Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,248 members, 7,811,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? (5949 Views)

Nigeria Is 2nd Most Prayerful Country On Earth / You Can Be Fasting And Be Prayerful & Still Die Of Hunger - Rev. Mike Okoh / 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Smartguyboy(m): 5:48am On Mar 26, 2023
Just thinking out loud
Can our faith work without being prayerful?

If you don’t pray what will happen to you and it will stop you from progressing in life ?
What of richmen who don’t go to church or atheist but doing well in life .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by PieceOfPeace: 6:06am On Mar 26, 2023
Dey pray.
Just dey pray- without ceasing.

12 Likes

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Nebes: 7:20am On Mar 26, 2023
Smartguyboy:
Just thinking out loud

If you don’t pray what will happen to you and it will stop you from progressing in life ?

NO.
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Smartguyboy(m): 8:13am On Mar 26, 2023
Nebes:

NO.

Elon Musk Us an atheist

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Nebes: 8:28am On Mar 26, 2023
Smartguyboy:

Elon Musk Us an atheist

All you see, hear and read is not all there is.
It takes a lot of faith to do what Elon Musk does. The question is faith in what or who?

Whatever the answer to the above question is requires maintenance. That maintenance becomes a form of prayer.

I am not speaking for Christianity. All I'm saying is that even atheism requires a lot faith to believe in nothing.

10 Likes

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by immortalmortal: 8:46am On Mar 26, 2023
Yes... What is faith? Faith is the substance of things *HOPED* for (not prayed for) and the evidence of things not seen.

6 Likes

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by HydraFeeds(m): 8:46am On Mar 26, 2023
If you work and pray ,you will succeed.

If you pray without working ,you will fail .

If you work without praying ,you will succeed.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by ReacherSaidNoth: 8:46am On Mar 26, 2023
Nebes:

It takes a lot of faith to do what Elon Musk does. The question is faith in what or who?

Whatever the answer to the above question is requires maintenance. That maintenance becomes a form of prayer.

I am not speaking for Christianity. All I'm saying is that even atheism requires a lot faith to believe in nothing.
Stop talking nonsense abeg undecided
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by immortalmortal: 8:47am On Mar 26, 2023
Nebes:

He doesn't pray... He works... And faith without works(not prayers) is dead
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by MrPresident1: 8:47am On Mar 26, 2023
Smartguyboy:
Just thinking out loud

Faith and prayer are not exclusive. You pray in faith. You act in faith

3 Likes

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by KomonSense: 8:48am On Mar 26, 2023
Faith needs serious maintenance...

You must believe in something.

Elon Musk is an atheist and strongly believes in something he has faith in and secretly worships it...

This is applicable to so many other rich men in the world.

Faith without good works ( including prayers) is dead
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by stunnert(m): 8:49am On Mar 26, 2023
Prayer and mountain moving faith without hard work is useless and the 'K' in a knife
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by ogedanny: 8:50am On Mar 26, 2023
There is a principle that works for both believers and unbelievers... And that is working and getting reward for your labour.

Must you be a believer before you earn salary?

No.

What makes Faith effective is Work and not Prayer.

That's why the Bible said, Faith without Work is Dead.

The Bible didn't say Faith without Prayer is Dead.

Unbelievers have more money because they Work more and have seen to add more value to our daily living than Believers.

How many believers own Electric cars?

How many believers own Multinationals?

Our only advantage is that Prayer which helps us connect to God for directions

2 Likes

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by KomonSense: 8:52am On Mar 26, 2023
ogedanny:
There is a principle that works for both believers and unbelievers... And that is working and getting reward for your labour.

Must you be a believer before you earn salary?

No.

What makes Faith effective is Work and not Prayer.

You might be right or wrong... Prayers helps you keep focus in anticipation of what is to come.

Prayers come in different form

1 Like

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 26, 2023
prayer no dey work

2 Likes

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by ogedanny: 8:57am On Mar 26, 2023
KomonSense:

You might be right or wrong... Prayers helps you keep focus in anticipation of what is to come.

