Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian (474 Views)

What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? / Apostle Suleman Had Sex With Faith Edeko, My Wife - Pastor Mike Davids Petitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by delkuf(m): 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
The word of God is powerful. It is quick and work for both the physical and spiritual world. But can someone that is not a Christian apply the word with faith have the desired results. Note that I said someone that is not a Christian not someone that is not a believer.
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Jul 20, 2020
According to Oyedepo whom you worship the answer to that is no. The person in question has to come with his own faith...according to your Bishop
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Bacteriologist(m): 9:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
The word of God doesn't even always work for Christians. How much more someone who's not a Christian?

The probability that a "word of faith" works for the strongest Christian in the world (imagine there's there's a list grin) isn't any different from that of getting a head in a coin toss.

Talk less of a so-called non-christian who is hell bound? What are the odds?
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by delkuf(m): 1:24am On Jul 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
According to Oyedepo whom you worship the answer to that is no. The person in question has to come with his own faith...according to your Bishop
You are just pained. I nor know wetin they pain you for somebody life. I don't worship bishop oyedepo. I worship the one and only living God that bishop oyedepo serve. And you didn't answer the question.
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by delkuf(m): 1:30am On Jul 21, 2020
Bacteriologist:
The word of God doesn't even always work for Christians. How much more someone who's not a Christian?

The probability that a "word of faith" works for the strongest Christian in the world (imagine there's there's a list grin) isn't any different from that of getting a head in a coin toss.

Talk less of a so-called non-christian who is hell bound? What are the odds?
The word of God doesn't always work for christian, really. The only time the word of God won't work a Christian is when it is not applied with faith. The word of God works for any body. A non Christian can say the word of God into any situation and it will work for her.
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by judedwriter(m): 5:32am On Jul 21, 2020
delkuf:
The word of God is powerful. It is quick and work for both the physical and spiritual world. But can someone that is not a Christian apply the word with faith have the desired results. Note that I said someone that is not a Christian not someone that is not a believer.

The Word of God is living and active, sharper than any two edged sword.

Yes, I believe even an unbeliever can speak God's Word and still get results: Why?

“So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”
— Isaiah 55:11

No Word of God will fail to come to pass.

God's Word has enough power to fulfill itself. The most important thing is that it is spoken out.

However, it only takes a born again or regenerated spirit that can speak God's Word effectively in faith.

1 Like

Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Bacteriologist(m): 11:24am On Jul 21, 2020
delkuf:
The word of God doesn't always work for christian, really. The only time the word of God won't work a Christian is when it is not applied with faith. The word of God works for any body. A non Christian can say the word of God into any situation and it will work for her.

//The only time the word of God won't work...//

Congratulations. You just agreed with me that the word of god won't always work with a Christian.

//The word of god works for any body...//
Mmm...okay, I agree... and FAILS for any body too. If a strong Christian can't get it right all the time. You think a non-christian would? Of course not.

So again, you agree with me that this word of god thing works at the rate of CHANCE...

Like a coin flip. Being a chronic gambler or a first time player does not at all impact your chance of getting a head or a tail. So being a Christian or a "sinner" or Buddhist does not impact your chances of the word of god working for you.

1 Like

Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by delkuf(m): 10:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Please never tell me I worship bishop oyedepo. He is my pastor and mentor yes, but I worship the living God. the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. please don't tell me that again
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Aug 06, 2020
delkuf:
Please never tell me I worship bishop oyedepo. He is my pastor and mentor yes, but I worship the living God. the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ. please don't tell me that again
But that is the problem.. Because when it comes to God, He wants all of you, or nothing at all. Yes, God wants you to trust Him alone, have him and no man as your mentor, and He as your only teacher... why do you think He decided to come down in the form of man (Jesus Christ being God's avatar in our 3-D dimension)? He did that so that He and He alone be the one you listen to, obey, submit to, look up to, whose counsel you seek, depend on... etc.

