Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign (29099 Views)

Senate Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Federal Roads / Senate Asks Supreme Court To Reinstate Onnoghen, Says Buhari Can’t Remove CJN / Senate Asks INEC To Announce June 12, 1993 Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by TheoStatesman(m): 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
God have mercy
Nnamdi Azikiwe
Obafemi Awolowo
Anthony enahoroh
Abubakar Tafewa balewa
This was not the country you people dream of
Things has fallen apart and the center can not hold
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Dee60: 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2020
What is the basis for the call? Can they explain?

There is no nation that changes her war generals in the middle of a war!

The enemy can take advantage and make deep in-roads while the new ones take their time as 'learners' in their new roles.
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Moikiitos: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
fergie001:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-senate-asks-service-chiefs-to-resign/amp

https://twitter.com/NGRSenate/status/1285549186105122819?s=19

All I see here is another politician fighting for his own self interest thinking for another 4 years at senate in 2023 election year.
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by earnit1: 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2020
ok
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Tonalphs(f): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2020
let them be looting and not do anything bout insecurity. it will end like Badeh. he had the opportunity to do what is right but didn't. same bandits he protected indirectly, killed him. they should take a lesson from the late AVM.
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by WizzyVine: 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2020
It's a difficult situation. There's Boko Haram among the service chiefs.

There's Boko Haram among the soldiers, and there's Boko Haram in the National Assembly. There's Boko Haram in Aso Rock and in those places where you never think of.

The real Boko Harams are the people in high places who place money and arms in the hands of the mad ones in the bush.

Even if the service chiefs are sacked. Nothing will change.
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by SonOfTheRisingS: 4:25pm On Jul 21, 2020
Tissaia:
Hmm

Correct border.

Zoo national assembly need see this correct border asap cool
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Vivian16: 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2020
All the service chiefs both military and para-military all headed by northerners so what do you expect, nothing good wiil come out Nigeria's security for now until drastic measures are taken.
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by LZAA: 4:56pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:
I'm not a fan of Buratai or a fan of Buhari!!

But I must commend this government in the fight against Bokoharam in the north East.

Before 2015 Bokoharam were strong and well equipped that no northern state is safe.

Kano was not safe... Bombing here and there!!

Kaduna, Gombe, bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi,Adamawa, And Yobe were not safe...bomb was killing people here and there!!

They take over local governments and take full control... Displacing and bombing people in large number... There's no week we don't hear of Bokoharam attack in the north.

Even Borno the headquarter of Bokoharam is now almost free if not some villages which are soft targets

Today Bokoharam only have the capacity to attack Borno villages that are close the forest.

We northerners know that things are now better compare how it was before.

The only problem I have the with this government is their poor stragies in the fight against bandit in kastina, Zamfara and southern kaduna.

We only want BUHARI's government to do more!

Bandits in zamfara and kastina should be given same attention that was given to Bokoharam stop underestimating them...

We need more action and change of outdated strategies!

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by SuperStriker: 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:

But I must commend this government in the fight against Bokoharam in the north East.

Before 2015 Bokoharam were strong and well equipped that no northern state is safe.

Kaduna, Gombe, bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi,Adamawa, And Yobe were not safe...bomb was killing people here and there!!

They take over local governments and take full control... Displacing and bombing people in large number... There's no week we don't hear of Bokoharam attack in the north.

Even Borno the headquarter of Bokoharam is now almost free if not some villages which are soft targets

Today Bokoharam only have the capacity to attack Borno villages that are close the forest.

The only problem I have the with this government is their poor stragies in the fight against bandit in kastina, Zamfara and southern kaduna.

Bandits in zamfara and kastina should be given same attention that was given to Bokoharam stop underestimating them...

You're a foolish eediot.

Are these service chiefs the best Nigeria has to offer?
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by jamalnation(m): 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2020
Audio
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by dalass(f): 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
SaintBeehot:
they're of no use before.

The service Chiefs are shameless! The Representative have spoken the peoples minds but they don't have brains..

In saner climes, the President would gave fired them or the mumu army chiefs would have resigned honorably
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2020
ODJ124:
senate is looking for trouble
what trouble??

stop saying nonsense pls.

with the increasing level of insecurity in the country, they should be sacked
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by slowice(m): 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:

Pesin wey nor sabi read English go think say you type sense with this your epistle...... Typing rubbish with confidence. Your case is indeed different
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by rummmy: 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:

have you received your July stipend?
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by SaintBeehot(m): 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2020
dalass:

The service Chiefs are shameless! The Representative have spoken the peoples minds but they don't have brains..

In saner climes, the President would gave fired them or the mumu army chiefs would have resigned honorably
If listen to Fela Zombie, you will understand the situation of Mr President.
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Advocate500: 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:

when did u stop supporting the useless man called president joker's? change of name but the same people, bandits, bokoharam are the same ,
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Grateful007: 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:

Ar u daft?.... didn't u c d pictures of slain soldiers yesterday....u well so
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Dillions22(m): 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2020
I tot they said that no army personel resigned
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by moodyguy: 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:

Mumu
Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Sunnyja: 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
Arrewa:

Be sincere to yourself and agree that insecurity is getting worse in the North. Right now there is no week Nigerians don't hear of boko Haram ambushing soldiers and killing civilians. Before 2015, Nigeria never recorded the huge numbers of soldiers voluntarily willing to disengage from the army. Military bases are been attacked and soldiers are being killed, is this what you call soft target?! It's ignorance that made you to think that they had a good strategy against Boko Haram but poor strategy against bandits.

1 Like

Re: Senate Asks Service Chiefs To Resign by Sunnyja: 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2020
poiunt:

That is civil war, nigeria is fighting a different war, an unconventional war that is mostly sponsored by internal and external elements of which politicians are among.
Just listen to yourself. Which external politician shouted that attack on bokoharam is an attack on the north. Which internal politician is releasing capatured bokoharam members and enlisting them in the national army?! Be deceiving yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Murray-Bruce: "The Response I Got For Suggesting That Dasuki Be Tried Openly" / "Wike And Fayose Have Brought Shame To PDP" - Ali Modu Sheriff / Tinubu, Atiku, Obi Upbeat As Violence, Late Arrival Of Materials Overshadow Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.