Prayers come in different form

Keeping focus without starting or doing the work is why a lot of Christians are prayerfully poor
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by BigDawsNet: 8:58am On Mar 26, 2023
I believe so..

I think generally...we don't need more prayer to succeed.. we only need to have big faith...

Here in the west, basic amenities are in place for citizens... you rarely see people go to church to pray for job or connections...

Here it's called a place of worship not prayer...

But in Africa, the government job is to show citizens shege pro max... so the average Nigerians believes you have to pray out ur way to have a good life...

Prayers works but if you move out Africa... u will realise you only need to pray a little and hav big faith...

1 Like

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by chudez0147(m): 9:03am On Mar 26, 2023
YES!

I have seen kings' walk barefoot, and I've also seen servants' ride on chariot....
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Skillsnigeria: 9:03am On Mar 26, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by smokinloud(m): 9:10am On Mar 26, 2023
No!.
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by emerged01(m): 9:13am On Mar 26, 2023
Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Not all things need prayer but obidience. Prayer needs faith. Since Faith comes by hearing the word of God,to put faith to work you need to work toward the faith.
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Franking: 9:13am On Mar 26, 2023
Prayers have no role whatsoever in what happens in life. Prayers are just a waste of time. You can make it while being prayerful and you can also make it without praying. It boils down to time and chance. Natural selection.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Blupen969(m): 9:13am On Mar 26, 2023
HydraFeeds:
If you work and pray ,you will succeed.

If you pray without working ,you will fail .

If you work without praying ,you will succeed.
Hydrafeeds you are too smart to be alive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 26, 2023
Smartguyboy:
Just thinking out loud

what do you want to hear?
Do you know Elon Musk ? why reason that he doesn't pray or doesn't have faith or doesn't go to church?
Does being rich implies that your prayer are being answered?
And what exactly do you mean by progressing in life? You seem to equivalent it to being rich in terms of money.

1 Like

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Franking: 9:14am On Mar 26, 2023
Nebes:

What is faith?
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by ogwumgbe: 9:18am On Mar 26, 2023
Smartguyboy:
Just thinking out loud

Rich men who don't go to Church belong somewhere they will not divulge. Atheists don't believe in God but they believe in nature and appl its principles, which means that they are under satan control. As a christian or even a muslim, if you do not pray very hard, omo your life will be totally messed up, no two ways about that, Muslims praying five times a day are not fools and Christians that are so powerful in prayer know that without it, they will be tossed up and down like football.

2 Likes

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by ohis4u2(m): 9:21am On Mar 26, 2023
Yes. Faith is silent prayers.
Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 26, 2023
Being prosperous have nothing to do with your religion.... That's why you see that most rich people do not necessary carry their religion on their heads. To be rich is simple, find a problem provide solution and sell it it to people about how it will make their life better.

Spiritualism ,on the other hand, helps keep your soul connected to your God/god.

The problem with so many Africans is that, we serve God for the wrong reasons, mostly which are material base and when we don't see these things probably because we have nothing to sell or do not have the right skills to bring about solution to people which will transcends to money, we begin to think God is not answering our prayers or that there is a bigger force to fight, so we pray more instead of selling more.

Have you noticed that the poorest among the poorest are the most religious?

For me, the more religious you are, the more you excuse yourself of every action you would have taken... You will want God to do everything, some even expects God to get them a job even from where they didn't submit CVs... I have heard this weird testimonies in church and I don't believe them.... God is not a magician... As long as life exist, there is seeds time and harvest time... The seed is action, the harvest is a consequence of your action

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Our Faith Work Without Being Prayerful? by BigYash: 9:26am On Mar 26, 2023
Abba114:
prayer no dey work
cheesy This my nigga don pray tire...
If you keep hoping and not working, you go old for where you sit dey wait..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Expected Of A Minister's (pastor) Wife / God! Muslims Are So Brainwashed! / Why Do We Have Laws Governing An Uncaused Universe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.