Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

If You Were In My Shoes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Were In My Shoes (1104 Views)

What Would U Do If U Were In My Shoes / What Would You Do If You Were In My Shoes? / If You Were In My Shoes, What Would You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were In My Shoes by Otuabaroku: 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2011
Haven graduated and served in a good establishment, I was very lucky to secure a good job in one of new generation banks. Thank God for my dedication during my Uni and making a good grade.Well, did not mean to bore you with my story but to highlight the joy of wanting to travel to East during December period to spend my Xmas and unite with my significant others and friends after two years.Life can be very beautiful, if know what I mean.

I was catching my fun until I paid my uncle a visit; he was not at home at moment , I only met the wife. She was very sick for 3 months but had recovered fully for about six months before my visit. She was very happy seeing me and to show how happy she was, she almost told me everything that has been happening to her since I visited her last. To cut the long story short, she ended the story by complaining what my uncle has been doing to her recently. That he has refused to be footing the feeding expenses talk more of other responsibilities.

As she was complaining bitterly, low and behold , the accused just walked in. We exchanged pleasantries and he just walked into his room to change his clothes. After sometime, he joined us in the living room. I was about confirming from him the allegation leveled against him by his wife before he opened up.

And this is what he said :"Otuabaroku, I know my wife must be complaining how I failed to carry out my responsibility these days, has she told you the root cause of that? Well, if she has not told you, the cause of it is that she has starved me for sex for 2 months before she took ill and this is the sixth month after her recovery, she is still starving me of sex. This is the main cause of my sudden change of attitude".

Hm, as he released the bombshell, I was dumb folded and totally blank. This could be because I least expected that from him,as this is a man who has just celebrated his 67Th birthday and the wife is 52 yrs old. He is well respected elder in the church.I was wondering , so this man still the wire? Another thing that was going in my mind was should I tell my uncle, he has to be patient with the wife and find out why she changed or should I tell her to give him what he wanted for peace to reign, all these were going in my mind before I received an urgent call from pupsy. I was like thank God, at least let me have some time to consider how to mediate in this issue.

If you were in my shoes, what will be your advice for this old couple?
Re: If You Were In My Shoes by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 07, 2011
some of these older couples will fight and fight, putting somebody in the middle.

then after the person has developed high blood pressure on their account, they do an about turn.
Re: If You Were In My Shoes by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 07, 2011
wrong section btw.
Re: If You Were In My Shoes by Kx: 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2011
Proverbs 5:18-19
May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.  A loving doe, a graceful deer-- may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love.

Proverbs 30:18-19
"There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand:  the way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a snake on a rock, the way of a ship on the high seas, and the way of a man with a maiden..

1 Corinthians 7:1-16
, "The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.  The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.  [size=14pt]Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent [/size] and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer.

Ephesians 5:22-23
Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord.

These biblical instructions are for married couples irrespective of age,i suppose. In as much as I 'd advise the husband to show understanding and be patient with the wife; a little effort at satisfying the man could just be the tonic that could resolve all the bitterness.
Re: If You Were In My Shoes by satani22: 7:09pm On Feb 07, 2011
take to family or romantic thread
Re: If You Were In My Shoes by Otuabaroku: 9:33am On Feb 08, 2011
Thank you all for your response. Please keep it coming.
Re: If You Were In My Shoes by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 08, 2011
Otuabaroku:

And this is what he said :"Otuabaroku, I know my wife must be complaining

Ok, but the name is funny and I can imagine the man trying to get it all out at once. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Were In My Shoes by naijafrend: 10:47am On Feb 08, 2011
OP, why did they decide to discuss this with you. Assuming you are not married, what sort of solution did they expect from you?
Anywayz moving on to the issue, what was the woman's reaction to these allegations? If they are true, she would have several reasons starting from infidelity to health issues. The man has to first sit down and talk with his wife and try to find out the cause before he starts gisting younger men about his sorrows. Btw, your uncle is wicked o! Did he really have to stop giving feeding money to teach her a lesson?
Re: If You Were In My Shoes by no1madman(m): 1:14pm On Feb 08, 2011
"Thou shall not close ur legs."

(1) (Reply)

Types Of Husbands / Is Childless Marriage Not A Problem ? / The Best Long Term Method Of Contraception.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.