Jeremiah 17 vs 5-6 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength,[a] whose heart turns away from the Lord.
6. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land.
Yep, you cannot have two masters. And when you set a man between you and God, you have chosen to have him as your master instead of God. What do you think Adam's crime was in the beginning? Adam put the snake between himself and God... believing the serpent's words over God's direct command to him, Adam.

Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Playthepianos: 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
But that is the problem.. Because when it comes to God, He wants all of you, or nothing at all. Yes, God wants you to trust Him alone, have him and no man as your mentor, and He as your only teacher... why do you think He decided to come down in the form of man (Jesus Christ being God's avatar in our 3-D dimension)? He did that so that He and He alone be the one you listen to, obey, submit to, look up to, whose counsel you seek, depend on... etc.

Yep, you cannot have two masters. And when you set a man between you and God, you have chosen to have him as your master instead of God. What do you think Adam's crime was in the beginning? Adam put the snake between himself and God... believing the serpent's words over God's command.

Kobojunkie, afa na? You know I always respect you for this your height of ignorance and this rubbish you bask in..

Lol.

You know nothing. TheaThe spirit in you simply envious of the success of Christian leaders.

I hail O.

1 Like

Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Playthepianos: 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Yep, you cannot have two masters. And when you set a man between you and God, you have chosen to have him as your master instead of God. What do you think Adam's crime was in the beginning? Adam put the snake between himself and God... believing the serpent's words over God's command.

Kobojunkie, afa na? You know I always respect you for this your height of ignorance and this rubbish you bask in..

Lol.

You know nothing. The spirit in you simply envious of the success of Christian leaders.

I hail O.
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Kobojunkie: 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
Playthepianos:
Kobojunkie, afa na? You know I always respect you for this your height of ignorance and this rubbish you bask in..Lol.
You know nothing. The spirit in you simply envious of the success of Christian leaders.
I hail O.
I don't get it! How did envy come into this now?

Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Kobojunkie: 3:56am On Aug 07, 2020
delkuf:
You are just pained. I nor know wetin they pain you for somebody life. I don't worship bishop oyedepo. I worship the one and only living God that bishop oyedepo serve. And you didn't answer the question.
How did I miss responding to this one earlier? Oh well....

The reason the curtains to the holy of holies was torn apart when Jesus died was so all men can come to God Himself, not through other men as used to be the old way(Old covenant). No, God no longer wants priests/MOGs standing in-between Him and His followers... He wants to take a hands on approach to the teaching, counseling, directing/guoiding/leading, comforting, providing, etc. of His followers. That is why He went as far as sending His word, the very word out of His own mouth, as His Son to reveal His plan of Grace(the New Covenant) and HIs Truth (His word) to His followers.

Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32. not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord.
33. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
Unfortunately, your MOGs out there missed the message, thinking that Jesus Christ only came to continue to the old guard. What they did not realize was the meaning of Jesus Christ(the new Covenant) and what the New Covenant essentially means as far as teachers of the law, MOGs and priests are concerned. They are not a part of the New Covenant at all. They are relics from the Old Covenant who don't realize they have no place in the new Covenant that is Jesus Christ.

What's worse is that many of them don't even know that there are no Men or Women of God in the Kingdom of Heaven. None... There are no men, no women, no Jews, no gentiles, no blacks or whites... there are only children of God, and Jesus Christ is the first born and head over them all. We are all equals in the kingdom of God, with Jesus as our one and only leader and Head.
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Acehart: 4:59am On Aug 07, 2020
delkuf:

Good morning. I embolden some parts of your comment, above. Please can you back up what you said - the embolden, with an extensive support from the scriptures?
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 07, 2020
delkuf:

All have sinned and fall short of God's glory {Romans 3:23} only God's spirit can help us to develop Godly qualities like FAITH {Galatians 5:22-23} since we are born in sin {Psalms 51:5} there is no way we can possess such a quality like faith because it's not accessible unless we come to know God {2Thessalonian 3:2} faith only comes after hearing God's word {Romans 10:17} So it's possible for someone to apply what is heard with faith, Jesus promised that once we do what he commanded, we will surely get the desired result because we are obeying God's only begotten son who is the only means by which we can gain access to God himself! John 14:6

But one thing should be taken seriously here, Jesus doesn't teach that we will get the desired results imperfect humans are contemplating.
That's why we need wisdom to discern exactly what should be the result of faith not what we imperfect humans want! Isaiah 55:8-9
God bless you! smiley
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by delkuf(m): 7:38am On Aug 07, 2020
Acehart:

Good morning. I embolden some parts of your comment, above. Please can you back up what you said - the embolden, with an extensive support from the scriptures?
What is require is faith. Am not in any way supporting sinners, but Even a sinner can act on the word of God with faith and receive answer. I think you have you have come across the story of the woman that came to the Lord Jesus Christ desiring that he should help her. The woman was a gentile. the Lord Jesus Christ told her that he can not give the food meant for the children to the dog and this woman with faith told the Lord Jesus Christ that even the dogs eat from the crumbs that falls down from the table. Another one is the story of the centurion that came to the Lord Jesus Christ to pray for his servant. The Lord Jesus Christ even said he has not seen such great faith in Israel. So my brother, even a non Christian that on the Bible with faith get results. But we all need to give our lives to the Lord Jesus Christ and accept him
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Acehart: 11:03am On Aug 07, 2020
delkuf:
What is require is faith. Am not in any way supporting sinners, but Even a sinner can act on the word of God with faith and receive answer. I think you have you have come across the story of the woman that came to the Lord Jesus Christ desiring that he should help her. The woman was a gentile. the Lord Jesus Christ told her that he can not give the food meant for the children to the dog and this woman with faith told the Lord Jesus Christ that even the dogs eat from the crumbs that falls down from the table. Another one is the story of the centurion that came to the Lord Jesus Christ to pray for his servant. The Lord Jesus Christ even said he has not seen such great faith in Israel. So my brother, even a non Christian that on the Bible with faith get results. But we all need to give our lives to the Lord Jesus Christ and accept him

Thanks for your response. I’ve embolden a part of your reply; I’d like to ask you this: How can a sinner, whom the scriptures describes as one to whom the word of God is foolishness, act on the word of God with faith? Can you back up your response to this with the scriptures? Thanks.
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by delkuf(m): 11:06am On Aug 07, 2020
Acehart:

Thanks for your response. I’ve embolden a part of your reply; I’d like to ask you this: How can a sinner, whom the scriptures describes as one to whom the word of God is foolishness, act on the word of God with faith? Can you back up your response to this with the scriptures? Thanks.
Didn't you read the examples I gave you from the Bible. the one I gave you is it not from the Bible
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Acehart: 11:22am On Aug 07, 2020
delkuf:
Didn't you read the examples I gave you from the Bible. the one I gave you is it not from the Bible

Please, read my question. I asked: How can a sinner like me ask in faith?
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by efficiencie(m): 11:50am On Aug 07, 2020
Faith is activated only when one hears the word or receives the revelation of the LORD and acts on it...whoever adheres to this principle can activate faith and whoever activate faith can achieve divine results...Rahab was a first class harlot but she activated faith. She perceived that the spies were no ordinary spies but were children of the very same GOD who split the red sea and she helped the spies instead of turning them in. Her action saved her and her household and she went on to be grandmother of the LORD Jesus Christ. The magicians of Pharoah did not worship the one true GOD but they could identify the miracles of Moses as the finger of GOD and they warned Pharoah to let the Israelites go. That was faith. The father-in-law of Moses was a Midian priest, a pagan, but his advice to Moses was exactly the will of the LORD GOD. That was faith. Zacheaus was an extortioner but he heard of Jesus coming around and he acted on the leading of the LORD to climb a tree to see Jesus and Jesus turned in to his house...anyone can activate faith and only those who live by daily activating faith are the sons of GOD who please GOD daily by doing His bidding!

