Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

What Is Effect Of Removing Thermostat In A Car. Please Advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is Effect Of Removing Thermostat In A Car. Please Advise (512 Views)

Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / How Can I Drive Rats Away From My Car? Please Help / Removing Thermostat In A Car... What Is The Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Effect Of Removing Thermostat In A Car. Please Advise by Stubborn82: 2:54am On Jul 21, 2020
Please advise me, Carlanders, I just got a new engine for my EOD, my mechanic removed the thermostat saying that it could cause overheating to my engine if not remove. The car ran without thermostat in my previous engine and with fan bypassed, yet the car was so overheating and makes a knocking sound when drive for more than 20minutes.

My question is should I removed the thermostat in this new engine or leave it.

And I equally want to know if Mobil 5w30 oil will be fine on the engine, thanks for advise.
Re: What Is Effect Of Removing Thermostat In A Car. Please Advise by hisgrace090: 5:54am On Jul 21, 2020
I have always run my 2002 Toyota Camry with thermostart, a mechanic once remove it, I went to another and fix it back.

Yet with time another removes it again and to avoid unnecessary argument I also went to anothe and fix it back.

Removing car thermostart is wrong short cut to car heating problem used by most mechanics do to inexperience or laziness.
When a car started heating up, all effort should be made to discover to actual cause and correct it not disconnecting the all important thermostart.

In terms of oil, I always use 5w 30 full synthetic oil.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Effect Of Removing Thermostat In A Car. Please Advise by Stubborn82: 9:19am On Jul 21, 2020
Thank you���

(1) (Reply)

My Car Engine Is Bringing Out White Smoke And Jerking / My Experience With Bad Pvc / Get Loan Up To 2 Million To Boost Your Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.