Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) (62028 Views)

Igoba Town, Akure, Ondo State Wears New Look / Ore Flyover Project In Ondo Takes Appreciable New Look (Photos) / Roads Sweeping Begins In Ikot Ekpene As It Wears New Clean Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by isax(m): 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
cheesy shocked
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by pointstores(m): 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
Kk now
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by OkhaiAsein(m): 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
Openbusiness4:
Maybe you don't know what Allen Avenue is. That area is one of the best areas on the mainland, the only problem is heavy traffic due to it being a highly commercial area and then its a major access route to Alausa Secretariat. Lockdown or no lockdown, raining season or dry, holiday or no holiday, aerial view or X-ray view, Allen Avenue and Opebi na posh big man area
I have been there Bro that place is not Lit.. that area when the traffic is overload.. u will just regret why u came

1 Like

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
Iamdemola:
The popular Allen Roundabout in Ikeja which is one of the traffic prone areas in Lagos, connecting Aromire Avenue, Allen Avenue and Awolowo Way leading to the Alausa secretariat has been demolished to ease traffic.

See pictures of the old and new round about below

Op u forgot to state the roundabout was replaced with an intersection. I believe that’s what it’s called.

So no more Allen roundabout bt Allen intersection.
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by DJperdurabo: 6:49pm On Jul 22, 2020
Aidejay:
Basically you can generate your own electricity independently.
If only we had constant light in this country, many things won't be problems.
However any business that wants to progress must be ready to innovate how they will pad electricity deficiency with proper power generation outlets so as not to crash and burn in this country.

But roads on the other hand are a whole ball game. You can't build road for your self and by your self per se.
"Infrastructural mediocrity" does not qualify this roundabout as the people left to navigate that axis will attest to how it has eased their lives and business especially with the reduction in traffic and traffic related incidents.

Don't let your unobjective and questionable "personal conviction" in relation to this issue cloud your brain. Sounding ignorant is not a talent you should be proud of.

You made valid points but the last paragraph wasn't necessary as you can air your views without condescension.

3 Likes

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by thesicilian: 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2020
Superwave:
That is Igbos for you, if it was the pathetic bridge Ugwuanyi commissioned they will be complimenting him that he tried but if it is any Yoruba governor doing something as commendable as this they will switch the topic to rail or any senseless in their head.

For you guys it always boils down to Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by thesicilian: 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2020
lekki1444:
my brother go buy gen and solar na
That few of us can afford it does not mean we should lose sight of what is normal and start living in a fool's paradise.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by mukthar2000(m): 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2020
SuperStriker:

OP is llying. This is not Allen roundabout
brother try visit the area, no time for aguememt pls

1 Like

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by nextstep(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
This is a welcome change. Lagos drivers just don't know how to use roundabout:
- the person turning left will remain in the right lane until the very end
- the person who wants to go straight will want to jam into the person turning left
- everybody follows bumper to bumper so there's never any space to yield to cars already in the roundabout

I just hope the traffic light works and that Lagosians obey, or that yellow fever regulates traffic properly.

1 Like

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
I really like to own housing properties in Lagos island! But if wishes were horses...... Owning all this amazing houses I see in lekki areas and abuja are something I want 4 myself, but when I look at life, I don't just know how to go about it in getting this things and living a very very comfortable life with my family and few close friends! I don't just knw how and I don't ever want to die poor without even getting to travel and explore d world, and see Finland's green night colors, or Canada's snow Forest's , or own a house in London, and go to many cities, so many things to do with life but I'm here living 4% of what I should really have! Chai! I'm saddened that Nigeria hasn't got what it takes to make us great like we actually are yet! Is sad that the people are d cause of our problems, the government hasn't changed in being more communist and attending to d simple social services of d people even common electricity and good drinking water we don't av! Terrible, pathetic lives we all forced to live in because few people own d common wealth of all! Our passports aren't respected, our currency doesn't want t appreciate against d dollar and euros! Mtcheew ! 4get this country won't change in d next 40yrs! We av a lot to change and learn

1 Like

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by Nweike190(m): 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
Iamdemola:
The popular Allen Roundabout in Ikeja which is one of the traffic prone areas in Lagos, connecting Aromire Avenue, Allen Avenue and Awolowo Way leading to the Alausa secretariat has been demolished to ease traffic.

See pictures of the old and new round about below

Yeye New look...
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by ChevKing(m): 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
Iamdemola:

The problem with Lekki Expressway is that it is the only road servicing that area and Lagos state erred a bit by allowing the concession company to fence the road. If the govt can open up inner roads from Maroko to Ajah and from Lekki Phase 1 to Elegushi to Badore, it will be ok.

Very intelligent and factual contribution. You must be an engineer, 25years concession on a road that the government should have co-funded and pay gradually.

Nigerian Govt has been slaving her people in the name of policy and 'yeye projects'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 22, 2020
smiley

I am not an engineer. The fault is quite obvious and any unbiased person will state the fact. Lekki is highbrow, yet only one major road in that axis. It's appalling. Now that Dangote would soon start production (both old and Fertilizer), I wonder what will become of that road.