#modified:
Hearing the word, not reading the word...this is where many get it wrong. You can read the Bible and memorize all of it and still be faithless like the Pharisees. If you cannot hear the voice of GOD in your spirit then you cannot activate faith. You must be able to perceive the leading of GOD or else you will lead a life of trial and error even if you have memorized the whole Bible.

1 Like

Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2020
efficiencie:
Faith is activated only when one hears the word or receives the revelation of the LORD and acts on it...whoever adheres to this principle can activate faith and whoever activate faith can achieve divine results...Rahab was a first class harlot but she activated faith. She perceived that the spies were no ordinary spies but were children of the very same GOD who split the red sea and she helped the spies instead of turning them in. Her action saved her and her household and she went on to be grandmother of the LORD Jesus Christ. The magicians of Pharoah did not worship the one true GOD but they could identify the miracles of Moses as the finger of GOD and they warned Pharoah to let the Israelites go. That was faith. The father-in-law of Moses was a Midian priest, a pagan, but his advice to Moses was exactly the will of the LORD GOD. That was faith. Zacheaus was an extortioner but he heard of Jesus coming around and he acted on the leading of the LORD to climb a tree to see Jesus and Jesus turned in to his house...anyone can activate faith and only those who live by daily activating faith are the sons of GOD who please GOD daily by doing His bidding!

#modified:
Hearing the word, not reading the word...this is where many get it wrong. You can read the Bible and memorize all of it and still be faithless like the Pharisees. If you cannot hear the voice of GOD in your spirit then you cannot activate faith. You must be able to perceive the leading of GOD or else you will lead a life of trial and error even if you have memorized the whole Bible.
you are right, faith comes by hearing the word.
Re: Can The Words Of God Applied With Faith Work For Someone That Is Not A Christian by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2020
efficiencie:
Faith is activated only when one hears the word or receives the revelation of the LORD and acts on it...whoever adheres to this principle can activate faith and whoever activate faith can achieve divine results...
Really?
efficiencie:
Rahab was a first class harlot but she activated faith. She perceived that the spies were no ordinary spies but were children of the very same GOD who split the red sea and she helped the spies instead of turning them in. Her action saved her and her household and she went on to be grandmother of the LORD Jesus Christ.
What word did she, Rahab, hear? And please include bible reference.
efficiencie:
The magicians of Pharoah did not worship the one true GOD but they could identify the miracles of Moses as the finger of GOD and they warned Pharoah to let the Israelites go. That was faith.
Wait a second.... what did the magicians hear then? And why do you seem to justify these magicians in this?
efficiencie:
The father-in-law of Moses was a Midian priest, a pagan, but his advice to Moses was exactly the will of the LORD GOD. That was faith.
How was it faith?
efficiencie:
Zacheaus was an extortioner but he heard of Jesus coming around and he acted on the leading of the LORD to climb a tree to see Jesus and Jesus turned in to his house...
Jesus Christ never asked Zaccheus to climb a tree though. So what 'leading' do you speak of?
efficiencie:
anyone can activate faith and only those who live by daily activating faith are the sons of GOD who please GOD daily by doing His bidding!
Activate faith? in what way? You haven't said what one hears in order to activate said faith...matter of fact, there is no evidence of any hearing in most of the examples you have given so far, let alone any sign that faith was in fact involved.
efficiencie:
#modified:
The bible/scriptures did not exist to most all of those in the examples you gave, so what again did they hear? Perceive the leading of God?

(1) (Reply)

Do You Think God Is Mad With Those You Assume As Enemies / I Know When Jesus Is Going To Return / God Mandated Me To Deliver This Message To General Overseer Of Mountain Of Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.