Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign (29104 Views)

Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads / Senate Asks Supreme Court To Reinstate Onnoghen, Says Buhari Can’t Remove CJN / Senate Asks INEC To Announce June 12, 1993 Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Detolanny(m): 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:
I'm not a fan of Buratai or a fan of Buhari!!

But I must commend this government in the fight against Bokoharam in the north East.

Before 2015 Bokoharam were strong and well equipped that no northern state is safe.

Kano was not safe... Bombing here and there!!

Kaduna, Gombe, bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi,Adamawa, And Yobe were not safe...bomb was killing people here and there!!

They take over local governments and take full control... Displacing and bombing people in large number... There's no week we don't hear of Bokoharam attack in the north.

Even Borno the headquarter of Bokoharam is now almost free if not some villages which are soft targets

Today Bokoharam only have the capacity to attack Borno villages that are close the forest.

We northerners know that things are now better compare how it was before.

The only problem I have the with this government is their poor stragies in the fight against bandit in kastina, Zamfara and southern kaduna.

We only want BUHARI's government to do more!

Bandits in zamfara and kastina should be given same attention that was given to Bokoharam stop underestimating them...

We need more action and change of outdated strategies!
With this long eulogy, and you're not a Buhari/Buratai fan. Be deceiving yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by stormborn28(m): 2:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
Oh.. The useless senators are talking..

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Obierika(m): 2:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
Without being told, they should have all resigned since they do not have a solution to the security challenges of the country
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Dantedasz(m): 2:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
This is very funny.
To even think that General Buhari will even listen or contemplate asking the service chiefs to step aside.
The service chiefs are on permanent employment until 2023 or whenever suits the General.
All this resolutions of the house of reps and Senate is just like noise in the market place to General Buhari,same as the nddc imbroglio involving Akpabio and the joi Nunieh woman and Pondei. Nothing is going to happen!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Pacesetter123(m): 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:

But I must commend this government in the fight against Bokoharam in the north East.

Before 2015 Bokoharam were strong and well equipped that no northern state is safe.

Kaduna, Gombe, bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi,Adamawa, And Yobe were not safe...bomb was killing people here and there!!

They take over local governments and take full control... Displacing and bombing people in large number... There's no week we don't hear of Bokoharam attack in the north.

Even Borno the headquarter of Bokoharam is now almost free if not some villages which are soft targets

Today Bokoharam only have the capacity to attack Borno villages that are close the forest.

The only problem I have the with this government is their poor stragies in the fight against bandit in kastina, Zamfara and southern kaduna.

Bandits in zamfara and kastina should be given same attention that was given to Bokoharam stop underestimating them...

So u mean all those northern states u mentioned earlier are now safe?SMH

3 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by orisa37: 2:10pm On Jul 21, 2020
See how they SALUTE. LIFTING THEIR HANDS FORCE. THEY'RE TIRED AND SHOULD ALL BE RETRENCHED.
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Layksaide(m): 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2020
You want to take advantage of the death of the Cabal head, abi
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Damianwest19: 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2020
long story ! they will still refer the matter to the other room...R.I.P to the departed soldiers. And for the 200 way run ehn ! if I was in your shoes ; I would have done the same thing
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Pacesetter123(m): 2:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
Good one there, Nigeria parliament! Thumbs up
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Mordecai(m): 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:

The person behind this moniker is only pretending to be a northerner.

Else, even Buhari's diehard supporters in the north are very circumspect when talking about the security situation in the north currently. Whether in the Northeast or in the Northwest.