ChevKing:

Very intelligent and factual contribution. You must be an engineer, 25years concession on a road that the government should have co-funded and pay gradually.

Nigerian Govt has been slaving her people in the name of policy and 'yeye projects'
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by Openbusiness4: 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
OkhaiAsein:

I have been there Bro that place is not Lit.. that area when the traffic is overload.. u will just regret why u came
Traffic yes, no argument on that. Opebi - Allen - Adeniy8 Jones - Alausa zone is the most CORPORATE commercial area in the whole of Lagos Mainland. And the Opebi Allen road is just 2 lane, hence the constant traffic, also due to that giant roundabout dey just dismantled. So hopefully, with this new arrangements, d traffic will surely reduce more than before. Although traffic will still be there cuz na 2 lane with high concentrated companies and vehicles, like awolowo road Ikoyi. But traffic is usually less early morning and weekends. But for value, that area is one of the richest areas on the mainland, the only place on mainland that beats it na GRA ikeja. Ever before you have Lekki, VI, Ikoyi boom, all the real big men for Lagos mainland, na this axis dem dey before relocating to the Island.

3 Likes

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
grin

Look closely again bro

SuperStriker:

You're a liar. This is not Allen roundabout.

What do you gain from all these lies?
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by Tabletuner(m): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2020
lagusboyyy:
If not for the issue of traffic.

I actually preferred the old looks, its green vegetation and nature's look is beautiful.

Was traffic the reason for the reconstruction?
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by zoedew: 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
Needed next is a two level flyover. One from Adeniyi Jones inward Allen. Second from Ikeja inward Secretariat.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by Reference(m): 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2020
Departing the century old European traffic management style for the American one. Roundabouts or intersections.... the debate will go on forever.

1 Like

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2020
I still dey wonder who bring that useless roundabout idea. The one for dangote ebute Ikorodu just cover all the road. if driver no hold steering well, the vehicle fit veer off sef
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
Aidejay:
Basically you can generate your own electricity independently.
If only we had constant light in this country, many things won't be problems.
However any business that wants to progress must be ready to innovate how they will pad electricity deficiency with proper power generation outlets so as not to crash and burn in this country.

But roads on the other hand are a whole ball game. You can't build road for your self and by your self per se.
"Infrastructural mediocrity" does not qualify this roundabout as the people left to navigate that axis will attest to how it has eased their lives and business especially with the reduction in traffic and traffic related incidents.

Don't let your unobjective and questionable "personal conviction" in relation to this issue cloud your brain. Sounding ignorant is not a talent you should be proud of.
LOL, the quote is right. What Nigeria need is 24hrs electricity not those mediocrity called project, a sensible government would have used an interchange because with time increase in population, cars, trucks would congest and put pressure on the road which would require more funds to reconstruct.
Worst part no traffic lights, no street lights, more accidents at night with poor visibility.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by Enyimbamercedes: 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2020
Probably 50-60% of the road users wont know what how to use the yellow box junction. For them it is for beautification

Road signs and markings without proper orientation is pointless..

Come to Abuja and see rubbish driving

1 Like

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2020
zoedew:
Needed next is a two level flyover. One from Adeniyi Jones inward Allen. Second from Ikeja inward Secretariat.

One is ok
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by Reference(m): 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2020
Iamdemola:
smiley

I am not an engineer. The fault is quite obvious and any unbiased person will state the fact. Lekki is highbrow, yet only one major road in that axis. It's appalling. Now that Dangote would soon start production (both old and Fertilizer), I wonder what will become of that road.

Horrendous. If he doesn't build a pipeline to evacuate products from his refinery you can be sure those pesky tankers will take over the entire peninsula degrading it to Apapa status.... And once they anchor it will take an Act of God to remove them.

3 Likes

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2020
..but imagine the accident when ppl go dey try to beat traffic for night, like 11pm
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by princemartinsG(m): 7:45pm On Jul 22, 2020
From a different perspective
Let's think
We must think differently to get true development

For how long would our government continue in infrastructural developments and facelift.

Since immemorial
All successive governments focus most on road and physical infrastructures

Would road projects ever stop in our country?

Vote national rebirth
VDM
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by lagusboyyy(m): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2020
Tabletuner:

Was traffic the reason for the reconstruction?
I think so.
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
Dem suppose to don put pedestrian bridge too, abi people crossing no dey cause traffic
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by Tabletuner(m): 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2020
lagusboyyy:
I think so.

Ok but I think a flyover would have been better

1 Like

Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by babapressy(m): 7:54pm On Jul 22, 2020
Good work
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by lagusboyyy(m): 7:54pm On Jul 22, 2020
Tabletuner:

Ok but I think a flyover would have been better
probably to save cost though.

You know, flyovers cost billions.
Re: Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) by myles16(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2020
SuperStriker:

Big lie! This is not Allen roundabout

So it's where ?? If you don't know road STFU!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City (updates) / This Is What Happens To Your Poop When You Defecate In A Plane's Lavatory. / This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.