bank, then Capital bank, then Intercontinental bank, then Diamond and now Transnational bank!!!
Hilbert issa BOSS!!!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by learner007(m): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
Good move! We need to collect all our marathon money wey their long legs don win from us. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Pavore9: 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2020
Feraz:
Pavore9, good news to you bah? grin

Na me you remember! cheesy

Would drop by one of their branches here in Nairobi tomorrow to see things for myself. Well they shouldn't come up with their Nigerian sms and card maintenance charges they are used to in Nigeria because Kenyan banks don't charge for such.
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by moorevic(m): 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
TheRebel:

intercontinental bank was the first
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by EdiskyHarry: 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2020
Access thieves
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Reference(m): 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hmm..this is troubling. There are scant advantages to the customer when banks grow larger but there are serious risks.

I must find time to research on the Kenyan bank and take appropriate action quickly if necessary.
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by kiddkash(m): 5:12pm On Jul 20, 2020
Ezeego1:

How much have you made so far?
enough to cater for myself and my family
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Hottdawgg: 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2020
Access Bank that is standing on one leg?
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by vickydevoka(m): 5:29pm On Jul 20, 2020
adeoba2008:
No wonder Access Bank has failed to reverse my #3,800 naira since 30th March 2020. I have used all available channels including complaining twice at the customer care unit in Dugbe centre but the bank still failed to refund my hard earned money.
Access bank de owe me pass 10k. I don complain tire. I don leave am for dem
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by earnit1: 5:32pm On Jul 20, 2020
oh
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Focusmind: 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
Good one! But I don't know why I couldn't continue banking with them after the Diamond bank acquisition.

I miss the Diamond bank touch of class. Had some good pals there but they all left after the acquisition and continuing banking with them doesn't sound interesting again.
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by babtoundey(m): 5:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
asatemple:
Let them continue. That's why they find it difficult to give customers interest

It's funny you are still hoping for interest from a bank that's operated to loot from customers' savings.

If you bank with Access bank and your money is not deducted needlessly, just count yourself lucky.

That bank uselessness carry weight.
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Ezeego1(m): 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2020
kiddkash:

enough to cater for myself and my family

Good.
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
Let's get your website sample done without payment and after you are well satisfied with the design you can make payment. We design Web App, Mobile App (Android & IOS) perfectly without issues in the future, Call/WhatsApp 0..8..1..0..3..9..2..7..0..5..3
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by GambaOsaka: 6:07pm On Jul 20, 2020
Useless bank. My 25k failed transaction which was debited has not been reversed going to 2 weeks.
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Skmoda360(m): 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2020
This thief thief bank
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Yemianne: 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2020
Imagine foolish man. Laod off innocent ppl earning peanuts and acquiring banks,i thought he said he laid off due to pandemic,so many ppl God will judge in heaven

Amotolongbo:
Na only to acquire another bank dem sabi.

They have to lay off about 60% of their workers and deduct some amount of their customers’ deposits to acquire the bank in Kenya.

Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by hen4ade: 6:32pm On Jul 20, 2020
That's how they refused to return my wife's 50k since on 21st of June after a failed ATM transfer. She has been to the bank 6 times and the customer care guys couldnt do anything about it if you see the fear on their faces you will be convinced there is something preventing them from returning the money, may be a standing order from ogas at the top .
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Feraz(m): 6:32pm On Jul 20, 2020
Pavore9:

Na me you remember! cheesy

Would drop by one of their branches here in Nairobi tomorrow to see things for myself. Well they shouldn't come up with their Nigerian sms and card maintenance charges they are used to in Nigeria because Kenyan banks don't charge for such.
Yeah, I do remember because you gave me tips last year August. Yeah, I'm the other person.

Make we leave am like that. grin

Reference:
Hmm..this is troubling. There are scant advantages to the customer when banks grow larger but there are serious risks.

I must find time to research on the Kenyan bank and take appropriate action quickly if necessary.
Don't you think this depends on the rules of the country where Access bank is trying to enter? I'm assuming this because of how they operate in Nigeria.
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Oblongata: 6:35pm On Jul 20, 2020
Legitz:
FCMB is the most useless bank of the year
if you try first bank for 2 days, you will go and apologize to FCMB grin
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by skukimania(f): 6:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
Now that you have achieved your aim, can you now stop deducting our money anyhow? thank you!
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Yemianne: 6:54pm On Jul 20, 2020
They laid off.i was among, they said due to pandemic

homehunters:
And they were planning to lay of workers some months back.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by SEGLIZ: 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2020
TheRebel:

first it was intercontinental bank then diamon bank now this.
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Issiijay(m): 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2020
Is Access Bank owned and managed by a Nigerian??
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by asatemple(f): 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
babtoundey:

It's funny you are still hoping for interest from a bank that's operated to loot from customers' savings.

If you bank with Access bank and your money is not deducted needlessly, just count yourself lucky.

That bank uselessness carry weight.
honestly, they disappointed me
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by Reference(m): 7:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
Feraz:
Yeah, I do remember because you gave me tips last year August. Yeah, I'm the other person.

Make we leave am like that. grin

Don't you think this depends on the rules of the country where Access bank is trying to enter? I'm assuming this because of how they operate in Nigeria.

I cannot see where size matters to the customer in a globalized, interconnected world. It may matter slightly to shareholders but time and again the biggest banks in the world have grown and shrunk.

HSBC shrunk its size recently to avoid going under and many, many more global brands over the past two decades. As long as you are the middleman in the world of international commerce, trade and industry you are hyper vulnerable to shocks and you dare not run with baggage.

I will want to know what the Kenyan Bank and the banking system and economy is all about. Until then I will be super cautious dealing with Access in the short term as a customer. I have their shares but I can afford to leave them to float.

But clients funds and customer accounts will hold for now.
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by johnnychuks(m): 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
post=91915489:
Na this one make them be wan collect our money 2weeks back under the guise of stamp duty. Nawa sha.. please come and buy your kids Educational Tablets now . So your kids can learn as they play.
. no mind them, they are legalized thief they just deduct 100 naira that was remaining in my account now for no reason!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by tehilah92(f): 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
No wonder they have been deducting from us since
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by chigoizie7(m): 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
The only way I will believe that they are strong is if they can penetrate SA market. If not, they are still a local bank.
Re: Access Bank Completes Acqusition Of Transnational Bank (Kenya) by abbiboy: 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
rastaLivity:
That’s why they were stealing from me exorbitant charges to complete their funds

Modified- Please who know how much is standard chartered bank savings account monthly interest rate? Heard they’re the best

Dependant on ur saving vis a vis withdrawal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo Traders In Bayelsa Shut Down Shops Over Attacks / Why Do Businesses Fail In Nigeria? / World Bank Suspends Isah Kantigi And His Firm For Bribery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.