The outrage against the insecurity in Northern Nigeria is fast turning into a movement. That is the reality. The majority are pissed off now. Really pissed at someone they voted into power as their very own.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Horlaryinkha(m): 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
everyone knws they 're incompetent asshole....but still wondering the forces behind them,because I still see them siting comfortably in that office...I weep for my dear country
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Horlaryinkha(m): 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2020
Mordecai:

are you really making sense?....insecurity is far worse now than what we u can comprehend, this govt has only make things worse, subjecting the lives and property into danger...why do we politicize everything in nigeria [quote author=Mordecai post=91948086]

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Pondeck: 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2020
These men have served more than 40 years as against the usual 35 years of service.
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Mordecai(m): 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2020
Horlaryinkha:
are you really making sense?....insecurity is far worse now than what we u can comprehend, this govt has only make things worse, subjecting the lives and property into danger...why do we politicize everything in nigeria

Recheck my post again, please.
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by YoungAncient1: 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2020
Sack their employer instead.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Nchenches: 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
Too late. Not when the NASS had chosen its leaders who practically made President Buhari a demi god and a quasi dictator.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by kaludestiny10(m): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
Those men are super rich. If I were one of them, I will just tender my resignation letter to whoever that is in charge in aso rock. I don't even know if the man in aso rock is truly Buhari or Jubril according to mazi Nnamdi KANU.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by chiiraq802(m): 2:50pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Ategberoson(m): 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:

you're contradicting yourself Mr man, if Buhari had done what a world leaders had not done before you should acknowledged and sent appraisal and letter of appreciation to him

you don't need the other phrase at the second and last paragraph OK

Buhari is a saint to complement and make Arewa happy. by force, by fire una go sense

commending a govt of his roles&responsibility. do you know how many soldiers and civilians that have died in the same Northeast. I don't know why you people can't reason straight for once

Nonsense and Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by j1mmy: 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2020
The only decent person at the top is Lt Gen Lamidi Adeosun.
But he cannot speak Hausa so Buhari might not make him COAS!

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Philipxxxx0: 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:

please this your song is outdated look for better things to say next time. Before I forget tell your president that insecurity has made his villagers to run away, he may not have relations again with the level of insecurity in his state before he leave government.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by FlordFlorez(m): 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
All that i can say presently is that Nigeria is experiencing silent & slow cleasing. May it remain consistent.
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Mars16(m): 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2020
Audio.............

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by djoey89: 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
gambia:
Its long over due. But its confirm Audio, nothing more.

Don't mind him, that is how he did with magu till the man allegedly stole the whole country, now they are doing audio trial, why dont we nip a problem before it grows different heads like an hydra.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by bejeria101(m): 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
Long overdue
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by bejeria101(m): 3:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
Detolanny:

With this long eulogy, and you're not a Buhari/Buratai fan. Be deceiving yourself.

See foolish analogy. When ihejirika was there which town did they over run? Wasn't it politics when northern elders said ihejirika was killing their children and that they would take him to the international criminal court of justice?
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Brushstrokes20: 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2020
.... The usual noise without action, only a red revolt can salvage the doomed shithole.
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by oglalasioux(m): 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
poiunt:
I tire for Nigeria senate.

You cant change service chiefs like you are changing cloths, it will lead to tactical mistakes and demoralization on the battle field.

Reality is many of these politicians are the one sponsoring violence in their states.

What do you know about the military? Do you know why Gowon replaced Adekunle with Obasanjo during the civil war? Without that change the Biafran war would have lasted longer.
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by poiunt: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
oglalasioux:

What do you know about the military? Do you know why Gowon replaced Adekunle with Obasanjo during the civil war? Without that change the Biafran war would have lasted longer.

That is civil war, nigeria is fighting a different war, an unconventional war that is mostly sponsored by internal and external elements of which politicians are among.
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by buklarbest: 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
Na Audio They will still be on the seat come 2022
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by phccars: 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2020
With the recent meeting of the President, the tone of the Army chief after meeting the president, it seems this will now happen., and if this happens, the senate was only ask to make the proposal by the exec! just my thought...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Buys 108 Jeeps At Twice Price. / Buhari Is Allowing Other Ethnic Groups To Kill Our People - Miyetti Chairman / First Term Is For Project Initiation- Osita Chidoka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.